Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') (21718 Views)

Poll: Are you happy about Mourinho's sacking/''resignation'?

Yes!: 21% (25 votes)
No.: 78% (92 votes)
This poll has ended

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Jose Mourinho To Leave Real Madrid By Mutual Consent / Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 1:35am On Sep 20, 2007
Who gives a hoot whether y'all rely on ma information or not.
Am i doing it for money? Blimey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am doing this to piss Chelskites off . . . . . . . . .
Mourinho was SACKED and he deserved it fair and square.
His man-management skills lately have been appaling.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by akinalabi(m): 1:37am On Sep 20, 2007
My only reservation about this is that Roman
should have done it before the season started
or waited till the end of the season.

This will surely rock Chelsea's title challenge.

No questions!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 1:37am On Sep 20, 2007
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1116424,00.html

Jackal:

Who gives a hoot whether y'all rely on ma information or not.
Am i doing it for money? Blimey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am doing this to piss Chelskites off . . . . . . . . .
Mourinho was SACKED and he deserved it fair and square.
His man-management skills lately have been appaling.

I get it now grin

Me i dey go sleep o.

All my phones will be off for the next 24 hours for i have had enough on JM talk for now.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by 9ja4eva: 1:37am On Sep 20, 2007
LOL
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by McOmo(m): 1:37am On Sep 20, 2007
Akola . . .who gives a hoot if RA decides to buy Pius Ikedia 2moro ? Any coach is meant to oblige the employer in doing his wishes ! Dont contestants vying 4 presido of R Madrid promise getting certain players ?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by sjonesali(m): 1:38am On Sep 20, 2007
whao!!! Mr special one is gone for really. I wish all you Chelsea fans a great recovery! who's next? Spurs Manager!!!!!

Gunner for life
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by bolaoni(m): 1:41am On Sep 20, 2007
This is not the news I was expecting to hear at all. Was shocked when I got it
through my RSS subscription to BBC! cry cry cry

Is this a case of no one above the law or what? embarassed

This has been coming for a while, Roman was just bidding his time and the Chelskit
average start to the season didn't help matter at all. I think RA can't just understand
why his "World Class" Army can score goals again and at the same time leaking in
willfully.

This is so sad. I'm sure the Premiership will miss JM. he added a lot of colour to the league
and at the same time brought a lot of controversies with him.

Na wa o
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 1:45am On Sep 20, 2007
@ Bolaoni,

Congrats . . . .United won against all odds.

@ MC Omo,

I agree with u 100%.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by 9ja4eva: 1:46am On Sep 20, 2007
Mc Omo:

Akola . . .who gives a hoot if RA decides to buy Pius Ikedia 2moro ? Any coach is meant to oblige the employer in doing his wishes ! Dont contestants vying 4 presido of R Madrid promise getting certain players ?

As always Chelsea fans have excuse for everything

Give Ballack,Andriy to Fergie and see how well they will play
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by bolaoni(m): 1:53am On Sep 20, 2007
Jackal,

Dunno if we should be celebrating our victory or just commiserating with the Romans.

I'm still shocked o. Damn!

Do I smell so many transfer requests coming in or players putting in half-hearted
performances? I know these guys are professionals but a strong bond exists between
these players and JM. He really meant something special to them you know.

Before meeting us they won't have acquired another coach and not sure Clarke will be in
the right frame of mind to take perfect control on that day. hmmmm

This one pass me o.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by question(m): 2:05am On Sep 20, 2007
Whether JM was sacked or he resigned,, Life goes on.
Chelsea fans and players will definitely miss him.
Hope the players dont start leaving the club also.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 2:07am On Sep 20, 2007
The transfers will come in torrents.
Drogba, Essien, Kalou and Mikel are def'ly going back to ASEC MIMOSA.

Carvalho, Hilario and Ferreira will follow Mourinho to BENFICA.
Lampard, Joe Cole and Sidwell will go to WESTHAM.

Makelele will join ARSENAL.
Cech will join Man Utd. grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Danmasani(m): 2:15am On Sep 20, 2007
Its really a sad day for all Chelsea fans but we will move on. Hopefully no one is going anywhere. He'll sort ourselves, get a new coach and rise to greater glory!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by question(m): 2:22am On Sep 20, 2007
JM saw it coming even before he joined Chelsea,

Whilst still at FC Porto, Mourinho was linked with several top European clubs, including Liverpool and Chelsea. Mourinho publicly stated his preference for the Liverpool job over the Chelsea one. He said: "Liverpool are a team that interests everyone and Chelsea does not interest me so much because it is a new project with lots of money invested in it. I think it is a project which, if the club fail to win everything, then Abramovich could retire and take the money out of the club. It's an uncertain project. It is interesting for a coach to have the money to hire quality players but you never know if a project like this will bring success."
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by bolaoni(m): 2:27am On Sep 20, 2007
But JM forgot about that when "success" started coming. He could have remembered that
when his bubble began to burst. grin grin grin

I just read this on BBC Board:

"
Mourinho's success was all off the back of Ranieri's good work. Jose is just a very lucky translator, who came in at the right time.

Last season and this season's recent results reflect more accurately his performance as a manager.

