Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law (15987 Views)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Politicisation Of Boko Haram Insurgency, Bane Of Nigeria’s Anti-terror Fight / Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by pawa4ul: 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
Uk, Amnesty or whatever name you ber, you can go to hell. Here is Africa and we've got culture before your yeye entry. Same sex is evil in the sight of God and man.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by occam(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
Homosexuality is not a criminal act. Two consenting adults engaged in any form of relationship is nobody's business. This is such a retrogressive law and it's no different from Sharia Law. Let this guys be. Are gay men disturbing anyone? are they the cause of all the problems facing this country?

Nigerian leaders should focus on more pressing matters than passing this type of silly laws.

And the sheer hypocrisy of Nigerian leaders is so outrageous. This statement is a good example

The Senate President, David Mark, had claimed that the practice was against his faith as a Christian They all worship at Okija shrine and consult babalawo and Sundays claim to be Christians. SMH
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by pawa4ul: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2011
@Occam, Just sharrrrrrrrrap. I don't think you are from this country otherwise you would asked your elders if they ever practiced such a taboo. May be you are one of them. Now that the UK and Amnesty are saying it is wrong to stop it why don't you people ask them to give you free visa to their country so you will be free to practice you sheet over there. Nonsense.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by occam(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
roy4real:

I hv just discoverd that d western world now stand to justify soddom & gomorrah in the bible. Kudos to our senators, we don't want homosexuality. We can't let them destroy our most cherished family values, 'cos it is one of the few legacies our society has preserved for generations to come. May God forgive them.

What cherished family values? Tell your Senators to do something about the economy; this anti-gay law is only a diversion
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by emmatok(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2011
Nigerians should give the UK another IRANIAN TREATMENT.

Can you imagine this(UK) America puppets tell Nigerians what to do.

We do not need the UK in any way, they are here because of our OIL.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Lekkerlife(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
This is one thing a I hate about the westerners ''the high level of immorality'' They promote and condone practices againts nature and Godliness. I rather become a Terrorist than living in a community where my fellow men will be asking me out. Thinking of that alone disgusts me.

As opined by many, the British and the Americans should show love to the homosexuals by granting them free visa and resident permit to their countries as soon as they are being apprehended by our government.

4k them.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by cicero(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
occam:

What cherished family values? Tell your Senators to do something about the economy; this anti-man-lover law is only a diversion

How do you know that they are not doing something about the economy?
This is no diversion, we already have a lot of issues to deal with, they are only saving us from another issue.

Come to think of it, they are protecting all these ga.y people. If they had legalized gay marriage Nigerians would have started lynching them already.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by occam(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
pawa4ul:

@Occam, Just sharrrrrrrrrap. I don't think you are from this country otherwise you would asked your elders if they ever practiced such a taboo. May be you are one of them. Now that the UK and Amnesty are saying it is wrong to stop it why don't you people ask them to give you free visa to their country so you will be free to practice you sheet over there. Nonsense.

How does this law improve your standard of living? Do you understand the meaning of freedom of choice? Have gay men destroyed any social values?

No need to be so insulting if you are against my point of view.

T
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
These UK people are starting to annoy me. So because they accept same sex marriage, we must abi?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by occam(m): 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
cicero:

How do you know that they are not doing something about the economy?
This is no diversion, we already have a lot of issues to deal with, they are only saving us from another issue.

Come to think of it, they are protecting all these ga.y people. If they had legalized man-lover marriage Nigerians would have started lynching them already.
grin Senators are doing something to improve our economy? I dey laff o

So lynching a man because you don't agree with his lifestyle is acceptable in a civilized society?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by emmatok(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2011
occam:

Homosexuality is not a criminal act. Two consenting adults engaged in any form of relationship is nobody's business. This is such a retrogressive law and it's no different from Sharia Law. Let this guys be. Are man-lover men disturbing anyone? are they the cause of all the problems facing this country?

Nigerian leaders should focus on more pressing matters than passing this type of silly laws.

And the sheer hypocrisy of Nigerian leaders is so outrageous. This statement is a good example

The Senate President, David Mark, had claimed that the practice was against his faith as a Christian They all worship at Okija shrine and consult babalawo and Sundays claim to be Christians. SMH

NA,

Homosexuality was a criminal act United Kingdom until 1967.

Till date must conservatives in UK and US still oppose Homosexuality.

