Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 (24377 Views)

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room / “our Mother Ran Away, Dad Travelled”: Nigerian Lady Sees 5 Children Living Alone / Married, But Living As Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Unbiased1: 6:31pm On Apr 19
Tflex01:

Dey whine yourself. 😂

Ok. cool
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Benwallt(m): 6:34pm On Apr 19
Umunzeorumba:
My twin brother drop out of university in 2010 to become a servant(nwa boyi)to his oga in Lagos,today he has his own mansion and other properties worth millions of naira.Same is applicable to his oga who also served and today is a billionier in naira.

Not all that starts well ends well. Many rose much more fell
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by yommen: 6:37pm On Apr 19
Umunzeorumba:
My twin brother drop out of university in 2010 to become a servant(nwa boyi)to his oga in Lagos,today he has his own mansion and other properties worth millions of naira.Same is applicable to his oga who also served and today is a billionier in naira.

Audio billionaire.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by prophetfire: 6:39pm On Apr 19
nairalanda1:
Ah, the usual igbos vs Yoruba thread.

Sitting here with the popcorn as I watch grown ass men disgrace themselves.

( Munch munch)

Kind of a disgrace we have child labor, even in the OPs home region.

Anyway, let the show begin.

( You can use the ignore button )
. People fight over this fake and useless statistics?
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Tflex01: 6:41pm On Apr 19
Herdsmen:
Igba boy is the basic of igbos economic growth .. and major reason igbos in reality are above poverty .. comfortable and self reliance.

Unlike the Yoruba people that sit and wait for Government handout call salaries.. while shouting sophistication

Listen
Aside Lagos .. and Ibadan .. not Oyo.. the whole of southwest is an abandoned region .. with poverty and hunger ravaging..

The youths in those region call themselves farmers .. but produces nothing

If am lying any nairaland can travel or visit any Yoruba state for confirmation

Not online gist

The North is another region where many of their youths remain unproductive

But the southwest Yoruba people remain the number one of unproductive youths .. especially males
They learn handwork .. without capital to start after freedom

The boyi boyi .. invest their time and years 4/5.. and in next 6 month of being Oga.. they’re already in their way to China Far East .. to import

Without fraud , internet fraud , rituals .. culture.. southwest would have been the poverty capital of Africa

This is the reality and honest fact.

Trash as usual. 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Gboom: 6:43pm On Apr 19
Ofunaofu:

This is what I wanted to ask too

Did they include igba-boi in this statistics?

Igba-boi is not childs labour. It's a form of apprenticeship. Most Great Igbo Businessmen started from Igba-boi
Most apprentice are like slaves too because they are used as domestic staffs by their oga and his wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Lamasta(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19
immortalcrown:
I don't believe it is that low in Ebonyi.

Meanwhile, no region comes close to the North in this case if the research is properly conducted.

Enter farms in the North, check underaged nomads within and outside the North, check the female teenagers in girl-child marriages. Then, tell me how another region will rank higher than the North in this case.

The topic says children serving as servants not almajiri
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Benwallt(m): 6:45pm On Apr 19
Bulldozer90:
Except they did not define what they mean as 'servants'

That should be a mischievous and misleading statistics if apprentists are counted as servants.

Southeast has the least out of school children so no one believes your narrative.

I never believe this, not for a sec. No one believes it really

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bestmanfornow: 6:46pm On Apr 19
Khyrvxjzy:

let me make it easy for you

name a billionaire business man from south east
Igbo woman own the biggest pharmaceutical company in Nigeria while you are dragging Forbes magazine

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Image123(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19
i remember when Akwa Ibom people used to top this chart nationwide and as a comic relief even. Until they had Akpabio as governor. Unfortunately, the defenders of those topping the charts now will make excuses, throw tantrums and insult everyone.

2 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Khyrvxjzy: 6:50pm On Apr 19
Bestmanfornow:

Igbo woman own the biggest pharmaceutical company in Nigeria while you are dragging Forbes magazine

name a billionaire in south east

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Khyrvxjzy: 6:51pm On Apr 19
Bestmanfornow:

Another Igbo woman Nkechi Obi the is what she built from foundation

is she a billionaire?

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by YorubaDemonswag: 6:51pm On Apr 19
nesphil:
Beggars region grin

Where you dey servegrin
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Khyrvxjzy: 6:52pm On Apr 19
Bestmanfornow:

Alakija is over hype by you guys known for propaganda if I ask you to name what she manufacturer outside the oil block IBB gave her you will go mute, Dangote products and other Igbo products are everywhere what her product that's popular in the market

before you enter public transportation
you will ask driver if hes using dangote or alakija oil?
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by NairalandGOAT1: 6:52pm On Apr 19
immortalcrown:
I don't believe it is that low in Ebonyi.

