Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far (65580 Views)

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 9:37pm On Apr 01
Iamzik:

On the contrary you are the one who is displaying low self esteem.

A rational human being left the position of CFO in his own country to go drive forklift in another man's country while consoling himself with a false sense of exchange rate that is totally irrelevant to him in that country.

Feel free to go and join him to drive forklift but stop putting out totally illogical takes. Y'all have never travelled or lived abroad that's why you make these baseless comparisons
a lot of the are just daft ...period

3 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maasoap(m): 9:38pm On Apr 01
shoodboi2:

I disagree with this. 65 year old Australians work because they have nothing to fall back on. Work isn't fun and doesn't enable them to exercise their bodies. Work is even more brutal over there.

These western nations -- US, Canada, France, Australia, and others -- are extremely capitalist. They want to take the last drop of your soul out of you and require you to keep working to pay bills after bills after bills for your daily survival.

The average Nigerian retires at 58 - 65 and is still able to live a decent life almost comparable to when they were working.

You can never compare that to Australia where they have to work into their 80s to keep body and soul together. And when they're no longer able to work anymore, they're thrown into an old people's home and the cycle continues.

You're new to the system, so it's still "freaking" you. You even hope to get your accounting job back someday. I hate to be the one to say this, but the possibility of you getting that job back is very low.

You've already been sucked into, and will continue to be sucked into, this forklifting/labouring career and the longer you stay in it, the harder it is to switch to accounting.

You guys are just freaking brutal. I'm really enjoying this thread, full of different perspectives

4 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Divinerace(m): 9:40pm On Apr 01
Usefulsense:

Australia really humbled me. Imagine a financial controller in Nigeria now picking and packing cartons in warehouses in Australia.
It is better to be a king in the village than a slave in the city

4 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by chidi4sam(m): 9:44pm On Apr 01
AmuDimpka:
how many Aussies based Nigeria invest home ...no be if you fit afford air ticket home that you will be bothered to come back to supervise your investment

Wish you luck bro ...you will not come home again and your kids can't cont home again ! Trust me ! Many Nigerians in Europe that is less taj 8 hours are finding it extremely hard to bring their kids home how much more you that is over 20 hours flight with tons of stop overs

Let's tell ourselves the truth ! You and your kids will never come home again..if you are Igbo! Do your will let your brothers take your inherited land ! Cos it is super rare to see Aussies based Nigerians come home

Money for ticket no he here

This guy sef. Let me allow you wallow in your ignorance. Flight tick is the least concern I have Sir. Only working on Sunday alone will secure my to and fro flight ticket to Nigeria. Get sense abeg.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 9:46pm On Apr 01
chidi4sam:

This guy sef. Let me allow you wallow in your ignorance. Flight tick is the least concern I have Sir. Only working on Sunday alone will secure my to and fro flight ticket to Nigeria. Get sense abeg.
na lie! At 48 yrs you should be bothered of retirement or floating your own accounting firm ...but you didn't , you left all the connections , contact and experience to be doing forklift and warehouse jobs

Well good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 9:48pm On Apr 01
shoodboi2:

I disagree with this. 65 year old Australians work because they have nothing to fall back on. Work isn't fun and doesn't enable them to exercise their bodies. Work is even more brutal over there.

These western nations -- US, Canada, France, Australia, and others -- are extremely capitalist. They want to take the last drop of your soul out of you and require you to keep working to pay bills after bills after bills for your daily survival.

The average Nigerian retires at 58 - 65 and is still able to live a decent life almost comparable to when they were working.

You can never compare that to Australia where they have to work into their 80s to keep body and soul together. And when they're no longer able to work anymore, they're thrown into an old people's home and the cycle continues.

You're new to the system, so it's still "freaking" you. You even hope to get your accounting job back someday. I hate to be the one to say this, but the possibility of you getting that job back is very low.

You've already been sucked into, and will continue to be sucked into, this forklifting/labouring career and the longer you stay in it, the harder it is to switch to accounting.

