Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register (29372 Views)

Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient / Coronavirus: Body Of Nigerian Nurse In US Removed From Her Home (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Neyo007(m): 9:39pm On Mar 29
rentAcock:
I tried my best to read the entire news article but I'm sorry the author needs to learn how to write concisely with less obfuscation. The Nigerian nurse in question should see this suspension as a blessing in disguise. Abroad is not meant for Africans and the White man will quickly remind you for any little mistakes or transgressions.

It seems like she was caught signing off medications as given when she didn't give them. She was investigated and fired as a result but then she applied for other jobs without disclosing that she had been previously investigated and fired. In otherwords, she lied in her job application which may be grounds for termination in the UK.

Fine, but how many Whites kill patients by overdosing or giving them the wrong medications without any repercussions? They probably sweep it under the table and erase any papertrail that shows negligence but when an African lies about giving common antibiotics, they want to burn her on the stake like a witch.

Nigerians abroad aren't you tired of being 3rd class citizens in the White man's land? You all go there to do one of the following occupations: support worker/nurse assistant ( glorified nyash cleaners), security guard, taxi drivers and nurse. After all the hard labor, insults and abuse, the government will still deduct federal, state, city, Medicare, medicaid,
and disability taxes from it. In essence you slave away and then the government will deduct 40% from your check for taxes. On top of that, you still have to pay very high rent and sales tax on anything you buy. What kind of life is that?

These countries have no natural resources so they depend on human resources which is what you are. You are meant to slave away and pay crazy taxes so they can fund their budget. Nigeria doesn't tax her citizens this much because we are blessed with natural resources unlike UK and most of these European countries.

Imagine a nurse of 20yrs is still saying she's "financially desperate" and that's why she didn't disclose the prior investigation to her new employer. After 20yrs shouldn't she be financially buoyant and thinking of a lofty retirement? Instead she still needs to work just to make ends meet and you people call that life?

It's not late for Nigerians living abroad to return home. You can venture into more lucrative businesses here without cleaning poop. Nobody will call you a Niggger either and your life span will be longer.
Yours is also an epistle Na..

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by eyinjuege: 9:41pm On Mar 29
Lying about giving medication especially insulin, antibiotics when you have not can have serious consequences for patients.
As a health care worker, you find yourself going above and beyond in ensuring your patients have the best care possible.
Don't let your actions or inactions contribute to their demise
And please, never put yourself in a situation where you will tell lies in the health care settings.
You can never win that battle

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by enemyofprogress: 9:41pm On Mar 29
Gandrova:
You have no sense at all.
Hatred for Islam will give you B.P
I pity the dude that will marry you undecided
e pain am. Tell your people to stop killing others
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Jman06(m): 9:41pm On Mar 29
dalongjnr:
Sorry for her.
UK system is self regulating but any system can be exploited and manipulated.
She's just a victim of the system because the other white people are doing the same thing but they cover for themselves.
You must think that whites are like Nigerians that make rules just for the sake of making rules. The system over there is such that laws are not just made but are thoroughly enforced.

Nigeria is in ruins today because after making fantastic laws that would serve the interests of Nigerians, we slumber when it comes to regulation and enforcement, thereby giving room for people to break the rules recklessly. A country that doesn't respect rule of law is a very useless country and breeds anarchy!
Take for instance, we have fantastic laws that are well crafted to regulate the Nigerian drug markets in order to protect Nigerians from the effects of fake drugs and misuse of drugs by quaks. We even went ahead to create agencies with responsibilities of regulating and enforcement those laws, but these agencies like PCN go to sleep while unscrupulous people continually violate these laws whilst sending ignorant Nigerians to their early graves! Same applies to other sectors!

The question is, why make laws when you're not ready to enforce same It is the height of foolishness to do that.

