Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? (14702 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 6:14pm On Feb 17
In Christianity, the importance of tithing can not be ignored. God instructed Christians to bring 10th of their total income to his storehouse or temple.

However, in today's modern world, people no longer give animals or material things as Tithe (not that it is forbidden) but instead all have been monetized.

One may wonder and ask the following questions:

* Why do Christians have to bring their TITHES to God's storehouse or temple?

* What is God's understanding of a store house or temple?

* Can one give his/her TITHE to parents or people if they are in need?

WHY DO CHRISTIANS HAVE to bring their TITHE to God's storehouse/ temple?

Malachi 3:10

New Living Translation
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test.

Just as it is written in the scripture, we give TITHE so that there will be enough in the temple or store house of God.

WHAT IS GOD'S UNDERSTANDING OF STOREHOUSE/ TEMPLE?

The scripture gives us a clear idea of God's understanding on what a storehouse/ temple is. In the scripture we can classify God's understanding of a storehouse/ temple as the following:

* Store house/ temple view by God as a Physical man made structures.

* Store house/ temple view by God as a human body (that is spirit with a soul)

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A "PHYSICAL MAN MADE STRUCTURE"

Here God views a temple or storehouse as a structure built by man. It is always physical in nature.

Ezra 1: 3

New International Version
Any of his people among you may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the LORD, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem, and may their God be with them.

1Chronicles 28:3
New International Version
But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.’

Here we can clearly see that God is referring a house/temple as a man made structure.

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A HUMAN BODY (THAT IS SPIRIT WITH A SOUL)

Here, God does not view a storehouse or temple as a physical man made structure but rather he views it as a human body that has a soul and a spirit.

1Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

John 4: 21-23

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit (the spirit is inside the body) and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Here Jesus was trying to tell us that our body will be the temple where God will be worshipped which confirms that God also sees our body as a storehouse/ temple.

Matthew 12:43-45

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says[b], ‘I will return to the house I left[/b].’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there (because they see it just as God sees it as a house too) And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Here, Jesus is referring to human's body (that has a spirit and a soul) to be a house where demons could dwell or live. It opens our eye to the fact that God who is a spirit also sees our human physical body as a temple/house.

CAN ONE GIVE HIS/ HER TITHE TO PARENTS OR PEOPLE IF THEY ARE IN NEED?

Now, that we understand how God sees or defines a " storehouse or temple", we can now proceed to answering the question. The following are the 3 reasons why you can give your TITHE to your parents or people if they are in need.

* Jesus says in mark7:11-12

Mark7:11-12
New international Version
11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Here, Jesus was telling the people how wrong they were when they refused to help their parents with things (including tithe) they had dedicated to give God when they were seriously in need. If your parents are in serious need of money and you could help them with your tithe (because that is what is left to help) but told them "you rather give the money to God as tithe than them", Jesus says you are wrong.

* Your parents/ people are temple or storehouse (spirits that live in body with soul) of God by scriptures.

Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!

This article is written to let us see from scriptures (bible) view that while it good to take our tithe to physical house of God we should not also condem the fact that humans body is also seen by God as a temple or storehouse in which we can invest our tithe in if they are in need of it after we have given every other things.

Meanwhile,, Jesus is waiting for you because jesus is the messiah the world is waiting so connect with him today! !!!

HOW TO CONNECT WITH JESUS

Your body is the house of God is it clean or dirty? You can make it clean by connecting to Jesus today.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by EreluRoz: 6:20pm On Feb 17
Yes, tithes are for people in need and not all these pastors who are now using it as a means of survival

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Boogyman557: 6:34pm On Feb 17
Nnn
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Righthussle: 7:08pm On Feb 17
No, you must give it to your pastor. He needs it to pay his bills and maintain his private jets and luxury cars.

20 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:15pm On Feb 17
Corrections:
I
Here, Jesus was telling the people how wrong they were when they refused to help their parents with things (including tithe) they had dedicated to give God when they were seriously in need. If your parents are in serious need of money and you could help them with your tithe (because that is what is left to help) but told them "you rather give the money to God as tithe than them", Jesus says you are wrong.

