Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni (19385 Views)

INNOSON Donates Vehicles To Ooni Of Ife / Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by DECLAN2015(m): 8:11am On Apr 28
PressMyButton:
Four things are very clear;
1. That those individuals that visited Ooni's palace are indeed traditional functionaries of the Benin kingdom.
2. That the suspension signifies the fact that they are indeed serving royal chiefs of the Benin kingdom.
3. That the Benin kingdom are hiding some truths from the people of Benin.
4. That the suspension would not deter more people close to the palace to come out with more truths as the people truly know their own history.

Exactly
It is obvious some category of person(s) were not happy
With the distortion of hx
The chief even attested to the social media nonsence
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by aswani(m): 8:14am On Apr 28
miniziter:

Wait till I get my 3rd Benin woman as wife. You guys claimed to be civilised yet what's coming out of your mouth stings. Without the Yorubas, who will help you guys cultivate your lands and forest that you abandoned? Who is giving Edo the cocoa producing glory you have today if not us? The Yorubas can cope anywhere they go (bush or city centers) but you guys find it difficult to stay in fellow Nigerian land because of your dirty behaviour. Instead you will rather go and do slave in Italy.

This person you responded to is not a Benin person, their posting history suggests they are an Obidient from Enugu.

You can also tell from the uncouth and abusive manner of their post. They are trying to cause issues between Benin and Yoruba people, it will thankfully not work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by aswani(m): 8:16am On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:

May the gods condemn you for this comment. Look you , disgusting talk. No wonder everyone hates your tribe. Evil deceitful hateful and untrustworthy angry

Let me catch any of you in my state again angry
Vile beings angry

Enugu man, only Ndigbo Obidients hate Ndi Yoruba simply because President Tinubu destroyed Peter Obi in the elections.

You should be ashamed trying to cause rift by pretending to be what you are not.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by 1000Capacity(m): 8:17am On Apr 28
Coronavirus1:

Bini people did not come from youroba land get it cleared its the oba family that came from ife of youroba land. Bini is from Igodomigodo Kingdom no oba but ogiemien

No one just started existing out of nowhere. Everyone migrated from somewhere.

OK if you say Bini is from Igodomigodo, if a particular set of fierce fighters come to conquer your land and install a king, you cease to be owners of the said land.
Alexander Hamilton said, "A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."
Igodomigodo should have fought harder. Perhaps, they truly deserve a master

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by CountinBlessins(m): 8:20am On Apr 28
aswani:

Enugu man, only Ndigbo Obidients hate Ndi Yoruba simply because President Tinubu destroyed Peter Obi in the elections.

You should be ashamed trying to cause rift by pretending to be what you are not.
Tugha gioan elede!!
Your father and mother are enugu. / Ibo

angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by miniziter(m): 8:24am On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:

May the gods condemn you for this comment. Look you , disgusting talk. No wonder everyone hates your tribe. Evil deceitful hateful and untrustworthy angry

Let me catch any of you in my state again angry
Vile beings angry

So he dey pain?
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Real2088: 8:27am On Apr 28
Even if everything blends, there's this one thing wey go make the DNA Negative," The act of cowardice,Am not a Benin man but a Benin man is not a coward grin

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by DECLAN2015(m): 8:28am On Apr 28
DeLaRue:
The Yoruba Internet warriors are a big part of the problem.

There is nothing wrong if Oba of Benin traces his lineage back to Ife. Both the Oba and the Ooni are comfortable with the true story.

But this new Internet generation have turned the whole thing into 'Yoruba owns Edo', 'Edo is Yoruboid' etc None of these is correct.

Edos are a proud people, with a distinct culture and civilisation. They're not Yoruboid and don't want to hear that nonsense.

I don't see why the Oba having Yoruba lineage should be a problem. If anything, it is something to be celebrated and honoured by him and the Ooni and used to bring their 2 people together.

The Oba of Benin is probably concerned that his people will hold his self-confessed Yoruba lineage against him. That is understandable in the context of petty political and civic rivalries that Africans in particular excel at.

People, particularly some of these Yoruba internet youths should butt out of this matter and let Edo people be.

They started it all
But claiming victim now
The hx of bini are there and too late in the day to change it.
The dynasty is yoruba origin
Spin it any how

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Zeezenho: 8:29am On Apr 28
1000Capacity:

Yoruba to the World. The OBA of Benin Ewuare II himself attested to the fact they are from Yoruba land.

Where does that word "Oba" come from. It's clearly Yoruba

Oduduwa himself is a bini prince. Stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by 1000Capacity(m): 8:31am On Apr 28
Zeezenho:

Oduduwa himself is a bini prince. Stop deceiving yourself.

You mean Benin founded Yoruba land?
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by aswani(m): 8:31am On Apr 28
This Ọba is a Yoruba man, his subjects are Benin people needs clarification and I'll summarise as I myself have inadvertently made the mistake myself too.

Izoduwa is Benin Royalty, he went to rule in Ilé ìfẹ́ (You can Google the circumstances and I have also detailed it in a post on another thread).

