Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. (2614 Views)

Someone Withdrew All The Money From My Sportybet Account / Sportybet New Withdrawal Rule - Wickedness And Cruel / Sportybet Ng Is Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by franugo(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23
AL1ENWARE:

Yes it does with SportyBet.
Those of you arguing this has a lost are not calming down to apply your logic.

For as long as OR is there, it means either of two outcomes must be met. And one of either conditions was met.

ManU vs PSG played at Home or Over2.5 = YES
means it's either Man U wins or the match ends with more than 2 goals to have a win.
If it is NO, it means ManU must not win or they both don't play up to 2 goals.

In the same stance
if it was ManU v PSG played at Home or Under2.5 = NO, so how come you guys are saying it is a lost when the selection is NO to the other alternate outcome predicting Under2. 5 is a NO

The way you're reading it differs from how i do. From my POV, the yes/no is strictly for the home win, it has no bearing on goals cause they've already specified it as over or under 2.5. That's the way bet companies structure their games, you are the one reading it differently.
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 7:09pm On Mar 23
NFBI:
You are wrong the NO means if both outcome do not happen. You won the under 2 option but the other option happens that is why it is lost.

You would have won if Home didn't win and there was no under 2 goals.. like 1-2, 2-2, 3-3, 1-3 etc
What does the below means?
Under 2.5 = NO
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23
franugo:

The way you're reading it differs from how i do. From my POV, the yes/no is strictly for the home win, it has no bearing on goals cause they've already specified it as over or under 2.5. That's the way bet companies structure their games, you are the one reading it differently.
What does Under 2.5 set at NO means. Does it mean outcome should be over 2.5 or under2.5
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by NFBI: 7:13pm On Mar 23
AL1ENWARE:

Under 2.5 = NO
You won the under 2.5 No options

But the terms says both options shouldn't happen which is the Home win that happened.

You won one option only.

If home didn't win and there was no under 2.5 goals your bet would have won

In a YES option if one outcome occurs it's a win
but NO option none must happen
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by franugo(m): 7:22pm On Mar 23
AL1ENWARE:

What does Under 2.5 set at NO means. Does it mean outcome should be over 2.5 or under2.5

You're still not understanding me it seems. You played NO home or under 2.5 goals right?
I'm saying that the way sportybet obviously reads this is either home does not win or the game will end with less than 3 goals. Both options lost so your ticket lost. You are guessing that the NO acts on the two options but it does not. It only acts on the home option because the goals are already specified and it's clear whatis needed goalwise for the ticket to go green.

1 Like

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by franugo(m): 7:24pm On Mar 23
AL1ENWARE:

Under 2.5 = NO

You did not play under 2.5 NO, you played home NO or under 2.5, learn to distinguish the distinction.

2 Likes

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by NFBI: 7:27pm On Mar 23
franugo:

You're still not understanding me it seems. You played NO home or under 2.5 goals right?
I'm saying that the way sportybet obviously reads this is either home does not win or the game will end with less than 3 goals. Both options lost so your ticket lost. You are guessing that the NO acts on the two options but it does not. It only acts on the home option because the goals are already specified and it's clear whatis needed goalwise for the ticket to go green.
You are wrong check page 3 of a screenshot.

A NO option means both outcome shouldn't happen. He won the under 2.5 which he predicted that it won't happen.

But the home win option does which he also said home won't win which it does.

Only a YES option that he will win if either outcome happens 1-1, 0-2, 0-0, 1-0 ❌ But 1-3, 2-2, 4-4, 2-4✔️

1 Like

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by StatusSymbol: 7:42pm On Mar 23
Omo people Sabi bet
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by Tombrown3(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23
do4luv14:

Sorry bro, he lost on both options,

First home to win he picked no==== Lost

secondly he picked U2.5 =≠=====Lost

I'd it had been over2. 5, he could had won, but it's Under

so the ticket is lost, cos 4goals were scored
You are missing the point, he stated the inverse of the out come!

NO

Home to win = NO, he lost
Under2. 5 = NO, meaning must be over2.5 to win, and he won.

1 Like

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by Verbtips(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23
Nothing dey there to talk about you bet home win with 1:0 or 2:0 so if they played 2:1 your bet lost niye becus the goal is over 2.5 simple
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by ghettochild4u(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23
You lost the bet
If u had picked yes. You would have won...
The No u picked meant home shouldn't win.
And the Over should be under 2.5 but they did Over 2

1 Like

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23
Tombrown3:

You are missing the point, he stated the inverse of the out come!

