Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,579 members, 7,840,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets (25534 Views)

Naira Shrinks To N1,135/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Declines Heavily Again / Naira Declines To 370 As Forex Liquidity Drops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by yewit37486: 11:33pm On May 11
bigpicture001:

It will still not sort the issue cuz of caputal flught wich are associated by foreign investors

It's a step at a time. Not everything can be solved, but at least the basics should be.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 11:34pm On May 11
ElevationD:
What’s actually going on? Without the dollar story, can the nation not move forward? If BAT does not have solutions, then he can seek advice from those who know far more than him. I can give him just one name, if he does not mind.
They know and mggdpgatgp like this after 64 yrs?
Abegi make we hia word
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 11:35pm On May 11
marenkurz:
In a country where people make money by trading the local currency (naira). CBN and EFCC doesn't see anything wrong in it.
And everyone is asking why people are making money trading dollars.
Name a country that doesn't tradethus local currency?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Angelfrost(m): 11:35pm On May 11
Well, the bubble lasted longer than we expected...!

You fail to attach value to your currency, and take offense that citizens are speculating against it.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 11:37pm On May 11
marenkurz:
Leave dollars, why are people trading naira? You pay 1030 naira to POS agent to get 1000 naira. Isn't that itself devaluing naira?
We have elected the most stupid people among us.

Is it by force to use pos?
Why not take transport with 300 naira and goto bank and lose another 500 while you could've been doing something productive in your business.
You mumu just like To chase ghosts instead of facing your failure squarely

3 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by DMerciful(m): 11:38pm On May 11
We're happy Tinubu is failing monumentally.

stuffs2002:

Nigeria is going through a challenging time and OBIDIENTS are happy.

I have never voted in Nigeria but that is going to change with the way OBIDIENTS have been attacking Nigeria, I will vigorously campaign against Peter Obi in any elections he presents himself. You can not be enemy of Nigeria and still want to rule Nigeria.

That Is a promise I have made

5 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by bigpicture001: 11:39pm On May 11
yewit37486:

It's a step at a time. Not everything can be solved, but at least the basics should be.

U don't get it...its all about demand nd supply of fX.....even wen investors come nd increase production....at the end of the day, dey will demand the revenu made in nigeria in dollars nd ship them.homw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by ClearFlair: 11:39pm On May 11
Putindbutt:

Shebi you don give yourself a job, as official thread creator of naira affairs. when naira start picking up again, don't continue to open the thread if dem born you well.

Are you in any pain? Take a tablespoon of Bitter Obi. You will feel better immediately

3 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by omoluka: 11:41pm On May 11
Naira will likely hit 2000 next week angry

2 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 11:41pm On May 11
sameoldguy:
Agbado and Ewa in the mud.

Now they can’t even afford a down payment for a roasted corn.
Yeah
But it's only you Obi supporters complaining
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Cromagnon: 11:43pm On May 11
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

Who even cares about what you do

You do
You're the ones lamenting since you lost
And you can't win without numbers in democracy

Reverse psychology is dead on arrival. Your types are well known grin grin

Continue to fooool yourself

grin grin

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by Inosky: 11:43pm On May 11
Bulaba legendary thinks it's about fake certificate from Chicago and forceful imposition of himself in the affairs of the country through the backdoor. Agbadorians are mentally-deranged people. Mumupeople with zero leadership and economic acumen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by yewit37486: 11:44pm On May 11
bigpicture001:

U don't get it...its all about demand nd supply of fX.....even wen investors come nd increase production....at the end of the day, dey will demand the revenu made in nigeria in dollars nd ship them.homw

My point is if local manufacturers have a conducive environment in the first place, that would minimise the need for foreign investors. Of course, foreign investors will always have to repatriate their revenues to their home base, but the key question is what can be done locally to substitute / minimise the services or products they are providing so that the overall levels of FX repatriation would be low.

1 Like

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by bentenny(m): 11:47pm On May 11
CodeTemplar:
Turns out mynd44 was a BMC agent o. The naira has tumbled once more and there is no sign of hmmmm
😂😂Nah today U know?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by vibratingpenis: 11:51pm On May 11
CodeTemplar:
Turns out mynd44 was a BMC agent o. The naira has tumbled once more and there is no sign of hmmmm

That myd or whatsoever na one of the highest mistakes seun make for his life.

You will never see hell anus or yarimo the destitute president.

1 Like

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by bentenny(m): 11:52pm On May 11
DMerciful:
Where are the gazelle gagaragas to defend Amoda?

Seunmsg, LegendHero paraman, yarimo...come and demonstrate your cluelessness
Awaiting copy and paste from their zonal WhatsApp admin director who is currently cornfused!

