Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53504 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by oludashmi(f): 9:13am On Dec 08, 2011
@r231
This is a good idea
But I am suggesting alj harem, does he fit into the criteria, I think he should be considered among the 3 remaining pple. . .but that is if he likes to.
Just my opinion smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by baroong: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2011
r231:

Guys,

We have 3 positions left

the criteria for these positions are -

Notes:
- 5, 6 and 7 must be Nigeria-based
- Not to be sexiest but must be at least 2 females and a guy
- Must be able to donate some of their precious time to go out and investigate cases
- To physically confirm and lead projects; must be in Nigeria, ready to devote time for the exercises
[b]- Must be a regular poster on Nairaland NOT once a week poster

- Member since at least 2007 as there will be a lot money involved

r231, being a regular poster shouldn't be a criteria. some people are die hard Nairaland memebers.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2011
I am interested and would like to find out how I can get my contribution across.I also visit Nigeria yearly and wish to be part of any physical assistance like cleaning,washing,mentoring and any physical job that may be assigned to me each time I am in Nigeria by the Coordinating team.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by toluxa1(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2011
Lol, die hard nairaland member that doesnt post?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 08, 2011
Thanks OAM4OMOGE cool whatever you decide is fine by me.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by AZeD1(m): 10:48am On Dec 08, 2011
I'm in,
Just a floor member grin grin grin

By the way i'd prefer something similar to the obuh's an in i'd rather we help someone totally than 10 people half way
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by crackhouse(m): 11:00am On Dec 08, 2011
The project is a nice one and in a way, it can also bring unity among nairalanders and Nigeria in general. Let it be one of the good things that comes out from the internet. Won't it be nice to have an office? So that people can have confidence in the project and also make enquiry any time they wish to. It will also help nairalanders to know the EXCOs in person instead of knowing them by their username only. Count me in, i am ready to play along.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Afam4eva(m): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2011
Please i suggest that the money that was contributed for Mr Obuh be given to him down to the last penny. It should not be rolled over to this new course of charity.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Innocent3: 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2011
Well, this is a good initiative. Pls do update us about it as it progress!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by golamike: 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2011
Nice concept. I am in!!!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by hydee0k(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2011
oludashmi:

@r231
This is a good idea
But I am suggesting alj harem, does he fit into the criteria, I think he should be considered among the 3 remaining pple. . .but that is if he likes to.
Just my opinion smiley

Count me in as the coordinator,

I think i fit in on the above criteria,
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by 4real(m): 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2011
Da Doctor your reply is the mean reason why we dont have people helping out in charity works, i tried to start one two years ago to raise money for charity houses but all i heard was what was there share of the money, even so called big stars who i would mention there names when the time is right where asking for money, if you want to help do if na hunger they catch you say so and we will place you on the list of people who would need help, in the uk alone they riase at least over 500,000,000 yearly for charity, that is why our nation would never move forward because we dont give, a begger would never ever get bigger then the giver until he or she turns to a giver if you cant give your money give your time if you cant give any shout the Bleep up
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by DaDoctor: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
4real:

Da Doctor your reply is the mean reason why we dont have people helping out in charity works, i tried to start one two years ago to raise money for charity houses but all i heard was what was there share of the money, even so called big stars who i would mention there names when the time is right where asking for money, if you want to help do if na hunger they catch you say so and we will place you on the list of people who would need help, in the uk alone they riase at least over 500,000,000 yearly for charity, that is why our nation would never move forward because we dont give, a begger would never ever get bigger then the giver until he or she turns to a giver if you cant give your money give your time if you cant give any shout the bleep up

And fuuny enough u cant do nothing about it bro. we have established charity houses. must we prostitutionlise the venture as the churches appear?
how do we know which is genuine especially in a site where people are all pseudo.

anyway ,that is just my opinion.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by 4real(m): 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2011
@Da Doctor i understand what your trying to say as i myself was almost duped by someone from this site and infact got a mail from someone from this site who is asking to date me lol, but that should not stop us from doing what must be done we only just have to make sure that checks are in place so that one person does not think he or she can run away with the money
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2011
@Afam4ever and Radiant,I understand where you guys are coming from in regards to giving Mr Obuh every dime raised for him but i've got to say this:

As it is now,the Obuh's family is good to go and have everything they need to make a success out of their lives.What happens or would it amount to anything to hand them raw cash and watch them mis-manage it?We have not washed our hands off them,we'd be monitoring them and ready to offer them the big brother lending hands when needed in future.We can't baby feed the Obuhs forever,it won't even help them,now is the time for Monday to rise as a man and take care of his family,that way he'd learn to be responsible.