NO

Home to win = NO, he lost
Under2. 5 = NO, meaning must be over2.5 to win, and he won.
Bro thanks for understanding, what would you do next in this situation?
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23
ghettochild4u:
You lost the bet
If u had picked yes. You would have won...
The No u picked meant home shouldn't win.
And the Over should be under 2.5 but they did Over 2
The under 2.5 is operating at NO not YES why are some people like franugo continue to insist that the NO can only affect the Home to win or lose but not the alternative outcome by which OR functions on? , yet same franugo cannot agree that if Burnley to Win or Over2.5 is set to YES, and let say that play 0-5 then it should be a LOSS because according to him and those who reason like him on this market pick, since Burnley didn't WIN, the YES should only apply for whichever team was predicted to win or lose?

1 Like

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by Tombrown3(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23
AL1ENWARE:

Bro thanks for understanding, what would you do next in this situation?
Sorry, I went to the site and read the description of the outcome and saw that you lost the game.

The NO only applied to the HOME.

Check the page 3 of this thread, you'll see there someone posted it.
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 10:10pm On Mar 23
Tombrown3:

Sorry, I went to the site and read the description of the outcome and saw that you lost the game.

The NO only applied to the HOME.

Check the page 3 of this thread, you'll see there someone posted it.
Okay I finally agree that on SportyBet, the NO only applies to the Home or Away to win or lose and never the alternating Over or Under, abi?
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by Cwhyte(m): 10:16pm On Mar 23
Let me explain in plain terms.
HOME OR UNDER 2.5 NO
Means, NEITHER Home win NOR under 2.5

HOME OR UNDER 2.5 YES
Means EITHER Home win OR under 2.5

Hope this clears the air.

Note: You can check other punters' tickets on Predict4me on https://accessbet.com edit to your taste and bet.

AL1ENWARE:
I played a match
Burnley vs Bournemouth at
Home or Under 2.5 at NO

Please not that the logical function there is not "AND" operator. It is "OR" meaning the eventual outcome of the match must meet either one (not both) of the two conditions.

They played 3-1 but hey I met one of the outcomes when I picked NO to Under2. 5 meaning I predicted that it is either they MUST NOT play under2.5 (ie 2 goals or more is

SportyBet resulted the match as LOST and have consulted with others who plays. It never got cleared to them well as they always presume its a AND, upon understanding the logic of the OR working with the NO operator. I'm told I won it.

Guys please help me reason the matter wella.
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 10:50pm On Mar 23
Cwhyte:
Let me explain in plain terms.
HOME OR UNDER 2.5 NO
Means, NEITHER Home win NOR under 2.5

HOME OR UNDER 2.5 YES

Hope this clears the air.

Note: You can check other punters' tickets on Predict4me on https://accessbet.com edit to your taste and bet.
I like the way you put it but you're simply repeating the way my logic understands it. You say NOR, which implies to the contravene the predicted outcome.

Bro, look at your statement in bold.
NEITHER HOME WINS OR NEITHER WILL THEY BOTH PLAY UNDER2.5
So which one did met the 3-1 outcome?

I could only have lost that match if I had picked YES meaning, to quote you "
HOME OR UNDER 2.5 YES
" and they played 3-1.

Remember that I picked home to win OR under2.5 @ NO

So I won.
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by franugo(m): 3:56am On Mar 24
AL1ENWARE:

The under 2.5 is operating at NO not YES why are some people like franugo continue to insist that the NO can only affect the Home to win or lose but not the alternative outcome by which OR functions on? , yet same franugo cannot agree that if Burnley to Win or Over2.5 is set to YES, and let say that play 0-5 then it should be a LOSS because according to him and those who reason like him on this market pick, since Burnley didn't WIN, the YES should only apply for whichever team was predicted to win or lose?

What are you talking about? Burnley to win or over 2.5 set to yes seems straightforward, if Burnley wins, green. If Burnley lose but game plays over 2.5, green. Nothing special there....moreover when did we talk about Burnley or over 2.5 that you said i can't agree to it?
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 5:19am On Mar 24
Preator:

it is an error in crafting the bet. the "No" only applies to the home win. same thing if you had picked "yes"

1. Home win or under 2.5 __No

Home to lose or draw or under 2.5 goals

2. Home win or under 2.5 __Yes

Home to win or under 2.5 goals

3. Home win or over 2.5 __No

home to lose or draw or over 2.5 goals

4. Home win or over 2.5__Yes

Home to win or over 2.5 goals

your ticket lost, but you've learnt something in the process

for sportybet, always click on the small icon above each bet to understand the expected outcome
Boss, shebi you type say Home to Win and Over 2.5 set to NO means Home must either lose or Draw or Over 2.5 goals. My question is does the same applies if it was AWAY to Win or Over 2.5 set to NO? If yes, what are the outcome that could mark a Win ?
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by petengine(m): 8:14am On Mar 24
Don't leave your betting success to chance.

And stop relying on luck to win a bet.

Analyze betting odds to uncover arbitrage opportunities, and maximize your profits!

