Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters (61582 Views)

“I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) / See Hilarious Communication Between A Loan Shark Agent And A Customer. Pictures / Emefiele: CBN Will Seize Private Jets Belonging To Loan Defaulters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by tellwisdom: 1:15pm On Apr 09
jd3trice:
Omo! Who did this to Henry.. This guy was my classmate in Uniben. A medical doctor for that matter. What a country..

Call him and ask.
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by seunjungle1(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09
Didn't they read the terms and conditions of the loan they ventured into...your excuse is weak.

bobbybrown007:
They are always and very greedy, imagine collecting loan, and they want you to pay within 2 weeks? How? They will continue to borrow and not pay back.
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by underated(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09
fitinwell:

By Nature a Blooded Nigerian are greedy.. most especially the religious ones..

Ok how do you explain Landlords increasing house Rents knowing fully well that your Salary as not being increased or business not going fine as before...

What is the moral justification for house rent increments... Many of them are Pastors oo.. some elders in there place of Worship..

Talk more of Market Women..

Landlords use those houses for business. Same way a market woman increases the prices of her goods.

You may say the landlord didn’t build the house at inflated rates but the landlord daily expenses are also affected by inflation. He has to increase his income (rents) to meet up with expenditures.

It’s basic economics.
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Gift96: 1:16pm On Apr 09
The government should ban all of them
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by omooba969(m): 1:17pm On Apr 09
Saturnalia:
It goes both ways. Nigerians are the most insensitive & callous lots on the planet.

Borrow them money and try to recover your money at the stipulated time, they will fight you and conjure up meaningless & stupid things like “Na money I borrow, I no kill person”.

If I’m dealing with a Ghanaian, I stay attentive.

If I’m dealing with a South Afrikan, I stay vigilant.

But if I have any cause to deal with any Nigerian, I stay cautious, careful & circumspect.

There is a virus in every Nigerian that compels them to prey on ANYTHING OR ANYBODY they come in contact with.

Never use “God fearing and Nigerians” in the same sentence except you’re dealing with an Hausa from the North (I am talking from so many experiences).

If you’re dealing with any Nigerian and he/she mistakenly mentions “God”, run away from such a person.

Before the Naira depreciated badly against the Dollar, I go the market to buy groceries. The stupid & the greedy market women were selling foodstuffs at an exorbitant rates that were even higher than the price MOST SUPERMARKETS were selling.

Guess what? They blamed it on the Dollar.

They would conjure up stupid phrases like “Nigeria Lo’n Pebi” meaning “Nigeria is what they call this place”.

You see some greedy Car-Dealing nonentities selling “accidented” & “flooded” vehicles at mind boggling prices that can ALMOST buy you a “USED CLEAN TITLE” vehicles; and they blame it on the Dollar - EVEN NOW THAT THE DOLLAR IS RAPIDLY DEPRECIATING AGAINST THE NAIRA and IMPORT DUTIES have been reviewed downwards to stabilize the economy.

I could go on and on.

Ask yourself this question, if any of these Loan Shark Businesses were your own, what “debt recovery” method would you adopt in dealing with these callous Nigerians, who borrow money without the intention of ever paying back?

In conclusion, I don’t blame these Loan Shark Companies.

If you do not want to be humiliated by the Loan Sharks, THEN STAY AWAY FROM THEIR MONEY. Simple as ABC.

The vast majority of Nigerians are a very terrible special breed, no values whatsoever! undecided

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by RHINO123: 1:18pm On Apr 09
jd3trice:
Omo! Who did this to Henry.. This guy was my classmate in Uniben. A medical doctor for that matter. What a country..

oga u dy lie.... they pasted this stuff 2days ago at abuja campus.. uniport...... una dy lie sha... somtin wen everybody see
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Olaolex: 1:18pm On Apr 09
jamesversion:

Dis you see where they wrote their daughter "will be raped to death".

