Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? (11568 Views)

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Is God Truly Dwelling In Your Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Lemmyler(m): 12:03pm On Mar 31
God forgives people of their sins if they ask for it sincerely. However, the consequences of our actions still catch up with us most times. Using the case of David(a man after God's heart) as example, God forgave him of his sin against Uriah but he still faced the consequence of his action.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by pongwa(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31
MadeINchenzen2:
The complete chapters of the Bible gave no insights or notes about 'karma'... Though the term 'karma' is from the Janism, Hindu and Buddhist religion, but everyone believes in it strongly... Maybe the Bible insinuated it when Christ said "He who kill by the sword, will die by the sword"... " What a man sows, he reaps"...

If we all agree with this (karma) why then do we ask God for forgiveness?

Can one commit a sin and be completely forgiven by God and free from consequences?

Kindly help me with your insights. Thanks
Karma is a universal principle. It is set in course when a balance is tipped. On the other hand, God is divine, He controls Karma although He is the one who fashioned it. They are two different things. Salvation is towards eternal life not to suspend the laws of nature except if the creator wants it. That's why the Bible 'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on.....' and also 'the Lord is in the heavens, he doeth as he pleases'
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by twosquare(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31
God's forgiveness is for your own good, not for Him.

Whatever sinful thing you do, it's yourself that you're destroying, not Him.

You committed fornication, and in turn, caught STD, and probably HIV. Will you be forgiven? Yes, but who will bear the consequences of the sin you did?

You, of course. It is you that will bear the pains of STDs.

That's why mercy triumphs judgement. Only mercy can put away such karma...for He said unto Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy.

As for those saying religion is a scam, we are not the ones who say things shouldn't be explained to your well or attend a quack religious center. That's why you should stop listening to quack pastors, imam, ifá priests, etc.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Skyehigher1: 12:10pm On Mar 31
Thank you for this great question ❓ 1. Religious is concerned God your sin is not concerning God for instance you did bad to me and run to God for forgiveness is big impossible the .. sins of worship God whether from church or mosque is concerning God not the sin you commit to me
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by twosquare(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31
There is karma, or whatever you call it...consequences for your actions. Whether it is good or bad, but there are people who have lived on this earth and will still live, who has gone beyond karma.

They will receive THE Karma. The Great Judgment. Because they have gone beyond redemption.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Bolaji38(m): 12:15pm On Mar 31
MadeINchenzen2:
The complete chapters of the Bible gave no insights or notes about 'karma'... Though the term 'karma' is from the Janism, Hindu and Buddhist religion, but everyone believes in it strongly... Maybe the Bible insinuated it when Christ said "He who kill by the sword, will die by the sword"... " What a man sows, he reaps"...

Can one commit a sin and be completely forgiven by God and free from consequences?

Karma is the price we pay for our sins. We would be forgiven oh, but I learnt there are consequences for every action. Talking from personal experience. When I was womanizing so much without caution, it came back to me later in the future even after I repented. Our actions just have a way of affecting us without we even knowing it. More like the you reap where you sow type of stuff.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by itu404(m): 12:15pm On Mar 31
I wanted to do a topic today, but seeing your post i have decided to shelve it as this will benefit a lot of truthseekers.
THIS IS THE SUPREME CHRISITAN MESSAGE:
Now, the sin that condemns man before God is the sin nature in man; read this: Romans 5:12, Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: When Adam and eve sinned it was passed to us like a deadly disease is paased to offsprings even if they are innocent. Drugs addict, Aids patients etc. Sin therefore, is in our DNA, and indeed, all who are born sexual relationship.King David explains this further, see Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Therefore, nomatter how good you maybe you can not be good enough for God because of this sin nature see Psalms 14:3, They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Like i said Gods standard so high that men fall short due to this sinnature in man [Adamic nature] This sin is what Jesus came to undo. and if you beleive and confess then you are saved!sActs 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Karma is not used in the bible but is implied in many passages, but i only refer you to one, see Ephesians 6:8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. If you sin after receiving jesus you wil receive the reward here too see Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by damoobaba: 12:16pm On Mar 31
MadeINchenzen2:

God's forgiveness means you will NOT GO TO HELL. But you will still get punishment for your actions. Go and read about all the people that did wrong things in the Bible; David got his punishment, Moses did not see the promiseland, Paul the Apostle was beaten mercilessly for his atrocities against the church. FORGIVESS ONLY GUARANTEES HEAVEN, if you go dey sleep with ashewo, you go carry disease O.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Originalsly: 12:17pm On Mar 31
Because you ask for something means you will get it? How can you be so simple-minded?... you should know better by now and apply the same to asking for forgiveness.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Skyehigher1: 12:17pm On Mar 31
Religious sin is concerning God but your bad deed to your fellow men or women there is karma whether you do good or bad
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by CrossRhodes: 12:22pm On Mar 31
MadeINchenzen2:

Christianity doesn't teach karma only Hindu and Buddha and its because they believe in reincarnation....

Pls post verses of the Bible that talks about karma cos I never see..
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Boss13: 12:23pm On Mar 31
Offpoint1:
Religiously... If God forgives sins there will be no hell (not that it exist anyways)

Religiously... If Jesus died for our sins, there will be no hell (simply meaning the death story was vain because you still need to work your salvation)

Religion was designed for weak minded folks, religion is against logic, hence logical folks questioned it and don't buy the stories.

There's a creator who programmed the universe to run it course. Religion is men creation, men with motives.

Back to the topic, Karma doesn't exist. The only karma that exist is INSTANT KARMA, which has to do with physics.

Good point. However, religion is Extraterrestrials creation and aided by men. When people mention God, which God? God of the Jews, or Muslim or Christian or Hindus etc.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by blaise26abj(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31
There is nothing like karma . ABSOLUTELY nothing . It is a social construct designed to keep people in line and away from societal misconducts.

Good things happen to bad people . Bad things happen to good people . Bad things happen to bad people , good things happen to good people . That is life . A sum total of all our experiences .
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Babangidapikin: 12:26pm On Mar 31
Karma is prioritizing paying for religion over paying for gas for electricity and saying God did not answer your prayers .... The only thing God want is to show love ... all this other things we do is just religion..showing ourselves to be good people in the public eyes ...yet the goodness does not reflect in the generality of the public .. those wereys that refuse to give light would still send bills for darkness to their clients...
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by CHAQUR: 12:27pm On Mar 31
Be happy with "KARMA".... It's more like the real forgiveness by God. More like settling your past debt from your present/future dealings. Better still... Like owning the government a tax in the past & being charged for it when the government is to pay you some dues. If you truly believe in meeting with your God, karma is a glaring assurance that you have been forgiven & the sin file equation is balanced and closed.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by BigDawsNet: 12:28pm On Mar 31
MadeINchenzen2:
so of what use is forgiveness?

Forgiveness is an assurance you name is added to the book of life for the time being... that's is if you don't go back to sin again...

But karma will have its way... karma is for this world alone...
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Hezmatosky: 12:30pm On Mar 31
Penance. Karma is the real forgiveness. You can't escape from punishment even after forgiveness. You must experience what you wish people from the almighty God. That's life.
Even after confession in Catholic church, you'll be given penance. It is a suffering from your sin. No escape from sin
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Goodlady(f): 12:33pm On Mar 31
ValarDoharis:
Religion na scam
Nope
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Joy2dworldxyz: 12:34pm On Mar 31
God forgives no doubt but whatever a man saws he reaps.,...
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by blaise26abj(m): 12:34pm On Mar 31
Offpoint1:
Religiously... If God forgives sins there will be no hell (not that it exist anyways)

Religiously... If Jesus died for our sins, there will be no hell (simply meaning the death story was vain because you still need to work your salvation)

Religion was designed for weak minded folks, religion is against logic, hence logical folks questioned it and don't buy the stories.

