Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') (21722 Views)

Poll: Are you happy about Mourinho's sacking/''resignation'?

Yes!: 21% (25 votes)
No.: 78% (92 votes)
This poll has ended

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Jose Mourinho To Leave Real Madrid By Mutual Consent / Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Grizzly(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
I wonder when handling a national team became a platform for being recognized as "GOOD".
duh!

Anyway, there's no doubt about the fact that JM will be solely missed,
By me, by all chelsea fans, and even non-chelsea fans, chelsea haterz inclusive
The other premiership managers cant deny the fact that JM brought a lot to both Chelsea and England.
Alex and Wenger cant deny the fact that they'll miss JM.
About my future as a Chelsea fan?
I was a chelsea fan(atic) b4 the advent of JM,
now he's gone makes me no different.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by kochito(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2007
Mourinho came to Chelsea,saw and Ultimately conquered not only the premiership but ferguson and wenger.His record is there for someone to equal,throughout his stay he did not lose any premiership match @ standford Bridge,won every available trophy in England.It took ferguson and the rest nothing less than 5 years to win any major trophy and Jose did it in his 1st year after the league has eluded Chelsea 4 half of a century.
You can take anything away from him,he is not a kid that you can order around,we will surely miss him.Premiership will be dull wiyhout his presence.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by tng(f): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2007
Someone asked who Avram Grant is. . . . .  that GENTLEMAN, my friend, has handled a NATIONAL TEAM; wonder when JM will get that kin'a job. . . .  so y'all don't be acting up like Monsieur Grant ain't got shyte 2 offer, c'uz he does!

I dont think he has anything to offer and is sure going to be replaced in January. The thing is how does the club forge on from here cos they players are very loyal to mourinho and it would take a while  for them to get over this and things to get normal. Thanks JM for all the memories and wish you luck wherever you go.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2007
mourhino's sack just restates wat i always believ dat all these teams will foreign owners will fall,its only a matter of sooner or later, manu,liverpool, u'll follow.money isnt everythin,neither is an expensive manager,but a quality coach makes the difference and y'all agree no better coach than wenger in the premiership.he just helped to over-price players and mouth everyone.how on earth is wright philips worth 24m pounds or shevy 34m pounds,tottaly outrageous.he's a good coach after all said anyway
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by freelance(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2007
Interesting thread!  cheesy

Cheers!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2007
Am so sad about this news, but that won't make me
turn back. I remain I blue for life

When Shevy left Milan, they won C.L
The same year, ronaldo left Madrid, they won La Liga
We will miss J.M but Chelsea has got nothing to lose

except those poke nosing press
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2007
see what maureen's departure is doing o grin

Grizz shocked shocked awwww sowwy cry cry

i feel ur pain grin grin

when Teary left you were all predicting our downfall grin

see now . . we are just too purrfect kiss
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by tkb417(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2007
mourhino's sack just restates what i always believ that all these teams will foreign owners will fall,its only a matter of sooner or later, manu,liverpool, u'll follow.money isnt everythin,neither is an expensive manager,but a quality coach makes the difference and y'all agree no better coach than wenger in the premiership.he just helped to over-price players and mouth everyone.how on earth is wright philips worth 24m pounds or shevy 34m pounds,tottaly outrageous.he's a good coach after all said anyway

Im sure you were drunk on liquor before you typed. what has foreign ownership gotta do with the downfall of a club? Does Maurinho's departure means Chelsea wont be title contenders anymore, does it mean Chelsea will be a mid-table club, does ot mean they wont have money to buy a better coach?
You should have checked your post very well cos it lacks all the good ingredients of a sensible post.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Grizzly(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2007
Mukk, tongue
Wenger cant really claim he ever beat JM,
can he, ? grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2007
Grizz grin sharrap dia . .where did you go . .get back dere o tongue angry grin

i wont tease no more grin cheesy

Well that doesnt matter now grin

i just know when we meet expect a basket of goals . maybe Grant will be ur new goalie and Drogba might help us score grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Gheorghe(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2007
JM gone 4 good, @ least we can get some free air around,no more excuses and 'bad belly'.and who knows who else - John terry, Lampard, Essien, ? these guys may likely follow himin the nearest furture .

sorry blues,the bones shall raise again,someday-take heart.

GUNNER4 LIFE
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by RuuDie(m): 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2007
Grizzly:

I wonder when handling a national team became a platform for being recognized as "GOOD".
duh!