His was then begged/asked to come back to his proper throne in Benin but refused and as a concession sent his son to rule there.

The son found the natives tough to rule over and left to go back to Ile Ife after leaving a son behind (Ọba Eweka) from a Bini mother.

As long as we can all agree that Izoduwa is a Benin man of royal descent, how can anyone say his descendants who have ruled over Benin are Yoruba? Granted they have Yoruba blood through one of their ancestral females (presumably Izoduwa's wife) but they are all Benin men.

All Ohiọnbá should please accept the truth and desist with calling the Ọba (gha to kpere baba) Yoruba in order not to end up having to drink water in the palace.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by OPICANTO2223: 8:33am On Apr 28
chopnaira:

Thanks for your contribution. I guess you have stopped worrying about how IPOB's going to take over River state.

I tot I have hit hard to your side hypocrisy. Am very glad am now living in your brain. More will come, just hang around
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by aswani(m): 8:34am On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:

Tugha gioan elede!!
Your father and mother are enugu. / Ibo

angry

There is nothing wrong with being from Enugu or being an Ndigbo, there is a lot wrong in being an Obidient who wants to needlessly cause rift amongst two tribes, neither of which they are part of.

Wabowiẹ Ovb'igbo, do.

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by CountinBlessins(m): 8:36am On Apr 28
aswani:

There is nothing wrong with being from Enugu or being an Ndigbo, there is a lot wrong in being an Obidient who wants to needlessly cause rift amongst two tribes, neither of which they are part of.

Wabowiẹ Ovb'igbo, do.

Tugha dehie obo oghe eghian! Idiot angry

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by aswani(m): 8:40am On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:

Tugha dehie obo oghe eghian! Idiot angry

Next time, don't inject yourself and particularly your hatred of Ndi Yoruba into a discussion between tribes that you are not part of.
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Sleekfingers: 8:43am On Apr 28
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by CountinBlessins(m): 8:48am On Apr 28
aswani:

Next time, don't inject yourself and particularly your hatred of Ndi Yoruba into a discussion between tribes that you are not part of.

Ewe nole omwan re grin
Dirty thing seeking relevance grin ivbabo okhian fiekun lelewe. Elede. grin

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Sleekfingers: 8:51am On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:
I said it! Some stupid Yoruba kids were insulting me here.!!!

Which Bini man , which true son of bini soil will accept the insults these Yorubas dare to us daily ?!

We are not related to Yoruba !! We have nothing in common. With Yoruba !!!

I hate anything that involves us with Yoruba!!!!

Let the southwest stay on their own and mind their business.

Niger delta has nothing to do with Yoruba..the famzing is irritating.
These people don't realize how much they hated sha. They actually live in a delusion that anyone sees anything good in them hence the need to always poke nose and try to form brotherhood.

I spit whenever I see them here in Bini. I slapped the idiot yoruba boy who dared insult oba in my presence.

I slapped him so hard he nearly collapsed. How dare you say Oba is under yoruba kings ?!!!

If I had my way , no yoruba person will ever be allowed into Edo state , talkless of renting or wining property.

They are hateful disrespectful and arrogant. angry

Is dislike these people with every fiber of my being. If I had my way .... No yoruba will ever......

Let me no talk angry

If only you know how we feel about you guys ehn. Una go dey run avoid us.

Spits with all disgust.

😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

This one don dey run mad.....you will soon enter the nearby market

2 Likes

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Asiri1991: 9:02am On Apr 28
We have top them to steer clear of Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by baretalk: 9:03am On Apr 28
No tolerance for unscrupulous people in the circle. Very good.

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by aswani(m): 9:05am On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:

Ewe nole omwan re grin
Dirty thing seeking relevance grin ivbabo okhian fiekun lelewe. Elede. grin

Ọ fo?

Early Sunday morning bitterness, all because Peter Obi lost to President Tinubu.

You go dey ok las las.
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by aswani(m): 9:12am On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:

.. I slapped the idiot yoruba boy who dared insult oba in my presence.

I slapped him so hard he nearly collapsed. How dare you say Oba is under yoruba kings ?!!!

This is the one good thing you have done in your life if true and I wholeheartedly commend you for that.

Where is that foolish chestbeating Uniben Yoruba boy that claims he insults the Ọba (gha to kpere baba) in front of Óvb'edo in Ugbowo campus and hand never touch am, you people should meet and do humanity a favour.

Though the authenticity of yours and his story is doubtful.
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by MrB0LD(m): 9:19am On Apr 28
Ologbo147:
you did not get the full video, in this video below, he talked about Oduduwa being Ekaladerhan from Benin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lpgL7dZh0w?si=3SCNSu9gJ7pSX6yf

No mind the guy that posted the first video. Look at how he cut off the last and most important part.

Oduduwa was actually self-exiled from Benin and went to the Yoruba land of Ile-Ife to establish the royal dynasty there.

No be me talk am. That was what the Oba stated in that video, in the presence of the different Yoruba Kings, and no one came out to counter it, after that coronation exercise.

