Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') (21725 Views)

Poll: Are you happy about Mourinho's sacking/''resignation'?

Yes!: 21% (25 votes)
No.: 78% (92 votes)
This poll has ended

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Jose Mourinho To Leave Real Madrid By Mutual Consent / Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by tkb417(m): 9:00am On Sep 22, 2007
hey,thank GOD the man that has big mouth and has the stupid policy of spending and wasting a lot of money to achieve results and there by over pricing the players in the transfer market has finally left England,i believe a good coach should be able to achieve the best result with the available and a not too expensive squad filled with the acclaimed WORLD BIG NAMES,so i am reallly happy the ass hole is gone,GUNNERS TILL AM SIX FEET UNDERGROUND

i dont seem to agree with those writing these negative things about Maurinho. Im a United fan and ill like us to be objective in what we are posting.

FACTS about  José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix[/b]Mourinho won four consecutive league titles (two at Porto and two at Chelsea) and also the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Cup with Porto. For two consecutive years (2004 and 2005), Mourinho was named the world's best football coach by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS).

[b]Quotes from SAF

"He was terrific for football and terrific for Chelsea.
"He brought something fresh and new to our game and I enjoyed the competition with him. I wish him well."
[b]Quotes from Wen[/b]ger
"He arrived when Chelsea were on the way up, they had a good side already and he did something more and made them winners,"  
"He deserves a lot of credit for that because it is never easy to win and in England it is maybe more difficult.
"We didn't get on the best but recently it has become better. That does not hide the fact I respected what he did and the quality of his work.

Mourinho was a great coach when he was at Chelsea. I didnt like him just because of the relative ease at which he took the shine off SAF and Wenger when he came but not because he wasnt a good coach. Hes one of the best coach in the world
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Abdblues(m): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2007
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Abdblues(m): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2007
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by ayusman16(m): 11:14am On Sep 22, 2007
The guy was simply scared of the defeat to be handed to him, i tend to agree dat given 200 pounds to spend on players, even a novice would perform, d guy was simply scared to face defeat dat all, even if am gonna miss his controversial character, he's still a loudmouthed son-of-a-gun. lets c how he's gonna perform wit anoda club?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by atiku07(m): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2007
WELL I WILL SAY SOMETHING NOW, IT WAS REALLY SAD JOSE GOT TO LEAVE THE CLUB AT THIS CRUCIAL MOMENTS. BUT NEWAYS HE HAS BEEN A VERY TRUE WARRIOR AND ONE OF THE MASTERS OF THE GAME AND THIS WAS CONFIRMED BELOW BY ARSENE WENGER.

QUOTES:

"It is basically sad because I feel Mourinho is a manager of quality," said the Frenchman.

"I am a great believer in technical stability and therefore I don't think it is good news for football.

"We didn't get on the best but recently it has become better. That does not hide the fact I respected what he did and the quality of his work.

"Of course he is a great manager. He arrived when Chelsea were on the way up - they had a good side already and he did something more and made them winners.

"He deserves a lot of credit for that because it is never easy to win and in England it is maybe more difficult.

"I thought for a while, when he extended his contract, he was on the same way of thinking as I or Sir Alex Ferguson, where we try to impart something over a longer period at the club."

WELL THAT IS THE QUOTES FROM ONE OF THE MASTERS OF THE GAME ARSENE WENGER. AND U CAN FIND A LINK TO THE QUOTES BELOW ASWELL

HISTORY WILL NEVER FORGET JOSE MOURINHO CONTRIBUTION IN ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP AND CHELSEA. " MOURINHO GAVE ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP A SOLID BASE AND CLASS WITH HIS MOUTH AND MIND GAMES. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY JOSE.

@Abdblues

THAT IS A VERY NICE TRIBUTES IT MAKES ME REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF MY DEAR JOSE.

[url][/url]http://www.4thegame.com/club/arsenal-fc/news/208292/wenger_hails_quality_jose.html

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2007
shocked are you guys still on Maureen grin grin

he's gone

next would be Drogba, Malouda, fat frank, Essien and the rest grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by jejelolatu(f): 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2007
mukina2:

shocked are you guys still on Maureen grin grin

he's gone

next would be Drogba, Malouda, fat frank, Essien and the rest grin

tell them oooooooooo,i wonder why they finding it hard to understand that,its not even hard to imagine sef,

the only person that might be happy to stay would probably be joe cole maybe he will get a first team shirt now.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by DebbyD1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2007
Mourinho wasn't sacked, he left Chelsea on a mutual agreement with the club. Chelsea will always miss him and English football too will miss the wonderful portugese.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by ayusman16(m): 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2007
If rich man steal dem go say na embezzlement or misappropriation of funds, if rich man pickin steal dem go say na kleptomania, if a loudmouthed coach who's scared to face defeat despite performin poorly gets sacked dem go say na he parted on mutual agreement, hmmm. dis english language na wahala ooo grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2007
Jose forever

@Somze

Why are you suprised about Debo's comment? Why?