If the National team didn't see anything GOOD about him, would they have hired him in the first place

and by the way, that GENTLEMAN is CHELSEA's SPORT DIRECTOR. . . . . . if he was as EMPTY as that EMPTY BARREL of a coach called JM, would he be CHELSEA's SPORT DIRECTOR

such posts are 4 intellects, technocrats. . . men who have studied the game in and out. . . . know the rules; the hooks and crooks, the tricks of the trade - not LOUD, FOUL MOUTHED, EMPTY JAR-HEADS who can only make noise at PRESS CONFERENCES grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by RuuDie(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2007
Remember Hilario. . . . . they kept making him look like a clown in the goalkeepers jersey when the dude had first team experience with FC PORTO 4 Chris'sakes and was over 30yrs old. . . . . now y'all wann'a act as though A.Grant has got no pedigree or football coaching experience. . . . . pl'z, GIVE US A BREAK & SUPPORT UR CHELSKI WITHOUT JM and QUIT ALL THE USELESS MOANING OVER JACK

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by McDreamy: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2007
I loved & hated Jose!

It's sad for football to see him go, the fact will always remain that coaches no matter how good they are will always go thru a rough patch.this was Jose's, he should have been given time

A good example is Sir Alex!

Bye bye Jose but not for too long

*My prediction - He will be back in the premiership - either soon to take over Spurs or in the nearest future a la Ericsson!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by RuuDie(m): 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2007
McDreamy:

I loved & hated Jose!

It's sad for football to see him go, the fact will always remain that coaches no matter how good they are will always go through a rough patch.this was Jose's, he should have been given time

A good example is Sir Alex!

Bye bye Jose but not for too long

*My prediction - He will be back in the premiership - either soon to take over Spurs or in the nearest future a la Ericsson!

Spurs will not touch that man with a 12ft pole grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by debosky(m): 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2007
Spurs? That would be interesting, it would make whacking the Scum of the South even more fun grin grin

But JM wouldn't go there, staying in England right now will be too much to bear I think, Spain or Italy will be his destination, where we'll see if he's really got the stuff or just was in the right place at the right time.

Like Wenger said - he came to Chelsea when they were on the way up - previous season CL semis, top 3 finish and all, so to move from there to premiership win wasn't that far/long a leap, especially with the bucketloads of filthy lucre the Russian made available

Well I hope the players put up a good battle and draw at OT, so we can take a bigger lead on both of them grin cool
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by kanmosyl(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2007
Chelsea football fans na helelele oyoyo,
Chelsea football team na helelele, oyoyo,
The fact is just that Jose Mourinho turned around England and Premiership
what took Ferguson ten years to achieve JM Achieved in just three years.
All Chelsea fans in da house, plz lets hail the Special one, forget those who don't know
whats happening in football
Without the chairman(Jose Mourinho) in the house, England and premiership will be so boring for whoever.
I, PLEDGE TO CHELSEA MY CLUB,
TO BE FAITHFUL, LOYAL AND HONEST, TO SUPPORT THE CLUB WITH ALL MY STRENGHT,
TO ALWAYS LOVE MOURINHO AND  REMAIN WITH THE CLUB FOREVER AND EVER
SO HELP ME GOD.
UP UP UP CHELSEA.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by anusule(m): 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2007
mourinho is soooooo good, i travelled all d way down to stamford bridge to support our supporters yesterday against his fallout with management
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by manu4laif: 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2007
Mourinho no doubt was extremely successful and with 2 League wins and 1 FA Cup under his watch has become the most successful manager in Chelsea's 100+ year history,  . .  . .(Says a lot about Chelsea pedigree )  grin

It remains to be seen if this most recent success story can be sustained without him.

This is a big loss and lets see how Chelsea manages this.

WAN UNITED grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by mukina2: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2007
cheesy " grin "

how many pledges and poems we go see grin

I, PLEDGE TO CHELSEA MY CLUB,
TO BE FAITHFUL, LOYAL AND HONEST, TO SUPPORT THE CLUB WITH ALL MY STRENGHT,
TO ALWAYS LOVE MOURINHO AND REMAIN WITH THE CLUB FOREVER AND EVER
SO HELP ME GOD.
UP UP UP CHELSEA.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by galatico(m): 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
Chelsea's former manager Jose Mourinho style of soccer is not the best, the self aclaimed special one is not special atall, cause any coach, manager with that same squad would always win trophies, you ought to win in style.

He is just the younger brother of our Dear Uncle Fabio Capello!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by somze(f): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2007
How come the one before him did not then?
Anyone with the team ManU and Barca has should win everything, but do they? hell no.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by debosky(m): 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2007
somze:

How come the one before him did not then?
Anyone with the team ManU and Barca has should win everything, but do they? hell no.

Because poor ol Ranieri got to the CL semi-finals and lost. That's why he lost his job. The basis of this team was already there established - Cech, Terry, Maka, Lamps, and Duff (the players who won chelsea that first title) only Didier, Carvalho and Essien came in addition.

