Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (8753 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:15pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Ridiculous. Someone CLEARLY told you what he meant and you are still arguing! It is like someone says "let X be 2, 3+X=5" and your reply is "X is not 2"!!😆

Besides that, it is not just by reaching a certain age. Merely surving will not guarantee reproduction. You have to be "rich" enough to get a fertile mate (competition), and vibrantly healthy enough and fertile enough yourself to reproduce.

But not only that, due to competition, over generations the sickly will disappear though they live more than long enough to reproduce

LoLz. You have a very flawed conception of what natural selection is. It's not magic. The sickly will still survive as along as they have a chance to reproduce which is what we see happening in nature. Your idea that only the strong and health survive is a fiction either of your own making or flat out misconception from a poor understanding. Educate yourself and stop making arguments for something you clearly lack understanding of.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:21pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Confusing post. What do you mean?

I mean you are wrong.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:21pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

LoLz. You have a very flawed conception of what natural selection is. It's not magic. The sickly will still survive as along as they have a chance to reproduce which is what we see happening in nature. Your idea that only the strong and health survive is a fiction either of your own making or flat out misconception from a poor understanding. Educate yourself and stop making arguments for something you clearly lack understanding of.

It is your own conception that is CLEARLY FLAWED.
It is NOT individuals that survive or are selected for, it is TRAITS! Over millions of years beneficial traits survive (are selected for) while non-beneficial ones disappear
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:25pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

I mean you are wrong.

You are obviously the one wrong. I don't know why you have trouble grasping a theory so simple.
It is NOT complicated, no matter how much you try to make it seem so
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:29pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Well said and well written, good example too.
Sooo you accept that:
1) Humans were DESIGNED to hate whats good for their health and longevity. If not, where did that come from?
2) Where did lions liking raw meat, and goats liking grass come from?
3) LordReed and JessicaRabbit, do you agree with him that those are habits, not heritable traits?

If you can show that love for broccoli was inherited via genetic heritage then it is not a habit.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:33pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

If you can show that love for broccoli was inherited via genetic heritage then it is not a habit.

So FRANCISTOWN you are wrong - healthy food tastes and exercise are indeed inheritable traits
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

You are obviously the one wrong. I don't know why you have trouble grasping a theory so simple.
It is NOT complicated, no matter how much you try to make it seem so

You are the one having trouble grasping it. It's not magic nor is it some kind of cookie cutter that produces exact copies. You could not explain the facts I pointed out to you based on your own understanding because YOU ARE WRONG. You can't explain why diabetes is INCREASING based on your understanding because YOU ARE WRONG. You can't explain why the longest lived animals are not the most populous based on your understanding because again YOU ARE WRONG. I can explain all these based on natural selection because I AM RIGHT.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

So FRANCISTOWN you are wrong - healthy food tastes and exercise are indeed inheritable traits

Show that they are genetically inherited first.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:42pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

It is your own conception that is CLEARLY FLAWED.
It is NOT individuals that survive or are selected for, it is TRAITS! Over millions of years beneficial traits survive (are selected for) while non-beneficial ones disappear

WRONG AGAIN. They are not selected for, the traits are part of the organisms that survive. Natural selection is NOT DIRECTING which traits are selected. Traits both good and bad continue to carry forward as long as the organisms survive. Sickle cell continues to survive in the population because humans carrying the gene continue to survive. Dude YOU ARE WRONG. Accept it and get a better understanding of natural selection.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:43pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

You are the one having trouble grasping it. It's not magic nor is it some kind of cookie cutter that produces exact copies. You could not explain the facts I pointed out to you based on your own understanding because YOU ARE WRONG. You can't explain why diabetes is INCREASING based on your understanding because YOU ARE WRONG. You can't explain why the longest lived animals are not the most populous based on your understanding because again YOU ARE WRONG. I can explain all these based on natural selection because I AM RIGHT.

Do I have to spoonfeed? Can't you infer the answers from my post to you and FRANCISTOWN.
Here it is again. Tell me how it doesn't answer all your questions:

Ridiculous. Someone CLEARLY told you what he meant and you are still arguing! It is like someone says "let X be 2, 3+X=5" and your reply is "X is not 2"!!😆

Besides that, it is not just by reaching a certain age. Merely surving will not guarantee reproduction. You have to be "rich" enough to get a fertile mate (competition), and vibrantly healthy enough and fertile enough yourself to reproduce.

But not only that, due to competition, over generations the sickly will disappear though they live more than long enough to reproduce
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:49pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

WRONG AGAIN. They are not selected for, the traits are part of the organisms that survive. Natural selection is NOT DIRECTING which traits are selected. Traits both good and bad continue to carry forward as long as the organisms survive. Sickle cell continues to survive in the population because humans carrying the gene continue to survive. Dude YOU ARE WRONG. Accept it and get a better understanding of natural selection.