JM is lucky? Lucky ko! Lucky ni!!

Whether the handful respect him or not, his name is written in gold.

One of his greatest critics here dont even know anything about him beside Chelsea and Porto. Some even says he has no coaching license grin

[size=14pt]Dont be suprised if in 2 months time, they say he discover or Mould Galas and Diarra[/size]
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2007
@ Akolawole,

Debosky was right.
Jose Mourinho was a lucky bastard who came to reap where he didnt sow.
The spine of Chelsea was already fashioned out by Ranieri.
CECH-TERRY-MAKELELE-LAMPARD-GUDJOHNSEN.
Jose came in and change Gudjohnsen with DROGBA and they won titles.

Let it be known that there were other players in Robben, Joe Cole and Damien Duff(Ranieri's imports)
Ranieri took Chelsea to the 2nd spot in the league and lost narrowly in the S/finals of UEFA . . . .How is that different to Jose's record last season?
The tinkerman defeated the UNBEATEN TEAM of ARSENAL at Highbury in the Q-finals . . . That was an achievement on its own.
Claudio was cut-short and any manager joining Chelsea when Mourinho did couldn't have performed less than Jose with the unlimited funds.
Lets compare Mourinho's buys to Ranieri's and evaluate which group is better.
Mourinho was a brilliant chap but part of his success came as a result of pure luck.
LET HIM BUILD/MOULD HIS OWN TEAM before he can be mentioned in the same breath as FERGIE/WENGER and RIJKAARD.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Filiz(m): 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2007
i beg una,
Jose is the special one indeed, and the best coach in the world.
God help chelsea out.[/color][color=#990000].
he parted chelsea by mutual consent.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by marlet01(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2007
Just saw the Grant interview on football focus. The guy is so far away from Mourinho its unbelivable. I will be suprised if he lasts until Christmas. What has he won? What are his qualifications? Experiences? He looked shy in that interview, the complete opposite of Mourinho. The players wont respect him and as a result Chelsea will struggle. He is prob as far away you can get from Mourinho in every sense.

I really beleive Mourinho will be Inter manager within the next 6 months.

Very revealing comments from Mourinho " I am not interested in Chelsea at all now. Not at all. Chelsea is a period that's finished and I take great memories". " In ten years the fans will still love me ".

These words sum him up and also reveal what Chelsea has become. It's all a big ego trip for Jose and he's got to be the centre of attention. How will Chelsea fans feel reading that? Their greatest ever manager feels nothing for the club. Talk about insensitive. Any manager with any class leaving a "big" club would say that the Club is more important than any individual and that Chelsea or whoever will go on without them.

You'll never hear Arsène say he's not interested in Arsenal. Firstly, he has class and humility and he would respect the fans love of the club and secondly, he'll always have Arsenal in his heart because Arsenal has a history, a tradition and a soul. Chelsea have become Abramovich's plaything, nothing more.

cool cool cool cool
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by tkb417(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2007
One of his greatest critics here don't even know anything about him beside Chelsea and Porto. Some even says he has no coaching licens
The highpoints of Mourinho's career were at Porto and Chelsea. I hope you werent talking about his engagements as a backroom staff/translator to Sir Bobby Robson and Van gaal. or his spell at Benfica where he only played nine games?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Mustay(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2007
ayusman16:

If rich man steal them go say na embezzlement or misappropriation of funds, if rich man pickin steal them go say na kleptomania, if a loudmouthed coach who's scared to face defeat despite performin poorly gets sacked them go say na he parted on mutual agreement, hmmm. this english language na wahala ooo grin grin grin

In the Court of Public Opinion, he was sacked (even if they tell em a 100 times it was mutual agreement).

to vindicate that, REMEMBER there were rumours JM 'll be sacked last year?
Instead, he 'managed' that situation (smart man) and extended his contract. HE still coped with AB's rants, won the Carling cup etc and waited for the wahala to get to this level

to me, hez a very SMART man. He tends to gain about 25million pounds.n AB is ready to waste his money and if a party in a contract faults, the other party gets compensated. Chikena!
[size=28pt]
You can all say JM was forced to resign by AB and a condition which I suspect Was in the agreement is that: JM won't resign TO Coach another English Club 4  the time being[/size] cool
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2007
Mustapha

are you still crying? tongue grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Mustay(m): 12:15am On Sep 23, 2007
bad belle
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Abium: 2:28am On Sep 23, 2007
There is no big deal that Jose left the club. I think he did that to suit his own coaching job. So this goes to all Blues fans: Keep ur mouth shut grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 1:59am On Sep 24, 2007
marlet01:

You'll never hear Arsène say he's not interested in Arsenal. Firstly, he has class and humility and he would respect the fans love of the club and secondly, he'll always have Arsenal in his heart because Arsenal has a history, a tradition and a soul.

