Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength (31609 Views)

FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / FOREX Crisis: Raid On BDCs Ill-Advised, Wrongly-Directed - Peter Obi / Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Ofunaofu: 7:29pm On Mar 25
seunmsg:

Why not let’s go back to the rate PDP met it in 1999. In addition, can we go back to the minimum wage of 1999?

I only asked a question seunmsg

But it won't be bad if Tinubu can take it back to the rate PDP met it in 1999

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Lifemanage: 7:29pm On Mar 25
Since CBN started selling to BDCs before the rate began to fall. Meaning the banks are not the real market and they are not helping matters. They should sell to the BDCs then.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by membranus: 7:31pm On Mar 25
OfficialP:
Is Naira actually appreciating or FG is defending the naira with scarce dollars

Dollars is no more scarce in Nigeria, Nigeria external reserves has tremendously increased to $38bn, and still climbing. Because nobody is stealing them or granting favour with them anymore.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Dshocker(m): 7:32pm On Mar 25
maasoap:

You know the kind of hardship that the falling in the value of naira was causing over 200 million population, right? No personal business gain should make you to be unpatriotic element.

How is that my problem?

If over 200 million Nigerians are suffering, they should hold the government accountable for that.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by just2endowed: 7:33pm On Mar 25
Raylight2:
My problem be say even with the appreciation, GTB no gree reduce US VISA Fee from #1800/dollar

That bank na criminal

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Treadway: 7:34pm On Mar 25
iLegendd:
As long as Nigerian politicians are forever corrupt and their measures are always temporary, I'll never convert my Dollar to Naira except I'm using it immediately. Apart from that, it's either in BTC or in Dollar, Pounds, or Euro. No going back. I can't

Funnily, smart people will use this opportunity to convert more Naira to Dollar because they know the highest it will take is 5-10 years and we'll be in another crisis.
5-10 years too long...more like in 3-6months, except both refineries truly come on stream within the next 6 months

I'm particularly waiting to see it touch below 1k so I can load up as much as I can for the next 'bull run', cos I'm not optimistic about those refineries one bit, not with all the falsehood. Dec 2023 they said, na March 2024 ending we dey so, we no see even refined palm oil comot from any of the two that were hyped as ready to go.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25
nonny1212:
The will inflict hardship on purpose, find a solution for the hardship as if it wasn't them that created it in the first place. Then ppl begin to sing them Hero! We are not blind
How did he inflict pain on you bro, look at this thing from a brighter side, the previous administrations are subsidizing currency that has no direct impact in our life but this man is rebuilding it to the best of his capacity and we are seeing result and you are saying this haba now be fair for once

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Starz825(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25
dibunotion:
But ppl still sad about naira appreciating

I say pple wicked seh....no be only government oo

I say.some Nigerians no mind make things continue to dey spoil ...as long as he no concern Dem.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Omoapena(m): 7:35pm On Mar 25
Before April ending, God should bring this thing to 700/$

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Omoapena(m): 7:36pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed

Keep it till it gets to 700/$ pls

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by seunowa(f): 7:36pm On Mar 25
keymatt:
Another Tinubu agbadorian supporter grin grin grin
Pandora obirodent spotted

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by jaxxy(m): 7:36pm On Mar 25
Putindbutt:
Bayo Onanuga warned them last week but they think he was joking, sell those dollars now before it ends in maximum tears.

They are fixing the rates and telling Nigerians they are floating the naira. it will come out soon.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by nedekid: 7:37pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed
Last I bought was ₦460, 2022
October.
If you bought it at that price, just keep it and know you have some dollars kept somewhere. You know with naija, there is always stories.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by motionarena: 7:37pm On Mar 25
But why are greedy marketers yet to reduce price

4 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by khattab02: 7:37pm On Mar 25
I go siddon dey look👀👀👀
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:37pm On Mar 25
keymatt:
How much is the price of food items in the market How much is 1kg of cooking gas Are they reducing or increasing When will this agbadorian regime learn that Propaganda is not governance

Now i see you are here to talk down on significant progress because you are a bad loser, before the government can bring down the food price in the market, the government must have control of the supply chain of the market just as they did to the dollar, and we need to plant and plant and plant so as to control the price in the market.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by bobbiiee: 7:38pm On Mar 25
This is my challenge. My sister was told that US visa application fee can't be piad for from dom account.

Raylight2:
My problem be say even with the appreciation, GTB no gree reduce US VISA Fee from #1800/dollar
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by sukkot: 7:38pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
nna mehnnnnnn 👀

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by OfficialP: 7:38pm On Mar 25
membranus:

Dollars is no more scarce in Nigeria, Nigeria external reserves has tremendously increased to $38bn, and still climbing. Because nobody is stealing them or granting favour with them anymore.

The main point is this... Is FG defending the naira or is naira appreciating

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by nedekid: 7:39pm On Mar 25
Omoapena:
Before April ending, God should bring this thing to 700/$
Abi 200.
Miracle fit happen.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 7:39pm On Mar 25
erniok:

Seems like short term plan as we don't have export capacity to earn fx to support this but it's a very welcome development.
naira will keep on strengthening against the US dollars.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by bolanto24(m): 7:39pm On Mar 25
adioolayi:
Cardoso going slowly and steadily..

God bless Nigeria

I hope he does well
I like the CBN Governor name.
What does it mean sef?

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by dfrost: 7:40pm On Mar 25
Why sell $ to BDCs? Why?

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:40pm On Mar 25
mightyhazel:
Chinedu wants it back at 216.. 216 is very ok and much Berra than this..

Ok at least 470 it was last year January .. Chinedu means better for Nigeria than hypocritic urchins

even the dollar value of last year isn't same this year, all currencies are losing values sir, so expecting it return back to 216 is just a vane dream, as at 2015 it was achievable due to excess crude account but now we are importing and our sales power is low.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:41pm On Mar 25
Geovanni412:

Very short term but commendable

He is doing more than Buhari did

This is long term because it's the market that will determine the price and not a body that will now be paying subsidy again
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Biodun556(m): 7:42pm On Mar 25
Look4success:
Short term or long term solution

Cardozo himself said naira is undervalued

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Putindbutt: 7:42pm On Mar 25
jaxxy:

They are fixing the rates and telling Nigerians they are floating the naira. it will come out soon.
Explain me how they are fixing the rates?, let me see if you passed through a school gate.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Donaldoni: 7:42pm On Mar 25
@jmoore

Have you sold your dollars already? grin
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Iyke1998(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25
Abeg how much is 1euro to naira now
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25
what the government is doing to keep the dollar at a stable rate and to have enough dollar in the purse is by converting any dollar that enter into nigeria and give you naira instead of dollar
erniok:

Seems like short term plan as we don't have export capacity to earn fx to support this but it's a very welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Donaldoni: 7:44pm On Mar 25
Paraman:
naira will keep on falling

Wake up!

When the refineries resume production, you speculators will nearly cry blood grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Biodun556(m): 7:45pm On Mar 25
Xammie001:

This is long term because it's the market that will determine the price and not a body that will now be paying subsidy again

The CBN governor makes sure that all bureau de are complying. Once dollars are available in the economy, no reason why there should be scarcity of dollars but some people in collaboration with binance, bureau de change hoard the dollars and inflate the price

All our problem in Nigeria are man-made.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The IPOB, Hausas And Soldiers Clash In Umuahia: Reason Behind It / Photos From Omoyele Sowore’s Rally In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State / Peter Obi: We Should Be Careful Not To Create Another Monster - Dalung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.