Sometimes I wonder if you folks don't do even rudimentary Google search. That's all you need to see that everything you said here is wrong.
Just google:
"Do traits both good and bad continue to carry forward in natural selection"
Then come and tell.us what you found
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:51pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Do I have to spoonfeed? Can't you infer the answers from my post to you and FRANCISTOWN.
Here it is again. Tell me how it doesn't answer all your questions:

LoLz. You are referring to your self since clearly the facts show you are wrong. But instead of accepting you double down with nonsense. Why is competition not making sickle cell and diabetes to disappear? What of heart disease and inherited cancer susceptibilities why is competition not making them disappear? Stop being stubborn for once in your life and attempt to understand.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 5:52pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Sometimes I wonder if you folks don't do even rudimentary Google search. That's all you need to see that everything you said here is wrong.
Just google:
"Do traits both good and bad continue to carry forward in natural selection"
Then come and tell.us what you found

Why should I do your homework for you?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 5:58pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

LoLz. You are referring to your self since clearly the facts show you are wrong. But instead of accepting you double down with nonsense. Why is competition not making sickle cell and diabetes to disappear? What of heart disease and inherited cancer clsusceptibilities why is competition not making them disappear? Stop being stubborn for once in your life and attempt to understand.

LordReed, how many times will I call you. Google is FREE. PLEASE, go and educate yourself. Not for myself or anybody, but just so you won't be making a fool of yourself!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:02pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

LordReed, how many times will I call you. Google is FREE. PLEASE, go and educate yourself. Not for myself or anybody, but just so you won't be making a fool of yourself!

You are the one making a fool of yourself. Google the sentence you wrote in your previous response and educate your dim brain.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 6:04pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Even FRANCISTOWN was NOT arguing that the bad traits should have been carried through. He was only arguing that they carried through because they are habits and not inheritable.
LordReed, I think you are the only one in the world arguing that natural selection selects non-beneficial traits!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 6:10pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

You are the one making a fool of yourself. Google the sentence you wrote in your previous response and educate your dim brain.

Have you seen anyone else on this thread or even NL arguing that Natural Selection selects non-beneficial traits? Sometimes I don't know if you are just pretending.
Natural selection BY DEFINITION selects beneficial traits and let's the harmful disappear!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:13pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Have you seen anyone else on this thread or even NL arguing that Natural Selection selects non-beneficial traits? Sometimes I don't know if you are just pretending.
Natural selection BY DEFINITION selects beneficial traits and let's the harmful disappear!
PoliteActivist:

Are you afraid? Google it and post the results. LoLz.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 6:20pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

Are you afraid? Google it and post the results. LoLz.

It is there for all to see. I don't want to possibly trigger the glitchy antispam by posting a screenshot.
I honestly don't know why you can't get this:

Natural selection simply means individuals that
survive and succeed pass on the genes that aided their success

Simple!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:06pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

It is there for all to see. I don't want to possibly trigger the glitchy antispam by posting a screenshot.
I honestly don't know why you can't get this:

Natural selection simply means individuals that
survive and succeed pass on the genes that aided their success

Simple!

LoLz. What a deceptive little wuss. Bwahahahahaha.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 7:21pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

LoLz. What a deceptive little wuss. Bwahahahahaha.

I'm glad you at least got some education instead of talking rubbish off the top of your head. It should have given you pause when you praised and "corrected" your fellow atheist and she didn't say anything.

Here's Darwin himself:

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:58pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

I'm glad you at least got some education instead of talking rubbish off the top of your head. It should have given you pause when you praised and "corrected" your fellow atheist and she didn't say anything.

Here's Darwin himself:

Dumdum, If I was wrong I trust JessicaRabbit to put me to rights. She didn't because I AM RIGHT but a knucklehead like you is going make rubbish arguments off of arrogant ignorance.

LoLz. Dumdum has lapsed back to to his habit of trying to suck off the teat of authority without understanding a damn thing. Dumdum does not realise when metaphoric statements are being made.

Go, sit and learn numbnuts so you stop talking out your arse.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 8:14pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

Dumdum, If I was wrong I trust JessicaRabbit to put me to rights. She didn't because I AM RIGHT but a knucklehead like you is going make rubbish arguments off of arrogant ignorance.

LoLz. Dumdum has lapsed back to to his habit of trying to suck off the teat of authority without understanding a damn thing. Dumdum does not realise when metaphoric statements are being made.

Go, sit and learn numbnuts so you stop talking out your arse.

🤣 Anybody who can read can see you are embarrassed.
I didn't mean to embarrass you but I don't feel too bad about it because I gave you all the hints and chance to back off - look around you, have you ever seen anyone else arguing that natural selection selects bad traits??!!😆 Na wa!
Defeated again.
QED (again! grin)
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 9:28pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

🤣 Anybody who can read can see you are embarrassed.
I didn't mean to embarrass you but I don't feel too bad about it because I gave you all the hints and chance to back off - look around you, have you ever seen anyone else arguing that natural selection selects bad traits??!!😆 Na wa!
Defeated again.
QED (again! grin)

Bwahahahahahahaha! Look at this ignorant hack, any embarrassment I feel is for the depths of your ignorant arrogance.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by FRANCISTOWN: 9:32pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Haha! First of all. You need to understand what genes and traits are. Then how traits and habits are different.