When you consider money spent since he joined Abramovich FC the simple conclusion is he is not in the same league as Wenger, Sir Alex, Benitez, or even Allardyce, Coppell, Sven or Curbishley who are all far better managers.
"

hmmmmmmm

How true is this? lipsrsealed
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 2:31am On Sep 20, 2007
@ Bolaoni,

That is very TRUE.
I may have written that.
Mourinho is just a lucky bastard that benefited from the good foundation Ranieri has laid down.
Compare Mourinho's signings to Ranieri's and u will see the difference.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 20, 2007
the premiership will be poorer without JM's constant threatrics. Chelsea will suffer a major blow and they may as well kiss any chance of a trophy this yr goodbye.
What will happen to John Terry and Frank Lampard who both swore they would follow JM wherever he went? With Lampard not yet signing a new contract, this may well be his last season with Chelsea.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by bolaoni(m): 2:52am On Sep 20, 2007
David,

Drogba is also part of the JM army o and not to forget his Portugues compatriots.

This may be the end of an era o. Well, let's wait and see sha
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Nobody: 2:55am On Sep 20, 2007
Right, what of Essien? Steve Sidwell may kiss first team football with Chelsea goodbye as i dont think a new coach would be willing to work with a product of British hype.

Makalele is 34, time to say goodbye too?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by debosky(m): 3:37am On Sep 20, 2007
BLIMEY!!

What a shocker! shocked shocked shocked

Maureen resigns or was sacked!!

This was coming, when RA walked out on the Villa game I saw this coming, people said he went to see players, but he was giving Maureen the final warning, now the man has decided to leave. JM as a proud man would only take this crap from RA with Avram, Kenyon and all the other fiddling with his team. Now that results are not coming (yet) to satisfy the boss, he has left

First Ranieri, then Mourinho. . . WHO NEXT?

Chelsea FC's Manager position is fast becoming the Real Madrid of England. Even success cannot guarantee your position. It reminds me of the unceremonious sack of Vialli after winning the FA cup and a few games into the new season. Chelsea and Tottenham just love sacking managers.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by dapsycool(m): 5:24am On Sep 20, 2007
That Roman A is one stupid boy, He reminds me of NFA and onigbende, If he needs an I-Robot, he should go buy one. Maybe Roman should coach Chelsea for this year. stupid!!!
Roman alone is the problem at Chelsea, Last season Arsenal played good football but were goal shy, Roman wants stylish play, why is the slowpoke looking for many goals, JM didn't ask for Sheva and Ballack, that same slowpoke brought them and almost included R.Carlos,initially Chelsea wins most matches by a 4 goal margin, when we played via wings(Duff and robben) Anyway No long thing, Chelsea will bounce back! We suppose vex trash Man divided this Sunday.
And i wish RA a successful plane crash very soon, STUPID!!
JM u still the best, it aint easy coping with russians, they are all terrorists/racist.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by rikkyjen(m): 6:00am On Sep 20, 2007
Oh My Dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
One of the most colorful managers of the 21st century. Ode to Jose embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
The premiership would miss his theatrics and the drama he brought to the EPL
Whos Gonna play mind games with SAF again? Dont tell me we would reverse to the Pre-mourinho era
Of SAF's battle and Wenger? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
No doubt, i hated the fact that Jose the translator was a profiteer of peoples luck i.e Scholesy's goal, inheriting Ranieri's complete squad, but Jose's tinking, tactical guise and sheer brillance would be missed.

For the first time this year, i feel emotional like a woman, i feel like crying, my heart is heavy. Yes, he talked too much but his success spoke for him. If United and chelsea are playing the same day, after checking Uniteds scores, I go straight to Jose's post match talks even before listening to SAF!.

Haaa! Roman is one hell of a richie-spoilt dude, cos you gat Yacht and Kremlin billions you think you just gambled right?
Pls someone tell me, which coach can match Mourinho's legacy in the spate of time Mourinho won his trophies. 5 domestic trophies in 3 years shocked shocked shocked shocked, what does Roman wants again? Does Roman wants a Double quadruple in a single year.

Yes chelsea plays drab, but does that equate Roman toasting Mourinho's ass away! Kai. . . Mourino would see another job in the next 2weeks at most, but wait ooooooo, which top job is available again. Inter still has Mancini, Madrid just hired a new boss, Ok, we heard Laporta has given Riijkard a showdown talk, so where could maurinho go? Unless a top team sack their current coach, there is no spot opened

Or would Jose go to Spuds? Then Assnal is going 5th place!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by dayokanu(m): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2007
Easy ending for all .

Jose Mourinho to Prime Fc Osogbo grin and
Yemi tella, Onigbinde and Christian Chukwu grin seriously touted to take over from JM.

All is well that ends well. grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Mustay(m): 7:04am On Sep 20, 2007
Chelsea and urinho have parted ways by MUTUAL CONSENT.

