Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53502 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^^^any suggestion on other names that we can use
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2011
maki:

Ok really don't ve the patience to read through the pages, but for whatever it's for, am game.
Would have loved to be in d committee but am an office person.

An office person, (as you claim to be) yet you don't have the patience to read a few pages. You're game, without knowing all the details?  
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by marabout(m): 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
Rudebwoy:

I think it will be a good move if we can have the organisation in zones or states. Where every zone will tackle the needs of their area while there will be a general co-ordinator that will stand as the president. Then there will be periodic online meetings with all the zones to submit reports on the achievements of a given period. Just my opinion. Meanwhile i work in the media. When i read about the man that was living under a bridge, i wanted to publish Nairaland Charity's intervention. I sent a personal msg to Seun on twitter and facebook to get his consent but he did not respond. I may not be an active poster but i live and die on NL.

Thanks guys for your noble efforts!

I personally second the idea put forward by RUDBWOY to consider  running this organisation at least in ZONES if not states. Even successful churches do same. This will enable NCO to have it's tentacles nationwide.

The central committee is fine but local zonal volunteers are also needed. Since nobody is paid to do this, there is no issue of staff costs associated. I live abroad and so I cannot be part of it myself.

The other matter is that some people may be more inclined to donate to causes in certain zones more than others. This may not be palatable to some people but it is reality.
We need to show that it is really a nationwide thing, not just a Lagos-orientated one.
We complain about the FG not running a true federal system, let us better. Yes, wherever two or more people are gathered together (physically or virtually) for any reason, there is politics involved.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Gboliwe: 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
Too bad I didnt meet the criteria to be a part of the committee. I Would have loved to be involved majorly.
Whatever I can elsewhere to push this ahead I am in full support
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maki(f): 10:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
Siena:

An office person, (as you claim to be) yet you don't have the patience to read a few pages. You're game, without knowing all the details?  

Seriously what is this suppose to mean? Is this why we are here? Or we are here for a noble cause, Am I suppose to explain anything tou you?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
Great development so far. As regard to the name, there is so way nairaland can be left out because we can only function through this website.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
maki:

Seriously what is this suppose to mean? Is this why we are here? Or we are here for a noble cause, Am I suppose to explain anything tou you?

Your're not oblighed to explain anything to me. But it would be nice if you could at least be interested enough to read through. Merely stating you don't have the patience to read what others have posted creates the impression you couldn't be bothered. Every post here is important, and could make all the difference.

If my comment has upset you, my apologies. It wasn't meant to be offensive.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Undabridge(m): 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
I think the committee should look into ways they can impact into the lives of the Nigerian prison inmate.They've been neglected by their family and the society in general.Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Undabridge(m): 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
I think the committee should look into ways they can impact into the lives of the Nigerian prison inmate.They've been neglected by their family and the society in general.Thank you
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by earthplus: 11:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
I am in. nice idea
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 11:09pm On Dec 07, 2011
Guys,

We have 3 positions left

the criteria for these positions are -

Notes:
- 5, 6 and 7 must be Nigeria-based
- Not to be sexiest but must be at least 2 females and a guy
- Must be able to donate some of their precious time to go out and investigate cases
- To physically confirm and lead projects; must be in Nigeria, ready to devote time for the exercises
- Must be a regular poster on Nairaland NOT once a week poster
- Member since at least 2007 as there will be a lot money involved
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
Would have loved to be in but I dont meet the must be based Nigeria criteria cry

Anyways If you need me to do anything at a later date pls feel free to call on me
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2011
chaircover:

Would have loved to be in but I dont meet the must be based Nigeria criteria cry

Anyways If you need me to do anything at a later date pls feel free to call on me

You visit naija a lot and have a business in naija. We really wouldn't mind someone like you.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
Hello again  smiley

Guys, let's not rush things, yet. I would suggest we start off in Lagos since most of the Volunteers are based in Lagos. There's no need to set up 'offices' in different locations. There's always a starting point in every thing we do in life and this is no different. We can always expand later when things go well. For now I think Lagos is okay.

I'm interested in the Org but not sure where I can fit. Otherwise, I'm happy to chip in my 2p every now and then like everyone  smiley

As for the Obuh's money still in 'our custody' I think we should keep their money and give it to them when the wife puts to bed. I don't support keeping their money and used for other cases. The money was donated towards relieving the plight of the Obuh's and so I think the money should go to them.

Great job as usual  cool
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 11:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
Radiant:

Hello again  smiley

Guys, let's not rush things, yet. I would suggest we start off in Lagos since most of the Volunteers are based in Lagos. There's no need to set up 'offices' in different locations. There's always a starting point in every thing we do in life and this is no different. We can always expand later when things go well. For now I think Lagos is okay.