There's a creator who programmed the universe to run it course. Religion is men creation, men with motives.

Back to the topic, Karma doesn't exist. The only karma that exist is INSTANT KARMA, which has to do with physics.

I agree there is creator who orchestrated our design . There are a lot of insights in the Bible based on “people” accounts. A lot of people have no personal search for spirituality and enlightenment.
The elite in a bid to control the masses , designed religion and have been using it for centuries to control people . In the west , with the decline in Christianity , the government uses media to control people .

“For every action , there is equal and opposite reaction “ AKA instant karma 🤣. Good one

2 Likes

Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by mctech(m): 12:38pm On Mar 31
While God is a God of mercy, he is also a God of justice!

What you sow you will reap.

This is the principle that guides me in my conduct especially when people hurt me and I feel like treating their Bleep up.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Amtasiu(m): 12:38pm On Mar 31
ValarDoharis:
Religion na scam

Meaning you are created by God to just eat and drink right?
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by relaxandsmile: 12:38pm On Mar 31
MadeINchenzen2:

This inspired the content I recently posted on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asIVtyJS00I?si=2Wjl0atzEGepPhLx
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by backbone503(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31
Sins (karma) are not forgiven. They are worked off or worked out
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by easzypeaszy(m): 12:50pm On Mar 31
Som1 killed ur S*n den later confess to u and police but claimed has ask God for forgiveness.
Shey u go frgv am ni?
Wil the law accept dat God has forgiving him?
Will u still let him be incharge of ur remaining kids wenvr u travelled?

Dis won't happen to u, just a direct examples dat will mk u feel wht it means.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by Babsolala: 12:51pm On Mar 31
perfectsusanoo:
Karma is a biitch.
It is the 'reply' of nature to an effort. Regardless of forgiveness or not.
Thats when people go dey tel u: bros na now go show weda ur faith don don.
Karma is GOD.

About the two bolded sentences, are you alright at all?

shadrach77:
There is Karma and there is the forgiveness of God. God does forgive but you will still have to face the consequences of your misdeeds. That doesn't mean God hasn't forgiven you. E.g. a lady who commits fornication and gets pregnant 🤰 then asks God for forgiveness. God will forgive her but then she still has the pregnancy and the baby to cater for.

I am not stating my view whether I believe in karma or not. But using this (the bolded part of your comment) as an analogy to explain karma is so wrong.
What about a lady in the same situation that decides to abort the pregnancy?
What about a thief who steals without getting caught?
Or a murderer who gets away with the crime?
Etc, etc?

1 Like

Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by ultimateprof: 12:53pm On Mar 31
MadeINchenzen2:

karma is the younger brother of forgiveness of sin. Incase you miss the elder brother, I'm certain that you're not going to miss the younger brother.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by blingxx(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31
DropsMic:
Doesn’t exist.

If e dey exist, our politicians would be the most unfortunate people on the face of the earth.
If e dey exist, the descendants of those who participated in the transatlantic slave trade would be suffering today.

Also, prayers don’t work. If it did, Tinubu won’t be the president today.

Subconsciously we all know this these things, but for some reasons, na we believe in them pass.

You better leave them, they will come after you now
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by GodHimself: 1:00pm On Mar 31
Most of the people here don't know what they are talking about.
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by EMONFASHION65: 1:00pm On Mar 31
God forgives but nature doesn't
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by correctguy101(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31
For every action, there's a reaction not necessarily equal and opposite- Daddy Isaac Newton

Yes, that's karma. Simple.. wink

Don't get confused or let anyone deceive you. There are a million ways to die or catch monkey for that matter grin
Re: If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? by chatinent: 1:02pm On Mar 31
Karma has nothing to do with Christianity. Christians are only fond of introducing every other belief that suits their ideas into Christianity and finding a corresponding scripture that has nothing to do with it to back it up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dominion: RCCG 66th Annual Convention, August 6-12th, 2018 / Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? / 30 Characters Of A Mature Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.