Visit: https://betsmartodds.com

It's 100% FREE
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by Fattprince23: 12:10pm On Mar 24
AL1ENWARE:

Na you no sabi English aswear. Those saying it's a Loss are conflating the selection with AND operator.

OR functions with one of two outcomes.
AND functions with both outcomes.

E reach SportyBet turn dem come change OR to AND by using the word "BOTH" to redefine their NO.

You come dey tell me to go learn English.

No mind them. But you too na thief(kidding though) normal normal, the odds no suppose reach like that on other betting site that or is called chance mix why and is combo. Or odds no they big cos the probability is higher than and. But the game won sha. The sportybet agent are just confused.
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by Fattprince23: 12:15pm On Mar 24
franugo:

I'm sure you play bets, does it show YES or NO when you play over or under a certain goal range?
So you do see Yes/No on 1X2 market too?
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24
Fattprince23:

No mind them. But you too na thief(kidding though) normal normal, the odds no suppose reach like that on other betting site that or is called chance mix why and is combo. Or odds no they big cos the probability is higher than and. But the game won sha. The sportybet agent are just confused.
Dem no wan pay me money ooo.

preator talk say Home win or over 2.5 selected at NO mean say Home to lose or draw or over 2.5 goals

Abeg wetin be the result of the below selection. No be drawn and over 2.5, abi Preator go come say it doesn't work for AWAY.

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 1:20pm On Mar 24
I played over2.5 @ NO they nullified it because they played 2-2 which is a draw as Preator stated.

I played Under2.5 @ NO they still nullified it after they played 3-1

So based on the purpose of this thread, I won that match.

Guys look at all the screenshots posted below and tell me there is no discrepancy in their markings.

Notice the 3rd screenshot.
The OR is functioning on the alternate outcome of Over2.5 @ NO hence it WON.

But...

On the last screenshot.
The same OR refuses to function on the alternate outcome of Under2.5 @ NO.

In fact, careful analysis of the NO operation on the second alternative of all my game denotes that it's functioning except for the last one. Where I picked NO @ Under 2.5 which means I'm saying they must do over 2.5 which they did and it counted me lost.

What kanfa!

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by franugo(m): 2:38pm On Mar 24
Fattprince23:

So you do see Yes/No on 1X2 market too?

Like i said i don't really play soccer bets, i focus mostly on virtual but i believe when you play home win either halves, it does show yes
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by franugo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24
grin
AL1ENWARE:
I played over2.5 @ NO they nullified it because they played 2-2 which is a draw as Preator stated.

Guys look at all the screenshots posted below and tell me there is no discrepancy in their markings.

But...

On the last screenshot.

In fact, careful analysis of the NO operation on the second alternative of all my game denotes that it's functioning except for the last one. Where I picked NO @ Under 2.5 which means I'm saying they must do over 2.5 which they did and it counted me lost.

What kanfa!

Ok, means my opinion is wrong then cause if what i said before was true then the first game would've been green. I'm out o, make i focus on my virtual grin
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by franugo(m): 2:47pm On Mar 24
AL1ENWARE:

But...

On the last screenshot.

What kanfa!

From what i can deduce from these screenshots, seems the two games have to enter for the ticket to go green. I think someone already said something similar in the earlier pages, means he's correct...no wonder the odds are so high, no sensible betting company will give such high odds for such an outcome, guess this is where they'll hook you with TnC if you try to escalate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by chyzoo4u(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24
AL1ENWARE:

But...

On the last screenshot.

What kanfa!

Let me help you to understand this again. Note, you're not the only one playing this combo, so there's no way many people won't be shouting foul online by now if you're correct. Or are you thinking the system targeted only you?

Now, let me explain.

For the first game AD Cofutpa vs Adr Jicaral, the game means it's either home win or they play under 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 1:1 which is under 2.5. You lost it. Ask yourself, if you that played "No" won the game, what of someone that played "Yes?" Does it now mean that both Yes and No will win the game? Reason am.

Second one, Orange County SC v Miami FC. The game means it's either away win or they play over 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 2:2 which is over 2.5. You lost.

For the third one, Burnley FC v Bournemouth Reserve. The game means it's either Home win or they play under 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 3:1 of which home won and over 2.5. You lost again.

Final help, for this type of combo game that comes with "or", when you play "No," then both conditions must not be met. For example, had Burnley FC v Bournemouth Reserve played 1:3, then you would've won because home didn't win, and they didn't play under 2.5.

However, when you play "Yes," you need only one or both conditions to be met for you to win. Again, using Burnley FC v Bournemouth Reserve as example, had it been you played Yes and the outcome is 3:1, you would've won because home won even though they didn't play under 2.5.

Using the Denmark vs Switzerland game to confirm this, the game means either away win or they play over 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 0:0. Away didn't win, they didn't play over 2.5 either, so you won that one because both conditions weren't met. You see...

