Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far (66109 Views)

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by chidi4sam(m): 7:35am On Apr 02
Bigbrothergisth:

Moving To Australia When You Are 45 And Over

There are exceptions to most visas' age limits.

In situations like this what visa one should take as a Nigerian

At 45, you already have age disadvantage to travel. Your best bet is to invest in your spouse (If she is reliable and trusted) like the OP who did thesame at age 48, and hope everything goes well.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by jrobbins: 7:36am On Apr 02
W0t0w0toman:

Oga, you must be investigated for stealing and fraudulent activities. How can a common banker have capital to invest in all the businesses you mentioned as well as sending your family abroad? Oga, you be onyeoshi aka pen robber.

I invited this insult to myself by commenting. 23 years working experience isn't a small thing. I am favoured too as my grandpa planted lots of cashew not knowing it'd become gold in the future(now). (Ask anyone in Kogi about cashew nuts)

Information is power though, The average monthly salary of an experienced banker of high cadre isn't in 6 digits. We also have access to more credit facilities than you can imagine.

Please read all of Brian Tracy's book and Flashes of thoughts By Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum then change your mentality.

You don't need to steal to grow. Time and chance, then God's grace, is all that's necessary to improve your life.

Ciao

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by TNORWAY: 7:36am On Apr 02
maasoap:

So, trying to correct wrong notions makes him a bitter old man? Nigerians and this abroad mentality, chai!
sodiki rest.....you only correct what is wrong.

Don't try to sound too smart... because you are not.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by TNORWAY: 7:39am On Apr 02
AmuDimpka:

That's a lie trust me ! Toilet cleaners are at the lowest rung of any career in any part of the world they can't afford basics like vacation and good access to healthcare! UK is worse that I know

I have many friends that has been in waiting list to see a doctor for weeks that's what you can't see in Nigeria

A bank manager in Nigeria is a big boy and can afford to travel and spend weeks in any country and be back ..that is what a toilet cleaner can do even in Sydney

We have ton of poor people in Australia abeg ! Don't you think some of us don't travel.

There are damn poor people everywhere in the world that's the truth just that the West have a way of covering theirs ...the USA and UK have tons of very poor people that is even worse than Nigeria
did you even check the Date of what you posted.....werey grin
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by W0t0w0toman: 8:09am On Apr 02
jrobbins:

I invited this insult to myself by commenting. 23 years working experience isn't a small thing. I am favoured too as my grandpa planted lots of cashew not knowing it'd become gold in the future(now). (Ask anyone in Kogi about cashew nuts)

Information is power though, The average monthly salary of an experienced banker of high cadre isn't in 6 digits. We also have access to more credit facilities than you can imagine.

Please read all of Brian Tracy's book and Flashes of thoughts By Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum then change your mentality.

You don't need to steal to grow. Time and chance, then God's grace, is all that's necessary to improve your life.

Ciao

You never begin talk true, just admit that you were one of the bankers that wrecked Nigerian economy through foreign exchange roundtripping. You think we don't know how you get dollars at official rate and go and sell to aboki at over 50% profit? I have access to credit facilities yen yen yen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 8:48am On Apr 02
TNORWAY:
did you even check the Date of what you posted.....werey grin
so you dey pursue date now....chai

Werey
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 8:50am On Apr 02
W0t0w0toman:

Ol boy, this your envy pass witchcraft o. This one na real demon masquerading as a human being. Anyways, yamayama keep falling on your dirty bald head till you get sense
envy kee...why is it when someone state the obvious u call iy envy do yiu know if i travel

I lost my friend years in Lagos ..he loved so many years in Singapore had his kids there he came back at 60s ..they all want to come back at 60s he came back alone none of the kids came back with him dude had prostate nobody to take care of him ...with all the money he died lonely in his house here in Lagos his body decomposed for weeks in his apartment here in Lagos beforehand neighbours knew

His wife and kids in Singapore didn't even bother to come give him final burial ...