1 Like

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by vibratingpenis: 11:54pm On May 11
Kukutente23:
God will make a way
We all have to put our hands on the deck and push on our words and deeds while putting govt on its toes to be alive to its responsibilities.

We'll get there

Please, you and who and which deck, I salted from gilbrata deck, so dirty lobber, which deck?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by vibratingpenis: 11:54pm On May 11
Baxilexi:
It’s time for humble pie… outdate the old naira notes.

Encourage e-banking on all platforms.

Invite global food retailers (Aldi, Kroger, Carrefour) to open shop in the country, this will help stabilize/reduce demands FX, support food security and create employment. On the downside, It’s will temporarily halt local production but the issues bedeviling local production are multifaceted and cannot be addressed in the short-medium term.

Who are you talking to?
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by bigpicture001: 11:56pm On May 11
yewit37486:

My point is if local manufacturers have a conducive environment in the first place, that would minimise the need for foreign investors. Of course, foreign investors will always have to repatriate their revenues to their home base, but the key question is what can be done locally to substitute / minimise the services or products they are providing so that the overall levels of FX repatriation would be low.

The psych of Nigerians is d problem, the average Nigerian bliv buyinh empty unesed lan is d ultimate...ppl dnt like business....they want quick returns nd again the ppl love quick money withoyt hardwork

1 Like

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by vibratingpenis: 11:58pm On May 11
Putindbutt:

That's your father.

He meant you are a born by mistake via abortion, your existence is worthless to humanity, you should be used as manure for sugar cane by aboki.

1 Like

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by ilemona4you2(m): 11:59pm On May 11
stuffs2002:

Lol. For your mind, you don make sense.

grin

I have never voted in Nigeria but that is going to change with the way OBIDIENTS have been attacking Nigeria, I will vigorously campaign against Peter Obi in any elections he presents himself. You can not be enemy of Nigeria and still want to rule Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by vibratingpenis: 11:59pm On May 11
ElevationD:
What’s actually going on? Without the dollar story, can the nation not move forward? If BAT does not have solutions, then he can seek advice from those who know far more than him. I can give him just one name, if he does not mind.

No he should resign if he is clueless, that is what sane people do in sane countries, oh! This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by sameoldguy: 11:59pm On May 11
Cromagnon:

Yeah
But it's only you Obi supporters complaining

My guy, whether $$$/# =2000 or 10,000 I am not moved. Save your energy you use in typing cos you’ll need it.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by bentenny(m): 12:00am On May 12
stuffs2002:

If you like thumbprint a million times against Obi,it will not change the price of garri or reduce the price of goods and services!
Nah you and your likes go follow suffer am!
The Obi U wan vigorously campaign against will simply go back to UK or US and enjoy himself while you will be in Nigeria shouting ebipawa ohh 😂😂

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by vibratingpenis: 12:04am On May 12
stuffs2002:

Is this all you can say, weren't you mocking same obidients? So why crying now?

Is it obidients that made Nigeria this way or didn't they warn you that this will happen?

I don't really understand you guys at all.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by InvertedHammer: 12:10am On May 12
/
Why blame Cardoso when IMF is the one running your economy?

/
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by ufotunang: 12:11am On May 12
They were blaming bureau de change and Binance for the naira depreciating ... when a government does not have any idea on how to appreciate the naira and make it have value they look for whom to blame and attack....it's a pity

4 Likes

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by ufotunang: 12:12am On May 12
They will still blame Peter obi for this

1 Like

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by UnabashedIPOB: 12:13am On May 12
This is just the consequence of basing your economic policy on VOODOO ECONOMICS! The shege that you will witness in that hopeless country is still doing pushups at home...has NOT gone to the gym yet.
Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by vibratingpenis: 12:17am On May 12
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by CaptainJune: 12:18am On May 12
nedu666:
Unfortunately for them, there is no one to blame unless they decide to face buhari

They have already blamed Buhari. They have blamed students, they have blamed BDCs, they have blamed crypto and arrested Binance operatives, they have blamed their predecessors, they have blamed foreign transactions, Emefiele, anything they can blame but the very problem itself—Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets by ufotunang: 12:19am On May 12
I said it ...it's for Nigeria to be a producing economy...more exportation of goods and less Importation of goods and nigerians should value buy,patronize what they have in their own country, .. reduce the way we travel to abroad to attend university abroad and reduce the way we travel to abroad for medical treatment, buying of foreign cars , products, goods. . because all this depreciates the naira against the dollars...we have to value what we have in this country and go more into production of goods and less Importation... that is the solution.., simple

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Naira Hits ₦550 To A Dollar, EFCC Warns Banks Against FOREX Fraud / GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan / Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.