So you support such rubbish.
I don't support all the nonsense they wrote on that banner. It's stupidity of the highest order. There are other legal ways they can take to recover their money. They should not even expect any money again 'cause dead people don't pay debt. I'm not supporting any of them but bringing the defaulter Into this is uncalled for. Thanks for the correction sir/ma'am

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by flexyrule(m): 1:19pm On Apr 09
jd3trice:
Wow. Quite sad!
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Olaolex: 1:20pm On Apr 09
tellwisdom:

Call him and ask.
OMG! This is hilarious 🤣🤣🤣
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by brainhgeek(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09
'she will be raped to death'...that statement alone is enough to sue the company and send them down the abyss, never to be resurrected

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by aremubabs: 1:22pm On Apr 09
Buulabaaaa:

It’s scary they orientation most Nigerians have … even abroad here .. always trying to play smart .. even fellow African countries try to stay away from the callous lot .. I wonder why we as a country can’t endeavor to follow due process .. always trying to cut corners it’s disgusting 🤮.. if you borrow money pay as stipulated it’s that simple .. if you know you can’t pay don’t borrow .. And some fellows are here condemning the loan shark … forgetting there are consequences for stupid actions …

What are you even jabbering on about?

Do you know how many Americans are in debts, from mortgage to student loans, etc. If lenders resort to cheap abuse, blackmails and all that, you think society will continue to function optimally?

No one is saying that it is good to owe money, but there are ways for recovering debt. Legitimate lenders take you to court to recover their loans. They don't resort to lies, falsehood and criminal defamation.

Did you know that all of these criminal loan sharks originated in China? The Chinese government had to send them packing when the citizens began to complain about abuse and all. The loan sharks ran to India. Same complaints. Indians were committing suicide because of lies and falsehood. The Indian government drove them out.

Look at Okash, for example. OKash ran to Kenya and began to terrorize the Kenyans, driving people to commit suicide, sometimes over loans not more than a dollar. As soon as you default, they fabricate lies and tarnish your image. The Kenyan government clamped down on OKash. A variant of OKash appeared in Nigeria and continued its onslaught until Nigerians began to cry up to the government.

FCCPC began to deal with the loan sharks. Go and check OKash now. Once you default, they wait until your debt is critical (I think 90 things or so), and serve you a notice.

That is how it is done in sane countries. If you want to open a lending facility, especially one that gives unsecured loans, you need to understand that it is a very risky business. On no condition should desperation to retrieve your money make you lawless.

Defamation (libel), blackmail, and other tactics of these loan sharks are criminal offenses.

8 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by jamesversion: 1:23pm On Apr 09
Olaolex:
I don't support all the nonsense they wrote on that banner. It's stupidity of the highest order. There are other legal ways they can take to recover their money. They should not even expect any money again 'cause dead people don't pay debt. I'm not supporting any of them but bringing the defaulter Into this is uncalled for. Thanks for the correction sir/ma'am

Very well.

In as much as majority of Nigerians are defaulters by nature, circumstances can cause the most upright of fellows to fall into the category. Wishing death on someone and then a rape on their daughter is the most insensitive way to go about it.

Life is a gift. No one lives forever.

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Empresa: 1:27pm On Apr 09
With this, I swear I won't pay a dime anymore.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by flexyrule(m): 1:28pm On Apr 09
RHINO123:

oga u dy lie.... they pasted this stuff 2days ago at abuja campus.. uniport...... una dy lie sha... somtin wen everybody see
Don't be too quick to say that someone is lying.

Does the person in that picture look like a kid to you?

He might have graduated many years ago from Uniben and is currently living and working in Your university environs.

That you were able to identify that the poster was placed within the university campus, and the way you write points to the possibility that you're still a student

And I'll assume that you're less than 28 years.

Boy. You're still a kid. Don't be too quick to jump into conclusions and start calling people names.

8 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Olaolex: 1:32pm On Apr 09
jamesversion:

Very well.

In as much as majority of Nigerians are defaulters by nature, circumstances can cause the most upright of fellows to fall into the category. Wishing death on someone and then a rape on their daughter is the most insensitive way to go about it.

Life is a gift. No one lives forever.
You've said the truth.

