Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,814 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength (31750 Views)

FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / FOREX Crisis: Raid On BDCs Ill-Advised, Wrongly-Directed - Peter Obi / Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Biodun556(m): 7:46pm On Mar 25
Donaldoni:

Wake up!

When the refineries resume production, you speculators will nearly cry blood grin

Many of them have started offloading Their dollars

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by khattab02: 7:46pm On Mar 25
Xammie001:

Now i see you are here to talk down on significant progress because you are a bad loser, before the government can bring down the food price in the market, the government must have control of the supply chain of the market just as they did to the dollar, and we need to plant and plant and plant so as to control the price in the market.
100 percent agree with u.

Can the Senators, reps and governors focus now on the next farming season which is around the corner. I wish they do rather than fighting over 189 billion borehole.

After crude oil, our next greatest assets is agriculture, but we joke with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Faposky95: 7:46pm On Mar 25
Iya Kudi...Ooohhhh
Dollar don dey come dan.....
Why Ijebu gari still pass 3k for paint abeg.....?!
I go soon dey sell ......I never jus start

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by seunowa(f): 7:47pm On Mar 25
xtimconsult:

Dey joke... Paid commentator...

How much was Naira when baba said subsidy is gon... The only way his re-election is sure is of he settle with the North before election...
Baba settled with the north or not, obi will never become Nigeria president

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Donaldoni: 7:47pm On Mar 25
nedekid:

Last I bought was ₦460, 2022
October.
If you bought it at that price, just keep it and know you have some dollars kept somewhere. You know with naija, there is always stories.

The value then and now is virtually the same

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by chidiokay: 7:47pm On Mar 25
nairavsdollars:
If CBN is selling to BDCs at that price, how then will it go lower below 1k to a dollar?

Since Nigeria is not a producing or exporting economy what can possibly drive the price lower to 1k is lesser demands, hopeful if speculators/hoaders are flushed out

if FG opens land, that can also lesser the demand on "dollar" .. local currency will suffice for neighbouring countries trade

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by RecentHistory: 7:48pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed

Buy more dollars
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Donaldoni: 7:49pm On Mar 25
Biodun556:

Many of them have started offloading Their dollars

Sure

They can't eat it nah

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:50pm On Mar 25
khattab02:
100 percent agree with u.

Can the Senators, reps and governors focus now on the next farming season which is around the corner. I wish they do rather than fighting over 189 billion borehole.

After crude oil, our next greatest assets is agriculture, but we joke with it.

Bro our greatest asset is actually agriculture bro.
imagine having enough to feed 300 million people everyday, boss that's bastard money

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by khattab02: 7:50pm On Mar 25
Biodun556:

The CBN governor makes sure that all bureau de are complying. Once dollars are available in the economy, no reason why there should be scarcity of dollars but some people in collaboration with binance, bureau de change hoard the dollars and inflate the price

All our problem in Nigeria are man-made.

True

But I blame the government for not been fully in charge of situations hence fire brigade approach

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by mightyhazel: 7:51pm On Mar 25
Idaytesj29:

Shinedu never meant well for Nigeria. Shinedu is always rejoicing over the misfortune of the country. That's a biblical fact undisputed anywhere in the country.
Don't get it twisted, Chinedu is always rejoicing..weda u like it or not. Whatever the outcome of your weird decisions may be ,it's not enough to remove a single shine out of Chinedus enjoyment..For Chinedu is built to enjoy himself thoroughly..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 7:51pm On Mar 25
worksmart:
But remember the BDCs have already been forbidden from buying dollar at more than N1,400 so it's just eye-service that is unsustainable.
wetin this one dey talk
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25
Biodun556:

The CBN governor makes sure that all bureau de are complying. Once dollars are available in the economy, no reason why there should be scarcity of dollars but some people in collaboration with binance, bureau de change hoard the dollars and inflate the price

All our problem in Nigeria are man-made.

Thanks for coming to term with this, that our problems are Nigeria made

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Blaze14k: 7:52pm On Mar 25
dibunotion:
But ppl still sad about naira appreciating

Point one person that is sad ozuo
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Shikena(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25
That was a subsidized rate though. Exports/GDP will have to step up to at least match the impact of the old subsidy.