Meanwhile, no region comes close to the North in this case if the research is properly conducted.

Enter farms in the North, check underaged nomads within and outside the North, check the female teenagers in girl-child marriages. Then, tell me how another region will rank higher than the North in this case.

I'm still waiting for them to come out with the statistics of the region or state with children and underage bandits

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bulldozer90: 6:54pm On Apr 19
Benwallt:

I never believe this, not for a sec. No one believes it really
you don't need to.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bestmanfornow: 6:57pm On Apr 19
Khyrvxjzy:

is she a billionaire?
No she's a millionaire otondo 🤣🤣🤣
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Machinegun91(m): 7:12pm On Apr 19
That shows Benue state is rich
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by ariesbull: 7:13pm On Apr 19
FreeStuffsNG:

It's actually South East versus North East competing for the top spot for who is the worst in child right neglect. Not everything is funny and definitely this is not funny, these are real children whose destiny and lives are at grievous risk.

Here's calling on the authorities, especially states Governors, to address this serious problem.

The two zones are the hotspots of terrorism in Nigeria and this could be a feeder to the terrorism prevalent in North East and South East of Nigeria.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Igbo women are just the cause ....very vindictive

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Umunzeorumba: 7:16pm On Apr 19
Khyrvxjzy:

non of them is great like alakija
Mention 20 popular yoruba richmen and their businesses let's compare.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by dequir: 7:28pm On Apr 19
Umunzeorumba:

In Igbo man's mind, everyone of their rich men is a billionaire, just because they built a mansion in their village.

I worked for donkey years in a reputable bank, having access to many accounts across many branches. The number of accounts, personal or companies, I saw billion balances on them are not that many. So where do the Igbo men saw the billionaires many of them are claiming littering their region?
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Christlike01: 7:30pm On Apr 19
Na today ? No be today nah,e don tey!

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Umunzeorumba: 7:34pm On Apr 19
MightySparrow:

You guys are funny. With all these the richest igbo man is number what in Nigeria, Africa, world?
mention the top 20 richest men in Nigeria,we want to check something.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Khyrvxjzy: 7:47pm On Apr 19
Umunzeorumba:

i wont mention the men

i will mention women alakija

you mention a men up to alakija in south east. mention any billionaire in south east with fraud money or politician or business men

mention
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Khyrvxjzy: 7:47pm On Apr 19
Umunzeorumba:

just mention one not 20
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Khyrvxjzy: 7:52pm On Apr 19
Bestmanfornow:

No she's a millionaire otondo 🤣🤣🤣

oh you thought i am talking about million in naira, no i mean dollar

alakija was a billionaire

name any billionaire in dollar in south east
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by toujurs: 7:59pm On Apr 19
anungangampu:
Let them define child labour.. Seems they counted Boyi Boyi as Child labour.
Useless statistics.
Exactly my thoughts. But they are still servants. Regardless they came to learn trade

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Umunzeorumba: 8:17pm On Apr 19
Khyrvxjzy:

i wont mention the men

i will mention women alakija

you mention a men up to alakija in south east. mention any billionaire in south east with fraud money or politician or business men

mention
Tony Elumelu UBA,is richer than that hoe.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Zorn: 8:30pm On Apr 19
LegendHero:

It means those living as servants, those hawking goods for their parents, and other Labour.
The stats should be true for obvious reasons , but lots of those children are still going to school . Their parents mostly allow them to come to the shop after school to learn the business or because there is no one to leave the kids with at home when they come back from school. An igbo woman frying akara will have mostly her children as her workers but doesnt stop the kids from attending good schools if she can afford it , if you have more out of school children in your how town and they are not engaged that is the problem.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Khyrvxjzy: 8:34pm On Apr 19
Umunzeorumba:
Tony Elumelu UBA,is richer than that hoe.

no by Forbes tony was/is never a billionaire
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by dbestuncle: 8:38pm On Apr 19
Hawking after school is not child labour, but when it's done during school or there are evidences to prove that the child isn't going to school then it is be child labour.
LegendHero:

It means those living as servants, those hawking goods for their parents, and other Labour.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Umunzeorumba: 8:40pm On Apr 19
Khyrvxjzy:

no by Forbes tony was/is never a billionaire
Alakija is not a billionaire in dollars as of today,Elumelu is rank ahead of her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Minna After 17 Years (Photo) / Missing 3-year Old Child / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.