You are the one who is wrong.

Christ Said "give to ceaser what belomgs to ceaset;to God, what belongs to God; to your parents what belongs to your parents."

6 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:28pm On Feb 17
Dtruthspeaker:

You are the one who is wrong.

Christ Said "give to ceaser what belomgs to ceaset;to God, what belongs to God; to your parents what belongs to your parents."

Tell me the things that belong to ceaser.

Tell me the things that belong to God.

Tell me the things that belong to your parents.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29pm On Feb 17
According to God you're not to determine what happens to your tithes God said bring it to His house and not to the needy.
So if you don't bring it to His house you're still owing Him the tithe!undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:27am On Feb 18
MaxInDHouse:
According to God you're not to determine what happens to your tithes God said bring it to His house and not to the needy.
So if you don't bring it to His house you're still owing Him the tithe!undecided

Is human body (that consists of spirit and soul) no longer the temple/house of God according to 1 cor6:19-20 where God dwells? If it is, then your point is off focus.

@maxinDhouse………………………………….
……………………… Why do you speak with both side of your mouth? At this moment you argue on how tithes should be paid the next moment you claim tithe does not exist.

I should have known that I was talking with the wrong person all along with your responses that have no scriptural bases or back up.

Your doctrine frowns at paying tithe (so you don’t do it) yet you want to teach those whose doctrine permits them to pay tithe.

A blind man that wants to lead a man with 2 eyes that see should not be taken seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Expanse2020(m): 8:46am On Feb 18
I think it's not necessary to give pastor but rather give to the needy..it's just an embezzling process for all these pastors.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:48am On Feb 18
EreluRoz:
Yes, tithes are for people in need and not all these pastors who are now using it as a means of survival

Not all of them please!!! I believe majority of them are great givers that give to the poor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18
Corrections:

Is human body (that consists of spirit and soul) no longer the temple/house of God according to 1 cor6:19-20 where God dwells? If it is, then your point is off focus.

The body here is not referring to individuals but the church so when Paul said "your body he wasn't talking about each individual but the congregation as a whole"

2 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 3:49pm On Feb 18
MaxInDHouse:

The body here is not referring to individuals but the church so when Paul said "your body he wasn't talking about each individual but the congregation as a whole"

See what you wrote… ..…..so who makes up a congregation or church ? Buildings? Public address system (speakers)? Is it not the people that make up the congregation as a whole in which Paul told them that their body is the temple of God? So what exactly are you saying?

Furthermore, when Jesus was saying that the time is here when people will longer go to Jerusalem (a synagogue house equivalent to today’s house of God) to worship God ( because that is where they will experience the presence of God ) but instead God will come and dwell in their bodies as they worship in spirit, was Jesus not opening our eyes to the fact that body is a house/temple where God can visit?

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit (the spirit is inside the body) and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

What about when Jesus was talking about Demons using humans as house where they dwell? Jesus was saying this directly to open our sense to the fact that our bodies ( which consist of a soul and spirit) is a place/house Demons can dwell or live. If demons can live in person as a house, is it the presence of God that can not live in a person?

Matthew 12:43-45

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there (because they see it just as God sees it as a house too) And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:32pm On Feb 18
Corrections:

See what you wrote… ..…..so who makes up a congregation or church ? Buildings? Public address system (speakers)? Is it not the people that make up the congregation as a whole in which Paul told them that their body is the temple of God? So what exactly are you saying?

The body here comprises of parts these parts are individuals from different places to form a congregation so God dwells in this body for a purpose, the individuals making up a congregation are imperfect humans but since God dwells in the body they will unitedly do God's will.
For instance read what Paul says here:

"But speaking the truth, let us by love grow up in all things into him who is the head, Christ. From him all the body is harmoniously joined together and made to cooperate through every joint that gives what is needed. When each respective member functions properly, this contributes to the growth of the body as it builds itself up in love" Ephesians 4:15-16

"because a husband is head of his wife just as the Christ is head of the congregation, he being a savior of this body". Ephesians 5:23

Is Paul talking about individual body here or a whole congregation?