I still suggest that we look for another family/individual that we can help build.The challenge has been thrown open(not for NGO'S) to every nlder to bring forward any geniue case of someone/family that are in dire need.Rather than keeping money(the bal from the Obuh's) we can as well help uplift another family.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2011
^^
But i still think that every penny raised relating to Mr Obuh and his family be kept somewhere while we watch for the next few months as earlier said. They 're expecting a baby soon, they will need to be prepared. They just started with the biz, and they might not be having a good turnover at this early stage. I still see a need for this family to be enhanced with the money that was reaised with their names.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by menek(m): 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2011
May the Lord God continue to bless all of u. You guys lifted me up and now I can see the front. My conscience wil blame me, if I see a needy person tomorrow and turn my back. I can feature in a little way by helping in confirming/verifying cases that falls within PH environs. I believe my case, encouragement and testimonies will charge anyone up. Good project, keep it up
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Jarus(m): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
We are not totally thru yet the Obuhs. We are monitoring them. If need be -and most likely there will be, at least during childbirth - we will give them further financial assistance.

I'm personally not inclined to partnering with NGOs, but the house feels so, so be it.

I'm more for direct, easily verifiable and perhaps critical cases like the Obuhs.

I also don't see the need for us to rush. If we can't get any other case again this year, no problems.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2011
Which house is insisting on a partnership with an NGO? Lailai, that wont work!!! NGOs are the ones I partner with or would these ones be imported from Rwanda? If we decide to partner with an NGO, you are forced to adhere to instituted rules and move at their pace. If you want the job done, get a team and hop into the field. A partnership with any NGO is a no no for moi!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2011
First of all, the issue of partnering with an NGO should be waved aside. It's always messy. Let us just do things OUR own way. We've done very well so far. NGO's have enough sponsors.

ifyalways:

@Afam4ever and Radiant,I understand where you guys are coming from in regards to giving Mr Obuh every dime raised for him but i've got to say this:

As it is now,the Obuh's family is good to go and have everything they need to make a success out of their lives.What happens or would it amount to anything to hand them raw cash and watch them mis-manage it?We have not washed our hands off them,we'd be monitoring them and ready to offer them the big brother lending hands when needed in future.We can't baby feed the Obuhs forever,it won't even help them,now is the time for Monday to rise as a man and take care of his family,that way he'd learn to be responsible.

I still suggest that we look for another family/individual that we can help build.The challenge has been thrown open(not for NGO'S) to every nlder to bring forward any geniue case of someone/family that are in dire need.Rather than keeping money(the bal from the Obuh's) we can as well help uplift another family.

In other words, the Obuhs are made already? Why didn't we set a target amount and once we hit it tell people to stop donating? We kept welcoming donations for the Obuhs and now you say we keep their money for when again? There's nothing like helping in the future. They need all that money donated. Not because they have a roof over their head and a shop then ohh they're sorted. This is a family not just one person. The new baby is coming, you said the lady can't do much 'cause of her hearing issues. So it means that the shop is their only source of income.(As it is now) They need to sort out other issue that we probably don't know about. May be they're even owing people money. Or you think it's only the pure water business that kept them alive for 2 years? And many other problems and even health issues we know nothing about.

We are not spoiling them if that's what you're thinking. It's God's favour on them. People have been touched by their story and donated money. You can't decide to keep their money. It is their money either you agree or not. It's almost beginning to look like scam. You ask people to donate towards one thing and then you turn around and tell them you'll use the money for another? I don't think this will encourage people to give in the future.
It's always good to set targets and once target is met to stop. You shouldn't welcome more donations for one thing and don't use it at the end of the day.

