Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 (24387 Views)

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room / “our Mother Ran Away, Dad Travelled”: Nigerian Lady Sees 5 Children Living Alone / Married, But Living As Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Ofunaofu: 3:24pm On Apr 19
GenSpecifics:

It's pure slavery

It's apprenticeship

Maybe, apprenticeship is slavery from where you come from

3 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Caleb15(m): 3:24pm On Apr 19
What is brown roof top?
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by grandstar(m): 3:24pm On Apr 19
Let's not destroy this thread by being prejudiced.

What are the parameters used in reaching these numbers?

I worked part-time as an admin manager in my cousin's private security company. I was in charge of documenting new recruits.

The state I registered the least was that of Anambra. I doubt I registered up to 5. For many states in the South, some were in 3 digits, others 2 digits.

Anambra people are probably the richest per capita in Nigeria.

The term servant here I suspect should be loosely used.

In Igbo culture, it is common to get a boy from the village who'll work in your trade as an indentured servant for some years. After some years, depending on the agreement, his master now provides him enough capital to launch out on his own.

I feel a lot of those servants fall under the above.

Please note I am 100% Yoruba. No prejudice here

7 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by stanbright(m): 3:25pm On Apr 19
PressMyButton:

Igba boi are the number one in the category of child slavery. A lot of people denigrate Ebonyians but the truth is Anambra boys are at the top of the ladder, the ibo apprenticeship system is a form of formal child slavery acceptable among ibo society.
Never a form of slavery
Many boys make it through this means, so what are you talking about?
Are you this daft
Or you don't know the meaning of slavery?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by stanbright(m): 3:25pm On Apr 19
PressMyButton:

There's no child labour worse than igba/nwa boi. It is an organised child labour with the complicity of the parents. In a situation whereby these boys literally become servants for their masters and their madams at home. They sleep inside the containers, wake up early to open the shop, run errands for Oga madam in the day, clean up the poo of Oga's kids, go to their Oga's house to wash plates and clean the toilets, all for a plate of food. Nwa boys go through the most pathetic condition of existence.
After that what happens?
Answer and see how stupid you are

3 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Pootle: 3:26pm On Apr 19
nairalanda1:

cheesy grin

the war don enter 3page grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by babajero(m): 3:26pm On Apr 19
LegendHero:
CHILDREN [0-17YRS] LIVING AS SERVANT (LIVE-IN) 2021

1 🟢Anambra — 28%
2 🟢Imo — 16.1%
3 🟤Rivers — 8.9%
4 🟢Abia — 8.3%
5 🟤Edo — 7.5%
6 🟢Ebonyi — 6.9%
7 🟢Enugu — 6.4%
8 🔴Kaduna — 6%
9 🟤Akwa Ibom — 3.6%
10 🟠FCT — 3.5%

🟠NC 🔴NW 🟢SE 🟤SS
That is why they have lower rates of destitutes.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Svoboda(m): 3:26pm On Apr 19
immortalcrown:
I don't believe it is that low in Ebonyi.

Meanwhile, no region comes close to the North in this case if the research is properly conducted.

Enter farms in the North, check underaged nomads within and outside the North, check the female teenagers in girl-child marriages. Then, tell me how another region will rank higher than the North in this case.

The stat isnt about under age marriages neither is it about child nomads. It is about child live-in servants.

The stat is actually talking about child servants who live in each state and not necessarily about their states of origin.

Anambra has the highest, going by the data provided. I can bet you about 90 percent of the children involved in this inhuman, condemnable practice arent from anambra.

Govt and society have to ensure that parents do not sacrifice their childrens emotional and psychological wellbeing as a route out of poverty.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Khyrvxjzy: 3:27pm On Apr 19
Ofunaofu:

This is what I wanted to ask too

Did they include igba-boi in this statistics?

Igba-boi is not childs labour. It's a form of apprenticeship. Most Great Igbo Businessmen started from Igba-boi

mention one great ibo business man?

just one
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Christistruth00: 3:28pm On Apr 19
grin
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by XBLadez: 3:28pm On Apr 19
Child of fallen coward demon, try seeing this site and clear your ignorance. Last I checked, StatiSense is owned by a coneheaded figure in Southwa.ste.
https://www.africanevents.com/the-most-brilliant-black-african-race-facts-and-figures-from-the-us-academic-report/
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by sunsweet33: 3:29pm On Apr 19
Where are the classification criteria…what is the essence of posting this without context…
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by yewit37486: 3:31pm On Apr 19
nairalanda1:
Ah, the usual igbos vs Yoruba thread.

Sitting here with the popcorn as I watch grown ass men disgrace themselves.

( Munch munch)

Kind of a disgrace we have child labor, even in the OPs home region.

Anyway, let the show begin.

( You can use the ignore button )

Aptly put. I call it the show of shame, thread after thread, that's all they do. Bunch of unproductive human beings.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by YourKarma: 3:31pm On Apr 19
lionshare:

May God bless you

God bless him for yarning bullshit? Seems you smoke the same brand of weed that guy smokes
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Makunahatata: 3:32pm On Apr 19
Bestmanfornow:

Same servant system built Igbo land after the civil war, the are being thought how to manage money while your people are being thought Owambe and extravagant lifestyle that is why typical states in your region are covered by Brown roof, while those serving to know how to manage wealth you can see the difference, former governor of Ekiti once called for Yoruba youths to go and learn igbo apprenticeship system, he understand the huge impact the system is doing to Igbos after the civil war
why this thing pepper una like this 😂

2 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bestmanfornow: 3:32pm On Apr 19
LegendHero:
CHILDREN [0-17YRS] LIVING AS SERVANT (LIVE-IN) 2021

1 🟢Anambra — 28%
2 🟢Imo — 16.1%
3 🟤Rivers — 8.9%
4 🟢Abia — 8.3%
5 🟤Edo — 7.5%
6 🟢Ebonyi — 6.9%
7 🟢Enugu — 6.4%
8 🔴Kaduna — 6%
9 🟤Akwa Ibom — 3.6%
10 🟠FCT — 3.5%

🟠NC 🔴NW 🟢SE 🟤SS
You and I know it's highly impossible to see Anambra boy or girl doing house boy or girl, the reason why Anambra top the list is many of the boys in Anambra after secondary school they
understand go apprenticeship system, that's why Anambra is leading state in Nigeria in commerce with more than 48 standard markets and they are doing well
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Ritchiee: 3:33pm On Apr 19
nairalanda1:
Ah, the usual igbos vs Yoruba thread.

