Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down (32057 Views)

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? / Igbos At Balogun Market In Lagos Have Decided To Come Down To The East / FYNESTDEALS: AMAZON ITEM Orders Made Easy: Place your order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by tuzle(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31
Vinnie2000:

Stop Arguing RUBBISH. undecided

Even ShopRite's AVERAGE size bread is N1700.😒

I will post the picx for you soon. sad
The Oriental item u see is the Bread I am talking about.
it is because of the area he stays. For example last two years when bread was selling for 1k at blenco, at my sister's place at ibadan it was 700. Now the same bread is 1700 at blenco and my sister side they sell bread for 1k.

3 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by BarrElChapo(m): 10:06pm On Mar 31
OlujobaSamuel:

It might be in a different state from you.
I buy bread 800gr loaf in Lagos almost every day for 1100/1200.
I still bought yesterday sef.
Maybe it's in the East or South

The current shoprite bread I’m eating is N1500
There’s the iruka I like it’s it was 1600 before now they’ve stopped producing that size and jacked up their 1400 to 1500.
There’s a lot of bread going for 1700 and above.

Cc paraman.

4 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by SmartMen: 10:08pm On Mar 31
Blakjewelry:

Nope it's not about dollar rather it is just the Nigerian factor. When I was telling people the hike in price has nothing to do with dollar some fools were arguing silly like they understood what is at play, oya dollar dey trade about 1200 something oya make price come down na.

Do you run a business? Tell the entire forum the truth.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by uniquetechng: 10:09pm On Mar 31
iamtoofan:

Oga shutup nd stop feigning clever by half, you claim small bread is 1700, which is false

you are a liar, no add pathetic
Small loaf of banana bread or Spar Classic bread cost more than 1,700 especially on the Island. There are different breads from different companies and their prices varies.
Except you are referring to poorly baked bread like Agege bread and Queensmeal breads.

5 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Krankhead: 10:10pm On Mar 31
Kevineleven:
They will not come down, let me explain
We are facing a 2 headed hydra,
One is the rising of fuel prices due to the removal of fuel subsidy and the other is Naira depreciation or increase of dollar exchange rate.
The increase of fuel prices is responsible for the rising cost of food items , and dollar to naira exchange rate only affects imported goods.
So the cost of food items will not reduce unless the fuel prices reduces.

You people keep moving the goalposts post. You were earlier shouting Dollar Dollar,now you are shouting subsidy. We are the problem of ourself

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by maasoap(m): 10:14pm On Mar 31
Kevineleven:
One is the rising of fuel prices due to the removal of fuel subsidy and the other is Naira depreciation or increase of dollar exchange rate.
The increase of fuel prices is responsible for the rising cost of food items , and dollar to naira exchange rate only affects imported goods.

No, you're wrong. The fuel that's mainly responsible for the high price of food items is diesel. Manufacturing companies and haulage vehicles use diesel. This has already caused increase in the prices of goods long time ago, under Obj when diesel subsidy was removed.
Restrictions of food importation by Buhari caused further increase in prices of food.
Then, the total removal of petrol subsidy by Tinubu also caused a slight increase in the prices of food but not much because petrol plays little roles in manufacturing and transportation of food.
The real culprit is naira depreciation because Nigeria is an import dependent nation. And reason why the price is still high is our greediness. But with time, I'm sure that we will beginning to see the decrease as long as naira is not allowed to depreciate again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by KingWarri: 10:15pm On Mar 31
Wainey:
Oga e be like u no understand what I am saying.
Those that are importing have already bought things when dollar was N1800, just because dollar dropped doesn't mean they will also drop their price. Wait for few more weeks to 2months when they will buy again at low price.

