Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') (21720 Views)

Poll: Are you happy about Mourinho's sacking/''resignation'?

Yes!: 21% (25 votes)
No.: 78% (92 votes)
This poll has ended

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Jose Mourinho To Leave Real Madrid By Mutual Consent / Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by dinozzo(m): 12:47am On Sep 20, 2007
SENIOR CHELSEA PLAYER HAS TOLD SKY SPORTS NEWS JOSE MOURINHO HAS BEEN SACKED.

its running now on the yellow bar of Sky sports news. They say the player whose identity wasn't disclosed felt very emotional on the phone.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 12:48am On Sep 20, 2007
@ Dinozzo,

Pls tell I-man o
He seems to be misinforming the Chelsea fans.
Where is AKOLA and Razorr?
This is going to be a CIRCUS.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Iman3(m): 12:48am On Sep 20, 2007
José Mourinho dramatically left Chelsea with immediate effect yesterday after a final bust-up with Roman Abramovich. The manager is understood to have contacted five senior players in the afternoon to tell them that he was leaving, without offering any detailed explanation for his sudden departure.

Mourinho is believed to have phoned Frank Lampard before sending text messages to several other players, telling them only that he had had enough and would not see them again. The exact circumstances behind his departure are already being disputed — the Portuguese will insist that he has been dismissed, but Chelsea are adamant that he has resigned.

Whatever the truth, the news appears to have taken many of Chelsea’s senior executives by surprise. Peter Kenyon, the chief executive, Bruce Buck, the chairman, and Abramovich’s key aide, Eugene Tenenbaum, were called to an emergency meeting at Stamford Bridge last night to discuss the crisis.

The majority of Chelsea’s staff and players had been enjoying a relaxing evening at a cinema at Fulham Broadway watching a screening of Blue Revolution, a new documentary about the Abramovich years, but were called away to deal with revolutionary events of their own. Abramovich, the billionaire owner, had cancelled a business trip earlier in the day to hold talks with Tenenbaum, although they were initially thought to be about the poor attendance for Tuesday’s Champions League draw with Rosenborg rather than the manager’s future.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article2493403.ece
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by 9ja4eva: 12:49am On Sep 20, 2007
What a day for them.

RM prop up
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 12:51am On Sep 20, 2007
Roman was in rage after yesterday's poor attendance.
24,000 fans in a 42,000 capacity stadium?
They couldnt score goals and they play a very drab football.

Who spends 300 million pounds on a team and dont get results?
Roman is only human.
I wld have castrated Jose Mourinho if i was Roman for wasting me funds.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by akinalabi(m): 12:51am On Sep 20, 2007
Jackal:

Where is AKOLA and Razorr?
This is going to be a CIRCUS.

I don't see it that way mate. Let's just
analyze it's implications to Chelsea's
title challenge and the premiership in
general.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by 9ja4eva: 12:53am On Sep 20, 2007
Jackal:

Who spends 300 million pounds on a team and don't get results?
Roman is only human.
I would have castrated Jose Mourinho if i was Roman for wasting me funds.

Hope he gets a reasonable coach this time around
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 12:54am On Sep 20, 2007
@ akinalabi,

The implications to their title challenge will be DISASTROUS.
I am so going to miss Jose Mourinho.
He added something to the Premiership and he will be sorely missed.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Iman3(m): 12:54am On Sep 20, 2007
@Jackal

What do you think?Jose for Spurs!!!Heard that on 5Live  grin  grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by somze(f): 12:55am On Sep 20, 2007
Only yesterday i was telling Banderas that JM has to learn board level politics and he's not in the level to fight with managers like a few others in EPL.

You can only do that if you have won CL and EPL or shown consistency over a period of years.

I guess we have to shop for a manager, which will come pretty soon. All kenyon has to do is to get his list from the file, where it was kept for a time like this. I always knew JM was wanted out since January. Even the uneasy truce seems to be a charade.

Make no mistakes, its not easy managing Chelsea and JM has been awesome, a manager before him did nothing, he came and we have EPL 2 in a row, we have all cups in England and semis in CL twice. Both times fell a little bit short of luck. Any other Manager would have to match and go beyond his achievements which is not one of the easiest tasks.