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 5:03pm On Feb 18
MaxInDHouse:

The body here comprises of parts these parts are individuals from different places to form a congregation so God dwells in this body for a purpose, the individuals making up a congregation are imperfect humans but since God dwells in the body they will unitedly do God's will.
For instance read what Paul says here:

"But speaking the truth, let us by love grow up in all things into him who is the head, Christ. From him all the body is harmoniously joined together and made to cooperate through every joint that gives what is needed. When each respective member functions properly, this contributes to the growth of the body as it builds itself up in love" Ephesians 4:15-16

"because a husband is head of his wife just as the Christ is head of the congregation, he being a savior of this body". Ephesians 5:23

Is Paul talking about individual body here or a whole congregation?

I don't get your point bro you mixing things up here.......I ask again what makes up the congregation? Trees, mansions titles (mr/ Mrs or pastor or reverend) or human beings?

If I may ask, who are the Christians that Jesus Christ heads?
A. Goats B. Ram C. Tree D. Human-beings.

What is your answer? Are the disciples of Christ trees? Are they not human beings?
So, when you keep saying....... congregation!! Congregation!!! Are congregations trees?

Haba.....this is very clear!!

You also ignored all the Bible passages I stated there that clearly buttressed the topic.

I don't really understand you.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:35pm On Feb 18
Corrections:

I don't get your point bro you mixing things up here.......I ask again what makes up the congregation? Trees, mansions titles (mr/ Mrs or pastor or reverend) or human beings?
If I may ask, who are the Christians that Jesus Christ heads?
A. Goats B. Ram C. Tree D. Human-beings.
What is your answer? Are the disciples of Christ trees? Are they not human beings?
So, when you keep saying....... congregation!! Congregation!!! Are congregations trees?
Haba.....this is very clear!!
You also ignored all the Bible passages I stated there that clearly buttressed the topic.
I don't really understand you.

We are talking about the tithe here there's a difference between deciding to pay individuals or bringing it to the church.
That's what i'm saying.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 6:57pm On Feb 18
MaxInDHouse:

We are talking about the tithe here there's a difference between deciding to pay individuals or bringing it to the church.
That's what i'm saying.

Who is the church? grin grin grin grin grin grin

At this point.....haven made concrete points backed by scriptures from the Bible am done arguing with you.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 6:57pm On Feb 18
MaxInDHouse:

That's what i'm saying.

At this point.....haven made concrete points backed by scriptures from the Bible am done arguing with you.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13pm On Feb 18
Corrections:

The church is the gathering that attracts Jesus' presence an individual is one whom you choose to help.
If you give your tithe to any individual it's wrong because the scriptures say:
"Bring it to the temple"
What confuses most of you is because you are not practicing Christianity so those in charge of your contributions can do and undo with the contributions that's why you're suggesting where or how you should pay it.
But according to God's word the tithes should be brought into the temple where the priests will distribute it to the appropriate quarters.
If you give it to anyone whether needy or not you're not paying the tithe because it must be brought before the true God inside the temple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:56pm On Feb 18
]
MaxInDHouse:

The church is the gathering that attracts Jesus' presence an individual is one whom you choose to help.
If you give your tithe to any individual it's wrong because the scriptures say:
"Bring it to the temple"
What confuses most of you is because you are not practicing Christianity so those in charge of your contributions can do and undo with the contributions that's why you're suggesting where or how you should pay it.
But according to God's word the tithes should be brought into the temple where the priests will distribute it to the appropriate quarters.
If you give it to anyone whether needy or not you're not paying the tithe because it must be brought before the true God inside the temple.

Is it gathering of trees, goats or human being that attracts the presence of Jesus? If it is human beings that gather to form a church, why do you say human beings are not the temple/church of God?

