Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters (61589 Views)

“I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) / See Hilarious Communication Between A Loan Shark Agent And A Customer. Pictures / Emefiele: CBN Will Seize Private Jets Belonging To Loan Defaulters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:02pm On Apr 09
Pussyisgud:
Ogun will kill them, if its me i wont pay the loan again i will just screenshot and save this banner since you have declared me dead.

Of course dey have given up on the money already
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by richie240: 2:02pm On Apr 09
Na money person dey take find money.
When a prospective defaulter sees this, e go rethink am b4 he default.

Some ppl think say den overwise.
#2 can play.
cool

Franklyspeakin:
"she will be raped to death"... hmmmmm this is not funny. the money spent on manufacturing this flex banner, was it worth it?

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Calitoscassius(m): 2:04pm On Apr 09
They are not clever, if they advertise the passing of their debtor how can the debtor pay if they are dead?.

I would like to borrow from them they can advertise my passing all they forking like, i don't care!
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by bobbybrown007: 2:05pm On Apr 09
zedman1:
They didn't point a gun to your head. You read and agreed to their terms, why this excuse? Someone above just described the way most of you people behave. How do you guys sleep peacefully knowing you intentionally collected money from someone but purposely refuse to pay back at the agreed time?
let me tell you what they do at times, the man might have the money to pay back but their customer service is very bad. at times when you borrow from them they don't even give you the exact amount you borrowed from them.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by jd3trice(m): 2:06pm On Apr 09
Exactly. We left Uniben many years ago. This country might have happened to him to resort to this. I will check up on him from a mutual friend that still has his contact.
flexyrule:
Don't be too quick to say that someone is lying.

Does the person in that picture look like a kid to you?

He might have graduated many years ago from Uniben and is currently living and working in Your university environs.

That you were able to identify that the poster was placed within the university campus, and the way you write points to the possibility that you're still a student

And I'll assume that you're less than 28 years.

Boy. You're still a kid. Don't be too quick to jump into conclusions and start calling people names.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by abobote: 2:07pm On Apr 09
Soliddust3030:
These loan companies are designed to put people into slavery and serious debt. When you borrow from them. They know borrows cannot meet up with the short loan durations, then they use another of their company to offer loan to the person. The person starts borrowing from A to pay B, before he realizes he is owing huge amount and cant meet up. Stay away from them, govt need to impose fines on any bank working providing account. Jail term for any Staff working with them. Stay away from them they ruin lives.
I didn't see any sense in what you said
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by richie240: 2:09pm On Apr 09
Obviously you don't know how this these things work.

They have all your contacts. They will announce to all of them that you are owing them and refused to pay. How will the matter not get to the hearing of your employers, clients, friends and family members now?

Don't play with those guys o.
cool
Calitoscassius:
They are not clever, if they advertise the passing of their debtor how can the debtor pay if they are dead?.

I would like to borrow from them they can advertise my passing all they forking like, i don't care!

See what I was saying: someone recognized the defaulter
vvvv
jd3trice:
Omo! Who did this to Henry.. This guy was my classmate in Uniben. A medical doctor for that matter. What a country..
Sorry bro, henry did it to himself.
cool
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by tojahh(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09
If a loan shark actually do this to me.. na me go dey find them by myself. No be them go dey call me because like this, the battleline is drawn beyond repair.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by richie240: 2:14pm On Apr 09
They came to you begging u to collect loan or you were the one who begged them for loan??

When u wanted to collect the loan weren't u aware it was for a 2-week period??

Na d callousness we dey talk about be this!
cool
bobbybrown007:
They are always and very greedy, imagine collecting loan, and they want you to pay within 2 weeks? How? They will continue to borrow and not pay back.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Pootle: 2:15pm On Apr 09
you hear say something na shark you go put hand for the mouth cool

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by dauntless15(m): 2:20pm On Apr 09
I'd be so happy If I were the victim, dead people don't pay loans. grin

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by drimzsmoke(m): 2:21pm On Apr 09
Jokerman:
Even if you want to borrow,borrow what you can afford and try to use reliable loan apps that can break your loan into monthly repayments.

Carbon
PalmPay

And they reason with you, if you default by 1 or 2 days...

Se this same palmpay that will borrow you 60k and ask you to pay back 73k in 7days time

Theirs is even better, Se you see those real loan sharks, please RUN!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by richie240: 2:23pm On Apr 09
No evidence!
They didn't put their name there.