Lord bless you for this truth ...imagine a professional accountant travelling with millions to be a labourer

It doesn't make sense anywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Usefulsense: 9:54pm On Apr 01
Mcslize:

I want you to be honest with me. I want to ask you a very important question, and I will need your most honest answer.

As a young man in his mid 30th, I am already on the process to relocate to Australia through the skilled migration route. Latest 2026 ending, I should be with you guys.

Now, will you advice me to marry before coming to Australia or come single? I need your most honest reply on this. Cuz right now I nor even dey any relationship o.

My candid answer is marry a good woman. Look for a nurse or a nursing student. Thank me when you get to Australia.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by chidi4sam(m): 9:58pm On Apr 01
AmuDimpka:
na lie! At 48 yrs you should be bothered of retirement or floating your own accounting firm ...but you didn't , you left all the connections , contact and experience to be doing forklift and warehouse jobs

Well good luck!

Hahahahahahaha. I really understand your frustration. Just take it easy with yourself. Life is hard but it becomes harder when you are jealous. You run your life but please, don't detect how others run theirs. We are not accountable to you.
I don port oh, I don port oh, I don port to Australia.. chop Nigeria and everything you can lay your hand on.
I can as well give you my inherited properties in Nigeria if that will make you happy..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by IbeOkehie: 9:59pm On Apr 01
Gerrard59:

To be fair though, I write from my own perspective. I have little connections with my extended families (on both sides). I don't plan to build any house in Nigeria as my parents have built enough. I have just two siblings (all grown and done with higher education). I'm not married neither do I have children.

So maybe, I am "elitist" in my views even though I don't have an elitist background or upbringing. But then, it's the reason I advocate for young people, especially young men, not to marry anyhow and born plenty children. It's the reason I kick against having children out of wedlock. Life is hard already, especially for black African males, people shouldn't make it harder.

I would be surprised if you return to Nigeria. I understand the aspect of living in a place where people look like you. But last I checked, Nigeria isn't the only black dominated country. There exists other places which are safer and quieter. The die-put-mentality-in-Nigeria, especially held by Igbos, has to change.

That makes sense. Your perspective is different from mine. We all come to the world with varied traits, talents, backgrounds and financial or social capital. Thanks for the insight. I always get something from you.

I don't think ANY Black dominated country is worth trusting my life to. We all know why Botswana and Namibia are as good as they are, though they're still VERY poor and economically UNDERDEVELOPED.

Good Luck to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maasoap(m): 10:04pm On Apr 01
chidi4sam:

Australia, there is a training called first Aid and CPR you MUST undergo before you start work. This is to know what to do in cases of reptiles emergency. Even though Australia is a home of reptiles, it is very hard and difficult to see. People who have stayed here for over 20years keep say the only places they gave seen reptiles are in the zoo and on TV.
The case would be different in rural areas if there is anything like that

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Usefulsense: 10:06pm On Apr 01
Iamzik:

Do you spend naira in Australia? If not then the mental conversion to naira is totally irrelevant. Because your expenses are in AUD

At 1600 AUD how many years will it take you to pay off a mortgage?

Working in the warehouse is just temporary.
Apart from people who came in through sponsorship, almost everyone started from warehouse at least to for the first 6 months.

I compared my savings with my gross in Nigeria. Remember it is what I save and it will most likely be converted to naira to commence development of my empty plot in Nigeria when the time comes.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Giantsking: 10:10pm On Apr 01
Usefulsense:
Before I commence my story, I want to specifically thank those who advised me not to travel. Your advise was borne out of genuine love and concern. One stated clearly that I should not leave known for unknown.

However, taking the bold step to leave Nigeria at the time I did was the best decision I ever made in my life. In fact, given the same scenario and even if I am 52 and my salary was #2million per month, I will still leave Nigeria.