You deliberately avoiding or ignoring the scriptures from the Bible and from Jesus mouth just to please your self. I believe you don’t know more than the scripture and Jesus…………Good luck

You are acting no different from the Pharisees whom Jesus corrected below.

Mark 2:24-25 and 27
24 The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25 He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26 In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”
27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

The Pharisees were corrected, when Jesus rebuked them by telling them the story of David on how he eat the holy bread meant for holy people like priests to eat only. Jesus let the Pharisees know that “ the sabbath is made for man and not the reverse”

THE SAME THING IS PLAYING OUT HERE “ SHOULD TITHE BE GIVEN TO PARENTS WHO ARE IN NEED OR TO CHRISTIANS IN NEED AT ANY POINT IN TIME?” Your answer is no because it’s holy and must be taken to church alone.

Jesus from experience says what some that relates to what David and to topic we discussing.

11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition (believe system) that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

These below tell us our body is the temple of God.

Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 John 4: 21-23

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:36pm On Feb 18
Corrections:

Tell me the things that belong to ceaser.

Tell me the things that belong to God.

Tell me the things that belong to your parents.

These things are clear., You definitely know the difference between toll gate fee, offering and "mama hold this for weekend".

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 10:39pm On Feb 18
Dtruthspeaker:

These things are clear., You definitely know the difference between toll gate fee, offering and "mama hold this for weekend".

24 The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25 He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26 In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”
27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

The bread that David eat doesn’t belong to God?.

Is tithe not devoted to God?

11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition (believe system) that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

I didn’t write the scriptures of God!!!!!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 10:42pm On Feb 18
Dtruthspeaker:

The bread that David eat doesn’t belong to God?.

Is tithe not devoted to God?

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 10:43pm On Feb 18
Dtruthspeaker:

The bread that David ate doesn’t belong to God?.

Is tithe not devoted to God? This Jesus talking…

…………….. ………………………. ……………………….
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:10am On Feb 19
Corrections:
]
Is it gathering of trees, goats or human being that attracts the presence of Jesus? If it is human beings that gather to form a church, why do you say human beings are not the temple/church of God?

The church means a gathering of worshipers that's what makes the difference so if you're giving something to an individual even though he or she is a member of the church it totally differs from when you give it to the church.

For instance the first century Christians wanted to make donations to the church and what did they do?

They brought it and drop their contributions at the feet of the apostles which in turn was the same contribution distributed to needy members {Act 4:37} if you didn't bring your contribution to the church but give it to any individual be it a member of the church or your family member then you've not given it was the church.

I know you fully understood this but you just want to dispute it simply because your religious leaders are making personal use of your contributions instead of using it for the expenses of the church. smiley
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:14am On Feb 19
MaxInDHouse:

The church means a gathering of worshipers that's what makes the difference so if you're giving something to an individual even though he or she is a member of the church it totally differs from when you give it to the church.

For instance the first century Christians wanted to make donations to the church and what did they do?

They brought it and drop their contributions at the feet of the apostles which in turn was the same contribution distributed to needy members {Act 4:37} if you didn't bring your contribution to the church but give it to any individual be it a member of the church or your family member then you've not given it was the church.

I know you fully understood this but you just want to dispute it simply because your religious leaders are making personal use of your contributions instead of using it for the expenses of the church. smiley

I know you will ignore the points made up their backed by Bible verses that are direct and easy to understand: All those verses don’t mean anything to you write except “ bringing the tithe to physical building called Church.

We are not talking about religious leaders mismanaging fund here, we are talking about giving tithe to parents or poor amongst us where necessary backed by scriptures.

You quoted act 4:32-37… did Peter false the people to bring their belongings? Whenever you read further into chapter 5 where Ananias and his wife Sephora lied about what they gave, what was Paul’s response?