You think say na today d loan sharks don dey manufacture obituary poster for defaulters??

CrossRhodes:

Who knows he can win in court sef with a good lawyer....I think they just provided evidence incase it goes to court...
If the judge see the poster, na to declare say the man don die and na bad debt... everybody go house
They are wise; they know exactly what they are doing.
Don't mess with those guys Biko, den go finish u with experience!
cool

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Thomasankara(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09
[/color]are u a medical doctor and what set?[color=#770077]
jd3trice:
Omo! Who did this to Henry.. This guy was my classmate in Uniben. A medical doctor for that matter. What a country..
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by RemKen: 2:31pm On Apr 09
jd3trice:
Plz find a way to get to him, lots of people are going through many things. Loan shark with 85% interest per month is devil incarnate but many Nigerians borrowed money with an intention not to pay back which is equally evil.
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by drimzsmoke(m): 2:41pm On Apr 09
flexyrule:
Don't be too quick to say that someone is lying.

Does the person in that picture look like a kid to you?

He might have graduated many years ago from Uniben and is currently living and working in Your university environs.

That you were able to identify that the poster was placed within the university campus, and the way you write points to the possibility that you're still a student

And I'll assume that you're less than 28 years.

Boy. You're still a kid. Don't be too quick to jump into conclusions and start calling people names.

25 years max!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Elidrisy20: 2:44pm On Apr 09
Truely this is not good
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Honestey: 2:52pm On Apr 09
How can you do this and even saying their daughter will be raped to death? It's not their fault FG has to stand up and fight for people because those loan Shark people knew the stupid manner they give people loan make it hard for them to recover back the loans from defaulers so they usually results to threats, intimidation, other false allegations and defamation of character like this.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by skuribeebo: 2:54pm On Apr 09
E no go better for anybody wey collect loan and did not pay back.

2 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by caye(m): 2:54pm On Apr 09
By now , loan sharks will be using village "science men" to get their money back.
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by flexyrule(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09
jd3trice:
Exactly. We left Uniben many years ago. This country might have happened to him to resort to this. I will check up on him from a mutual friend that still has his contact.
Please ooooo. I won't mind to send a little assistance to him please.

Just send me a DM when you get his details.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by flexyrule(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09
richie240:
They came to you begging u to collect loan or you were the one who begged them for loan??

When u wanted to collect the loan weren't u aware it was for a 2-week period??

Na d callousness we dey talk about be this!
cool
You're sounding like one of their staff.

Jumping from pillar to post, defending evil.

I won't blame you for working in such a toxic environment. Country hard...!

But when you do evil, go home and pray to God to better your situation. Don't try to justify evil!

7 Likes

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by XOGBADO(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09
This is a lawless nation. However, I am more worried about the mental health of the Op who posted this with a laughing emoji
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Ezekiel2122(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09
Saturnalia:

If you do not want to be humiliated by the Loan Sharks, THEN STAY AWAY FROM THEIR MONEY. Simple as ABC.
Funny enough! If this is the method they want to be using they should expect million of Nigerians to troop in and borrow from them... This won't move since people still

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by richie240: 3:03pm On Apr 09
Sorry, I'm not their staff.

One of my friends has fallen victim of their schenanigans before.
I wasn't there when he collected loan, neither was I aware, but when he defaulted, they sent me a message, which I know they would've done to all his remaining contacts.

My grouse is that we don't like accepting responsibility as humans. I nor understand how person go see snake for ground, put hand for hin mouth come dey complain say snake bite am.
cool
flexyrule:
You're sounding like one of their staff.

Jumping from pillar to post, defending evil.

I won't blame you for working in such a toxic environment. Country hard...!

But when you do evil, go home and pray to God to better your situation. Don't try to justify evil!

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by flexyrule(m): 3:13pm On Apr 09
richie240:
Sorry, I'm not their staff.

One of my friends has fallen victim of their schenanigans before.
I wasn't there when he collected loan, neither was I aware, but when he defaulted, they sent me a message, which I know they would've done to all his remaining contacts.

My grouse is that we don't like accepting responsibility as humans. I nor understand how person go see snake for ground, put hand for hin mouth come dey complain say snake bite you.
cool
I can send you documents relating to a transaction where someone borrowed appx 50m from my company since 2020 and hasn't paid back till date.