The first 2 months was very difficult. The mistake I made was my insistence on getting accounting job. I did over 60 applications and all of them were rejected. I have no Australian experience neither do I have Australian certification.

My wifey was indeed an angle in human form. She provided the needed support. She shouldered all the financial responsibilities all by herself. This is the part that almost pushed me into depression. As an Igboman, we consider it a taboo for our women to feed, house and cloth us.

After two months, I decided it was time to re-strategize. I enrolled for a forklift training and within two week, I obtained my forklift license.
Not satisfied with that, I took some courses and did some checks that will qualify me to go into disability support work. I obtained First aid certificate, Diploma in mental health, certificate in infection prevention and control, certificate in care for the aged and disabled, police check, working with children checks, NDIS worker check, NDIS orientation certificate and many more.

I started applying for warehouse jobs. In fact, I had to reject a lot of them. I settled for one of the warehouses and it has been awesome working for the organization.

I have not gotten what I am looking for yet. I am using the warehouse to keep body and soul together. In the warehouse where I work, you will see people of different ages. from 18 years to 65 years working and making a good living. in Australia, there is always something to do.

The only thing I miss, is the big man mentality we have in Nigeria. Where I will sit in my office, call one of my staff in intercom and ask for a cup of coffee; and it will be brought to me in seconds. You can't try that rubbish here.

The level of security here is top notch. I have no fear, i move about anytime of the day/night.

After one week in Australia, I concluded that Nigeria is a completely lawless country and an animal jungle. Here everything is ordered. I am yet to hear a driver blow his car horn while driving. There are no touts, there are no omoniles. Electricity has never blinked for one second. water is constant, gas is there. I have never seen two persons fighting in the street. I have never seen a mad man or woman on the road or street beggars. The air we breath here is different from the air we breath in Nigeria.

It was in Australia that I realized that the saying in Nigeria that Nigerian police is your friend is actually true. Break the law in Nigeria and police catches you, just give them #2,000 you are off the hook. And the circle of lawlessness continues. Here, it is a different ball game. Proposing bribe will be used as evidence against you. It doesn't matter who you are. Every one is civil.

While in Nigeria I suffered malaria every month. There is no month I don't treat malaria. Since I got to this country, I have never had headache let alone malaria.

Children are doing wonderfully well at school and are already speaking through their nose.

In conclusion, I made the best choice. Even though I have not really found the kind of job I want to do, the little I am doing now contributes in paying bills and I have savings more than my monthly gross per month in Nigeria.

If you are above 45 years and have your partner already in this country, and you are an employee of a company, it is in your best interest to leave Nigeria. Provided, of course, that you are healthy and you are not lazy.

One dark side to moving abroad is that you have more chances of being divorced by your wife. This is a story for another day as I have gathered enough reason on why families divorce and will create a thread on this someday.

I am open to any question you may have.
. I am so glad to hear this, Australia has been my dream country and I believe God that one day I will get there

5 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maasoap(m): 10:12pm On Apr 01
jedisco:

My brother you don't need to convince folks. There are things experience teaches.

Folks in Nigeria used to lording it over the many poor would struggle to understand the concept of dignity in labour.

For example, in the UK, the salary of an MP (similar to a senator) is just about 4x that of a full-time minimum wage employee. For Nigeria to come close, that would mean our senators would be paid 120- 140k. Hehe..

Pay out there is largely due to what you bring to the table and if you provide a service others need. A plumber in the west would earn far higher that many folks with masters degree

This is also obtainable in Nigeria as well. Artisans in Nigeria won't accept salary jobs unless they will be allowed to continue doing their handwork
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Zenas212(m): 10:15pm On Apr 01
[quote author=Usefulsense post=129158822]Last year, I sought the opinion of Nairalanders concerning my plan to move to Australia.
My major worry was my age (48) and also considering that my net salary in Nigeria was a little over a million Naira per month as the financial controller of a manufacturing company in Onitsha.

