Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH (30167 Views)

We Will Increase Tariff From July 1 - AEDC Alerts Customers / FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by awa(m): 7:31pm On Apr 03
aieromon:

This group of persons will be unaffected by the tariff increase as you wrongly assume.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/683016-nerc-explains-category-of-consumers-affected-by-electricity-tariff-hike.html

Sir, hope you remember that those in Band A might be using the Electricity for goods production or rendering services needed by the Poor? If the Energy cost goes high, they will factor it in cost of production which the Poor needs to pay for.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by joba4luv: 7:31pm On Apr 03
Zonefree:
May this increment favour me and my family.

It can never favour you and your family that prayer can never be answered never

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by 7arrows: 7:32pm On Apr 03
Proverbs 29 : 2

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BabaO2: 7:32pm On Apr 03
Somebody like Adelabu from CBN, Now Minister for Power, has no absolute regards for money, and would not know or understand how hard it is to pay N50 for 1KWh of electricity. His report analysis and advice to the president will be anti people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Dalohad: 7:33pm On Apr 03
I think it is a good development as long as heat and mosquitos kill off poor Agbadorians and bulabans. Nigeria will be better for it when the poor agbadoes die off en mass.

There will be less number of the buffoons to vote in 2027.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by joba4luv: 7:34pm On Apr 03
socialmediaman:

This is even worse. This was the case many years ago under NEPA when wealthy people used to pay them to supply electricity to only those who can pay higher

Is this not taking Nigerians back to the old days of rich man vs poor man?

Who are those people voting them in? Are they not the senseless and hopeless poor people voting them in after çollecting #500 from them? They just started

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by socialmediaman: 7:34pm On Apr 03
Max24:
Many obidients against Tinubu's policies are illiterates. How does this affect the common man ?

It means the common man in Nigeria will never be able to pay for up to 20hrs electricity, and should never expect 20hrs or more electricity
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Zetty177x: 7:36pm On Apr 03
Where are the Emilokans We told y'all a drug baron has nothing to offer....u think some one who did drugs before will have love for u?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by grandstar(m): 7:36pm On Apr 03
socialmediaman:
For context:

This N226 naira per KPH is about 15 cents per kilowatt hour. The minimum wage in Nigeria is N30,000 monthly

North Dakota pays about 10 cents per kilowatt hour. Minimum wage in North Dakota is $7.25 per hour (N1.3 million naira monthly).

Texas pays about 15 cents per kilowatt hour. Minimum wage in Texas is $7.25 per hour (N1.3 million naira monthly).

What does American minimum wage have to do with pricing? Simply stating power should be cheaper using comparison energy prices in America is sufficient.

All those in the electricity chain must charge a cost reflective rate to cover expenses. They can't underprice because salaries are low. It does not work that way.

I too did my findings and also queried the high price.

However, I am not an expert in the industry so won't speak like one. I, however suspect that issues like creaky infrastructure, insufficient competition and so on have roles to play.

Charging cost reflective pricing is a step in the right direction. The present blackouts are due to the huge debts of $1.2b owed the gencos and N1.3tr owed the Discos by the government.

Government should go further and fully deregulate the price.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by joba4luv: 7:36pm On Apr 03
ecomalchemistt:
lol , we told you people.

You said na “statistics we go chop”..

Elections have consequences, 7 more years to go.

Brace up oooo !

Don't mind them they will cry tired. We told them the type of person Tinubu is but they busy called us "Omo Ale" anyway maybe Tinubu will build Emilokan electricity station for them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Konquest: 7:37pm On Apr 03
jmoore:

Paying attention to details? The real details are not in the article.

I can use myself as a case study. I do not have up to 24hrs of electricity for a week.
I can have 4 days of blackout and 3 days of combined power supply that is not up to 12 hours.

The last time I bought power token, I was charged around 77 naira per kwh, that is higher than the so called 66 naira for band A.

How many consumers are really billed according to the band ratings?
I read your post again to get a hang of what you posted. You paid extra per kwh above the usual on "Band A." That's not a fair deal.