The Aboki man in ur street stocked up his shop, the warehouse where he is buying his goods also stocked up their warehouse, the Aboki will empty his shop, then still buy from the warehouse, those people will empty their warehouses again before they start importing again at 1200
Most things we eat are not imported. Some of which are produced daily e.g bread, biscuits, noodles, garri, goat, ram, pigs, eggs, chickens, fufu, vegetables, tomatoes, pepper, onions, sachet water/ bottle water etc
Some of these items are produced and consumed daily here in Nigeria yet their prices won't come down why?
We the citizens are wicked to ourselves... Always looking for ways to exploit each other.

3 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by DeepSight(m): 10:15pm On Mar 31
Blakjewelry:

Nope it's not about dollar rather it is just the Nigerian factor. When I was telling people the hike in price has nothing to do with dollar some fools were arguing silly like they understood what is at play, oya dollar dey trade about 1200 something oya make price come down na.

To say that you are a simpleton would be an understatement.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by DeepSight(m): 10:17pm On Mar 31
Kevineleven:

In addition, both factors will have a ripple effect and interplay with the effects of one another.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by buchai: 10:18pm On Mar 31
Our kilo has not come down despite Naira stability over us dollars. Even flight tickets have not come down.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Mandate1: 10:22pm On Mar 31
Pgirigory:
So is it the making of the government or the greedy people
which greedy people? Do you know what economic stability is? We import almost everything. So as dollar keeps dancing upandan, so will prices of goods neva come down. No businessman wants to bear the unnecessary loss accompanied by economic instability.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by RockyEyo(m): 10:22pm On Mar 31
SUPERPACK:
But same warehouses hiked food prices they bought when dollar was 1200 when dollar hit 1800, and blamed the dollar for the increase.
I'm sure u are not into business, else u would understand that the person that has stock when dollar was 1200. Has to increase price when dollar hits 1800 so as to be able to survive the market otherwise where him wan get capital to balance up n stay in business..... hope bus101 sunk in,...

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by fotadmowmend(m): 10:22pm On Mar 31
Monet
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Melagros(m): 10:28pm On Mar 31
nairavsdollars:
Food Libido has come down..men's appetite for s*x has gone down
You no well grin

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by desiredhome: 10:29pm On Mar 31
Wainey:
Those that are importing have already bought things when dollar was N1800, just because dollar dropped doesn't mean they will also drop their price. Wait for few more weeks to 2months when they will buy again at low price.

The Aboki man in ur street stocked up his shop, the warehouse where he is buying his goods also stocked up their warehouse, the Aboki will empty his shop, then still buy from the warehouse, those people will empty their warehouses again before they start importing again at 1200
These assertions are false, what about people that had old stocks before the naira surge and were still selling with increasing price...,

Just like the petroleum marketers, the moment they hear news of fuel scarcity, they will just Hurd the fuel they already have and start increasing the price,they will still claim they bought at high price as they will want to continue with the high price..
Poverty and greed is what is killing us in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by CrossRhodes: 10:30pm On Mar 31
Paraman:
I'm not Mr parachoko, am paraman.

Which kin bread she buy for 1700, tell nairalanders.
This is proof that you can't even feed yourself or don't have capacity to do so .......
Family men on this platform know a big family size of bread is 1600-1700

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by SUPERPACK: 10:30pm On Mar 31
RockyEyo:

I'm sure u are not into business, else u would understand that the person that has stock when dollar was 1200. Has to increase price when dollar hits 1800 so as to be able to survive the market otherwise where him wan get capital to balance up n stay in business..... hope bus101 sunk in,...
Lies as usual.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by CrossRhodes: 10:31pm On Mar 31
Obaofpigs:
You can't even feed yourself. Everybody knows that 'whokesome' bread loafs have increased in price.

Bread that was Sold for #1,000 is now #1,500. So stop asking foolish questions.. grin

Leave to dey mumu himself......

Clowns that can't even do basics are disputing prices of goods

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by RockyEyo(m): 10:32pm On Mar 31
SUPERPACK:
Lies as usual.
Go and do business after that you can speak the truth

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by MaziX(m): 10:32pm On Mar 31
Pure water 50naira.. na dollar abi? grin

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by davidtemi(m): 10:33pm On Mar 31
Wainey:
Price of food isn't just going to drop and this is not about Tinubu.
Naira started dropping like a month ago.

