Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes (28219 Views)

Obi: ₦‎1.5Bn For First Lady Unconstitutional, Her Job Is To Care For Her Husband / FG Budgets ₦5bn For Presidential Yacht / Indimi Slams Reno Omokri Over Comment On Otedola Donating 5bn For Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by chopnaira: 3:53pm On Mar 15
iyke2frankeze:
That is effort Tinubu is putting up to build Nigeria the way he built Lagos..Tufiakwa!
So Tinubu is the Senate and HOR that has members from PDP, APC, LP and NNPP? The problem with Nigerians especially like yourself is that you all focus on the presidency while you let the legislative arm of government at both federal and state level including the governors loot your state blind.

Do you even know the name and have the contact of your Senator or Representative? You should be dragging them for allowing such legislation pass.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by benjaminlawson(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15
The problem is not the expensive quoted prices, the borehole in most cases will not even being a liter of water. I have one in our community that did not bring any water till date, and these people will claim they love their constituent that voted them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by annford: 3:54pm On Mar 15
Gadafii:
you be mumv, is that the point here

Attacking the messenger instead of the message, nobody actually gives a Bleep if it’s the senate or the National Assembly.. 193 million for a single borehole that won’t cost above 15 million in worst scenario, you are there spewing nonsense

Nonsense
Did you type N15 Million? Sir, I spent a little of 900k to get a borehole last month in Abuja. Even with the stones and rocks in the ground, I spent less than a Million to get it done from start to finish. Nigeria is a big joke. Abokis would gladly charge you 350-500k to get it done, depending on the location and soil structure.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Stevengold(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15
Even with the glaring looting, no plan for the youths or civil servants.

Na traditional rulers dey their mind.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Akalia(m): 3:56pm On Mar 15
copyrites:
Nigerians ooo. 🤣🤣🤣

Just look at the way a few hardened criminals (less than 1,000 people) are toying with your lives and that of your generations unborn 🤣🤣🤣

Nothing beats watching many of you fight yourselves over tribalism and ethnicity from abroad while these radical political vagabonds deal with you all codedly. 🤣

To come back home and rule Nigerians will be too sweet 🤣
Common Nigerians are clueless as to how to go about bringing these ruling class crooks to accountability.
So don't just seat in far away Diaspora blowing the whistle. Question to you is-do you actually have any ideas as to how to go about it?
Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by SuperOnyi: 3:56pm On Mar 15
Hassanmaye:

You are a bad guy. Our Time Will come we go loot this country I swear

shocked

I'm proudly unpatriotic and for those of you hating people who want nothing to do with Nigeria, I hope y'all can see comments like the one I quoted? This is the mindset of an average Nigerian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by crisubanijunior(m): 3:57pm On Mar 15
…the worst thing to happen to anyone right now is been born as a Nigerian🇳🇬

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by mosegifted: 3:57pm On Mar 15
Exousiang01:
The budget was approved at a joint session of the national assembly no the Senate.
It's so bad now that a Nigerian youth doesn't know the process of approving a budget?
You dont know it's not the Senate but the National Assembly?
The level of ignorance displayed by Nigerian youths is alarming.

My friend shut that your gutter mouth up

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by nedekid: 3:58pm On Mar 15
Love56743:

Me I'm even planning to come back to Nigeria, because Indians are treating us like Pieces of rag, Igbo boys have sold us to India police once observe you have a vry successful business they would use police to set you up, you go just dey house police go come burst you asking you to pay like 10 lac after negotiation, maybe they would collect like 6 lac from you, then those snitch we collect like 5 lac from police and share it among themselves
Pardon my asking, what kind of successful business can a Nigerian have in India? Cos I read from the news that it is basically shaddy business our people are engaged in over there.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by shegzee43: 3:59pm On Mar 15
Exousiang01:
The budget was approved at a joint session of the national assembly no the Senate.
It's so bad now that a Nigerian youth doesn't know the process of approving a budget?

Who is demonstrating ignorance here? Is it not the one that digresses totally from the crux of the argument? You just demonstrated the typical nature of our politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by mightyhazel: 4:00pm On Mar 15
Borehole of 700k

Street lights 350k

At least I did both this year at the hometown..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Brushstrokes20: 4:01pm On Mar 15
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it!
Nig is being ruled by a notorious bunch of avaricious, bold faced, CHRONIC, INSATIABLE, unrepentant, self serving THIEVES! 💯💯
A stitch in time saves nine!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by ubimagos: 4:01pm On Mar 15
Ikinternational:

Jesus Christ this is not the point you idiot.

Gotdamn I wish I can slap you back into reality

You APChit folks keep doing this diversion n deflection as if you're talking to kids. Foh

Bad as this is, the budget was deliberated upon by APC, APGA, LP, NNPP and PDP yet the whole political parties in the country agreed to sink 1 borehole for N193M, we should join hands to call them out rather than making it APC thing. I can not imagine corruption of this magnitude happening in a country where common man can not confidently walk to a mart to buy a carton of noodles.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by sniperr007(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15
Bankowner:
Nigeria is blessed!
I can't say any more than this.
Otherwise, how can you describe the way money is being shared, yet the purse is not empty?

