Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? (41784 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by DexterousOne(m): 11:46pm On Oct 29, 2019
ImaIma1:
Many people debate on dis issue a lot. for some its ok but for some others its like "are u kidding me? No sex?!! so seriously what do u guys think about a relationship wit no sex?

It's ideal

As long as she is not getting knacks elsewhere

And you are not either

But this Nigeria?
Where people like to do people like mumu

It complicates things

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 29, 2019
emkz:
Which ancestor of a moderator decided to push a thread opened eight years to front page?

On the topic. I have been doing some thinking. Why exactly is sex so important? There is no day that passes without discussions bordering on sex on nairaland. Marriages have been destroyed because of sex. Careers have been destroyed because of sex. Lives have been ended because of sex. Reputations have been mortgaged because of sex.

Why exactly is sex so important? If there is anyone that knows, please tell me. I wish to be educated.
Sex is important because it is sweet tongue

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by udohwangsteve: 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
no trust babes nowadays oh!....confirmation 1st.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
ImaIma1:
Many people debate on dis issue a lot. for some its ok but for some others its like "are u kidding me? No sex?!! so seriously what do u guys think about a relationship wit no sex?

The best!

Sex is not a guarantee it will work rather it will cause more pain and sorrow if the relationship doesn't work out in the end. It may also lead to rejected pregnancy. Like the case of the girl held hostage by her Ghanian boyfriend and is being tormented.

Anyone who comes my way and says he can't do without sex, to hell!!!!!!!!! Not with all the disease this " sex in a relationship " kind of people are spreading all over the place with their stupid principles.

I can't come risk my health because of one "sleep around" dog.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by geunik(m): 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
slimyem:
lesbianboy,shey na the pity wey you pity op make you con vex post four times?
Op,r/ships without sex is cool with me and i really don't mind having one like dt but the thing you would hardly find any man around who would agree to such in this age and time.
They are such men but wants a woman who will not ask for financial aid
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by DexterousOne(m): 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2019
Balenciagabrain:
Here is the single truth and nothing but the truth.

It is very possible to have a true relationship without sxx. In fact, it is the best kin of relationship because it takes away the attention of sinful pleasures, instead, channelling the energy into building a strong bond of friendship. This is the type of relationship that is built on spirituality.

Believe me, spirituality is the best way to live.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Toseenlove: 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
emkz:
Which ancestor of a moderator decided to push a thread opened eight years to front page?

On the topic. I have been doing some thinking. Why exactly is sex so important? There is no day that passes without discussions bordering on sex on nairaland. Marriages have been destroyed because of sex. Careers have been destroyed because of sex. Lives have been ended because of sex. Reputations have been mortgaged because of sex.

Why exactly is sex so important? If there is anyone that knows, please tell me. I wish to be educated.

Nigeria Situation has made me HATE SEX for now. I've even forgotten how Ladies look like sef. I can never pro-create In the Midst of these Low-Lifes, Imbeciles, Rogues, No Mercy, illetrate educated Animals. No!!! Never by God's grace. Until I stand on my feet and Jet out of this HellHole.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by cenaman(m): 11:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
Topic since 2011 na now e dey reach front page.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Adufeamos: 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2019
The truth is that the relationship may not last in this our generation/century. Cos of many factors that surround it
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by carbony4red(m): 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
cenaman:
Topic since 2011 na now e dey reach front page.

This is shocking oo, after 8 good years � � �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by aspirebig: 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
Sex isn't love. If I lie, ask any runs girl.....

All of you wondering why the topic just made it front page, you have forgotten 'timezone'.

That is life for you,a topic created today will it hit the front page instantaneously,but it took this topic good eight years to make it.

Morals of my story. Have patience and believe in God,even as you 'aspirebig', do not carry drugs, do yahoo yahoo, kidnapping, pickpocket,armed robbery or any other social vice that can bring shame to you and your family.

One day God will also pick your call too.