Have you thought of using off-grid solutions? These might be a bit expensive to install in the short to medium term but are cheaper down the road in terms of cost savings.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by grandstar(m): 7:39pm On Apr 03
writeprof:

Nigeria has no business saying there is no GAS. NLNG and/or NGC is/are still working I believe. The Nigerian government has kept the activities of NLNG in shadows.

The federal government is owing massive debts for gas and that's why they are not supplying

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by 7arrows: 7:41pm On Apr 03
[quote author=successmatters post=129252057]Greedy old man intent on suffering his minions grin

We warned all of you, they will be using propaganda to report that the economy is getting better but na suffer go kill most Nigerians.

We warned you that this man is much more evil than his predecessor. He has nothing to offer, its just his turn to loot.

Tomorrow some CORNfused elements will be asking me why we the manufacturing sector are not bringing down prices of goods, na urine we dey take power our factories? grin[/quote.

My brother the matter tire me no be small. We warned them and we keep warning them but the idiots will blindly follow their oppressors to the grave. Let them continue.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Max24: 7:41pm On Apr 03
socialmediaman:

It means the common man in Nigeria will never be able to pay for up to 20hrs electricity, and should never expect 20hrs or more electricity
How much is electricity in other west African countries compared to Nigeria? All those countries that do 24hrs go and find out the cost? You want comfort but you don't want to pay. Will Tinubu use his teeth to provide power? What's important is availability. Then cut your coat according to your size. If the poor want 24hours power then let them work for it. Nigerians need to be productive. Government's strategy is to use the rich to subsidize the poor which makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by grandstar(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03
successmatters:
Greedy old man intent on suffering his minions grin

We warned all of you, they will be using propaganda to report that the economy is getting better but na suffer go kill most Nigerians.

We warned you that this man is much more evil than his predecessor. He has nothing to offer, its just his turn to loot.

Tomorrow some CORNfused elements will be asking me why we the manufacturing sector are not bringing down prices of goods, na urine we dey take power our factories? grin

You want electricity but you don't want to pay enough for the Gencos and Discos to recover cost?

If the price being charged is not cost reflective, you won't get power. It isn't rocket science.

The federal government is owing the Gencos $1.2bn and Discos 1.3tr naira. That is why there isn't power. Government does not have money to be subsidizing piwer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Dynamicboss: 7:43pm On Apr 03
Very useless government. Quick to review price upwards but drags feet to implement the same for minimum wage. With 30k monthly income which most pathetic state governors cant pay, they are happy to hear more influx of money to their pockets when the poor are more oppressed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by BigDawsNet: 7:44pm On Apr 03
Cj4charles:
this your useless format don already cast under Buhari... so stf

Is not my format na... na your president format 😁😁
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by grandstar(m): 7:47pm On Apr 03
Donaldoni:
What

All the same, the subsidy has become unsustainable as result of a myriad of factors. At least we all know everything has gone up of late. embarassed

Nigerian want anything related to power for free and that's why that sector is underperforming.

Deregulated electricity pricing would revolutionize the sector and lead to massive investment in it.

The same turnaround deregulated pricing hard on the telecom sector would be re-enacted in the electricity sector.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Tenshades(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03
aieromon:

Don't you people read at all?

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/03/nerc-increase-electricity-tariffs-for-band-a-customers-to-n225-kwh/

They don't bother to read the whole message. As long as it's a negative headline, they get erektion and rush to write imbecilic comments.
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Brendaniel: 7:49pm On Apr 03
Konquest:

I read your post again to get a hang of what you posted. You paid extra per kWh above the usual on "Band A." That's not a fair deal.

Have you thought of using off-grid solutions? These might be expensive to install in the short to medium term but are cheaper down the road.

How many Nigerians can afford that in Nigeria?

Is that the solution for all Nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by AntiChristian: 7:50pm On Apr 03
99thEnemy:

Abeg explain this Band A - E for me.

Band A are those who uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day! Only the pricing of these people were increased! Many people in band A were downgraded to Band B.

Band B uses minimum of 16 hours electricity per day!

Band C uses minimum of 12 hours daily!

Band D uses a minimum of 8 hours daily!