I took out my precious time to type this to help you understand, if you still think the system is cheating you after going through this post thoroughly, then I'll advise you stop playing bet for now, go back to the board and learn these outcomes properly before you continue again.

Happy weekend
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 6:45pm On Mar 24
chyzoo4u:

Let me help you to understand this again. Note, you're not the only one playing this combo, so there's no way many people won't be shouting foul online by now if you're correct. Or are you thinking the system targeted only you?

Now, let me explain.

For the first game AD Cofutpa vs Adr Jicaral, the game means it's either home win or they play under 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 1:1 which is under 2.5. You lost it. Ask yourself, if you that played "No" won the game, what of someone that played "Yes?" Does it now mean that both Yes and No will win the game? Reason am.

Second one, Orange County SC v Miami FC. The game means it's either away win or they play over 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 2:2 which is over 2.5. You lost.

For the third one, Burnley FC v Bournemouth Reserve. The game means it's either Home win or they play under 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 3:1 of which home won and over 2.5. You lost again.

Final help, for this type of combo game that comes with "or", when you play "No," then both conditions must not be met. For example, had Burnley FC v Bournemouth Reserve played 1:3, then you would've won because home didn't win, and they didn't play under 2.5.

However, when you play "Yes," you need only one or both conditions to be met for you to win. Again, using Burnley FC v Bournemouth Reserve as example, had it been you played Yes and the outcome is 3:1, you would've won because home won even though they didn't play under 2.5.

Using the Denmark vs Switzerland game to confirm this, the game means either away win or they play over 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 0:0. Away didn't win, they didn't play over 2.5 either, so you won that one because both conditions weren't met. You see...

I took out my precious time to type this to help you understand, if you still think the system is cheating you after going through this post thoroughly, then I'll advise you stop playing bet for now, go back to the board and learn these outcomes properly before you continue again.

Happy weekend
Boss calm down.
First of all I appreciate your reply.
Secondly, I accepted the outcome of those the first two you were analyzing, they are not my complaint. I posted them as reference point to indicate that SportyBet algorithm don kolo to prove my point of the Burnley vs Bournemouth Reserve which is the reason t for this thread. Now hear me out. .. You yourself sef said below

For the third one, Burnley FC v Bournemouth Reserve. The game means it's either Home win or they play under 2.5. You said No, that none of that will happen. They played 3:1 of which home won and over 2.5. You lost again
Read your bolded again.... It is under 2.5 at NO unless as some as insist the two outcome must be met.
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by chyzoo4u(m): 8:27pm On Mar 24

Read your bolded again.... It is under 2.5 at NO unless as some as insist the two ciutckmrs must be met.

Remember I said whenever you choose "No," it means the 2 outcome must not happen, but when you choose "Yes," at least one outcome must happen.

By choosing "No" for home to win and under 2.5, whereas home won 3:1, means you lost the game.
Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by Cwhyte(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24
Ok let's put it this way, the president will wear GREEN or WHITE YES /NO
And you chose NO.

Now, let's say the president wore GREEN.
you lost.

Because you said the President will wear NEITHER GREEN NOR WHITE

NEITHER HOME WIN NOR UNDER 2.5
So for 3:1, home won, you lost

AL1ENWARE:
I like the way you put it but you're simply repeating the way my logic understands it. You say NOR, which implies to the contravene the predicted outcome.

Bro, look at your statement in bold.
NEITHER HOME WINS OR NEITHER WILL THEY BOTH PLAY UNDER2.5
So which one did met the 3-1 outcome?

I could only have lost that match if I had picked YES meaning, to quote you "[i][/i]" and they played 3-1.

Remember that I picked home to win OR under2.5 @ NO

So I won.

Re: Did I win or lose this Sportybet? Help me make this makes sense. by AL1ENWARE(m): 10:35pm On Mar 24
Cwhyte:
Ok let's put it this way, the president will wear GREEN or WHITE YES /NO
And you chose NO.

Now, let's say the president wore GREEN.
you lost.

Because you said the President will wear NEITHER GREEN NOR WHITE

NEITHER HOME WIN NOR UNDER 2.5
So for 3:1, home won, you lost
Clever analogy but faulty, but I'll explain that later.

You're still missing one thing. What's the point of the or O/U2.5 then, when whatever is picked won't matter. Only the outcome of the first alternative counts. And I've shown in the post above where the First alternative came but their system decided to apply the other second O/U2.5 alternative that didn't come.

PS
Your 'President will wear Green or White' analogy agrees only to statement of probable outcome (guesser and a skeptic) not a statement of opinion that requires a predictive response (bookmaker and staker)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Nicknames Of Premiership Players / AFCON 2012: Burkina Faso Vs Angola (1 - 2) On January 22nd 2012 / Super Eagles All Time Eleven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.