Sellers aggressively stocked up their warehouses when Naira climb to N1700-1800 thinking it will climb further, so wait for sometime, some of these people already have 3months worth of items stocked up and they will always sell at the price they bought
U are no doubt a seller with what u just typed.
Is it not d same sellers dat sold low priced stock for us for high price? Why can't they also bear d consequences now (neg or pos) ??
Abeg wat is not good is not good, no corner bet about it

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Melagros(m): 10:34pm On Mar 31
Vinnie2000:

Stop Arguing RUBBISH. undecided

Even ShopRite's AVERAGE size bread is N1700.😒

I will post the picx for you soon. sad
The Oriental item u see is the Bread I am talking about.
You dey mind that foolish tinubu supporter? He no get money for bread oo. Just live your life

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Mandate1: 10:35pm On Mar 31
SUPERPACK:
But same warehouses hiked food prices they bought when dollar was 1200 when dollar hit 1800, and blamed the dollar for the increase.
you guys should stop arguing just for likes. When you open your shop you do it anyhow, and let's see if you won't close shop in a short time. Business is not charity. If you buy and stocked goods at #500 and in 2 weeks times it's being sold for #800. What will you do? The wise thing to do is sell at #800 just like others so it will be easier to re-stock again. If you sell at #500, how do you buy when u exhaust the little you have?

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by delt2010(m): 10:35pm On Mar 31
I bought small size sachet of Dangote sugar this evening for ₦800.
Cost was about ₦200 or less this time last year.

3 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by SUPERPACK: 10:40pm On Mar 31
Mandate1:
you guys should stop arguing just for likes. When you open your shop you do it anyhow, and let's see if you won't close shop in a short time. Business is not charity. If you buy and stocked goods at #500 and in 2 weeks times it's being sold for #800. What will you do? The wise thing to do is sell at #800 just like others so it will be easier to re-stock again. If you sell at #500, how do you buy when u exhaust the little you have?
If you buy at 500 and the price falls to 300 will you stop selling snd claim you dont have so you dont sell lower?

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by philiancoop(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31
Blakjewelry:

Why Nigeria factor not play when dollar and petrol was low?

Answer this one without insult.
Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by Mandate1: 10:41pm On Mar 31
Kevineleven:

God bless you. Most people just talk without giving deeper thought or assessment to what they are talking about. I'm shocked how people are blaming traders for the increase in prices of goods. Dey won't mention the over 300% increase in the price of fuel and dollar. Na traders dem dey blame

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by just2endowed: 10:41pm On Mar 31
Wainey:

It doesn't matter. If the seller decide to adjust price today and sell at real price, he is not making any loss.

U bought at 1700 per dollar, and now dollar reduce to 1350 and you decided to sell at reduced price, your profit still remain the same. Agreed there us foreign exchange profit in business but it's good to reduce price.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 10:42pm On Mar 31
Wainey:

so even indomie and pure water sef were imported?

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by MrSly(m): 10:43pm On Mar 31
Blakjewelry:

Are you a trader that do business with dollar? Of course not. No one is judge in his own case so please do not say what you don't know. All the while dollar was stable did prices of things go up so high? Most of Nigerians like blaming the wrong person. A clueless and illegitimate President worsened your economy with two anti people policies, removal of fuel subsidy and floating of naira and you are here blaming traders.

1 Like

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by MrSly(m): 10:45pm On Mar 31
Paraman:
I'm not Mr parachoko, am paraman.

Which kin bread she buy for 1700, tell nairalanders.
It seems you only eat agege bread. Which one is which kind bread someone bought for 1700 as if it is not possible? Are you in this country at all?

2 Likes

Re: Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down by MrSly(m): 10:47pm On Mar 31
SUPERPACK:
You are a blind patriot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.