Na borrow them dey borrow oh

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Love56743: 4:02pm On Mar 15
nedekid:

Pardon my asking, what kind of successful business can a Nigerian have in India? Cos I read from the news that it is basically shaddy business our people are engaged in over there.

Importing and exporting clothes and shoes and Africa foods etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by ApostlePaul14: 4:03pm On Mar 15
Even traditional rulers now need empowerment, I thought they are suppose to empower their subordinates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Raylight2(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15
The hearts of my people have been hardened . This is horrible and terrible. Is the president seeing all these?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by MrDoGood(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15
And the youth are laughing.

I was complaining the other time, a lot of people came attacking me and defending the government

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by SIRAO(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15
Gadafii:

Attacking the messenger instead of the message, nobody actually gives a Bleep if it’s the senate or the National Assembly.. 193 million for a single borehole that won’t cost above 15 million in worst scenario, you are there spewing nonsense

Nonsense

Most illiterates thinks that borehole is the type we commonly have in our houses, not known that it is community type that can serve hundreds of people at a type,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by RexTramadol1: 4:08pm On Mar 15
People ought to March to the homes of every single one of them and start lynching at this point.

At a time of hardship like this, they are still bent on siphoning funds.

Which kind representatives are these?

They should stop them from handling whatever projects through the constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by CakesToolsOvens(f): 4:10pm On Mar 15
Just imagine 😳😳😳😳

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by kindmman(m): 4:11pm On Mar 15
Exousiang01:
Level of ignorance displayed by Nigerian youths or level of callousness displayed by people like you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by t2luv1: 4:12pm On Mar 15
Golan007:
If you don't know anything about borehole construction just shut da f.uck up.

Okay your highness I have no clue regarding boreholes. kindly educate me all I know is it ain't costing N193m unless you still believe in some angles in the sky

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by CSTRR: 4:16pm On Mar 15
They are eating your future, and that of your great grandchildren at once.

But let us all be glad.
Obi will never be president.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by ShootThemAll(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15
Gadafii:

Nonsense

You have time to reply one of Thiefnubuuu's the drug lord, the certificate forger, APC, Stockholm syndrome, 50k per month social media rats.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Geovanni412(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15
Love56743:

Me I'm even planning to come back to Nigeria, because Indians are treating us like Pieces of rag, Igbo boys have sold us to India police once observe you have a vry successful business they would use police to set you up, you go just dey house police go come burst you asking you to pay like 10 lac after negotiation, maybe they would collect like 6 lac from you, then those snitch we collect like 5 lac from police and share it among themselves

Nothing is new

Igbo men snitched on their own brothers in 1970's to camerounian police looking for contraband

Then went behind and sold off the goods.

Just be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Love56743: 4:18pm On Mar 15
Geovanni412:

Nothing is new

Igbo men snitched on their own brothers in 1970's to camerounian police looking for contraband

Then went behind and sold off the goods.

Just be careful.

Igbos boys are the worst snitched, they can do anything to make money especially in abroad

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by CSTRR: 4:18pm On Mar 15
SIRAO:

Most illiterates thinks that borehole is the type we commonly have in our houses, not known that it is community type that can serve hundreds of people at a type,
If I call you what you truly are, nairaland would ban me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Topmaike007(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15
Golan007:
If you don't know anything about borehole construction just shut da f.uck up.
borehole wey I do for my house wey no reach 3 million Naira with the full package..now for a whole community that will carry 4 big gallons at most It is not expected for it to be more than 25million Naira at most then if it will be powered by solar then with a good lithium battery, inverter, Charger controller and solar Panels and the full kits it should not be more than 15 million Naira for 10kva..so why 193 million naira?? ABI you follow for the sharing formula?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by tuzle(m): 4:19pm On Mar 15
Babalegba:
You are hilariously ignorant. The issue at hand is our treasury being in the care of robbers and you are talking of mundane rubbish saying that the budget was passed by thieves is not right but that thieves passed the subject is right
We don't want your education,what we want is for the lawlessness and impunity to stop.
I am very sure this is an alt account by this guy. In the other topic about street light I am very sure he is the one with the user name aribisala because I don't know how someone is trying to make sense from this nonsense. Okay it is joint budget making something, how does that stop the fact that there was massive corruption in it and none of them caller the attention to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes by Freebills12: 4:19pm On Mar 15
[color=#000099][/color]
Exousiang01:

It is not an argument.
I am educating you.
As you obviously don't know how a budget is passed.
If you like learn, if you like don't learn and go on saying the "senate" did this and that.

Mr. Knowledge were the senators not a party to the passage of that abnormality called budget? Is Akpabio not the chairman of Nigeria National Assembly? Stop that rubbish. Its obvious that you are one of moles...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters / Fayose Buys And Shares Bananas To Kids In Ekiti (photos) / Buratai Looks Corporate As Okorocha Hosts Him & Others To State Dinner In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.