Below is the link to the thread I opened to seek peoples advice and I recommend that you go through the thread to fully appreciate
the story that follows.

[url=https://www.nairaland.com/7825207/japa-confused-please-advise][/url]. I promised to tell my story after 3 months of my stay in Australia.

I finally left Nigeria on December 7th, 2023 and arrived the country on December 9th with my children. Today, I am exactly 3 months, 2 weeks and 6 days old in Sydney, australia.

This is not a hearsay, it is not an eye witness account, it is my story.

This is intended to guide people who maybe planning to travel outside Nigeria. Should you migrate at an age over 45 or not?

Those who told me not to go are right and those who told me to travel are also right.

Given another opportunity, will I take the decision to move out of Nigeria at 48? Have I made a mistake? How am I surviving?

You will find out in this thread.

To be continued shortly .........

[I am in Sydney. Have been here for almost 5 years. It's such a beautiful country. Are you able to msg me, sir, I have something to discuss with you. Thank you]

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Villa12(m): 10:18pm On Apr 01
AmuDimpka:

That dude will not return ..how many Australian based Nigerians do return ! They basically can't afford the ticket period
bitter soul. Jealousy and envy go kill you last last.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maasoap(m): 10:22pm On Apr 01
TNORWAY:
you have been like that on every travel thread....... bitter old man.

So, trying to correct wrong notions makes him a bitter old man? Nigerians and this abroad mentality, chai!

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maasoap(m): 10:35pm On Apr 01
Usefulsense:
I want to sincerely thank everyone who had contributed one way or the other in this thread.

One point I didn't state here is that I sent my wifey more than two years ago on student visa.

We are currently being sponsored by her employers.

I wouldn't have embarked on this journey if I wasn't sure of having my papers.

Thus it was a lot easier for me because my partner was already here before I came with the children.

To make it fast here at my age, ensure you come with your wife. Both of you will together make it faster especially if none of you is selfish.

Wifey bought me car as soon as I landed here. This is because, to get a job here, you need a car. In fact, in some job adverts, it is an important requirement.

Don't come alone at my age especially if you have no pathway to getting your papers. It is very difficult to get papers except you are under sponsorship.

To come here, please do the following:

1. Learn how to barb. The importance of this cannot be over emphasised. If you are the type that visits barbing saloon every week like me, learn how to barb.

I barb myself and my son every week thereby saving over 160 dollars every month.

2. Learn how to drive. This one is also very important. Please it is in your best interest to do that.

3. Forget some of your cloths in Nigeria. The mistake I made is that I came with all my corporate wears. My suits, trousers, good shirts and ties etc. The are useless here. Come with enough jeans, chinos, pollos, canvas, winter wears, cardigans etc.

4. Come with food ingredients. Till today, I find it difficult to eat some of the sugary foods here. Thank God I came with loads and loads of egusi, ogbono, scent leave, crayfish, Maggi, ogiri, pumpkin leave, utazi, ukwa, ukpaka, pepper, etc.

My bag wasn't checked at the Sydney Airport.

5. Treat malaria before coming. There are no malaria here.

6. Go and learn a skill. Eg forklift driving (counterbalance and high reach). You will most likely start from a warehouse when you land here.

7. Have some money at hand for the first few weeks of your stay before you come in.

8. As soon as you get in here, please network and find other Nigerians. This is very important. Here in Australia, Nigerians behave like brothers in helping you to settle in. Note that nobody will give you money.

It was yorubas that helped me so much in finding a job through their contacts. My fellow igbo brothers were there for me too.