Man isn't dead, we are not in court and I haven't defamed him. I only reported the matter to the EFCC who arrested him for issuance of a dud cheque. From there they were able to recover less than 10% of the money.

I know where he stays, I know where his office is and that loan almost folded up my business.

1 Like

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by TheMostComplex1: 3:18pm On Apr 09
Saturnalia:
It goes both ways. Nigerians are the most insensitive & callous lots on the planet.

Borrow them money and try to recover your money at the stipulated time, they will fight you and conjure up meaningless & stupid things like “Na money I borrow, I no kill person”.

If I’m dealing with a Ghanaian, I stay attentive.

If I’m dealing with a South Afrikan, I stay vigilant.

But if I have any cause to deal with any Nigerian, I stay cautious, careful & circumspect.

There is a virus in every Nigerian that compels them to prey on ANYTHING OR ANYBODY they come in contact with.

Never use “God fearing and Nigerians” in the same sentence except you’re dealing with an Hausa from the North (I am talking from so many experiences).

If you’re dealing with any Nigerian and he/she mistakenly mentions “God”, run away from such a person.

Before the Naira depreciated badly against the Dollar, I go the market to buy groceries. The stupid & the greedy market women were selling foodstuffs at an exorbitant rates that were even higher than the price MOST SUPERMARKETS were selling.

Guess what? They blamed it on the Dollar.

They would conjure up stupid phrases like “Nigeria Lo’n Pebi” meaning “Nigeria is what they call this place”.

You see some greedy Car-Dealing nonentities selling “accidented” & “flooded” vehicles at mind boggling prices that can ALMOST buy you a “USED CLEAN TITLE” vehicles; and they blame it on the Dollar - EVEN NOW THAT THE DOLLAR IS RAPIDLY DEPRECIATING AGAINST THE NAIRA and IMPORT DUTIES have been reviewed downwards to stabilize the economy.

I could go on and on.

Ask yourself this question, if any of these Loan Shark Businesses were your own, what “debt recovery” method would you adopt in dealing with these callous Nigerians, who borrow money without the intention of ever paying back?

In conclusion, I don’t blame these Loan Shark Companies.

If you do not want to be humiliated by the Loan Sharks, THEN STAY AWAY FROM THEIR MONEY. Simple as ABC.

Your conclusion is absolutely correct

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by IntelLord: 3:36pm On Apr 09
flexyrule:
I can send you documents relating to a transaction where someone borrowed appx 50m from my company since 2020 and hasn't paid back till date.

Man isn't dead, we are not in court and I haven't defamed him. I only reported the matter to the EFCC who arrested him for issuance of a dud cheque. From there they were able to recover less than 10% of the money.

I know where he stays, I know where his office is and that loan almost folded up my business.

Wow, sorry about this. Sad. They couldn't even get up to N5 million back from him?

Did you ever find out what he did with the remaining >90% (>N45 million)?

He put it into businesses that failed? Got scammed? Gambled it away, or...?
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by Bimpe29: 3:46pm On Apr 09
This is more than an expensive jokes
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by newoffer: 3:49pm On Apr 09
Na so newcredit dey worry me say I borrow money not knowing that some yahoo boys use fake details take collect money from them. They disturb me threatened me with lots of stuffs. I told them I can send my unclothedness if they wanna be stupid. Me na typical Lagos born u don't threaten me with rubbish. After long wahala they agree I did not borrow money because I did not get money in any account. The last thing I do na to borrow money. Access Bank don romance with loan I don't need
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by newoffer: 3:51pm On Apr 09
The rich men know how to play the system. They borrow huge money and the worst is they pay 10 percent and pay u back in tranches if the money is not gone to thin air.
IntelLord:

Wow, sorry about this. Sad. They couldn't even get up to N5 million back from him?

Did you ever find out what he did with the remaining >90% (>N45 million)?

He put it into businesses that failed? Got scammed? Gambled it away, or...?
Re: 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters by KingLennon(m): 3:55pm On Apr 09
[quote author=drimzsmoke post=129347553]

Lolz, only people wey don owe money before go understand this last line. Everybody will be smiling after receiving salary and somebody will be indifferent, sad or angry!!!

I swear....I've been there b4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Hides His Money In A Can In Lagos - Pics / Spar Shopping Mall In Calabar Collapses, Customers Feared Trapped (Video) / Some Things I Have Learned So Far In Internet Marketing!!! You Need To See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.