At some age we should be careful ...dude this is not envy...why should I envy him? Do I know him ?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 8:53am On Apr 02
chidi4sam:

I am beginning to think your family is under serious satanic siege. You guys need family deliverance ASAP to cutoff all negative evil reoccurance. Only you, your family members are stranded in Australia and cannot afford flight ticket back to Nigeria. Now, another two members of your family died in US without coming home.
Who una offend? May their souls rest in peace
he has gone spiritual...wetin concern me with satanic sage .I am telling you the truth and you are going spiritual

Bro ...I wish you luck sir ! But at 48yrs trust me that is what I will not do ! It's better than I travel as I do now spend a week or two outside and come back and focus on my business that labouring wage jobs at 50s

I don't pray for that...that's my own view !

You fit call am satanic whatever but I hate working for people period
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 8:54am On Apr 02
maasoap:

So, trying to correct wrong notions makes him a bitter old man? Nigerians and this abroad mentality, chai!
I don't get these kids here...they think some of us haven't travelled we just tell them so they don't make mistakes

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 8:56am On Apr 02
jrobbins:

Ciao

why lecture the clown....

Asians are coming in and making a killing here...leave all these wage slave boys they think it's easy there

Who no go no go know
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 8:59am On Apr 02
Iamzik:

Just one question for you...
Is Op spending in AUD or Naira?
Is he converting his salary to naira to send back home?

If No then your comparison is needless. You can never compare a successful CFO in Nigeria to a Forklift operator anywhere in the world.
exactly that is what I have been telling these kids

A CFO in Nigeria travelled to be a forklift operator in Australia can't say that is a progress ! Even if you earn millions , career wise he is under employed

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 9:06am On Apr 02
W0t0w0toman:

You and your friend are very dumb. Yamayama fall on your friend's bald head in his dirty grave. When woman full Lagos wey dey find man wey go marry them put for house, na him your eye Friend come dey dull. Why your friend no marry 2nd wife? Una 2 be mugu

Oga at some age ...you realise that you have made mistake

90% of people abroad fear this scenery I painted ...they fear loneliness cos they will come home one day. The big question is ;WILL THE KIDS VISIT THEM HERE OR THERE IN OLD PEOPLE'S HOME ?"

.It's a rhetorical question and I don't expect you to answer that. Think before you leap
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by rapheal5(m): 9:06am On Apr 02
Princedapace:

You can if you can pay
How much?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by TNORWAY: 9:09am On Apr 02
AmuDimpka:
so you dey pursue date now....chai

Werey
envy keee you there...

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by TNORWAY: 9:10am On Apr 02
AmuDimpka:

Oga at some age ...you realise that you have made mistake

90% of people abroad fear this scenery I painted ...they fear loneliness cos they will come home one day. The big question is ;WILL THE KIDS VISIT THEM HERE OR THERE IN OLD PEOPLE'S HOME ?"

.It's a rhetorical question and I don't expect you to answer that. Think before you leap
justwise

We might just lose our last beautiful travel thread please do something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by rapheal5(m): 9:14am On Apr 02
MT:

I admitted to your assertion that post covid bubble for IT will be gone but other sectors will be badly affected.

Ask yourself what caused the post covid bubble - many people who did not have the IT fundamentals sneaked into IT. They go into area of IT that is not so steep and these are the people that do not even understand what a "class" in IT means or how the tech ecosystem connects.

Many roles were created which did not require you to be steep in IT. Tech gets bloated.

These are the people that would be swept away. Tech will hold on to individuals with solid skill sets.

I just told you I rejected an 800 GBP per day job. I am negotiating for a 1000 GBP per day and we are still on it. I work on AI projects across the continents as well.

If you want to go into tech, understand the fundamental, have interest to create magic , not for the money alone.

