Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel (61112 Views)

In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why / Ladies Have You Almost Dated Married Man Who Acted Single? How Did You Discover? / Why Is It That Women In Their 30s Claim No Sex Till Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Chingyyy878: 9:07am On Apr 03
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Make nobody pressure nobody abeg......At least,those mad men and women roaming the streets today were once kids that were seen as special kids by their parents........

True
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by COOL10(m): 9:09am On Apr 03
Mtcheww, marriage advocate. undecided

Until you marry and give birth to the ones that'll make your life miserable and end up killing you. You never see anything. grin

13 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Vijuchoco(f): 9:12am On Apr 03
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Make nobody pressure nobody abeg......At least,those mad men and women roaming the streets today were once kids that were seen as special kids by their parents........

Lol.. No be lie sha

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Treasure17(m): 10:12am On Apr 03
I don't feel any pressure and besides relationship is draining not to talk of marriage. Let me be enjoying my peace of mind please.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by GreaterFuture(m): 10:22am On Apr 03
Chingyyy878:
do you worry about being old parents ?

I sure say most of una dey panic but una go deny
Everything in Life is selfish I guess... Every single thing ln life...
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by VinnyBaba: 10:44am On Apr 03
barrydee:
This OP is not wise at all.
Africa needs to grow beyond this mindset. Having a wife and kids is not an achievement but a fulfillment which by the way, different people have their own definition of fulfillment.

If you are a man in your 30s living in a difficult country like Nigeria, i advise you chase the bread to better your life & your future. If you stumble on a good woman while at it, you can marry her but if you allow societal pressure to make you marry one of these damaged, unproductive, & useless slay queens who are liabilities as a wife, sorry na your name.

You can still get married in your late 30s or early 40s and live a fulfilled life & by the time you are in your 60s, your kids would be in their eaely 20s keeping you company, running erands for you and making you happy while you relax and groom them to takeover your business/empire aince you utilized your youthful era to make some good investments.

Unlike those niggas who got married in their 20s using all their energy as youths just to fend, suffer and provide for the family. By the time they hit 60, no major investments, their kids have all abandoned them to begin their own lives/families making them feel lonely and abandoned. Only few lucky ones get regular visits, care and gifts from their kids at this point.

Too much Sense in this Part!👍

All the Money that could have Saved and Invested is put inside Family Responsibility. undecided

You won't be able to own any Business or property throughout your 30's because you have Wife and kids at home. embarassed sad

When you get to your 40's, you are too Already weak to Hustle and you start waiting for ur 17yr old daughter to Marry RichMan. 😒😌

As a Guy from a Poor Family, If you Marry in your 20's, It's like signing LIFETIME CONTRACT WITH POVERTY.😟

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:57am On Apr 03
Kids too many for nairaland these days grin

4 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Gift96: 11:01am On Apr 03
The economic realities will humble you

9 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by toujurs: 11:11am On Apr 03
barrydee:
This OP is not wise at all.
Africa needs to grow beyond this mindset. Having a wife and kids is not an achievement but a fulfillment which by the way, different people have their own definition of fulfillment.

If you are a man in your 30s living in a difficult country like Nigeria, i advise you chase the bread to better your life & your future. If you stumble on a good woman while at it, you can marry her but if you allow societal pressure to make you marry one of these damaged, unproductive, & useless slay queens who are liabilities as a wife, sorry na your name.

You can still get married in your late 30s or early 40s and live a fulfilled life & by the time you are in your 60s, your kids would be in their eaely 20s keeping you company, running erands for you and making you happy while you relax and groom them to takeover your business/empire aince you utilized your youthful era to make some good investments.

Unlike those niggas who got married in their 20s using all their energy as youths just to fend, suffer and provide for the family. By the time they hit 60, no major investments, their kids have all abandoned them to begin their own lives/families making them feel lonely and abandoned. Only few lucky ones get regular visits, care and gifts from their kids at this point.
You are smart, you just reminded of when i was about to marry a prostitute unknowingly.

She was a decent lady. Luckily for me i got to meet a guy, on a social platform who knew her.

Immediately i knew who she really was, i ended the relationship. Most women out there lived a wreckless sexual life. And i can't settle for a LovePeddler, after putting in this hardwork

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by MrCork: 11:23am On Apr 03
Chingyyy878:
People in their 30s with no kids and single, do you worry about being old parents ?

angry
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by MrCork: 11:24am On Apr 03
Chingyyy878:
People in their 30s with no kids and single, do you worry about being old parents ?