Maureen came on board at a lucky time

Barca won the Liga and CL in the same year, ManU won the treble a couple of years back, so they have nothing left to prove

Chelsea's team is more expensive than ManU's or Barca's, yet Rotating Rafa always manages to outsmart JM. You know why? He is also from the same Iberian peninsula, so he knows how to deal with mouthy filho da putas grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by toshmann(m): 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2007
some chelsea fans in cardiff have started shifting base to another club. . . arsenal grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Vieira(m): 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2007
toshmann:

some chelsea fans in cardiff have started shifting base to another club. . . arsenal grin

I beg we don't want them. make dem go Tottenham or Wigan or even Fulham, the glory hunting, fickle hearted, ashewo fans.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by somze(f): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2007
Debo
look at your logic,

Ranieri failed but is a good manager
JM did great for 3 years and was lucky

bla bla bla bla bla

grin grin grin

You talk about team, my question Barca and ManU have great teams and should win it all but do/will they? NO
About ManU treble, if the past is all that is, then JM has nothing left to prove, he has won it all.

You logic is badly flawed
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by debosky(m): 11:02pm On Sep 21, 2007
Ranieri failed? No

his process was cut short, JM reaped the fruits of an incipient revival at Chelsea and made use of enormous resources of Abramovich and the hard ground work laid by Ranieri to push through, similar to what Wenger did at the beginning with Graham's defence line. A true coach must be able to bring forth a team of his own making and make them successful, Maureen has not done that, so in that regard, he is not really in the same league with AW and Ferguson

Winning the UEFA and CL at Porto were achievements no doubt, but that was because he was a big fish in a small pond, coming to the premiership, he won 2 league titles, granted that is an achievement, but the telling failure is the inability to win the CL, even with all the funds and some of the world's best players.

Put Fergie or AW or Frank Rijkaard with those funds and they will win everything.

season before last Barca won la liga and the CL, that was 'in the past' maybe, but a high achievement, last season, they only lost out on La Liga on goal difference.

Fergie and Rijkaard brought teams on the verge of mediocrity and made them great, AW rebuilt and refashioned a whole club in his fotballing image

Mourinho? Won UEFA and CL during a fallow time for the big clubs, Real, MU, Barca, Milan and Bayern were down in that year.

came to the premiership and won the league on the back of someone else's preparations and hard work

when he wins with a team nurtured and moulded by him, then I will give him the same level of respect

He is a good coach, but not really out of the ordinary, except of course his nastiness and rudeness when he is losing or not getting what he wants. A regular tantrum thrower. grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by somze(f): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2007
How eager you are to explain away all JM's successes and attribute it to luck.

Tell me how long did it take for SAF to even win the EPL, how much did he invest with respect to the other clubs? I've dealt with this else where. How long did he take to get the CL, how much had been invested in the team over the years.

Ranieri's process was cut short? I like that. Of course you wont say he spent much more than JM did in a season and came home with nothing, but JM's terrible season brought FA and Carling and he is feeding off Ranieri's empty cabinet foundation.

JM won UEFA and CL period. JM has won it all. He is a great manager. He is better than Arsene in that sense unless Arsene can show me the CL or the carling cup. Hell, Arsene has never won JM in a game.

You are not being objective so i don't think i can continue this.

Whatever makes you sleep at night dude tongue cool

sorry i just saw this

debosky:

when he wins with a team nurtured and moulded by him, then I will give him the same level of respect
This is the height! I have nothing else to say to you.
Go argue with a kid in pre-nursery, you may just convince the kid.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by segemafia(m): 2:17am On Sep 22, 2007
hey,thank GOD the man that has big mouth and has the stupid policy of spending and wasting a lot of money to achieve results and there by over pricing the players in the transfer market has finally left England,i believe a good coach should be able to achieve the best result with the available and a not too expensive squad filled with the acclaimed WORLD BIG NAMES,so i am reallly happy the ass hole is gone,GUNNERS TILL AM SIX FEET UNDERGROUND,
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Mustay(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2007

debo disappoints me here

PORTO was arranged by Onigbind abi sad
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by ritchboi: 8:53am On Sep 22, 2007
Mourinho is NOT beta dan wenger,Period!
its like saying benitez or rijkaard is beta dan arsene because theyve won champions league.and did some1 jus mention d carling cup?wenger jus uses dat 2 primarily 2 test his yung players(who outplayed chelseas 1st team in d final THIS YEAR!)
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by ritchboi: 8:58am On Sep 22, 2007
Besides,mourinho spent 200milion pouds(corect me if im wrong) or there about on players at chelsea,dat is more dan wenger has spent in his 11 years @ arsenal(Again corect me if i'm wrong)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FA Cup: Southampton Vs Arsenal (0 - 5) On 28th January 2017 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 6) On 23rd October 2011 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 14th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.