I'm interested in the Org but not sure where I can fit. Otherwise, I'm happy to chip in my 2p every now and then like everyone  smiley

As for the [b]Obuh's
money still in 'our custody' I think we should keep their money and give it to them when the wife puts to bed. I don't support keeping their money and used for other cases. The money was donated towards relieving the plight of the Obuh's and so I think the money should go to them. [/b]

Great job as usual  cool

Good point.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
Radiant:

Hello again  smiley

As for the Obuh's money still in 'our custody' I think we should keep their money and give it to them when the wife puts to bed. I don't support keeping their money and used for other cases. The money was donated towards relieving the plight of the Obuh's and so I think the money should go to them.

Great job as usual  cool

Where/which area are u based Radiant? Was waiting for you to also show interest. I was going to suggest your name before now.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^^^uk
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2011
^OK. Lets get some more people from naija especially if we are going to accept Chaircover.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2011
Undabridge:

Noted.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 12:11am On Dec 08, 2011
OAM4J:

Where/which area are u based Radiant? Was waiting for you to also show interest. I was going to suggest your name before now.

Yea, I'm in the UK. I think 9/10 people will do a great job to be honest. You guys already pulled off a massive breakthrough with barely 3 'field workers'. The important thing is to have committed people like the group who dealt with the Obuh's. A few dedicated and honest people will achieve great results. And again it's always easier to trust a few people.
We can set up the committee and introduce them officially to NLders and off we start! Look for cases to present and before you know it we're in full swing.

All the best guys. Great job. smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by muhsin(m): 12:13am On Dec 08, 2011
Wonderful. I have never been more fascinated with anything on Nairaland. May Allah, The Exaclted, help this Organization deliver a good job. Keep the ball rolling.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 12:19am On Dec 08, 2011
Radiant:

Yea, I'm in the UK. I think 9/10 people will do a great job to be honest. You guys already pulled off a massive breakthrough with barely 3 'field workers'. The important thing is to have committed people like the group who dealt with the Obuh's. A few dedicated and honest people will achieve great results. And again it's always easier to trust a few people.
We can set up the committee and introduce them officially to NLders and off we start! Look for cases to present and before you know it we're in full swing.

All the best guys. Great job. smiley
I also share the same opinion, so depending on how the nature of the cases may look like, we can then assign or recruit right?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by MrsChima1(f): 12:22am On Dec 08, 2011
Excuse me moderators, why did you deleted my post? angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 12:26am On Dec 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

what post

where

when
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 12:27am On Dec 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

No madam nobody did that.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 12:52am On Dec 08, 2011
Freiburger:

I also share the same opinion, so depending on how the nature of the cases may look like, we can then assign or recruit right?

Precisely. Let's get the ball rolling and grow as we go.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by frankcimc(m): 4:02am On Dec 08, 2011
Great idea people, count me in. God bless cheerful givers.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by soreola(f): 6:34am On Dec 08, 2011
Someone mentioned helping any other family that may live under the bridge just like the Obuhs, we could even go back to that same bridge and look around. However im sure we know not to roll by with money written all over us. Let's find a way to get to this people and hear their stories. Im sure there are other people waiting for the opportunity just to share their stories like the Obuhs. God bless the works of your hands. Many more successful projects to come in Jesus name!

P.s. Charity Name: 'NL Gives' or 'Nigerians Give', something like that sha , however with the 'NL' it would be hard to explain its meaning without mentioning NAIRAland , smiley

If you are looking for a charity organization to donate to, I know a group called SmileCare Initiative. They're a bunch of young adults that visit hospitals, motherless babies homes etc providing them with provisions, smiles and prayers etc. You can find them on FB or Twitter and I know the founder and some of their members. Let me know if you interested.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by snthesis(m): 7:34am On Dec 08, 2011
i am interested - do i qualify
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by DBestDoc(f): 8:17am On Dec 08, 2011
This is a good initiative. smiley smiley smiley smiley
I am game. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by araba1(m): 8:18am On Dec 08, 2011
am in interested
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2011
Bump.

Unless we'd check out another bridge,The Obuh's were the only inhabitants of their side(near CEC construction company truckyard) of Cele Under bridge.

I also don't support donating to NGO's.Most of the funds don't get to the people its meant for.Even the most careful and honest of NGO's still report cases of fund misappropriation.Been working with littel saints Orphange for almost 7 years now,careful as the founder and exco are,we still have cases of nannies etc misbahving and little saints is one of the most credible Orphanges around this parts,existed for 13 years now with some of their children already graduates and working.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.