Dont ever say Never about any individual. Mr wenger is still in Arsenal so there's no basis for comparison.

1) Who believed Wenger could be a Boxer last season? [In upton park & Spurs game]?

2) Who ever Believe Rijkaard will be questioning the referee being a gentle man?

3) Who ever believe Scholari would ever behaved like that?

JM was just playing politics. It pained him that he left Chelsea now. He believes it is an unfinished project. He didnt want Fans to be mentioning his name again in order to remove unnecessary pressure on Gentle Giant Grant
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 2:44am On Sep 24, 2007
And the quotes continue,

1) Captain Geremi
His going was a big shock to me. no one was expecting it, especially at this time of the season. He would put his harm inthe fire to defend his players. He could not hide his feelings.They were very real because we were like a family.He put his whole heart into chelsea. He loved the club and you could see it on his face at every game. If he leaves this country though English football is going to miss him. He was a special one.

2) Stephen Hunt( Reading FC)
He is a character and has been great for the league. I actually am quite gutted

3) Ricardo Cavaliho
For me there is no doubt,Jose Mourinho is the best coach in the world and i cannot believe we have lost him. I never thought he would leave Chelsea without finishing his work,without achieving everything everything he wanted to.

I will launch a short quiz for JM later today
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Mustay(m): 5:50am On Sep 24, 2007
the importance of people are known when they're no more
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by soulonfire(f): 6:56am On Sep 24, 2007
we should not4get that the blues play football from the heart!! Playing and winning became more than the goals but the viktory became a part of our lives, mor like needing it to move on!!

JM, coached the team to play wif thier hearts, thats y he the players took his leave personal, cos playing had become personal.

It takes more than technicality, to achieve that, it takes more than the rules of the game to achieve that, IT TAKES A MAN WIF PASSION TO INSTILL PASSION IN ANOTHER MAN!! JM HAD THAT PASSION AND THE BLUES WORLD OVA BOUGHT INTO IT, GLADLY!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mendax: 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2007
may be manutd wouldnt have "dazed" da blues if jose was stil lurkin around grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Hugoboi(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2007
may be manutd wouldnt have "dazed" da blues if jose was stil lurkin around

We would hav stil 'dazed' 'em.Only if JM was around,it woud have been a bit more theatrical. grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by A40(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2007
I am not saying Mourinho is the best coach in the world but without him those guys would really struggle.They would go back to the average Joe's they where before Mourinho came along you guys make me laugh when you say Mourinho stole on Ranieri's plan? what freaking plan which teams have Ranieri coached since he left chelsea what has he achieved with them or was Mourinho on a billion pound budget when he won the Uefa cup and Champions league at Porto too? Let them sign Ranieri now and we would see if they even make Uefa cup with these same set of players
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by A40(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2007
@marlet
You made a good point
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Mustay(m): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2007
i thot ranieri had gotten a job already
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by lekemarcus: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2007
i love 'the special one's courage of leaving stamford bridge for AB b4 the guy will make him to loose respect from his colleagueshe is truly a 'special one'
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by oshomzy(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2007
can some one tell these CHELSEA (DRUNKS) FANS to learn to accept the fact that [i][/i]WHATEVER GOES UP MUST SURELY COME DOWN. thiis is the time for u guys to feel how it is to face R E L E G A T I O N.

Please learn to accept defeat and stop blabbering around.

I will advise that u guy to buckle up to avoid even DERBY COUNTY beating you guys 3-0

it pays to be a gunner!

CHEERS
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by medube(m): 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2007
oshomzy:

can some one tell these CHELSEA (DRUNKS) FANS to learn to accept the fact that [i][/i]WHATEVER GOES UP MUST SURELY COME DOWN. thiis is the time for u guys to feel how it is to face R E L E G A T I O N.

Please learn to accept defeat and stop blabbering around.

I will advise that u guy to buckle up to avoid even DERBY COUNTY beating you guys 3-0

it pays to be a gunner!

CHEERS

Bros, either you are the drunk one or were sleeping when you typed this message because to even dream of us going to relegation, shows something is wrong. If you are a true football follower, you will know that your claim is a total impossibility, even if were playing blindly. Fair enough, bad spell at the moment, thats accepted, but to think Chelsea is going to relegation, I mean that's asking too much, don't you think?? grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by ritchboi: 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2007
premier league final standings

1.Arsenal
2.Everton
3.Portsmouth
4.Blackburn
5.Bolton
6.Newcastle
7.Astonvilla
8.Fulham
9.Middlesbrough
10.Man City
11.Wigan
12.Reading
13.Westham
14.Sunderland
15.Birmingham
16.Derby
17.Tottenham
18.Liverpool
19.Man U
20.Chelsea
lmao
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by justkunmi(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2007
and what is that list you just drew??
the dumbest clubs in heirachy??
get a life dude!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FA Cup: Southampton Vs Arsenal (0 - 5) On 28th January 2017 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 6) On 23rd October 2011 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 14th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.