What if these couple involved decide to sue them? But we are in a country where most her citizens don't know their right.

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Olaolex: 1:34pm On Apr 09
Empresa:
With this, I swear I won't pay a dime anymore.
Comrade this thing wey you type so, e show say you don activate your vawulence mode

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Moniya4Real(m): 1:37pm On Apr 09
They are both taking advantage of an underdeveloped financial system

Olaolex:
Loan sharks are evil and you that borrowed money from them with the intention of not paying back, you are more evil.
You deserve each other 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by AviatorMoney(m): 1:37pm On Apr 09
Saturnalia:
It goes both ways. Nigerians are the most insensitive & callous lots on the planet.

Borrow them money and try to recover your money at the stipulated time, they will fight you and conjure up meaningless & stupid things like “Na money I borrow, I no kill person”.

But if I have any cause to deal with any Nigerian, I stay cautious, careful & circumspect.

There is a virus in every Nigerian that compels them to prey on ANYTHING OR ANYBODY they come in contact with.

Never use “God fearing and Nigerians” in the same sentence except you’re dealing with an Hausa from the North (I am talking from so many experiences).

If you’re dealing with any Nigerian and he/she mistakenly mentions “God”, run away from such a person.

Before the Naira depreciated badly against the Dollar, I go the market to buy groceries. The stupid & the greedy market women were selling foodstuffs at an exorbitant rates that were even higher than the price MOST SUPERMARKETS were selling.

They would conjure up stupid phrases like “Nigeria Lo’n Pebi” meaning “Nigeria is what they call this place”.

You see some greedy Car-Dealing nonentities selling “accidented” & “flooded” vehicles at mind boggling prices that can ALMOST buy you a “USED CLEAN TITLE” vehicles; and they blame it on the Dollar - EVEN NOW THAT THE DOLLAR IS RAPIDLY DEPRECIATING AGAINST THE NAIRA and IMPORT DUTIES have been reviewed downwards to stabilize the economy.

I could go on and on.

Ask yourself this question, if any of these Loan Shark Businesses were your own, what “debt recovery” method would you adopt in dealing with these callous Nigerians, who borrow money without the intention of ever paying back?

If you do not want to be humiliated by the Loan Sharks, THEN STAY AWAY FROM THEIR MONEY. Simple as ABC.
Supported in all ramifications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by PROPEACE: 1:43pm On Apr 09
Nato008:

I don't get did the force u to borrow or did u not see terms and conditions, why u see them react like this is because we are wicked callous and evil people....why will someone borrow money and now begin to be begged to pay it back...?
The reason why western countries appeal to you and your country men so much that you are willing to sell your kidney to go there is because they are organized. There are rules regarding interest rates and certain kinds of loans are not even allowed. For a poor country like Nigeria, every sane person knows hardship can push people into accepting loans with ridiculous interest rates. Most of these companies are Chinese companies and I have heard stories of people that paid the loans and kept receiving calls from the loan companies. How can you people even find the voice to defend this exploitation of your country's poor by these people. It confounds me how some of you guys feel comfortable welcoming and hailing the wickedness that is making you to run away from your country in droves.

4 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by PROPEACE: 1:46pm On Apr 09
CatchMeIfUCanMO:
I hate people who don't pay their debts, i.e bad debtors, but this approach is a no no.

Omoh, they should just forget the money o.
Their interest rate is even stupid. Banks are the epitome of greed, but if they charge 20-30% per annum, why should someone be charging that kind of amount monthly at compound interest?

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by kkins25(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09
Luckily for me, the Ghanaian government arrested all of them😂😂😂..
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by LZAA: 1:47pm On Apr 09
Saturnalia:

I could go on and on.