Gosh! Am gonna miss JM
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Abdblues(m): 7:07am On Sep 20, 2007
I am still very much in shock!i think Jose must have resigned after the so called Crisis meeting, he simply must have had enough! Despite what all haters have been saying, he is a damn good coach!and he has his success at Porto to show for it too!(if haters say he was a failure at Chelsea). Probably the only Manager to have won the Premiership at the 1st attempt!Not even AF or AW or Benitez could manage that!!
The next couple of days will be interesting at Chelsea, WHO takes over from JM, that is the million dollar question!!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by somze(f): 7:09am On Sep 20, 2007
rikkyjen, i-man
Excellent comments

I've seen folks say, JM was just lucky and built on another's foundation. This is a pathetic lie. Why on earth did not Ranieri win any medal with his so called foundation. JM philosophy is widely different from Ranieri's. A manager's job is not just about having a set of players. Tactics, coaching style and philosophy, mentality, influence, technique and a whole lot of other issues creep up. JM is a very good manager like him or hate him. He will be sorely missed.

We do not need Hiddink or Capello for obvious reasons, i can not help but laugh when i see some folks here assume these people will make the difference.

Like i said before, our aspirations this season may be as well as over. Fans and players alike saw JM as a demi-god. Untouchable and special. He did not deserve this. Only thing is he is not diplomatic enough for boardroom russian politics period.

Whoever is coming next will have to fight with mentality of players as well as fans, motivation is necessary and the dude must be a high profile manager to make this easier.

It seems if you are a billionaire, you surely get all you want in life.  undecided
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by ehie007(m): 7:12am On Sep 20, 2007
He wasnt saked, he left out of mutual consent

AM a Man UTD fan but i will sure miss Jose.
He is a very good arogant coach.

It will sure affect chelsea's fight for the title race.

ALL THE BEST MOURINHO
ALL THE BEST MOURINHOALL THE BEST MOURINHO
ALL THE BEST MOURINHO
ALL THE BEST MOURINHO
ALL THE BEST MOURINHO embarassed
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Mustay(m): 7:23am On Sep 20, 2007
i'm misssing him
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by tkb417(m): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2007
Na wa ooo. Please, when are they going to declare some players for sale? we need Cech and Essien pleaseeeee
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by topeorekoy(m): 7:52am On Sep 20, 2007
BREAKING NEWS

SET TO BE APPOINTED  AS NEW COACH OF CHELSEA

Grant set to take over at Chelsea  
Chelsea are set to name Avram Grant as their new manager replacing former boss Jose Mourinho, BBC Sport understands.
The Israeli, who was the director of football, will now take charge with Steve Clarke as his assistant.

Grant will be named as the new manager at Stamford Bridge later today, BBC Sport's Garry Richardson has revealed.

The 51-year-old, who is a close friend of Roman Abramovich, arrived at Chelsea in the summer and was told by Mourinho not to interfere in team affairs.

Grant, who up until now has held a place on the Chelsea board, arrived at Stamford Bridge after a spell as technical director at Portsmouth.

Previously he guided Israel to the brink of World Cup qualification in 2006 and he has also coached Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Maccabi Haifa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Vieira(m): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2007
Jose,  grin :

Lets clear something up, Ranieri was a good manager who was gradually building up a good team. He was doing it steadily the way SAF, Wenger and others have in the past.

When you take your time and build something it tends to last longer but when you start rushing and throwing money around to get the job done quickly then while you may have success the foundation is always going to be shaky.

Jose was good at one thing: getting the best out of players he liked. he has never played good football as a coach, he is all about maximising the potential of good to average players. he does not do superstars very well.

Jose took Ranieiri's team and added his ability to maximise them and did well but anyone who discounts ranieiri obviously has not looked at Chelsea and what they have done in their history.

Chelsea with Jose as I have always said bought their way to the top and that never lasts, ask Blackburn, even self ask Leeds!  grin grin

Man U's success is grounded in years of development and gradual progress. It is this same foundation that Wenger is building at Arsenal on top of the work done by Chapman, Bertie Mee and Graham.

Liverpool are also doing it this way gradually working their way to the top again after an absence of donkey years.

Chelsea have always been the upstart kid and it shows.

They cannot sell out their staduim, this is unheard of for a top 4 team!!

They do not have the grassroot support that teams like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and yes even tottenham have!

They are the worst supported london club, West Ham have a fantastic support.

Why you ask me?

well I am not sure but one thing for sure their past history of beng home to racists, nazis and the worst hooligans in the country is of no help. Money cannot wash away the stain of that.

It is one reason I really resent Chelsea, I have been on trains and in fear of my life when Combat 18 members come and start their chanting. All this was not some distant history o! This was in the days of the premiership!
But people have short memories.
In the early nineties a black man no fit go watch Chelsea or Millwall and that was the simple fact!!!

Roman, please keep your millions and find a ,manager with the right ethos and be patient, rome was not built in a day.

grin grin grin
Bye Bye Jose, just like that english marathon woman, you saw that you could not win anything this season so you quit!  grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by justkunmi(m): 8:01am On Sep 20, 2007
Hey guys, .was he sacked or he chickened out?

cos it makes a whole lotta difference. I've checked every paper and every link carrying the story. All kept saying Mouriho decided to leave after the draw at Rosenburg. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) / FA Cup: Southampton Vs Arsenal (0 - 5) On 28th January 2017 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 14th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.