I don't understand what you guys mean by "monitoring" them. Like if they don't do well what will do We've done our bit. What they decide to do is totally up to them. We can only wish them the best.

Menek, wasn't "monitored". Yet he's doing well enough today to join in helping this family.

It's their blessing please. Let's give them their money. This is how God embarrasses us with blessings. This is their testimony.

My 2p as usual. If you guys think otherwise, good luck.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2011
Radiant:

First of all, the issue of partnering with an NGO should be waved aside. It's always messy. Let us just do things OUR own way. We've done very well so far. NGO's have enough sponsors.

In other words, the Obuhs are made already? Why didn't we set a target amount and once we hit it tell people to stop donating? We kept welcoming donations for the Obuhs and now you say we keep their money for when again? There's nothing like helping in the future. They need all that money donated. Not because they have a roof over their head and a shop then ohh they're sorted. This is a family not just one person. The new baby is coming, you said the lady can't do much 'cause of her hearing issues. So it means that the shop is their only source of income.(As it is now) They need to sort out other issue that we probably don't know about. May be they're even owing people money. Or you think it's only the pure water business that kept them alive for 2 years? And many other problems and even health issues we know nothing about.

We are not spoiling them if that's what you're thinking. It's God's favour on them. People have been touched by their story and donated money. You can't decide to keep their money. It is their money either you agree or not. It's almost beginning to look like scam. You ask people to donate towards one thing and then you turn around and tell them you'll use the money for another? I don't think this will encourage people to give in the future.
It's always good to set targets and once target is met to stop. You shouldn't welcome more donations for one thing and don't use it at the end of the day.

I don't understand what you guys mean by "monitoring" them. Like if they don't do well what will do We've done our bit. What they decide to do is totally up to them. We can only wish them the best.

Menek, wasn't "monitored". Yet he's doing well enough today to join in helping this family.

It's their blessing please. Let's give them their money. This is how God embarrasses us with blessings. This is their testimony.

Well said

I still think all the money be given to the Obuh family. They're not kids. They'll know how to use the money. Afterall it's theirs. let's not cause unnecessary confusion.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
Radiant:

I don't understand what you guys mean by "monitoring" them. Like if they don't do well what will do  We've done our bit. What they decide to do is totally up to them. We can only wish them the best.

I take exception to your choice of word in the in the bold. But we shall let it pass.

Thanks for all the issues you raised. They are well noted and the team is working on them.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
Moving Forward.

We have decided to raise field workers/volunteers as the need arise for each and every project.

But this 10 man working committee shall be managing the affairs of this organisation and all the projects.

1. R231 --------- Coordinator
2. RONKEBP
3. IFYALWAYS
4. OAM4J ---------- Ast. Coordinator
5. JAYBEE
6. JARUS -------- Accountant
7. YAMAKUZA ---------------- Secretary
8. FREIBURGER
9. OLOWOTEE
10. CHAIRCOVER

Again I want to ask: If anyone has any reason or reasons why any of the above cannot be trusted, let him speak now or for ever hold his/her peace.

We need to conclude on the name of this charity organisation. Can we have suggestions please?

Also anyone is free to bring to our attention any situation requiring the support of this organisation, we will take as much as we can in a year but one at a time.

Please all the committee members above should please send an email (preferable yahoo mail) to nairalandcharity@gmail.com . We are trying to set up an effective means of communication.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2011
afam4eva:

Well said

I still think all the money be given to the Obuh family. They're not kids. They'll know how to use the money. Afterall it's theirs. let's not cause unnecessary confusion.
Most if not everybody who contributed money to help the family of Mr Obuh doesnt know him, cant pick him out from the crowd. People who contributed did so because there was a need and they believed they could jointly help accomplish that need. Fine. As it stands now, Mr Obuh and his family cannot be named again as 'needy in the society'. Thanks to the joint effort. Having laid this foundation, I think it would be unwise to give that family all the money collected,it would be more useful if we are able to set up another needy family who least expected it, that way, Mr Obuh would have even contributed to the rising of another family. What we are all against is giving it to someone who doesnt need it, but if we can restore another family with the exceess from the Obuh's, I dont think anything is wrong with it.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2011
Stop making it seem like there's something Odunnu would gain from giving or not giving it all to Mr Obuh.
We raised money for a poor Mr Obuh, that Mr Obuh is very comfortable, maybe more comfortable than some who dropped their naira. Nothing in the book says you cant use the excess fund to help another genuine guy who is in helplessly in need
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2011
Odunnu:

Most if not everybody who contributed money to help the family of Mr Obuh doesnt know him, cant pick him out from the crowd. People who contributed did so because there was a need and they believed they could jointly help accomplish that need. Fine. As it stands now, Mr Obuh and his family cannot be named again as 'needy in the society'. Thanks to the joint effort. Having laid this foundation, I think it would be unwise to give that family all the money collected,it would be more useful if we are able to set up another needy family who least expected it, that way, Mr Obuh would have even contributed to the rising of another family. What we are all against is giving it to someone who doesnt need it, but if we can restore another family with the exceess from the Obuh's, I dont think anything is wrong with it.

afam4eva:

Just give him all the money that was contributed for him. is it too much to ask. I don't know why Nigerians don't like doing the right things. The money was contributed for Mr A right? Then give it to Mr A.

Odunnu:

Stop making it seem like there's something Odunnu would gain from giving or not giving it all to Mr Obuh.
We raised money for a poor Mr Obuh, that Mr Obuh is very comfortable, maybe more comfortable than some who dropped their naira. Nothing in the book says you cant use the excess fund to help another genuine guy who is in helplessly in need

Thank you people. We don't want to be distracted from the main focus, so let us rest the matter on how we should handle the balance and allow the committee to take care of all the concerns raised.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Afam4eva(m): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2011
Odunnu:

I'm sorry. I understand he situation on ground.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2011
OAM4J:

Moving Forward.

We have decided to raise field workers/volunteers as the need arise for each and every project.

But this 10 man working committee shall be managing the affairs of this organisation and all the projects.

1. R231 --------- Coordinator
2. RONKEBP
3. IFYALWAYS
4. OAM4J ---------- Ast. Coordinator
5. JAYBEE
6. JARUS -------- Accountant
7. YAMAKUZA ---------------- Secretary
8. FREIBURGER
9. OLOWOTEE
10. CHAIRCOVER

Again I want to ask: If anyone has any reason or reasons why any of the above cannot be trusted, let him speak now or for ever hold his/her peace.

We need to conclude on the name of this charity organisation. Can we have suggestions please?

Also anyone is free to bring to our attention any situation requiring the support of this organisation, we will take as much as we can in a year but one at a time.

Please all the committee members above should please send an email (preferable yahoo mail) to nairalandcharity@gmail.com . We are trying to set up an effective means of communication.
i heard you mentioned Odunu the last time, but i can't find her name on the list. Is she no longer interested in in working with the committee?
Can someone help me with an answer?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2011
Freiburger:

i heard you mentioned Odunu the last time, but i can't find her name on the list. Is she no longer interested in in working with the committee?
Can someone help me with an answer?

She said she would not want to take an active role. Check the post below.

Odunnu:

Permit me to be among the council of elders here,lol, more like a nominal partner reason being that I have a lot of charity organisations and NGOs my man and I are already indebted to. Taking up an active role here might be a conflict of interests. Dunno if I made sense with this excuse

We understand her position and granted her request.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2011
I see.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2011
So i guess we set the ball rolling by establishing a stable contact through the e-mail address given above. so we all can be informed on we are are to start or continue from.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by MrsChima1(f): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2011
Before my post was rudely deleted, I have stated that my husband and I made communication with our contacts in Lagos and UK to provide some things to the couple.

We have several people on board that are going to Nigeria for the holidays and will make contributions to the family.

Delete this post and we are fighting MODERATORS! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.