I'm sure this nurse might have thought that the lawlessness in Nigeria is also allowed in the UK, that was why she committed those offences. The white man does not joke with their laws because they know that a lawless society is a time bomb. It is by making laws and carefully enforcing them that western societies have been able to develop and become the toast of people from lawless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by lapo(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29
rentAcock:
I tried my best to read the entire news article but I'm sorry the author needs to learn how to write concisely with less obfuscation. The Nigerian nurse in question should see this suspension as a blessing in disguise. Abroad is not meant for Africans and the White man will quickly remind you for any little mistakes or transgressions.

It seems like she was caught signing off medications as given when she didn't give them. She was investigated and fired as a result but then she applied for other jobs without disclosing that she had been previously investigated and fired. In otherwords, she lied in her job application which may be grounds for termination in the UK.

Fine, but how many Whites kill patients by overdosing or giving them the wrong medications without any repercussions? They probably sweep it under the table and erase any papertrail that shows negligence but when an African lies about giving common antibiotics, they want to burn her on the stake like a witch.

Nigerians abroad aren't you tired of being 3rd class citizens in the White man's land? You all go there to do one of the following occupations: support worker/nurse assistant ( glorified nyash cleaners), security guard, taxi drivers and nurse. After all the hard labor, insults and abuse, the government will still deduct federal, state, city, Medicare, medicaid,
and disability taxes from it. In essence you slave away and then the government will deduct 40% from your check for taxes. On top of that, you still have to pay very high rent and sales tax on anything you buy. What kind of life is that?

These countries have no natural resources so they depend on human resources which is what you are. You are meant to slave away and pay crazy taxes so they can fund their budget. Nigeria doesn't tax her citizens this much because we are blessed with natural resources unlike UK and most of these European countries.

Imagine a nurse of 20yrs is still saying she's "financially desperate" and that's why she didn't disclose the prior investigation to her new employer. After 20yrs shouldn't she be financially buoyant and thinking of a lofty retirement? Instead she still needs to work just to make ends meet and you people call that life?

It's not late for Nigerians living abroad to return home. You can venture into more lucrative businesses here without cleaning poop. Nobody will call you a Niggger either and your life span will be longer.

I gave your comment a like, but dishonesty has no place anywhere including Africa .

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:02pm On Mar 29
turmacs:
God knows when I'm ready to leave this zoo, you see UK, America, Canada, and any other country that most Nigerians and Muslims like to immigrate to, i go dey avoid those countries like plague. In the next 50 years, the UK and US will be over run by blacks and muslims, and you know what happens When does two sets people become the majority grin I will look for a country that Africans and Muslims in general hate to immigrate to, a country that has very low tolerance for religious bullsh*t especially islam but is still developed and first world, na there i dey go raise my children grin
a country like where?
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Calitoscassius(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29
dalongjnr:
Sorry for her.
She's just a victim of the system because the other white people are doing the same thing but they cover for themselves.
Rubbish, no white people is doing anything and covering it, a Nurse goes about putting patients in danger and you think it its about white people and black people. Imagine if this nurse is caring for you while you are ill on her ward. Besides, so if the white people are doing it she should also join in the doing it and covering up.

I hope they struck her off!

4 Likes

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by tafiya: 10:07pm On Mar 29
turmacs:
God knows when I'm ready to leave this zoo, you see UK, America, Canada, and any other country that most Nigerians and Muslims like to immigrate to, i go dey avoid those countries like plague. In the next 50 years, the UK and US will be over run by blacks and muslims, and you know what happens When does two sets people become the majority grin I will look for a country that Africans and Muslims in general hate to immigrate to, a country that has very low tolerance for religious bullsh*t especially

islam but is still developed and first world, na there i dey go raise my children grin

I wish you luck.
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Calitoscassius(m): 10:12pm On Mar 29
I hope she is struck off! A Nurse messing about with patients lives, this how all these bloody quack nurses goes causing patients deaths in hospitals in Naigeeria, she thinks she can do the same in the UK. She even tried to lie about it,