A lot of companies want to build AI for their processes. The opportunities are bigger than they have always been, if you are thoroughly skilled!
Boss come mentor me biko..
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Olumighty123(m): 9:15am On Apr 02
AmuDimpka:
it is not been bitter thats the reality i have seen two of my people buried in USA that is near not to talk if Australia the no eve fit come back

Una think say air ticket na beans for moi moi ..long haul

Person wey fit afford ticket go, no fit afford ticket to come back? What is the basis of your argument really? 🤔

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 9:31am On Apr 02
Olumighty123:

Person wey fit afford ticket go, no fit afford ticket to come back? What is the basis of your argument really? 🤔
bro....you will not understand till you get there ask around bro
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 9:32am On Apr 02
W0t0w0toman:

Mugu, stop asking stuupid questions. A man can remarry at any age as long as he gets money. Na foolish man dey die of loneliness. Received sense

Son I said Rhetorical question

You don't need to be abusive...I don't know why you are angry ! Is truth paining you
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by W0t0w0toman: 9:42am On Apr 02
AmuDimpka:

Son I said Rhetorical question

You don't need to be abusive...I don't know why you are angry ! Is truth paining you

Lazy youth. Yamayama fall on your bald head till you get sense.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 9:50am On Apr 02
W0t0w0toman:

Lazy youth. Yamayama fall on your bald head till you get sense.
this one gets bad mouth....and pained
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Treadway: 9:50am On Apr 02
jrobbins:

Ciao

crisp and succinct, just like your previous post.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Inosky(m): 10:01am On Apr 02
At any point you have the opportunity to live this country, no matter the age, please do.

Even old Nigerians abroad wouldn't wish to comeback, only old crim!nal politicians do in order to keep milking the country and destroying the future of the young and unborn generations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by benchosky(m): 10:03am On Apr 02
LoL..this kind man na WA ooooo, 😂
AmuDimpka:

How...I find it hard and annoying seeing Nigerian overseas doing jobs that they can't even make any headway in life ...no think say some of us don't travel the truth many Nigerians overseas regret their decision but shame no dey let them ...Bros make we no brag here

Maybe this your first trio outside Africa na why you dey jump up and down... Some of us don't even see anything bug about this...I don't dey travel sponsored by companies abeg

But I wish you luck in your Aussie but that was a wrong move trust me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Villa12(m): 10:32am On Apr 02
AmuDimpka:
it is not been bitter thats the reality i have seen two of my people buried in USA that is near not to talk if Australia the no eve fit come back

Una think say air ticket na beans for moi moi ..long haul
Interesting

That means your family is cursed. No wonder you're this bitter, envy and jealous of successful people. I understand your condition. May God deliver your family from bondage and affliction.

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 10:38am On Apr 02
Villa12:
Interesting

That means your family is cursed. No wonder you're this bitter, envy and jealous of successful people. I understand your condition. May God deliver your family from bondage and affliction.
my guy calm down ! Ranting online doesn't help your case

Please calm down
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Villa12(m): 10:50am On Apr 02
jrobbins:

Ciao

please sir can you help me with a job either in the banking or any other sector you know. I believe with your years of experience, you should have the welwithal to link me up. I have a strong 2.1 result, though in the environmental science discipline. Please how can you be of help?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 234GT(m): 11:24am On Apr 02
W0t0w0toman:

You never begin talk true, just admit that you were one of the bankers that wrecked Nigerian economy through foreign exchange roundtripping. You think we don't know how you get dollars at official rate and go and sell to aboki at over 50% profit? I have access to credit facilities yen yen yen

Keep quiet baba...a deputy manager earns 20 million naira annually after tax and pension deductions....and once you become a full manager, you get a brand new status car to be changed by the bank every 3 years....an ordinary BO has access to 11M as staff car loan.....
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maasoap(m): 12:07pm On Apr 02
TNORWAY:
sodiki rest.....you only correct what is wrong.

Don't try to sound too smart... because you are not .
You might need to walk across the length and breath of Nigeria before you come across any other soul who's smarter than me. Ain't joking

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.