Chelsea does not need a Manager that is in good terms with management or that will make our style attractive if results and trophies - CL and EPL - is not in the package.

If i'm to choose, i'd go for Vialli and klinsman, or Vialli and Scholari. Assistant manager and manager respectively.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by akinalabi(m): 12:57am On Sep 20, 2007
Glad I got a ticket for the Man Utd Chelsea game
on Sunday.

Who will be in charge? Steve Clarke?  grin

3 points hopefully for United!
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Iman3(m): 12:58am On Sep 20, 2007
There were reports last season that Rijkaard and even Guus Hidink were contacted on the possibility of taking over at Chelski.It seemed that the only reason Jose was still manager was due to Chelsea's failure to convince those 2 join the Blues.

I believe this is the beginning of the end for Chelsea.Chelsea will never find a manager as good as Jose
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 12:58am On Sep 20, 2007
@ I-man,

It wont be a bad idea.
Martin Jol should also cross to Chelsea.
Afterall Curbishley and Pardew changed hands last season.

I am watching his past comments on SKYSPORTS now.
This is really pathetic . . . . . Mourinho will be missed.
Why does Roman think Chelsea are now regarded as a laughing stock?

United should let Chelsea win on sunday . . . .
Whatchuthink?
Premiership has become something else . . .Spurs will be considering Martin Jol's job now.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 12:59am On Sep 20, 2007
Jackal:

Only a nonetity will say we dont play well yesterday.

Yes, we cant score.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by akinalabi(m): 1:00am On Sep 20, 2007
I-man:

I believe this is the beginning of the end for Chelsea.Chelsea will never find a manager as good as Jose

That's a ridiculous assertion.

There are many world class managers who can do well
at the bridge.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by 9ja4eva: 1:01am On Sep 20, 2007
I-man:

There were reports last season that Rijkaard and even Guus Hidink were contacted on the possibility of taking over at Chelski.It seemed that the only reason Jose was still manager was due to Chelsea's failure to convince those 2 join the Blues.

You might be wrong

They can hire Yemi Tella,Bergi Vogts,Pardew or Coleman

Those would prove their worth with time
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Iman3(m): 1:02am On Sep 20, 2007
Did I say CHELSEA wree favourites for the title?.United are now top favourites for the title!  grin I guess Arsenal and Liverpool can be considered contenders but its likely the title will stay at OT.

Whatever Chelski decide. . .I think their title challenge will be remarkably impeded by this development.

I would love for Jose to head  to Spurs just for this season  grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by somze(f): 1:04am On Sep 20, 2007
I-man:

Personally its going to be difficult for anyone coming now.
There's so much of psychological and emotional issues to be dealth with concerning the players.
Whoever is coming must have a very huge name.
Still this may be a major blow to this season's aspiration.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Iman3(m): 1:04am On Sep 20, 2007
akinalabi:

That's a ridiculous assertion.

There are many world class managers who can do well
at the bridge.

Akin Alabi

There are very few I can think of . . . . .Ottmar Hitzfeld,Fabio Capello. .who else.I believe only Sir Alex was a better manager than Jose
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 1:05am On Sep 20, 2007
Akolawole:

[/b]

Only a nonetity will say we don't play well yesterday.

Yes, we can't score.

AKOLA,

Unfortunately for u, Roman thinks Chelsea played shit and he sacked Mourinho.
Now, a man that built a multi-billion pound fortune from scraps CANNOT be considered a NONENTITY.
He is a very succesful man considering he was a school drop-out in Russia.
So whats ur point?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 1:07am On Sep 20, 2007
@Jackal

Dont forget you were reffering to Rossemburg's match
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by McOmo(m): 1:10am On Sep 20, 2007
@Akola. . . play well or win grinding out results, which had always been ur 1st choice ?
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by somze(f): 1:12am On Sep 20, 2007
JM had nothing to do with that match
Technical style was good, kalou could not just put in simple chances
With all those shots on target what else do you want from a manager.