Sitting here with the popcorn as I watch grown ass men disgrace themselves.

( Munch munch)

Kind of a disgrace we have child labor, even in the OPs home region.

Anyway, let the show begin.

( You can use the ignore button )
SW is free region.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Makunahatata: 3:33pm On Apr 19
Bestmanfornow:

This is the reality while you keep fooling yourself on social media, it covers more than 85% of urbanized areas in your region this is fact
cry cry babies🤣
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by grandstar(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19
Melagros:
COMRADES in the house, is this report just/fair?
Do you believe it?

It all depends on the parameters used.

The word "Oyinbo" in its purest form mean a white person.

But it could be stretched very far to mean other races not black, Nigerians who grew up overseas, African Americans and foreigners.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by DMerciful(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19
Migration is the strength of the Igbos. You'll see that in due course
Jonjam269:

But you are escaping to their region through midnight buses as refugees and according to your obirodent logic you pass them. You are not smart!
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by huptin(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19
LegendHero:

Anyone in university is not a child.

You have tens of thousands of Yorubas that do apprenticeship too where they learn tailoring, hairdressing, carpentry, plumbing, technician, and etc. if they can count nwa boy as part of child Labour, then they would count omo ikose too as child Labour.

I also personally know a hairdresser who by chance was also my twin brother that dropped out of university in 2010 too that now has like 25 mansion and property worth billions of naira to his name. His oga then too is a billionaire in $ today.

There are only four $ Billionaires in Nigeria today : Dangote, Adenuga, Rabiu and Otedola. Which one of them is your brother?

2 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Omenlon: 3:35pm On Apr 19
Umunzeorumba:
My twin brother drop out of university in 2010 to become a servant(nwa boyi)to his oga in Lagos,today he has his own mansion and other properties worth millions of naira.Same is applicable to his oga who also served and today is a billionier in naira.
Igbos and millionaires and billionaires. Funny people.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Ritchiee: 3:35pm On Apr 19
No wonder SW was and is the most developed,richest,exposed and most progressive region in Africa.
It has the highest number of migrants from other region especially SE region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bestmanfornow: 3:36pm On Apr 19
Makunahatata:
cry cry babies🤣
Cry for waiting? You know the truth
https://www.nairaland.com/4844423/yoruba-citizens-sent-south-east

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Ofunaofu: 3:36pm On Apr 19
Khyrvxjzy:

mention one great ibo business man?

just one

You should be in a mental health facility attending to your mental issues

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Azazyel: 3:36pm On Apr 19
Why South East dey carry trophy like this? Something needs to be done
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by StOla: 3:36pm On Apr 19
LegendHero:

Anyone in university is not a child.

You have tens of thousands of Yorubas that do apprenticeship too where they learn tailoring, hairdressing, carpentry, plumbing, technician, and etc. if they can count nwa boy as part of child Labour, then they would count omo ikose too as child Labour.

I also personally know a hairdresser who by chance was also my twin brother that dropped out of university in 2010 too that now has like 25 mansion and property worth billions of naira to his name. His oga then too is a billionaire in $ today.

Walahi! You are a clown of the highest humour.

I knew him, Horatio, a man of infinite jests.

2 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bestmanfornow: 3:37pm On Apr 19
Ritchiee:
No wonder SW was and is the most developed,richest,exposed and progressive region in Africa.
It has the highest number of migrants from other region especially SE region.
Indeed 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Dittodat: 3:40pm On Apr 19
Are NL OSU slave monkeys included in these demographic?
The SE numbers should be higher if you include these Ones.
Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Bwilliam(m): 3:40pm On Apr 19
This is one of the Igbo people's secret of transfer of trans Generational wealth and skills.
Envy, jealousy and hatred will not allow you see a good thing and emulate it, you'd rather ridicule and mock it.

The children are entrusted to relatives, who offer shelter, food and education/training.
Even if the relatives abuse a percentage of the children, they can't get away with it 95% of the time, because most times they share the same bloodline as the kids, being from the same kindred, village or town.

Call it "slavery" or "Servitude" or "Child labor",
One thing is for sure, It is better than the Almajeri system.

I know for a fact that those Almajeri children are Sexually and physically abused on the street, and the perpetuators get away with it. Truck drivers, Mallams, Alhajis usually sleep with those boys. Yet it goes unreported or hushed up.

Be fooling yourself.

4 Likes

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by faceland: 3:42pm On Apr 19
I have seen a 4 years old motorcycle mechanic... He knew his job but didn't even have the straight to unscrew parts and his voice was like that of a cartoon mouse.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 by Dittodat: 3:43pm On Apr 19
Pandora pathological liar Obi will act like he didn't see these statistics now. Let it be that the North has the highest, the delusional retar@ded imb@cile IPOB terrorist cannibal leader will be making noise by now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Missing 3-year Old Child / 43-Year-Old Man Beats His Daughter To Death In Osun Over Persistent Crying / Wife Slams Husband For His Derogatory Comment On Women Who Miscarry Their Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.