You dont hav speeeeerm?(no oofencsece) angry
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by AfahaAbia(m): 11:29am On Apr 03
There is nothing to panic about. Always put yourself first.

10 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by ravensckar(m): 11:57am On Apr 03
VinnyBaba:

Too much Sense in this Part!👍

All the Money that could have Saved and Invested is put inside Family Responsibility. undecided

You won't be able to own any Business or property throughout your 30's because you have Wife and kids at home. embarassed sad

When you get to your 40's, you are too Already weak to Hustle and you start waiting for ur 17yr old daughter to Marry RichMan. 😒😌

As a Guy from a Poor Family, If you Marry in your 20's, It's like signing LIFETIME CONTRACT WITH POVERTY.😟

You're very wrong but you just didn't realize it. The first rule of life is that; life doesn't come with a PAST QUESTION, MANUAL or INSTRUCTION BOOKLET. Na trial & error everybody dey do.

My dad had my older brother at 19, he wasn't from a rich family either. He suffered and laboured through his youthful age to raise us all. Today nko? He's in his late FIFTIES and most of us have become relatively successful in his lifetime. He's still active, looks young and healthy. When he came to visit me early this year, most people didn't believe he's my dad. cheesy cheesy

My step-mum (his younger wife) is still servicing him. He still has other younger children who run and jump around the house. He has grandchildren who always come to spend the holidays with him (my children are there as I type). His older children (myself & siblings) always ensure he never lacks anything. Most importantly, he's living his DREAM. He's always happy and grateful for marrying early.

My point- both early and late marriages have their advantages and disadvantages. Anyone that works for you, practice it. Life is a foreign language afterall, everyone mispronounces it. cheesy cheesy

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Gerrard59(m): 1:06pm On Apr 03
2shure:
I can paint,i can dissamblw a car engine,i can service a gen,AC,gas cooker,i can install dstv,i can paint walls, i can design a website....

Sorry, but apart from the bold, none of those skills qualify you to be issued a work visa as a Nigerian while in Nigeria. Your best route is a study visa. But 10 million cannot run it unlike few years ago.

2 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Gerrard59(m): 1:21pm On Apr 03
Had to put this here:

Men who married in their forties and early fifties:

Poju Oyemade
Oscar Onyema
Olumide Akpata
Tayo Oviosu
Victor Asemota
Olumide Aderinokun (married Stephanie Coker five years after his first wife died of cancer)
Dr Ola Brown's Husband (popular TwitterNG personality)

The issue isn't really early or late, but not having plenty of children more than one can adequately cater for. Nigerians have this mentality of producing more children just because small change enters their hands. Just because one's finances have increased after two children does not mean the person should aim for another child or children. Raising children is terribly expensive and largely a thankless job.

Also, men should opt for vasectomy if need be as female contraceptives can fail atimes. When I mention this aspect, many get upset.

15 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Roboto11: 1:23pm On Apr 03
VinnyBaba:

If they are Pursuing Money and Trying to build Wealth, they should be very Happy! smiley

OP, if you know what some Young Parents are Facing in Nigeria currently,
You won't even advise anyone (Guys) to Marry in their 30's!. embarassed undecided

When dem wan come marry?

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by papyjaypaul: 2:04pm On Apr 03
Elegantspiker:
When I say we still have centuries to be civilised, these are the kind of thoughts I mean. Imaging someone from an advanced country asking this kind of question.

Family is the bedrock of EVERY SOCIETY. I want to be educated, tell me what advanced countries are discussing. Immigration

2 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Amuroba: 2:32pm On Apr 03
Chingyyy878:

Only reason to worry is being all of the above and still poor.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by faceland: 2:56pm On Apr 03
One thing is fact.
A man in his 50 that doesn't have kids would feel something is missing (even though it is hype).
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by faceland: 3:00pm On Apr 03
Samfloxin:
Many of them are feeling bad but the cost of marrying a woman now is very high

I know people that married while poor but there are something in life they would NEVER experience (if they must be responsible provider). Put in a few more decades of this denial and their soul is broken.

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Zackattack: 3:04pm On Apr 03
Elegantspiker:
When I say we still have centuries to be civilised, these are the kind of thoughts I mean. Imaging someone from an advanced country asking this kind of question.
It is a very stupid question. People are thinking of financial security in old age, this one is talking about raising children in old age.

5 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by faceland: 3:06pm On Apr 03
Templee333:
you should rather say that the cost of buying a woman is very high. Marriage ended many years ago. What people are doing now is buying and selling of their daughters where men are unfortunately the buyers.