This beef has been on for quite some time now and I guess JM was a little bit proud and opinionated. Russians dont like that, they want submision.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 1:12am On Sep 20, 2007
@ Akolawole,

That was what INTEL reports said . . . .

Roman called a CRISIS summit today and he wanted answers to many questions.
He had to cancel his business trip solely for this meeting with the decison makers in the Chelsea dressing room.

He wanted to know why Chelsea couldnt sell more than 24,973 tickets . . . .

He wanted to know why Chelsea cant score goals like before . . .

He wanted to know why Chelsea is playing DRAB and UNATTRACTIVE football.

He also wanted to know why Chelsea has become a laughing stock in England.

U wont get these reports until tomorrow or friday but these were the highlights of the meeting.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by akinalabi(m): 1:13am On Sep 20, 2007
I-man:

There are very few I can think of . . . . .Ottmar Hitzfeld,Fabio Capello. .who else.I believe only Sir Alex was a better manager than Jose

Guus Hiddink has got ten times of the clout, experience,
tactical ability, man management than Jose can claim
to have.

There are loads of top managers out there.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by 9ja4eva: 1:16am On Sep 20, 2007
The question is who would want to come to a club with crisis
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Iman3(m): 1:17am On Sep 20, 2007
The main reason Chelsea were underperforming was because Roman was undermining Jose by imposing players and insisting on how the team should play.

Jose had to abandon his favoured 4-3-3 formation in favour of a 4-4-2 formation just to please Roman.It left them more vulnerable at the back and didn't help much with their attacking prowess.

The whole episode is a reflection of the dangers of having a billionaire run a football club like his plaything.This sort of thing couldn't happen at Arsenal and probably Utd.Chelsea's fortunes are tied to the temparement of Abramovich.If he wakes up tommorow and decides his girlfriend should be the GK,he will find a way to implement that
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by somze(f): 1:18am On Sep 20, 2007
Akin alabi
What clubs has Hiddink managed.

What are his achievements, compare them to JM.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Jackal(m): 1:21am On Sep 20, 2007
@ 9ja4eva,

Mourinho was the only CRISIS in Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
His removal would bring about PEACE and SERIOUSNESS into the club.
There wont be any more stories of players IQ and classification of EGGS in Press Conferences.
Capello, Lippi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Del Bosque and maybe Arsene Wenger are possibilities.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by akinalabi(m): 1:26am On Sep 20, 2007
somze:

Akin alabi
What clubs has Hiddink managed.

What are his achievements, compare them to JM.

He's achieved so much that even this whole page
cannot contain.

Won the champions league, gotten as far as the
semis in the world cup and more.

Anyway, this thread is not about Guus but about
Jose.
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Iman3(m): 1:29am On Sep 20, 2007
Hidink won 6 League titles,Jose won 4 League titles

Hiddink won the European Cup,Jose won that and also won the Eufa Cup.

I think in Jose's short space of time,his record is far more impressive compared to Hiddink who has been a manager since 1987
Re: Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') by Akolawole(m): 1:31am On Sep 20, 2007
I-man:

The main reason Chelsea were underperforming was because Roman was undermining Jose by imposing players and insisting on how the team should play.

Jose had to abandon his favoured 4-3-3 formation in favour of a 4-4-2 formation just to please Roman.It left them more vulnerable at the back and didn't help much with their attacking prowess.

The whole episode is a reflection of the dangers of having a billionaire run a football club like his plaything.This sort of thing couldn't happen at Arsenal and probably Utd.Chelsea's fortunes are tied to the temparement of Abramovich.If he wakes up tommorow and decides his girlfriend should be the GK,he will find a way to implement that

Another bitter truth from a good guy.

Jackal:

[size=13pt]Mourinho was the only CRISIS in Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
His removal would bring about PEACE and SERIOUSNESS into the club.

[/size]

Who is going to rely on your info? No one.

Only the deep can call to the deep. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

FA Cup: Southampton Vs Arsenal (0 - 5) On 28th January 2017 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 14th January 2018 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 6) On 23rd October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.