Keep hope alive. Never give up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by cenaman(m): 12:02am On Oct 30, 2019
carbony4red:

This is shocking oo, after 8 good years � � �
I tell u grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 30, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Who woke this thread ?

grin me

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Bahamas95(m): 12:04am On Oct 30, 2019
ImaIma1:
True. More babes seem 2 be able 2 cope wit it but as for men, I cnt say d same
You can lie for Africa. Which babes are you referring to? Can Naija girls cope in a relationship without sex?

8 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by ken6488(m): 12:04am On Oct 30, 2019
Not for me
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Olawrites: 12:06am On Oct 30, 2019
Model: Hot 6 Infinix X606

Full Specification :

Android 8.1

2 Gb ram, 16Gb rom

Fingerprint

4, 000 mah battery

5.5 inch screen

Fast charging

Very neat

Color black

Price 25k (last price)

Interested buyers only

Call or WhatsApp 0701 051 9645
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 30, 2019
lefulefu:

and in the meantime u go dey choplate all the bobo money grin grin grin grin grin
You have tay in this forum.
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by WriterX(m): 12:32am On Oct 30, 2019
I see nothing wrong with it for real ,I did two and a half years and honestly it was nothing I really didn't think much about it and I hope to assure any one I intend to date in the nearest future to be comfortable with making decisions as such if that's what she wants , sex is over rated in developing countries hence our population explosion on the daily.

sex brings a level of complications into relationships some of us don't really care about , sex is not sex it's complicated than just intercourse but hey I guess when you are exposed to the crap going on in the world and naija ,shit happens.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Solatium(m): 12:40am On Oct 30, 2019
ImaIma1:

Imagine your smart phone without data.
Precisely what relationship without sex is

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by ForkDragnet: 12:44am On Oct 30, 2019
It's like going to cash n carry to buy no testing electronics

You can only test it when you get home

If you test it and it works then lucky you, if it doesn't work carry your cross

That's the definition of relationship without s*x.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by WalkerMichael(m): 12:45am On Oct 30, 2019
But how do some 9ja girls claim they're dating you and when you ask for s3x after romance, they claim they don't like sex or they're Vees... Person wey de collect steady D outside...

BTW, thread of 2011 pushed to FP in 2019 shocked NEVER GIVE UP
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by nextstep(m): 12:57am On Oct 30, 2019
Old thread, but still useful to reply anyways, so let me add my two cents.

For men, a relationship without physical (body) intimacy is not fulfilling; likewise a relationship without psychological (mind) intimacy is not fulfilling to women. Both are valuable, but generally men would be OK without mental commitment, and women would be OK without physical commitment, at least initially.

I'm paraphrasing from maniac_high (don't ask me how I know him) who once wrote this gem about "diamonds and gold" that I've always appreciated:

Men and women both appreciate things that are valuable. Diamonds (rocks) and gold are both very valuable things. In a relationship, diamonds= personality (ie arranging nice romantic dinners, walks on the moonlight, candlelight with soft music', a sense of connection), while gold='sex'.

But women prefer diamonds to gold (usually), and men prefer gold to diamonds (usually). Of course, both are important, especially in a long term relationship, but if a woman could choose, she would prefer the diamonds first, and the man would prefer the gold first.

And (generally), a man can accept gold without the diamonds, and a woman can accept diamonds without any gold.

So in a relationship, a woman is mining for diamonds, while the man is mining for gold.

But if you give a woman gold (sex) only, or a man diamonds (romantic walks and nice dinners) only.. neither is likely to be very happy, and the relationship will soon fall apart. In short, an exchange of sorts takes place in a successful relationship.

So if a man expects just gold (sex), but doesnt want to give her diamonds (relationship & the mushy stuff), then she will dump him fairly soon, because he is playing/using her just for sex..

And if a woman expects just diamonds (walks, attention, nice dinners, movies..etc) without giving some gold (sex), then he (if he has any clue about how to deal with women, though many men do not, especially in North America) will dump her because she is using/playing him just for his personality.