"Before the Naira depreciated badly against the Dollar, I go the market to buy groceries. The stupid & the greedy market women were selling foodstuffs at an exorbitant rates that were even higher than the price MOST SUPERMARKETS were selling."
I know economics might not be your favourite topic but do you really rxpect market people to run at a loss so that they would not be GREEDY or STUPID?
Have you thought of the duties and fees they pay never even mind the rent
The way some of you reason is beyond scary
So someone should crash price of product to massage your ego?
😄😄😄
Smh

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Pat081: 1:48pm On Apr 09
Olaolex:
Loan sharks are evil and you that borrowed money from them with the intention of not paying back, you are more evil.
You deserve each other 😂😂😂
I don't believe the picture jo how will they do that when they are still alive
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by jd3trice(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09
What is wrong with people like you. What's my gain in telling lies about this?. Henry was my classmate in Uniben back in the mid 2000s.. It's sad this is happening.
RHINO123:

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Branco6(m): 1:52pm On Apr 09
aremubabs:

What are you even jabbering on about?

Do you know how many Americans are in debts, from mortgage to student loans, etc. If lenders resort to cheap abuse, blackmails and all that, you think society will continue to function optimally?

No one is saying that it is good to owe money, but there are ways for recovering debt. Legitimate lenders take you to court to recover their loans. They don't resort to lies, falsehood and criminal defamation.

Did you know that all of these criminal loan sharks originated in China? The Chinese government had to send them packing when the citizens began to complain about abuse and all. The loan sharks ran to India. Same complaints. Indians were committing suicide because of lies and falsehood. The Indian government drove them out.

Look at Okash, for example. OKash ran to Kenya and began to terrorize the Kenyans, driving people to commit suicide, sometimes over loans not more than a dollar. As soon as you default, they fabricate lies and tarnish your image. The Kenyan government clamped down on OKash. A variant of OKash appeared in Nigeria and continued its onslaught until Nigerians began to cry up to the government.

FCCPC began to deal with the loan sharks. Go and check OKash now. Once you default, they wait until your debt is critical (I think 90 things or so), and serve you a court notice.

That is how it is done in sane countries. If you want to open a lending facility, especially one that gives unsecured loans, you need to understand that it is a very risky business. On no condition should desperation to retrieve your money make you lawless.

Defamation (libel), blackmail, and other tactics of these loan sharks are criminal offenses.
Even Tanzania and Mozambique had to chase them away
Dem no fit even near North Africa
People wey never cross seme go dey yarn opata😄
No be im fault
Once you are used to anything goes you believe anything goes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by PROPEACE: 1:52pm On Apr 09
Pat081:
I don't believe the picture jo how will they do that when they are still alive
All you need is their picture, why are you people regarding these loan sharks like decent people? They are pigs that have no level of low they can't decend to.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by rollywise(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09
This is not the work of a loan shark. Na lie. Na their enemy do this one
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by sylve11: 1:53pm On Apr 09
Nukilia:
A lawless nation where criminals are dotted everywhere. Never use all these loan companies for any reason

I have also warned those who cares to listen.
cool
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Pat081: 1:54pm On Apr 09
PROPEACE:

All you need is their picture, why are you people regarding these loan sharks like decent people? They are pigs that have no level of low they can't decend to.
we are still saying the same thing
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by zedman1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09
bobbybrown007:
They are always and very greedy, imagine collecting loan, and they want you to pay within 2 weeks? How? They will continue to borrow and not pay back.
They didn't point a gun to your head. You read and agreed to their terms, why this excuse? Someone above just described the way most of you people behave. How do you guys sleep peacefully knowing you intentionally collected money from someone but purposely refuse to pay back at the agreed time?

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by drimzsmoke(m): 2:01pm On Apr 09
KingLennon:
You don't need to owe anybody, just live within your limit. Indebtedness kills the joy of your payday sad

Lolz, only people wey don owe money before go understand this last line. Everybody will be smiling after receiving salary and somebody will be indifferent, sad or angry!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by sylve11: 2:02pm On Apr 09
KingLennon:
You don't need to owe anybody, just live within your limit. Indebtedness kills the joy of your payday sad

Fact! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Hides His Money In A Can In Lagos - Pics / Spar Shopping Mall In Calabar Collapses, Customers Feared Trapped (Video) / Some Things I Have Learned So Far In Internet Marketing!!! You Need To See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.