Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 (24407 Views)

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room / “our Mother Ran Away, Dad Travelled”: Nigerian Lady Sees 5 Children Living Alone / Married, But Living As Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Ofunaofu: 4:04pm On Apr 19
GenSpecifics:

And your likes will tell us here that there is also nothing wrong with baby factories .

We are talking about Igba-boi as a form of apprenticeship not baby factories

Stay on the subject matter, stop leaping around like an antelope

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by travelzcruix: 4:06pm On Apr 19
If man no work how e won chop, infact survival in Nigeria should be taught as early as age 2. Culture shock is when you think Nigeria is flowing with Milk and honey cos you eat three square meal a day. In your 20's, you will know why they call us poverty capital.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by GenSpecifics: 4:08pm On Apr 19
Ofunaofu:

It's slavery and child slavery to be precise.

Being an unpaid shop assistant or a child house help are the same thing - child labour exploitation.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by CursedOsuPigs: 4:10pm On Apr 19
SeeWahala:

Don't mind them ewedu gobblers grin statisense has been hitting them back to back with unadulterated truths concerning their fake lagos Ibadan expressway media lies since last year cheesy

Now they have started calling nwa boy igbos learning a trade 'live in house helps' due to hate, jealousy and envy lol 😆 of the igbos and their 2 by 2 shops

Chei! Agbad0rians sha 😒

Yinmu🤣

Dey deceive yourself. Who cares what you guys do with your lives.

Wetin konsine us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Xtranoble: 4:12pm On Apr 19
immortalcrown:
I don't believe it is that low in Ebonyi.

Meanwhile, no region comes close to the North in this case if the research is properly conducted.

Enter farms in the North, check underaged nomads within and outside the North, check the female teenagers in girl-child marriages. Then, tell me how another region will rank higher than the North in this case.

IRoN CONDEMNED
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by GenSpecifics: 4:13pm On Apr 19
Ofunaofu:

In the late 19th to early 20th century, he carried a slave-trading license from the Royal Niger Company, an English corporation that ruled southern Nigeria. His agents captured slaves across the region and passed them to middlemen, who brought them to the ports of Bonny and Calabar and sold them to white merchants. [b]Slavery had already been abolished in the United States and the United Kingdom, but his slaves were legally shipped to Cuba and Brazil. [/b]To win his favor, local leaders gave him their daughters in marriage. (By his death, he had dozens of wives.) His influence drew the attention of colonial officials, who appointed him chief of Umujieze and several other towns. He presided over court cases and set up churches and schools. He built a guesthouse on the land where my parents’ home now stands, and hosted British dignitaries. To inform him of their impending arrival and verify their identities, guests sent him envelopes containing locks of their Caucasian hair.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by LegendHero(m): 4:14pm On Apr 19
huptin:

There are only four $ Billionaires in Nigeria today : Dangote, Adenuga, Rabiu and Otedola. Which one of them is your brother?

Forbes are hating on my twin brother. They are envious organization.

My non existent twin brother is even more richer than Elon Musk.

3 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by GenSpecifics: 4:15pm On Apr 19
Ofunaofu:

The British tried to end slavery among the Igbo in the early nineteen-hundreds, though the practice persisted into the nineteen-forties. In the early years of abolition, by British recommendation, masters adopted their freed slaves into their extended families. One of the slaves who joined my family was Nwaokonkwo, a convicted murderer from another village who chose slavery as an alternative to capital punishment and eventually became Nwaubani Ogogo’s most trusted manservant. In the nineteen-forties, after my great-grandfather was long dead, Nwaokonkwo was accused of attempting to poison his heir, Igbokwe, in order to steal a plot of land. My family sentenced him to banishment from the village. When he heard the verdict, he ran down the hill, flung himself on Nwaubani Ogogo’s grave, and wept, saying that my family had once given him refuge and was now casting him out. Eventually, my ancestors allowed him to remain, but instructed all their freed slaves to drop our surname and choose new names. “If they had been behaving better, they would have been accepted,” my father said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by beyondPen(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19
Umunzeorumba:
My twin brother drop out of university in 2010 to become a servant(nwa boyi)to his oga in Lagos,today he has his own mansion and other properties worth millions of naira.Same is applicable to his oga who also served and today is a billionier in naira.

Guy some don't become any millionaire. Some are used and dump.

Igbos are beginning to wake up from that apprenticeship bullshit. Only the poor igbos believe that.

The rich igbos i know cant even try let their kids out of them sites. They rather take care of their kids by themselves.

Even if some become successful their emotions have already been affected for go good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Ritchiee: 4:17pm On Apr 19
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bestmanfornow: 4:18pm On Apr 19
Khyrvxjzy:

mention one great ibo business man?

just one
Innoson, Ibeto, Coscharis Maduka started apprenticeship at the age of 13, majority of our wealthy people that's their foundation not those criminals that are milking Nigeria common wealth

This is 8yrs ago

3 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by GenSpecifics: 4:19pm On Apr 19
Bestmanfornow:

Innoson, Ibeto, Coscharis Maduka started apprenticeship at the age of 13, majority of our wealthy people that's their foundation not those criminals that are milking Nigeria common wealth

This is 8yrs ago

Of course slavery and human trafficking has always been the bedrock of Ibo economy .
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by AK481(m): 4:19pm On Apr 19
Boy is now classified as maid
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by nedekid: 4:21pm On Apr 19
For professional house helps, ogoja, cross river will be No1.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by hardon1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 19
Use the right word APPRENTICESHIP
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bestmanfornow: 4:31pm On Apr 19
GenSpecifics:

Of course slavery and human trafficking has always been the bedrock of Ibo economy .
I understand you guys bitterness and envy Coscharis started at the age of 13 yrs to serve his master to learn how to manage business and money today he is one of the success stories that littered Igbo land, that why even Oxford University has adopted the teaching of Igbo apprenticeship system, while the weak and wicked minds are mucking the system, the other day I saw huge numbers of frustrated young boys in Ogun sleeping in betting shop, Betting companies are dominated by your people lazy minds

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Ritchiee: 4:34pm On Apr 19
SE and slavery are like 5&6 grin
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Umunzeorumba: 4:35pm On Apr 19
Khyrvxjzy:

mention one great ibo business man?

just one
Tony Elumelu UBA,Arnest Aziadialu Nestoil,Nkiru Emzor paracetamol,Innocent Chukwuma Innoson motors,Cosmas Maduka Cosacharis motors,Air peace etc

2 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by nesphil(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19
Beggars region grin

YorubaDemonswag:
Servant region, slave to isreal and Obiduncegrin
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by hammer567: 4:40pm On Apr 19
STATISTICS YOU DEVELOPED INSIDE YOUR YORUBA YANSH ABI?

ANY IDIOT CAN JUST WAKE UP, WRITE DOWN NUMBERS AND BECAUSE IT IS A YORUBA SITE, RUN IT ON FP.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Justnation: 4:40pm On Apr 19
An agbado muncher at his best dishing out useless statistics as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by huptin(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19
LegendHero:

Forbes are hating on my twin brother. They are envious organization.

My non existent twin brother is even more richer than Elon Musk.

Lol.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by GenSpecifics: 4:43pm On Apr 19
Bestmanfornow:

I understand you guys bitterness and envy Coscharis started at the age of 13 yrs to serve his master to learn how to manage business and money today he is one of the success stories that littered Igbo land, that why even Oxford University has adopted the teaching of Igbo apprenticeship system, while the weak and wicked minds are mucking the system, the other day I saw huge numbers of frustrated young boys in Ogun sleeping in betting shop, Betting companies are dominated by your people lazy minds

Unlike you people , most Nigerians are not covetous in nature.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Focusmind: 4:45pm On Apr 19
I don't know why Anambra people are "protesting" against this statistics. Most homes in Anambra have one maid or the other, from Ebonyi, Calabar or Akwaibom. The statistics was not about the indigenes. It was about family homes with maid servants, umu-boi and other hired servants. There is nothing wrong with the stat. The same thing is happening in Lagos among the Anambrians. I have not seen any growing Anambra family without a maid servant or nwa-boi. Maid servant and nwa-boi system are very common in Anambra culture. It is not a CRIME!

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Sniper101(m): 4:48pm On Apr 19
LegendHero:

Rivers is my own surprise.

Aside Almajiris who do not fit into these description, how many Northerners have you seen being used as slaves across families?

As in ehn
Rivers own shock me o

Imagine Akwa Ibom being at number 9 and Rivers state on number 3 😯

I wonder who conjured up this sh!tty statistics
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by aspabay(m): 4:49pm On Apr 19
anungangampu:
Let them define child labour.. Seems they counted Boyi Boyi as Child labour.
Useless statistics.

Na statistics we go chop?
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Umunzeorumba: 4:49pm On Apr 19
Ritchiee:

That was a Fayose propaganda.
How will Yoruba send people to SEsterners who do not know how to build and sustain businesses.

Name one Igbo business that is up to 35 years.
None,They have all crumbled because of Igbo laziness and incompetence.

Yorubas have businesses that have lasted for more than 120,100,90 years and still counting.

Would you learn from an incompetent person?
Shows yoruba businesses that is greater than AZ oils,EMZOR paracetamol,COSACHARIS motors,AIR peace,NESTOIL,TIGER FOODS,TUMMY noodles,MASTER noodles,CHICKEN noodles,SEPLAT OIL,OILSERV,UNITED NIGERIA AIRLINE,ZINOX computers,UBA,FIDELITY bank,ERISCO tomatoes,SONIA tomatoes,CUTIZ cables,SEA HORSE lubricants,CAPITAL oil,INNOSON motors etc.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Musauzor(m): 4:51pm On Apr 19
Fake statistics as usual.You are calling potential millionaires( apprentices) mere servants. What do you call almajiris?
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by aspabay(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19
hammer567:
STATISTICS YOU DEVELOPED INSIDE YOUR YORUBA YANSH ABI?
ANY IDIOT CAN JUST WAKE UP, WRITE DOWN NUMBERS AND BECAUSE IT IS A YORUBA SITE, RUN IT ON FP.

when Tinubu said this una dey abuse am
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Thonee(m): 4:56pm On Apr 19
For the Igbos living as servant is very common cos it is the Igbos apprentice system in which the servants are settled after serving their masters for the number of years agreed.
It's the best form of servant cos most those boys will come out and start their own businesses and become a boss.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:58pm On Apr 19
Hez143:
watch as they'll call the statistic useless!!
And then quote it when it Benefits them grin you sabi them wella
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Allisgud: 5:00pm On Apr 19
LegendHero:

Rivers is my own surprise.

Aside Almajiris who do not fit into these description, how many Northerners have you seen being used as slaves across families?
the rich families in the north who do they put in their houses as servant is it okon or emeka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Slams Husband For His Derogatory Comment On Women Who Miscarry Their Babies / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? / 16-Year-Old Female Student Goes Missing (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.