9. Finally, when everything has failed, hold on to God tightly. I am a living witness.

You carefully avoided many mistakes other travel aspirants usually make

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by lacasera14(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01
PS712:

Can we rest already! Scrutinize, constructively criticize, but don't end up derailing the thread or slowing down its progress simply for reasons best known to you. There is a level of insecurity everywhere in the world, that's true. But you can't compare security in Nigeria and that of Australia, going as far as stating that you know "big men" in Nigeria who have security because they go about with security men, like seriously?
He stated that he was a boss (in his own right) and you say he wasn't "boss" enough that's why? In Nigeria about 2 weeks ago military men (including exalted ranking officer, Lt. Col.) were killed..., a Brig. Gen. was killed some time ago in Borno, not to mention several others, weren't these "bosses" enough? Must it be a governor or Senator? During the Book launch by Femi Adesina, Prof. Osinbajo narrated discussion he had with his boss (former PMB) when he told Buhari he wanted to visit the Niger Delta to find solution to insecurity that caused drop in Crude production, what did he say Buhari told him? That he (Osinbajo) should not make it to the news as first vice president to be kidnapped. That wasn't a joke. That was a president telling his vice that he could be kidnapped and the VP shelved/aborted that mission.
Accepting that things in Nigeria are not the way they should be (and as obtainable in saner climes) is among the first steps to solving our problems.
In your wildest imagination, you think the vice president can be kidnapped in Nigeria? Is that how bad the insecurity is? Or is it the same Nigeria we both in. Don't draw such unserious analogy next time again.

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maasoap(m): 10:44pm On Apr 01
Princedapace:

Thank god for tech, we dont need to go thru wahala! My best decision in life was switching to tech two years ago. We can even live in Namibia, SA, UK, US, Nigeria, anywhere and be fine.
I no get energy to do all these stresss when una dey do! I wish u all the best. My guy wey dey UK dey do Night shift. Lol, god forbid! Nigeria is bad shaa, but omo, there are things I cant do .
A brother in the hood moved abroad like 16 years ago, he's still doing night guard in addition to day jobs till now. The last time I did real work with my hands for money was 2018! Investment, not engaging in any form of scam.

BTW: how did you switch to tech? I want switch away from this transport biz in two years time, I have lost appetite

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Usefulsense: 10:58pm On Apr 01
I opened this thread for intelligent discourse and to enlighten people in weighing their options.

I see alot of persons turning it to a platform to insult others.

Please let's refrain from attacking people. Thank you.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by MT: 11:01pm On Apr 01
chidi4sam:

He was not exaggerating. Australia has the purest air in the world. That is one reason why life expectancy of an Australian is 85years and above. They don't die prematurely here except through accident, which a result of drinking and driving. They actually do live long.

In a bid to exaggerate, you ended up looking like a clown, with an egg yoke smeared across your face grin grin

They don't die prematurely in Australia or what bullshit did you just type? Infact, you should have said when they die, God hands over raw gold to them in heaven.

Do you know how many die prematurely through suicide (https://www.lifeline.org.au/resources/data-and-statistics/) and various illnesses in Australia? Don't be silly, boy.

In term of the size of the economy, Australia is ranked 14th position.

California alone has a bigger economy than australia. If California is a country, it will be the 5th largest economy in the world.

Texas alone has bigger economy than Australia. If Texas is a country, it will be the 8th largest economy in the world, larger than Russia , Canada economy.

New York alone has a bigger economy than Australia. If New York alone is a country, it will be the 10th largest economy in the world.

Australia is not even among the G7.

Your hype is too much. Quit whatever you are smoking

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by PS712: 11:02pm On Apr 01
lacasera14:
In your wildest imagination, you think the vice president can be kidnapped in Nigeria? Is that how bad the insecurity is? Or is it the same Nigeria we both in. Don't draw such unserious analogy next time again.
Why not tell this to former President Buhari who gave the advice to his vice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Benwems(m): 11:05pm On Apr 01
nice.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by MT: 11:15pm On Apr 01
Usefulsense:
I opened this thread for intelligent discourse and to enlighten people in weighing their options.

You, the Op, started insulting Nigeria and her citizens, and from there everything was on a downward spiral.

You could have shared your experience and leave it at that.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Sweetvie: 11:20pm On Apr 01
Usefulsense:

Omo una dey try.
You've spent a lot of time arguing with others. How many travel threads have you seen on Nl lately?None! This is what they're trying to avoid. Do your thing. You don't need to seek anyone's approval or validation.