Once they start rejecting her that is it for her, now that news has gone round about her lies and misconducts, no hospital would employ her, they would not want patients deaths on their wards witb nurse like her.
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Gandrova: 10:15pm On Mar 29
enemyofprogress:
e pain am. Tell your people to stop killing others
It shows you are myopic in reasoning cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Calitoscassius(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29
eyinjuege:
Lying about giving medication especially insulin, antibiotics when you have not can have serious consequences for patients.
As a health care worker, you find yourself going above and beyond in ensuring your patients have the best care possible.
Don't let your actions or inactions contribute to their demise
And please, never put yourself in a situation where you will tell lies in the health care settings.
You can never win that battle
I hope she is struck off, she is not fit to be a nurse, so many patients have died as a result of dodgy Nurses like her. Nurses are supposed to save lives and care for sick patients not put their lives and healths in danger. Once news has gone round about her lies and misconducts no trust would employ ner, no trust wants their patients lives put in danger by a quack nurse. She is doomed
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by MasterTeeUSA: 10:37pm On Mar 29
Even if they dont strike her off, she will have to report all these past issues to new employers ...and i doubt any reasonable employer will hire her unless they are nigerians too willing to underpay her to hire her...cos greed of our people exceed care for the public. This Nurse must realize that her actions placed all these employers in positions where they could have been sued for negligence for hiring someone not fit for the job. She has truly entered one chance, and the village people have followed her to UK to finish her. She is probably one of those that showed her husband shege for UK.

ijustdey:
UK authority suspends Nigerian nurse over dishonesty, may strike name off register

The NMC’s panel found that Ms Ogbunaya was dishonest on different occasions with her employers, and she admitted to having breached the order due to financial reasons.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/682037-exclusive-uk-authority-suspends-nigerian-nurse-over-dishonesty-may-strike-name-off-register.html
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by zagorakis(m): 10:43pm On Mar 29
aikyg:
She is very wicked and highly unprofessional. How can you intentionally fail to give insulin to diabetic patients, if not that you want them to die? Most of these people go into nursing just to make money and money only. They do not care about saving lives, which is their primary assignment. I hope she never gets to practice again.
young man you obviously know nothing about the matter, instead of praying she never practices again, first ask to know the circumstances surrounding her not giving that insulin
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by xeju: 10:50pm On Mar 29
Nigerian nurses are predominantly not caring.
1Sharon:
These Nigerian nurses in the UK, won terrible gan. They're only in it for the money, they're not caring.

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by naija4life247: 11:01pm On Mar 29
turmacs:
God knows when I'm ready to leave this zoo, you see UK, America, Canada, and any other country that most Nigerians and Muslims like to immigrate to, i go dey avoid those countries like plague. In the next 50 years, the UK and US will be over run by blacks and muslims, and you know what happens When does two sets people become the majority grin I will look for a country that Africans and Muslims in general hate to immigrate to, a country that has very low tolerance for religious bullsh*t especially islam but is still developed and first world, na there i dey go raise my children grin

This one is typing from the psychiatric hospital

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Josephkabila12: 11:04pm On Mar 29
ijustdey:
UK authority suspends Nigerian nurse over dishonesty, may strike name off register

The NMC’s panel found that Ms Ogbunaya was dishonest on different occasions with her employers, and she admitted to having breached the order due to financial reasons.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/682037-exclusive-uk-authority-suspends-nigerian-nurse-over-dishonesty-may-strike-name-off-register.html
dishonesty, deceit, lies, hatred and envy is their DNA alrea
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by CrossRhodes: 11:10pm On Mar 29
rentAcock:

But they will use tribal slurs to finish her abi?

Isn't it more painful abused by your countrymen than by foreigners?

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by tollyboy5(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29
turmacs:
Some also held this line of thought and are long forgotten in jail as we speak.

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by aikyg(m): 11:27pm On Mar 29
zagorakis:

young man you obviously know nothing about the matter, instead of praying she never practices again, first ask to know the circumstances surrounding her not giving that insulin
Little child, you obviously didn't read the article. They said that she was on duty and was supposed to give antibiotics and insulin to sick patients. She was also required sign the patients' records after she had given them the medications. She then decided not to give them the medications, but went ahead to sign the patient records indicating that she had administered medications even when she knew she did not. Plain wickedness. She should never be allowed to practice in her life. She can go and start carrying trash, cos that's what she is good for.
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by tianshie(m): 11:32pm On Mar 29
dalongjnr:
Sorry for her.