So in conclusion, my summary is that physical and psychological intimacy are both needed and complement each other, for that's what makes relationships strong. Denying the validity of either is not going to undo millions of years of evolution that require these two complementary aspects to a relationship: you can't make babies if you're not physically intimate, and you can't raise that baby to maturity unless you're mentally committed to each other*

*of course in today's world, a woman can raise a child without the father, but in aeons past, she was setting herself up for disaster if she got pregnant without a committed mate to go and hunt that nutritious antelope or kill that dangerous tiger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Balenciagabrain: 1:00am On Oct 30, 2019
BabaIbo:

Nice point but my own view or reason is slightly different from yours....
Mine is channeling the energy into building a better life for me and my loved ones not only building a strong bond of friendship.

Lol.
You can still build better life for yourself n loved ones if u have sex with ur partner. But for friendship, sex can cause a lot of distractions.
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by omeke12(m): 1:03am On Oct 30, 2019
SirDelight:
Relationship without s*x is very nice,,,,

When your partner is a confirmed virgintongue

what if he/she is not
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Themato: 1:08am On Oct 30, 2019
coogar:

how do you see it, adaeze?
if sex = love-making, can you really separate love from sex in that equation?

Don't do this regularly pardon my use of English, Me, Let me tell you a story, will make this as short as possible in my 100 Level I came across this Baby girl o well she was kind of hard to get but then I was head over heel for her made her my 4 course unit eventually I met her and she was a virgin Atlantic as at then wasn't into sex tho I had a previous experience due to that thing called love i was cool with this and never stressed over this even though I invested more kind of in the relationship, she was from a better home but not like I was from the gutter got better gifts wasted my time needed for academics on her(Thank God 100 Level no be die for school) and she was far brighter balling for a law student, I did not go for kpekus my brother, eventually I lost her, see if I had her kpekus I will be proud of my stupidity so long story short sex is more of an insurance policy for a guy. Though it's subjective some girls are worth the wait but be sure of factors involved like tribe, church not religion o, no worry Nigeria is as funny as part. Sha go for kpekus pending the waiting. A lot of women have suffered cos of her I hope I find true love cos I can't go the extra mile now if you are not into me I'm not into you, I ain't ugly or need your money either.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by swaggprofessor(m): 1:19am On Oct 30, 2019
ImaIma1:
that is what i want actually but majority of girls if not all will think one is impotent or weak in bed
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Ramlette(m): 1:19am On Oct 30, 2019

many had it from the back until marriage, also plenty of BJ, hand jobs etc. no s[b]e[/b]x doesnt automatically mean you cant please your guy in other ways.

@poster
its all about each and every individuals. if you meet someone who doesnt want to have s[b]e[/b]x before marriage, then you have all the rights to walk away (if s[b]e[/b]x is that much important to you).
also, there is nothing wrong in telling such woman what YOU need, and hopefully she may accept you request too.
r/ships are about 2 people and their wishes, so as she puts hers on the table, you put yours as well, and see if there is any possibility of being together.
. Thanks G YOU just pulled the words outta my mouth.. see @op it depends on the individuals involve... All Malam to him kettle... relationship is all about agreement and commitment. These type of relationship is rear though
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:35am On Oct 30, 2019
who revived that 9yr old thread again...?!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by NiCurious: 1:36am On Oct 30, 2019
Some people are asexual, but enjoy being in relationships. Some people have a low sex drive. Some people prefer romance to sex. Some people are aromantic. Some are sapiosexual. Some....
There are all different levels of interest in sex and romance, just as people come in all shapes and sizes. As long as the parties in the relationship are satisfied with the level of sex they are having, that's nobody's business but theirs.
It all boils down to everyone being happy with the arrangement that they have.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 30, 2019
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by CanadaOrBust: 1:45am On Oct 30, 2019
ImaIma1:
But sex ws originally made for marriage.how were they coping in d past where it ws rare 2 hv sex b4 marriage.and then divorce cases were not hitting d roof like right now.now we guys must taste d pudding first sha

U have to define marriage. You can be said to be married during the duration u r having the sex.
Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 30, 2019
What's your take on HIV/aids
Foolish question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Your Sweet Girlfriend Turns Into A Wicked Wife After Marrying Her / Best Times To Ask A Lady Out And Get A Yes Faster / Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.