The basis of my argument with you rests on the fact that. Those traits are not responsible for survival. They are as a result of environment.
Since a child learns how to live life from his immediate environment.
It a child was raised by animals and has never heard any human language. I tell you, that child will not be to speak any human language when he is grown.

It will take him a lot of time to understand and speak the human language. If he gives birth to a child that happens to grow up among humans, are you saying that child won't be able to speak as well?

Did you waste your parents' funds thru schooling? Don't you know that acquired characteristics while alive can't be transferred to offspring?

Some traits are genetic while some are basically not.

Watching TV is not a trait, it's a habit or best a hobby.
Eating broccoli is not a trait. It's a preference or craving.
But allergies are hereditary.

You said exercises are hereditary. You better stop embarrassing yourself.
Have you seen a baby with 6pacs or with a fine toned biceps and triceps?
Do you now understand?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:41pm On Mar 06
LordReed:

Bwahahahahahahaha! Look at this ignorant hack, any embarrassment I feel is for the depths of your ignorant arrogance.

Pele sir. Next time do a cursory search before typing so you don't keep embarrassing yourself
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 9:48pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Pele sir. Next time do a cursory search before typing so you don't keep embarrassing yourself

LoLz! Oh my Andromeda. Bwahahahahahahaha!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 10:05pm On Mar 06
FRANCISTOWN:

Haha! First of all. You need to understand what genes and traits are. Then how traits and habits are different.

The basis of my argument with you rests on the fact that. Those traits are not responsible for survival. They are as a result of environment.
Since a child learns how to live life from his immediate environment.
It a child was raised by animals and has never heard any human language. I tell you, that child will not be to speak any human language when he is grown.

It will take him a lot of time to understand and speak the human language. If he gives birth to a child that happens to grow up among humans, are you saying that child won't be able to speak as well?

Did you waste your parents' funds thru schooling? Don't you know that acquired characteristics while alive can't be transferred to offspring?

Some traits are genetic while some are basically not.

Watching TV is not a trait, it's a habit or best a hobby.
Eating broccoli is not a trait. It's a preference or craving.
But allergies are hereditary.

You said exercises are hereditary. You better stop embarrassing yourself.
Have you seen a baby with 6pacs or with a fine toned biceps and triceps?
Do you now understand?

Understand what?😅 Please don't inadvertently get into self-embarassment like LordReed. A simple search woulda set you straight. See below

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 11:42pm On Mar 06
PoliteActivist:

Understand what?😅 Please don't inadvertently get into self-embarassment like LordReed. A simple search woulda set you straight. See below

LoLz. It's pretentious lil bitches like you who get embarrassed because you are fake from head to toe.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by FRANCISTOWN: 8:22am On Mar 07
PoliteActivist:

I'm sorry to ask but did you attend any registered school at all?

How do Aerobic fitness and athletic abilities tantamount to exercise?

If your father acquired his muscles and cardiorespiratory endurance because he loves to exercise. You cannot inherit such toned muscles and endurance. Because those are testaments to his exercises.

You can only inherit such toned muscles if your family had a line of men with the genes of toned muscles and endurance.
Also, if a lady works the gym to get her butts rounded. Her daughter can only get a rounded butts if there were recessive genes of such in her lineage.

Now back to the attachments that you added. Please understand simple things.

Aerobic fitness and athletic abilities aren't the same as watching TVs, loving broccoli and loving to exercise. I maintain again. These things are habits and not genetic traits so, please stop this academic embarrassment.

Athletic abilities, what is ability? Ability is power.
Now power not as in authority, but as in strength.

Some people have a genotype that makes them better at power or endurance. Much of this is related to muscle fiber type. If you naturally have more type I fibers, you are more likely to be good at endurance. If you have more type II, fast-twitch fibers, power is your strength.

You cannot inherit exercise and the love of broccoli. You can only inherit good bones and endurance which are good for athletic and aerobic stuff.
If what you said were true, then why does regression towards the mean occur?

Earthly acquired features are not transferable to offsprings.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:37am On Mar 07
LordReed:

LoLz. It's pretentious lil bitches like you who get embarrassed because you are fake from head to toe.

You forgot to add bwahahahahahaha🤣. All in an effort to cover up an embarrassment you could have easily avoided.
Do you still believe non-beneficial traits are passed on through natural selection?🤣😂😅
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Mar 07
PoliteActivist:

You forgot to add bwahahahahahaha🤣. All in an effort to cover up an embarrassment you could have easily avoided.
Do you still believe non-beneficial traits are passed on through natural selection?🤣😂😅

Can you even read? It is clearly written in the screenshot that: Natural selection is NOT "preserving all that is good andrejecting all that is bad," Not at all. Natural selection works by giving surviving populations the continued opportunity to reproduce

You have to be dumber than a sack of rocks to not understand from this that all the traits in a surviving population gets propagated because natural selection is NOT selecting anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Hurt Anyone / / If A Member Of Your Church Says "I'm Gay".

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68