This brings to mind the statement of that Lagos Oba then.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by bjdon: 9:21am On Apr 28
DeLaRue:

There is nothing wrong if Oba of Benin traces his lineage back to Ife. Both the Oba and the Ooni are comfortable with the true story.

But this new Internet generation have turned the whole thing into 'Yoruba owns Edo', 'Edo is Yoruboid' etc None of these is correct.

Edos are a proud people, with a distinct culture and civilisation. They're not Yoruboid and don't want to hear that nonsense.

I don't see why the Oba having Yoruba lineage should be a problem. If anything, it is something to be celebrated and honoured by him and the Ooni and used to bring their 2 people together.

The Oba of Benin is probably concerned that his people will hold his self-confessed Yoruba lineage against him. That is understandable in the context of petty political and civic rivalries that Africans in particular excel at.

People, particularly some of these Yoruba internet youths should butt out of this matter and let Edo people be.

Thank you my brohter. In Nigeria today we seem to have a problem in knowing the difference between where origins of a people and identiy of a people.
Nobody is doubting that the Oba of Benin orignated from the line of Oduduwa, just as the Olu of Warri descended from the Benin Royal line, via Ginuwa. This is does not make Benin, Yorubaland, anymore than Warri is Benin land. On the global level, the British founded modern Australia and New Zealand and Canada. In fact in those countries the British King is still their head of state, yet the British will not go and say Canada is 'British landd' or Australia is 'British land'
Benin is an independent ancient culture with some roots in youruba land. Benin is NOT and has NEVER been part of Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Goodlady(f): 9:51am On Apr 28
Some pages are on Facebook with people claiming Benins spewing hate, lies and malicious things against Yorubas. At times I wonder if f it's north sponsoring them.
Igbos aren't that petty and if theirs any region doing divide & rule, fear north.

3 Likes

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Menclothing1: 9:52am On Apr 28
Make Oba read history

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Goodlady(f): 9:55am On Apr 28
DeLaRue:

The truth is Benins in recent times are hurt that their King has Yoruba heritage.
It's like Ilorin Yorubas feeling painment a Fulani is their king. Whichever way, we need peaceful coexistence and that stupîd story of Ekaladerhan should be buried. It's from savage Bini people who can't change history.

6 Likes

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by infofta(m): 10:00am On Apr 28
The Oba of Ile Ife will vacate his royal seat for any Oba of Benin that comes to visit to seat on. This shows alot but many will still argue. Same thing applies to Oba of Lagos

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Godjone(m): 10:14am On Apr 28
This isues should be resolved once and for all na. There was a video l watched the other day on nta. The Oba of BENIN unequivocally affirmed on that clip that Oromniya ( a yoruba worrior) was the man from ife that introduced obaship to BENIN after the end of the ogiso dynasty.

Why are they now suspendeding these chiefs for saying exactly what Oba Ewuare is also guilty of ? I don't understand

4 Likes

Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by AutomaticMotors: 10:19am On Apr 28
Godjone:
This isues should be resolved once and for all na. There was a video l watched the other day on nta. The Oba of BENIN unequivocally affirmed on that clip that Oromniya ( a yoruba worrior) was the man from ife that introduced obaship to BENIN after the end of the ogiso dynasty.

Why are they now suspendeding these chiefs for saying exactly what Oba Ewuare is also guilty of ? I don't understand

This is the full video !! Watch it again!! Next time look for the legit source not cut and join propaganda false videos posted by ur yoruba ppl!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lpgL7dZh0w?si=C5vhR_fkX7pXBRBx

The Oba of Benin clearly stated ODUDUWA WAS AN EXILED BENIN PRINCE!!
Re: Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni by Josephkabila12: 10:23am On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:
I said it! Some stupid Yoruba kids were insulting me here.!!!

Which Bini man , which true son of bini soil will accept the insults these Yorubas dare to us daily ?!

We are not related to Yoruba !! We have nothing in common. With Yoruba !!!

I hate anything that involves us with Yoruba!!!!

Let the southwest stay on their own and mind their business.

Niger delta has nothing to do with Yoruba..the famzing is irritating.
These people don't realize how much they hated sha. They actually live in a delusion that anyone sees anything good in them hence the need to always poke nose and try to form brotherhood.

I spit whenever I see them here in Bini. I slapped the idiot yoruba boy who dared insult oba in my presence.

If I had my way , no yoruba person will ever be allowed into Edo state , talkless of renting or wining property.

They are hateful disrespectful and arrogant. angry

Is dislike these people with every fiber of my being. If I had my way .... No yoruba will ever......

Let me no talk angry

If only you know how we feel about you guys ehn. Una go dey run avoid us.

Spits with all disgust.
mumu slaughtered p!g 🐽 you'll be slaughtered soon. U buffoons thinks u're something? U're empty chaff that will be spread on coatar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bí Ase Ń Fi Àmì Ohùn Sí Orí Ọ̀rọ̀ Yorùbá(how To Type Yorùbá Language With Accent / An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai. / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.