Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel (60876 Views)

In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why / Ladies Have You Almost Dated Married Man Who Acted Single? How Did You Discover? / Why Is It That Women In Their 30s Claim No Sex Till Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by aysnoopy(m): 10:07pm On Apr 03
2shure:
I'm 34 years and I only have a car,rented apartment and 2 pos business which has suffered a blow.im planning on selling all my propert for 10m before thisbyear ends and travel out.

Thank your God
At 33, I wish I've 500k property right now
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by virginboy1(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03
kids for this current clime....omo shocked

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by tunjijones(m): 10:14pm On Apr 03
MrBrownJay1:
many dont even want children, let alone a wife to settle with.

He go soon clear for ur eye. Dem no dey tell person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Afolue(m): 10:18pm On Apr 03
I have feelings for the ladies more. I am 37 (male) not yet married and no kids yet. To me , na women get children. A man can have kids anytime in his lifetime just not to end his genealogy . What’s most important is investment for his wife and children to have a meaningful living after he passes on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:19pm On Apr 03
tunjijones:
He go soon clear for ur eye. Dem no dey tell person.

bro you are talking to a father of 6 kids... who fully well understands that being a father (or married) is not the wishes of everyone, let alone the CAPABILITIES of everyone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Myer(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03
VinnyBaba:

If they are Pursuing Money and Trying to build Wealth, they should be very Happy! smiley

OP, if you know what some Young Parents are Facing in Nigeria currently,
You won't even advise anyone (Guys) to Marry in their 30's!. embarassed undecided
If you're a Christian, we should not be chasing money sir. You simply seek Gods kingdom and he supplies our needs in various ways- favors, contracts, promotions, etc.
The things others are chasing begin to chase you as you pursue God's kingdom.
Chasing money is most times, if not all the root of all evil.

Concerning the OP, our clime and culture has set an age limit for marriage and childbirth.
Simply know what you want and know when you're ready- spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, financially, managerially etc.
Please do not be pressured into marriage.
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Niyi4321: 10:37pm On Apr 03
ravensckar:
You're very wrong but you just didn't realize it. The first rule of life is that; life doesn't come with a PAST QUESTION, MANUAL or INSTRUCTION BOOKLET. Na trial & error everybody dey do.

My dad had my older brother at 19, he wasn't from a rich family either. He suffered and laboured through his youthful age to raise us all. Today nko? He's in his late FIFTIES and most of us have become relatively successful in his lifetime. He's still active, looks young and healthy. When he came to visit me early this year, most people didn't believe he's my dad. cheesy cheesy

My step-mum (his younger wife) is still servicing him. He still has other younger children who run and jump around the house. He has grandchildren who always come to spend the holidays with him (my children are there as I type). His older children (myself & siblings) always ensure he never lacks anything. Most importantly, he's living his DREAM. He's always happy and grateful for marrying early.

My point- both early and late marriages have their advantages and disadvantages. Anyone that works for you, practice it. Life is a foreign language afterall, everyone mispronounces it. cheesy cheesy
Wise one! If you try it in this economy it won't be a bad idea. You will be known as a man who follows his father's footsteps making sure the family tradition is intact.
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by maasoap(m): 10:48pm On Apr 03
MrBrownJay1:
many dont even want children, let alone a wife to settle with.

Oyinbos or Nigerians u dey refer to? Continue deceiving yourself grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by maasoap(m): 10:52pm On Apr 03
Niyi4321:

Wise one! If you try it in this economy it won't be a bad idea. You will be known as a man who follows his father's footsteps making sure the family tradition is intact.
He told you to prepare your poison according to how you prefer it, why picking on him for sharing his dad's story?
I married at 33, I consider it late marriage. I would advise my kids to marry when still below 30.

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by maasoap(m): 10:58pm On Apr 03
Templee333:
you should rather say that the cost of buying a woman is very high. Marriage ended many years ago. What people are doing now is buying and selling of their daughters where men are unfortunately the buyers.

Come to Yoruba land to marry if you don't mind intertribal marriage. Most families would be happy to give out their daughters free without collecting anything. If you care to know? It's like a culture that gives the parents confidence to tell you that you should treat their daughter well because they don't sell her to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by maasoap(m): 11:05pm On Apr 03
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Make nobody pressure nobody abeg......At least,those mad men and women roaming the streets today were once kids that were seen as special kids by their parents........

Hehe! What is this now?
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Melagros(m): 11:12pm On Apr 03
Chingyyy878:

Imagine having your first kid when you are almost 45
Then what do you think will happen?

2 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by michigang: 11:19pm On Apr 03
Smartjeezy01:
I had my first daughter at the age of 34 and my daughter is 10years old now.
8 years tym, dem go fùck your daughter like no man bizness
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by michigang: 11:21pm On Apr 03
Paramount01:

You mean ham? Don't marry ooo becaue you will spend your last card on them
why
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by michigang: 11:23pm On Apr 03
PissInside:
What's the essence of marriage or having kids?

Oh, because everyone is doing it,you must too?

You see,I've come to realise that the only thing that matters in life is happiness.....As long as you're happy,you good to go.

So many of my friends that rushed into getting married are now looking so hagard and stressed up.....The burden is too much.

you go marry?
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by DeepSight(m): 11:23pm On Apr 03
correctguy101:

People should just focus on experiencing life. It was never meant to be the same for everyone.

The day the collective consciousness regains one single mind, reality as we know it will seize to exist

Words on marble.

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by michigang: 11:38pm On Apr 03
skuribeebo:
I am 39, 2 kids
I have a car
I have a house to be completed this year.
I have 10 years professional banking experience and I'm still counting.

