Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,659 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law (15801 Views)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Politicisation Of Boko Haram Insurgency, Bane Of Nigeria’s Anti-terror Fight / Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 04, 2011
honeric01:

so because it's illegal in Ghana makes it what? justified or not? do you also know homosexuality is being practiced in Ghana openly? does that make it right too? why should the west frown at polygamy and embrace homosexuality? on what grounds?

Did you take a second look at your previous comment at all? You ask why is it that polygamy is illegal in the UK and most Western Europe? Was your question. I deduced you were trying to exert some claim that only the Western world banned polygamy the simple reason I pointed to Ghana. On the other hand polyandry(which very illegal in almost all African countries) is frowned at by many Africans. Why that?

Come on!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by rhymz(m): 2:24am On Dec 04, 2011
all4naija:

Did you take a second look at your previous comment at all? You ask why is it that polygamy is illegal in the UK and most Western Europe? Was your question. I deduced you were trying to exert some claim that only the Western world banned polygamy the simple reason I pointed to Ghana. On the other hand polyandry(which very illegal in almost all African countries) is frowned at by many Africans. Why that?

Come on!
my friend, stop confusing your own points with unneccessary examples that do not help your argument. Most of the pro-g'ay debaters here have argued their point based on the fact that the ban by the senate is an infringement on the fundamental human rights of these these- to borrow saga's vocab-POOFs and as such portrays our society as retrogressive and and largely uninformed. However, thesame guys can't seem to give any reasonable explanation to the fact that polygamy(which has way less consequences) is a crime in the societies of the people that are claiming that ban on same-sex union is retregressive and an infringement on the rights of POOFTERs.
What moral right do they have to lecture anyone on the ideals of fundamental human rights?? Is it not sheer arrogance for them to act like they are the arbiter of what is good and bad ler alone talk in such a tone like they were gods of some sorts. 4ck them mehn, they are not perfect and should not act like they are. They can tell us what we should allow and not allow, Nigeria with all her attendant problems is a sovereign state and should be allowed to run its affairs the way they deem fit. What I expected the people against the ban to argue here is whether the majority of the Nigerian people are opposed to the ban on or not, not try to ram it down our throat by acting like you all are more enlightened than those of us that are totally in support of the ban. Just because it is accepted in the whole of europe does not neccessarily make it a progressive idea, fact is that the gay movement has been successful in these places because of politics and power, not neccessarily a law borne out of the need to protect human right and all that facade. Learn to have your own opinions, too much of cable TV messes with the mind, too much propagander of indoctrination going on these days.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by honeric01(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2011
all4naija:

Come on!

You're more confused than i thought, you kept defending the west and came up with Ghana as example to try to "support" your point, i am still saying and saying again, if the west and those who condole homos but frowns at polygamy are seen as liberal and civilized, why not Nigeria that frowns at homos but condoles polygamy?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 05, 2011
@honeric01

You have not been reading where people are calling for hanging, killing and maiming of homosexuals in this forum if you are so much concerned about what the Brits position is on this primitive dangerous law against man-lover people. I must say you intentionally blind yourself to that fact and start point accusing fingers at UK for sympathizing with man-loving-men based on the barbaric bill passed by the criminals and man-lover lords themselves called NASS members.

I am afraid, for the simple truth, that Nigeria would still be underdeveloped in the next century if this kind of ignorance that is exercised by the large numbers of it population didn't change. In the first case,to correct your assumption, I  am not defending the West. Read most of my previous comments and find out where I simply expressed my opinions on the ground of reasoning, fairness, equity and justice - not based on sentiment which you guys are bringing into the matter.

You can keep on pointing to UK for double standard and on the contrary looking at this issue there has to be an avenue to address the reason behind it at the moment and for the understanding of homosexuality in our society -  there has to be an avenue to know much about this set of individuals and their chemistry, etc before taking any action. But, the NASS never did that before going ahead to pass a ban and long jail sentences.

I am asking you now, is it only the West that go against polygamy? They are only illegal in UK but are allow to be practiced at some locality by immigrants. So, you have no argument there whatsoever. Arrogance and ignorance is just the excuse in that comment of yours.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2011
all4naija:

Come on!

You are a cretin!

You still don't get the point!

The fact country X bans blah blah blah blah does not help your case, fooooooooool.

The point there is that ALL countries ban things based on their moral values, including the Lords that brainwashed you with "two consenting adults not harming anybody". The ediots saying such, that you used as example of "progress" are the same people banning "two consenting adults not harming anybody".

What does that tell your cement brain? "Two consenting adults not harming anybody" is not a valid argument!

I bet you will still not get this point and come back and say "but Mauritania bans marrying jollof rice".

Cretin!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2011
@Sagamite
Do you think I take your comment serious? You must be hallucinating to think I care what you say here. You are a fool that can be dangerous to the Nigerian society. You need to be locked up in the psychiatric hospital for some time.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
all4naija:

@Sagamite
Do you think I take your comment serious? You must be hallucinating to think I care what you say here. You are a fool that can be dangerous to the Nigeria society. You need to be locked up in the psychiatric hospital for sometime.