Let us assume that what they were giving was their tithe, Paul’s response to anemias when he found out the truth was that “ he didn’t false him because the money was his” so why did he have to lie? Per adventure he had spent part of the money on something else( which could be on himself or needy family members) Paul position from his statement was that he didn’t false him to bring everything

Here , you are saying that if the tither gives part or whole of his tithe to the needy for any reason he didn’t give it to God. You said they must bring everything to church (a physical building) , is this how PAUL whom you quoted in ACT 4:32-37 and chapter 5 (of same book) handles tithe? Did he say Ananias should bring eve
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:19am On Feb 19
MaxInDHouse:

I know you will ignore the points made up there backed by Bible verses that are direct and easy to understand: Is like all those verses don’t mean anything to you except “ bringing the tithe to physical building called Church.

God sees an individual as a church (propagating the Gospel of Christ) On the judgement day God will judge each member of the Church not a building or title (the church) or in group. Isn't it?

We are not talking about religious leaders mismanaging fund here, we are talking about giving tithe to parents or poor amongst us where necessary backed by scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:08am On Feb 19
Corrections:

I know you will ignore the points made up there backed by Bible verses that are direct and easy to understand: Is like all those verses don’t mean anything to you except “ bringing the tithe to physical building called Church.
God sees an individual as a church (propagating the Gospel of Christ) On the judgement day God will judge each member of the Church not a building or title (the church) or in group. Isn't it?

Can you quote where the Bible says tithe should be given to the needy?
Thanks.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 10:58am On Feb 19
MaxInDHouse:

Can you quote where the Bible says tithe should be given to the needy?
Thanks.

I know the game you trying to play here......

This is Jesus talking

Tithe is what you are claiming is for God and therefore should not be given to the needy or their parent who are in dying need. Instead you say it must be brought to the church and no other place.

IF YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND THIS VERSE AND OTHER VERSES I STATED EARLIER SORRY I CAN'T HELP YOU. ...........Good day.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:15am On Feb 19
Corrections:

I know the game you trying to play here......
This is Jesus talking

You didn't answer the question!

"Quote where the Bible says tithe should be given to the needy"

God commanded His people to help the needy but that totally differs from giving such ones what they are supposed to bring into the temple.
For your information the tithe is for the priests, singers, widows, orphans and visitors.

Those officiating in the temple will do justice to this and not the one who is bringing the tithe so whoever gives it to anyone apart from depositing it in the temple has sinned against God!
You can't teach God how to run His organization if you want to give anything to the needy that's called "gift of mercy" you have the right to give whoever you choose but the tithe belongs to the temple and it's officiating priests and the temple that will make use of it not the donor! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:31am On Feb 19
Corrections:

The bread that David ate doesn’t belong to God?....

Off point! The fact i dodge giving bail money does not mean that it is not king I.G of police money.

And mama's alert still fllows different from my Pay-ye to God!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:49am On Feb 19
Corrections:

The bread that David ate doesn’t belong to God?.
The food was DONATED by tithe payers and as a visitor in God's house David and his men are entitled to it.
But for someone to bypass the Tabernacle and give anything to David means it's no longer the tithe because it's the dedication to God's house that makes it the TITHE not just what you wish to call it! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:54am On Feb 20
MaxInDHouse:

The food was DONATED by tithe payers and as a visitor in God's house David and his men are entitled to it.
But for someone to bypass the Tabernacle and give anything to David means it's no longer the tithe because it's the dedication to God's house that makes it the TITHE not just what you wish to call it! smiley

You just keep hiding the obvious truth from the scriptures. You first pretend as if you didn’t see the scriptures that back my claim. I thought people like you see it as abomination for people to take what is dedicated to God before now? It is no longer abomination but you now saying David is entitled to it….nawa o!! How are you sure that David had not initially collected those food donations (tithe) outside the temple but got finished before going to get those once in the temple? Remember they were at WAR!!!!!

You were the same person that said “ human body is not the temple of God “ that the only temple of God you know is the physical building or structure. Jesus keep showing you the light, here again he is telling you the truth !!! Stop twisting it to suit yourself.

mark 7:11

THE TRUTH CAN’T BE WON!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COZA Port Harcourt OutReach Programme To The Less Privileged (Pictures) / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.