God bless you for this. People in this industry do this on the daily. Not saying it's right, but she is being made a scapegoat because she's a foreigner.
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Benrosaria(m): 12:03am On Mar 30
Once struck out of agency's register,she don turn pauper.

Dishonesty cannot pay and will still kill you Las las
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by ukaface(f): 12:25am On Mar 30
Kelklein:
Nigerian nurses always over-reaching themselves in the UK..🤔🤔
one nurse do something, you don run go pluralise the thing
Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Kelklein(m): 12:41am On Mar 30
ukaface:
one nurse do something, you don run go pluralise the thing
Nawa o

Many of them dey do am.. na this one dem catch
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by olaremint(m): 12:43am On Mar 30
Ignore Amaka
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Willed042(m): 1:38am On Mar 30
turmacs:
For now, China and India are two nations who have insisted in preserving what binds them together. They have staunchly rejected foreign religions. Just like I had said, the UK will be worst hit with their woke hypocrisy. Very soon u will start seeing reforms that would eliminate all Christian symbols. U allowed immigrants from forsaken countries into ur country with their hostile religion and mindset. People who will breed like rats only to tell u they are fastest growing religion because their host have refused to give birth. Tell me how this same people won't capture their political institutions in years to come. A Christian like like UK have a Muslim police chef in the metropolis. Tell me if that can happen in Saudi or Qater.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Willed042(m): 1:40am On Mar 30
YesDaddyTill203:

Israel that calls and treats Christians like Dogs? Yeah.. grin grin grin grin
Good luck.
It is better to have a jew as a neighbour than a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Willed042(m): 1:44am On Mar 30
Gandrova:
You have no sense at all.
Hatred for Islam will give you B.P
I pity the dude that will marry you undecided
It is Islam that hate other religion. Look at what happened in Russia, they claimed attacking Christians...imagine.

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by mukthar2000(m): 2:01am On Mar 30
When we said no place like home , they would turn deaf ear. Imagine this happened in any general hospital in Nigeria, I am very sure nothing would strike her name from register, all issues would be settle .
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Rolings: 2:15am On Mar 30
79733139:

The whites get caught also but nobody reports it on Nairaland, it is only the Nigerian cases that we see here.

Shebi you people say doing such things go to show you people don't cover up for bad abi?
Na now una know say whites dey do am too but because of politics in Nigeria you were praising Chioma for trying to destroy another mans business.....and still telling the rest of us to shut up since its an igbo lady trying to cancel an igbomans business.
Wetin concern me

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Osanoghodua1: 3:06am On Mar 30
Fire her, she's evil. The wickedness she practiced in Nigeria has been continued in a foreign land, if left she may kill patients. Evil axis.
Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by Tats(m): 3:11am On Mar 30
rentAcock:

3rd class citizens? I suppose tribalism is any better. I have never felt or been treated any less than my white peers. As long as people are doing legal jobs, it doesn’t matter what they do to earn a living. Dishonesty has no place in any society.

As much as I lament about the 40% tax, I see what it is used for and have my peace and sanity in this environment. You are asking for people to return home with all the unemployment and underemployment. Won’t it result in more of that? Is it everyone that can run a business?

She said that she was financially desperate. What desperation, if not greed and just using that as a cover up. Let them go investigate her finances and you would be surprised she probably has 2 houses here in the Uk and properties in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register by fearlessfang: 4:19am On Mar 30
Fire her and deport her back to Nigeria. In Nigeria such behavior is allowed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Penile Erection Beyond 30 Minutes Is Harmful To Men - Expert / Ondo Church Attack: Blood Donors Needed At Federal Medical Centre Owo / 6 Provoking Ways You Are Endangering Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.