Is that your defensive response to the fact of that you cretinously lack comprehension?

Faggoted mooron! grin
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by UyiIredia(m): 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2011
all4naija:

Some people like to argue for argument sake. You still haven't comprehend what I am on about. Nobody said morality is based on evidences but there must be proofs that homosexuality is morally wrong which is not because it is not infringing on anybody's right and good conducts. Proofs become evidences if they are proven. Did you get it now? I hope you can really define what morality is in details .

You are still implying that morality is based on evidence by asking for proof that it is wrong. It does infringe on what is widely considered to be an acceptable sexual orientation (i.e towards the opposite sex). I hope you also know that, using your logic, bestiality also does not infringe on anyone's right or good conducts. The bolded is a tautology because proofs are used as evidence and vice-versa.

all4naija:
If you are using polygamy as a yardstick on this issue then, cigarette addicts, alcoholics, etc have to come into the limelight. I am not against polygamy because it carries more burden(not because it worked for 1% of the society) nor being a thing to look up to as in the Brits society that didn't need use of it. I repeat, you still didn't comprehend what I am on about here. You are driving at another issue which I am totally incognizance with. I only pointed out issues with polygamy which is up to you to embrace if you so much wish, as long as it didn't infringe on my right and the peace of the society.

@ bolded >>> How so.

all4naija:
Now, polygamy is a status not orientation,right?That is, one cannot us a standing in relative to others to judge a circumstance of individuals who are inclined to live their lives without disturbing the society. We need to reason out this matter in a balanced ways. Not for religious, fallacious nor sentimental reasons. The society is changing gradually and we can not be stuck in the past.  

Okay then, bestiality is a sexual orientation (towards animals). Going by your logic, can't it be argued that it is between to consenting 'people' and therefore not wrong ? Does bestiality disturb the society. You had better claridfy what you mean by balance because I do not see any.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 12, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

You are still implying that morality is based on evidence by asking for proof that it is wrong. It does infringe on what is widely considered to be an acceptable intimate orientation (i.e towards the opposite sex). I hope you also know that, using your logic, bestiality also does not infringe on anyone's right or good conducts. The bolded is a tautology because proofs are used as evidence and vice-versa.

@ bolded >>> How so.

Okay then, bestiality is a intimate orientation (towards animals). Going by your logic, can't it be argued that it is between to consenting 'people' and therefore not wrong ? Does bestiality disturb the society. You had better claridfy what you mean by balance because I do not see any.
I intended not to respond to your comment but leaving you on your pathetic approach to this issue makes you more wiser in your simplicity rather myopic view. Indeed, you are fond of picking lines which seem appealing to you in my comments, and that is not a good way to engage in an argument.

Now,morality is based on good conducts and why homosexuality goes against such conducts in our society has not been proven, that's where the evidences come in and also lacking in your approach. Widely acceptable doesn't make any moral standard much affirmative in any sense only makes sense if the society doesn't evolve in any way. It takes us back to how our forefathers lived their lives in the past which are totally different from the way we support ourselves in contemporary times.The problem is that you don't see beyond the old ways as something that must not remain forever and for your information,there are errors in many of the old perceptions of life that need to be reviewed or changed.In this regard, you don't compromise change you engage it.

On the point of Polygamy. Yes, it does! Polygamy is a status or rather inclination of one individual in relative to others in a community, it's never been a position or situation one find one's nature attached to. That's the reason why I raised that alcoholism,cigarette addiction,etc which are more habitual as polygamy to be brought to limelight and can as well be addressed if your polygamy-ism intuition is so much meaningful to this issue of homosexuality.

Bestiality you called it,so don't think I would subscribe to such term in any morally right sense as not morally wrong to utter, therefore, that is a perception and it doesn't really nullify the fact that homosexuals are in any way against high moral standard(which you couldn't define in your comment). If you are so repelled by the practice to call it bestiality only proves your level of understanding or your cultural background nuances to see things from one angle. It only makes you reluctant in accessing a situation properly before acceding to what it entails. LIKE SOMEBODY BENT ON FOLLOWING THE BANDWAGON. I doubt you understand what the lives of these individuals are in comparison to your virtues - relative to religion or cultural beliefs (cultural belief which I think is not the actual problem in this case).

On the final note, we are still not addressing the issue from the right angle or angles. That is, let hear from these individuals themselves and know the reasons why they are what they are by nature. With large numbers of people practicing it in secret, from time immemorial, explains why it is not just an issue or what the general society think about them - there most be something more to it than your limited knowledge of this intimate orientation and the practices.

I beg to be different in my approach to this issue for one simple purpose because I have to reason as a human being than acting as a beast.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew / MASSOB Will Soon Declare War On North / Jubilation In Mubi As Emir Returns After Fleeing From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.