Band E uses a minimum of 4 hours daily!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by osazsky(m): 7:51pm On Apr 03
Na mumu dey pay NEPA bill...I get more than 20 hrs a day..and I can't load my metre more than 6k every 6 months..have been on this for over 9 yrs now..if them like make them put am for 5 billion per kW na mumu they pay nepa bilk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by VULCAN(m): 7:53pm On Apr 03
So because you are on Band C, you feel that those on Band A should pay 4 times what they were paying before.

What a wicked soul you are.

Is Band A reserved for the political class?

Most middle class people are also on Band A.

You wouldn't know that because you are not at that level.

So someone that was spending N60k a month will now start spending N240k?

It will reach you somehow, keep supporting evil. Pipe carrying water must also get wet

AntiChristian:
Only Band A users tarrif is increased!

Band B-E still dey N66/KWh!

How many of Una dey band A that uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by lexy2014: 7:53pm On Apr 03
ecomalchemistt:
lol , we told you people.

You said na “statistics we go chop”..

Elections have consequences, 7 more years to go.

Brace up oooo !

dont worry. his ass lickers are immune from the price increase. they wont pay the same rate like the rest of us

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Blackdisciple(m): 7:54pm On Apr 03
And it doesn't affect them...

When EVIL men rules

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by surgical: 7:54pm On Apr 03
ugbarreta:
if eventually power becomes constant in this country the poor wont even afford. Apc is a curse!
But the poor loves him, they are the majority of his supporters, they deserve whatever they get, the few elites that are supporting him is based on negotiation, what they can get, and he already attending to that,it is the stupid poor that are in trouble in this administration, because they don't know it is their own duty to look out for themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Roger3D(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03
Tinubu's government is determined to finish you people in that country
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by 99thEnemy(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03
AntiChristian:

Band A are those who uses minimum of 20 hours electricity per day! Only the pricing of these people were increased! Many people in band A were downgraded to Band B.

which band are mosques in? cool
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by lexy2014: 7:55pm On Apr 03
AntiChristian:

wonderful.

pls who are those that use minimum of 4hours daily?
Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Brendaniel: 7:55pm On Apr 03
grandstar:

What does American minimum wage have to do with pricing? Simply stating power should be cheaper using comparison energy prices in America is sufficient.

All those in the electricity chain must charge a cost reflective rate to cover expenses. They can't underprice because salaries are low. It does not work that way.

I too did my findings and also queried the high price.

However, I am not an expert in the industry so won't speak like one. I, however suspect that issues line creaky infrastructure, insufficient competition and so on have roles to play.

Charging cost reflective pricing is a step in the right direction. The present blackouts are due to the huge debts of $1.2b owed the gencos and N1.3tr owed the Discos by the government.

Government should go further and fully deregulate the price.

You are nairalanda1 aka subsidywise, I can see it written in your statement, you've started again, with your analysis 2 things are involved, the power companies might not have enough customers because purchasing power of customers will not meet their tariff.

And the power companies will shut down or people will bypass the prepaid meters and be fleecing the companies till they shut down.

How can you ignore minimum wage in such discussion?

How do you come up with such analysis?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by grandstar(m): 7:56pm On Apr 03
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

EBIN PAWA ooo !!!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

So, you don't want the Gencos and Discos to recover their costs?

The government is owing the Gencos and Discos $1.2b and 1.3tr Naira respectively. Government has no money to be subsidizing power.

If you really want power, you must be ready to.pay the price for getting.

Even in Freetown, nothing is free.

Government should go further snd deregulate the price they charge. That is what revolutionized the telecom sector.

MTN and Econet charged N50/minute while MTEL charged 22/minute. Mtn and Econet pumped billions of dollars into expanding their phone network while Mtel which charged people friendly prices went out of business.

The nation needs tens of billions of dollars of investment in electricity generation but as long as government keeps fixing the price, it would scare off the MTNs and Econets of the electricity business from doing their magic.

We now enjoy cheap calling costs. The same would also happen in the power sector.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH by Pennilessword1: 7:57pm On Apr 03
Wo emi Lo so bé. Kö ni da fun n ayin to lo n digbo fun n Tinunbu.. awon jati jati olosi oniranu. Thunda fire all of Una...idiots

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

PDP Stalwart Fears Jonathan May Lose Presidential Election / Buhari Commissions Nigeria Immigration Center In South Africa (photos) / Riot At Ikeja-Along Area Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.