Welcome to Australia. smiley

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by VAPatrick: 11:26pm On Apr 01
lacasera14:

That means you don’t know how bad the security situation is. Still remember Badeh? The former CDS? Till date we don’t know who his killers are. Even the president himself can be kidnapped, let alone the VP.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Princedapace(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01
maasoap:

A brother in the hood moved abroad like 16 years ago, he's still doing night guard in addition to day jobs till now. The last time I did real work with my hands for money was 2018! I bought land last and completed my building in eight months. Investment, not engaging in any form of scam.

BTW: how did you switch to tech? I want switch away from this transport biz in two years time, I have lost appetite

That is what so many don't know. Well-done bro.
I switched to tech by self taught.

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Melagros(m): 11:30pm On Apr 01
seanwilliam:
Congrats bro .. I hear say anaconda plenty wella for Australia, abeg shey na true? How many u don see grin
You no well grin grin
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Melagros(m): 11:34pm On Apr 01
Usefulsense:
Last year, I sought the opinion of Nairalanders concerning my plan to move to Australia.
My major worry was my age (48) and also considering that my net salary in Nigeria was a little over a million Naira per month as the financial controller of a manufacturing company in Onitsha.

Below is the link to the thread I opened to seek peoples advice and I recommend that you go through the thread to fully appreciate
the story that follows.

[url=https://www.nairaland.com/7825207/japa-confused-please-advise][/url]. I promised to tell my story after 3 months of my stay in Australia.

I finally left Nigeria on December 7th, 2023 and arrived the country on December 9th with my children. Today, I am exactly 3 months, 2 weeks and 6 days old in Sydney, australia.

This is intended to guide people who maybe planning to travel outside Nigeria. Should you migrate at an age over 45 or not?

Those who told me not to go are right and those who told me to travel are also right.

Given another opportunity, will I take the decision to move out of Nigeria at 48? Have I made a mistake? How am I surviving?

Your message really encouraged me, honestly, there was an invitation for me to come to US via Jamaica but due to my age, I'm sceptical, I'm in my early 40s, I'm encouraged now
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Usefulsense: 11:52pm On Apr 01
Melagros:

Your message really encouraged me, honestly, there was an invitation for me to come to US via Jamaica but due to my age, I'm sceptical, I'm in my early 40s, I'm encouraged now
Thanks

I'm happy my story is a source of courage for you.

5 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by rapheal5(m): 12:02am On Apr 02
Princedapace:

Omo, when I see the wahala people go thru in the name of this JAPA, i just know that it cant be me. I just want to love the freedom tech gives me. Na so my guy moved to the UK for the past 3 years now, he has been working in a warehouse, very stressful job, works multiple night shifts daily. Infact, he laments badly. For those who can do such stress, I wish them the best. I cant. Na why i switched to tech since. I can even sleep and wake up and decide to drive out and rest when I want to.
I mean, god bless tech. If I decide to move out today, i can and will not need to do all these wahala. Imagine all the wahala he had to do just to settle in Australia for life wey we all go still die las las grin
Tech remains the best choice I made. Writing codes is fun and building real apps are amazing. And no body go ask me to work for warehouse or do night shifts or do multiple jobs to pay bills.
A friend wey dey UK, another one, where she works, they dont allow them use phones. She always kind of sneak to use her phone. Oh lord, it cant be me. I cant grin
can I learn from you?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Lukonline(m): 12:33am On Apr 02
Usefulsense:
Last year, I sought the opinion of Nairalanders concerning my plan to move to Australia.

the story that follows. Can you please talk about the one dark side, I really want to know now if you have the chance. I mean the divorce talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

South African Man Wakes Up To Find A Lion In His Yard / Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) / South Africa Frustrates Evacuation, Arrests Home-bound Nigerians At Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.