Do wetin you wan do on time. Do not wait for money.
I got married when I was a private school teacher in a local private school.
you are a lazy man. How will you give birth to two kids

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by michigang: 11:42pm On Apr 03
Alphiegabe:
Will be forty this year not married never dated I am not interested in any of those things kini big deal
oga talk true. You dey nack one or two when konji show face

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by finallybusy: 11:55pm On Apr 03
Life hard. No add more complications with children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Konquest: 1:12am On Apr 04
barrydee:
This OP is not wise at all.
Africa needs to grow beyond this mindset. Having a wife and kids is not an achievement but a fulfillment which by the way, different people have their own definition of fulfillment.

If you are a man in your 30s living in a difficult country like Nigeria, i advise you chase the bread to better your life & your future. If you stumble on a good woman while at it, you can marry her but if you allow societal pressure to make you marry one of these damaged, unproductive, & useless slay queens who are liabilities as a wife, sorry na your name.

You can still get married in your late 30s or early 40s and live a fulfilled life & by the time you are in your 60s, your kids would be in their eaely 20s keeping you company, running erands for you and making you happy while you relax and groom them to takeover your business/empire aince you utilized your youthful era to make some good investments.

Unlike those niggas who got married in their 20s using all their energy as youths just to fend, suffer and provide for the family. By the time they hit 60, no major investments, their kids have all abandoned them to begin their own lives/families making them feel lonely and abandoned. Only few lucky ones get regular visits, care and gifts from their kids at this point.
That's if their wives don't turn their kids against them.
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by jahsson(m): 2:34am On Apr 04
VinnyBaba:

Honestly, the Guy KILLED the Guy. smiley

In Ijaw language, they call it 'Egberi Fade' i.e. the Talk don Finish. cool smiley
Egberi fagha

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by winner37(m): 2:54am On Apr 04
My boss is 54 and his two female children are age 10 and 8 he does regret for having children at late age ..

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Tonididdyx: 3:21am On Apr 04
I'm married with 2 kids. I'm 34

Trust me.... Financially it's not easy but JOY is immeasurable compared to my funky gtoovy bachelor days.
Children are indeed a gift from God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Tonididdyx: 3:32am On Apr 04
Afolue:
I have feelings for the ladies more. I am 37 (male) not yet married and no kids yet. To me , na women get children. A man can have kids anytime in his lifetime just not to end his genealogy . What’s most important is investment for his wife and children to have a meaningful living after he passes on.
We've read this coubtless times since 1907 till date.
As a nigerian man in our society you def feel SOME TYPE OF WAY when you're asked.... U never still marry? Wey our wife na?

I was a chat with an older friend I've known for donkey years, he's prolly in his late 30s or early 40s.
We were having a steady back and forth chat but the moment I asked "wey our wife", he didn't reply until 30/40mins later with " Wife never dey oh".( I mean immediately, our chat turned sour)

All am saying is in the part of the world, it's a necessity. No matter how you try to mask or make it feel unnecessary, society views you different and of course you yourself view yourself different.

I for one didn't get married under this "type" Of pressure.... Na it's just happened and till date reality still hasn't sunk in am a father, let alone a husband but I just pick up my responsibility daily and live on
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Bobbynobobby: 3:37am On Apr 04
2shure:
I'm 34 years and I only have a car,rented apartment and 2 pos business which has suffered a blow.im planning on selling all my propert for 10m before thisbyear ends and travel out.

Godspeed, bro. Godspeed.
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by jagaban002(m): 5:14am On Apr 04
Paramount01:

But they said " wife do open ways" how true is the statement
Lairs from the pit of hell , you go hustle tire .
Immagine me spending at least 13 to 16k everyday and assume since i dey spend on wife and kids make i no go out to hustle nah sufferness i wan invite oooo.

My advice don't ever rush into marriage .

3 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by nosa2ekundayo: 5:48am On Apr 04
Chingyyy878:

Imagine having your first kid when you are almost 45
Before your children go dey fit enough to survive the Nigerian wicked economy, you as a father go either Don die or become a burden for them to carry... Except you plant enough money printing investment keep before your 45!
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by skuribeebo: 5:49am On Apr 04
michigang:
you are a lazy man. How will you give birth to two kids
kuku kill me.
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Oshokhai69: 6:37am On Apr 04
Gerrard59:

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but 10 million would not go that far if your target country is a developed one. Also, to truly enjoy living in the abroad, you will need to get a good job, which is tied to having relevant skills the economy of that country desires. If you have those skills and pretty young, it is a good one.

P.S. If you can japa without selling your properties, better.

You go just siddon for Nairaland dey dish out advice about japa. Why have you not used the advice to better your own life? I can bet that you charge people money to give them japa advice. With that your tiny long neck.

2 Likes

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by MOG6670(m): 6:40am On Apr 04
2shure:
what property/asset do you have, and how did you build your portfolio? "your response will highly makes a difference"
Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by Emekayoung(m): 7:33am On Apr 04
2shure:
But assuming you have a wife and children it would have been more difficult,and even the travelling out plan wouldn't even cross your mind because that one go be day dreaming. So my brother please plan yourself very well,marriage no be child's play,don't rush into marriage,take your time and build yourself so you can be financially buoyant because that's the only way you can be able to give your wife and kids a good life,marriage no be for mouth,nobody will assist you in taking care of your family,even the ones putting pressure on you to get married will disappear,if you ask them for financial favour they will tell you they don't have. Be wise o.

1 Like

Re: People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel by AmancalledGod: 7:39am On Apr 04
Forget kids and marriage the goal is to make money, when money comes you can go ahead with other necessary plans

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is Valentine Always Associated With Sex?? / Major Sex Scandals That Rocked Nigeria / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.