When I read the Old testament law, had a feeling that marriage is slavery. I give you my virgin daughter to give your son with WHITE CLOTHES. He bleeps her on the spot, she bleeds on the white clothes, I collect the white clothes as evidence that I sold a virgin to you.

IF YOUR STUPID SON DOESN'T WANT HER AGAIN, I WILL NOT AGREE BECAUSE HER MARKET VALUE HAS REDUCE AND I CAN'T RE-SELL HER FOR VIRGIN PRICE.

They didn't want female child because she can not go to farm/hunting or help them in wars. Just another mouth to feed.

Disclaimer: Those are not my views, just my observation of primitive people over 5000 years ago, 5k years not minutes.

6 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Zackattack: 3:09pm On Apr 03
Chingyyy878:

Imagine having your first kid when you are almost 45
Imagine being broke at 45 with 3 kids

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by TUANKU(m): 3:13pm On Apr 03
Chingyyy878:

Panic? Na her go panic after i give her belle cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by VinnyBaba: 3:14pm On Apr 03
ravensckar:
You're very wrong but you just didn't realize it. The first rule of life is that; life doesn't come with a PAST QUESTION, MANUAL or INSTRUCTION BOOKLET. Na trial & error everybody dey do.

My dad had my older brother at 19, he wasn't from a rich family either. He suffered and laboured through his youthful age to raise us all. Today nko? He's in his late FIFTIES and most of us have become relatively successful in his lifetime. We're the ones taking care of him.He's still active, looks young and healthy. When he came to visit me early this year, most people didn't believe he's my dad. cheesy cheesy

My step-mum (his younger wife) is still servicing him. He still has other younger children who run and jump around the house. He has grandchildren who always come to spend the holidays with him (my children are there as I type). His older children (myself & siblings) always ensure he never lacks anything. Most importantly, he's living his DREAM. He's always happy and grateful for marrying early.

My point- both early and late marriages have their advantages and disadvantages. Anyone that works for you, practice it. Life is a foreign language afterall, everyone mispronounces it. cheesy cheesy

That's where you are VERY WRONG. 😕😕

Comparing the 1970's or 1980's to this Era.😏

You can't even compare 2014 to this 2024. undecided

If any Unprepared Guy in his 20's Rush into Marriage in this times,
His life will be so Fuccked!😒

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Dzzzz: 3:15pm On Apr 03
OP sef them fit dey lash him wife wey him no know..If you ask am how long it took before him wed.E fit no pass 1yr.
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Dzzzz: 3:17pm On Apr 03
Zackattack:

Imagine being broke at 45 with 3 kids
..And the persons children start to think why their papa no do armed robbery to make things better 😂😂

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Dzzzz: 3:19pm On Apr 03
The only thing wey go make me panic is the fear of dying poor...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by BItt: 3:19pm On Apr 03
faceland:

When I read the Old testament law, had a feeling that marriage is slavery. I give you my virgin daughter to give your son with WHITE CLOTHES. He bleeps her on the spot, she bleeds on the white clothes, I collect the white clothes as evidence that I sold a virgin to you.

IF YOUR STUPID SON DOESN'T WANT HER AGAIN, I WILL NOT AGREE BECAUSE HER MARKET VALUE HAS REDUCE AND I CAN'T RE-SELL HER FOR VIRGIN PRICE.

They didn't want female child because she can not go to farm/hunting or help them in wars. Just another mouth to feed.

Disclaimer: Those are not my views, just my observation of primitive people over 5000 years ago, 5k years not minutes.

You can express that in a more acceptable and pleasant way and call it marriage. The union between 2,3 or more people.

When you marry a lady, you also marry her family. If she doesn't have a reasonable trade she's into in this economy o, una go suffer o.

3 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Dzzzz: 3:25pm On Apr 03
OP make you get money ooo.Make your in-laws no hide food say you dey come house oo...

8 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Dzzzz: 3:26pm On Apr 03
BItt:

You can express that in a more acceptable and pleasant way and call it marriage. The union between 2,3 or more people.

When you marry a lady, you also marry her family. If she doesn't have a reasonable trade she's into in this economy o, una go suffer o.
Original Suffer promax and guess who will suffer more?
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by faceland: 3:28pm On Apr 03
BItt:

As I said, I was referring to my perception of Moses Law on marriage.

Of cause, it has evolved since then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Don't Lose Your Husband Because Of Boyfriend"- Nigerian Lady Advises / A Lady I Met On Facebook Gave Me HIV – Nigerian Man Shares Shocking Story / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.