Jflex07:
At least 700 bro. This APC I know cannot bring that to the rate at which they met it.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by erniok(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25
Paraman:
naira will keep on strengthening against the US dollars.
Na wetin we want ohhh.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by sukkot: 7:54pm On Mar 25
membranus:

My wife bought dollars at N1550 a week or two ago for a failed project, only to sell them at N1,370 today, thereby losing some money. They were even advising her to quickly sell now, because by tomorrow it will further go down.

Thank God, Nigeria is on recovery mode.
just negodu 👀 nekwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by ellizy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 25
Look4success:
Short term or long term solution
A long time solution will start with a step

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 7:55pm On Mar 25
Dshocker:
Every exporter like myself is crying right now.

The prayer of every exporter in Nigeria is that, the price of naira to dollar should keep going higher.
prices of goods and services will also keep on getting higher and the value of the naira will be falling.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by khattab02: 7:55pm On Mar 25
Xammie001:

imagine having enough to feed 300 million people everyday, boss that's bastard money
True..

I was thinking how did we let it to rot and now we can't feed ourselves?

If insecurities can be reduced and we take an holistic approach to agriculture, we will achieve many things.

In school then, we are told about agro-allied and agro base. There is always market for agriculture

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Geovanni412(m): 7:56pm On Mar 25
Xammie001:

This is long term because it's the market that will determine the price and not a body that will now be paying subsidy again

We hope so , that way we can stop fussing about exchange rate

Even people wey never change dollar for their life now dey discuss the rate .

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by kolaaderin: 7:56pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed
you better dump it now. Premium tears will follow as this will never hit 1500 again under Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25
khattab02:
True..

I was thinking how did we let it to rot and now we can't feed ourselves?

If insecurities can be reduced and we take an holistic approach to agriculture, we will achieve many things.

In school then, we are told about agro-allied and agro base. There is always market for agriculture

Greed led us to this state now
when we discovered crude oil that year it should have been another source of income and not main source of income but greed and lack of planning sold us out and here we are now suffering badly.
Then we had the biggest pyramids in the world name them, Groundnut,Cocoa, Cassava, palm oil, tomatoes then but the discovery of CRUDE OIL made us lose everything

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by kelvindj98: 7:59pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
No keep it. Dont worry Dollar will enter 3000 naira next week. smiley

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xammie001(m): 7:59pm On Mar 25
Geovanni412:

We hope so , that way we can stop fussing about exchange rate

Even people wey never change dollar for their life now dey discuss the rate .

where's the lie bro
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 8:00pm On Mar 25
EMONFASHION65:
Dollar is appreciating at 1400 and we are rejoicing.Do you remember that dollar was 700 few months ago?.Are we moving forward or backward?
It's when it gets to 2000/$ people should rejoice

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by lexy2014: 8:00pm On Mar 25
Putindbutt:
Bayo Onanuga warned them last week but they think he was joking, sell those dollars now before it ends in maximum tears.

what did he warn?

is this market forces at work or the government controlling the price of the dollar as was done before the so called floating?

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by PHAYOL81: 8:01pm On Mar 25
Anything to make naira continue its gains is welcomed. The stronger the naira, the stronger the economy;and the stronger the foreign investors confidence in the local market.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

WE RISE!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25
Thank God!
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by lexy2014: 8:02pm On Mar 25
Paraman:
It's when it gets to 2000/$ people should rejoice

but is this not the same APC lamenting and wailing that a dollar to N200 was too high?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by lexy2014: 8:03pm On Mar 25
Xammie001:

what makes you think Nigeria does not already have enough to feed 300million people?

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by stevups(m): 8:03pm On Mar 25
Engrbee:
Dollar go still rise, no be naija we dey so

If dollar rise, it rises for you and yours alone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

$9.3m Scandal: Oritsejafor violated Company Law, Says Falana / Court Suspends Secret Trial Of Nnamdi Kanu / Who Do You Think Will Win Presidential Election In Your State? Which State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.