Those liberals should leave Nigeria alone.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by pawa4ul: 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2011
@Occam,
They are only trying to stop further troubles an average Nigerian is facing considering the many wahalas we already have.
Sorry for my choice of words anyways.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by ChinenyeN(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
Naija no be Yankee; Naija no be Oyibo. But these are the kinds of things that happen when the Senate chooses not to think a bill through. Now Oyibo dey for our doorstep dey knock.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by narttis1: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
I'm waiting for Hon Patrick to comment on this one too.honestly those guys are stupid.how can they dictate what laws shioul govern an inmdependent country? they should go and say this nonesense to Iran or China
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by mikepeace(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
pawa4ul:

WELL DONE! I AM SURE HE IS ONE OF THEM, THERE IS NO HIDING PLACE FOR THEM UNLESS THE AMBASSADOR WILL TAKE THEM WITH HIM TO UK!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by xrazzy(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
britain, amnesty international and the rest of pro-gay right can go to hell. if it does not sound irritating to them a man to be racking his babymaker inside another man's arse, it surely look so to nigerian government. to hell with them and their aids!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by bigdoo: 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
Two of my relatives (men) whom I sponsored and assisted to come over and live in UK have all got married to white males in the name of same sex marriage.  I have since banned them from visiting my houses either in UK or Nigeria.  One of them has lived in London for 17 years but has never visited Nigeria despite the fact that he has British nationality and has no restrictions to his movement.  The other visits Nigeria and has once returned to Nigeria with his white male partner.  He went about lying to people that the whiteman was his colleague at work.  Because some people from my town already had a hint that he is married to a whiteman, he narrowly escaped being stoned and beaten up by our townsmen.  What a shame to this generation.  We should all stick together to fight against any satanic influence in our dear country Nigeria.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by jevic(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
What is his problem? Is he the one to tell the Nigerian government how to run the affairs of this nation, he should be taken to the shrink to check him well.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by occam(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
pawa4ul:

@Occam,
They are only trying to stop further troubles an average Nigerian is facing considering the many wahalas we already have.
Sorry for my choice of words anyways.

The people causing wahala in Nigeria are the leaders; not gay men. I just believe in freedom of choice as long as you don't disturb my peace. The "do nothing" Senatrors and leaders continue to get away with this kind of nonsense and fool the people.    

Name one bill they passed to improve the standard of living for the masses
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by ocelot2006(m): 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
Even animals don't engage in such abomination. It goes against nature. Kudos to the senate for passing the bill. Oh, and the Brits can go screw themselves if they don't like it. Nonsense.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by ola4yinka(m): 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
The US and UK are definitely the Anti Christ,
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by mikepeace(m): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2011
occam:

The people causing wahala in Nigeria are the leaders; not man-lover men. I just believe in freedom of choice as long as you don't disturb my peace. The "do nothing" Senatrors and leaders continue to get away with this kind of nonsense and fool the people.    

Name one bill they passed to improve the standard of living for the masses

In other word u support man-love men abi?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by guonno: 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2011
Instead of raining curse on UK that has done nothing wrong by enforcing a law (human right bla bla bla) Nigeria is signatory to, lets channel our energy towards making our country independent and strong, this would earn us a place in the room were international policies are been made. China today is an independent state, doing their things the way there like, most policy that affects the whole world are made in their presence. The same UK violated human right law by killing unarmed osama bin laden, gadaffi, millions of children and women in middle east, and in biafran war by giving arms to nigeria that targeted weak women and children. For over 30 years that we have been governed by the northern cabals and obasanjo, all we smell is backwardness. How can Nigeria grow like the chinese when the yorubas hates igbos and would always conive with the north to pull the igbo economy down. If oladipo diya did not kill the dream of an igbo man that built a car, may b by now, we wount import cars. Our refinery does not work, and u expect us to grow? The onitsha sea port has been sabotaged knowing fully well that trading has been the igbo mans way of life, and u expect us to grow? No working international air port in the whole east and u think only lagos and abuja can take nigeria to promise land? Can we stop decieving ourselves for once. It will only take a little time but i asure u that the same senators whom sold our airline slots to britain, import our petrol, import rice which we have, will pull back that bill and thus give some rich perverts the right to stick their dicks in the ass of our male children. GOD help us.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by humblebee: 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
i think they are taking it too far, they need to know that we have every right to make laws of our own since oct 1 1963. they can't choose for us and i think they should just back off. they can hold on to their aid, we have brains of our own, Silly whites think they know it all
its amazing how they think whatever they do is right and they must impose it on others, wtf
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by seanet02: 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
America Plus Britain equals Satanic Elements
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by humblebee: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
occam:

Homosexuality is not a criminal act. Two consenting adults engaged in any form of relationship is nobody's business. This is such a retrogressive law and it's no different from Sharia Law. Let this guys be. Are man-lover men disturbing anyone? are they the cause of all the problems facing this country?

it's not good for us, not good for our children, we have better things to deal with, its an energy zapping issue and we prefer to keep it out. oyinbos don chop bele full so they can go around looking for any hole to stick their D. at least not now, if they want they can issue free visa to those that wants to practice it, we will joyfully hand them over. shikena
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by UyiIredia(m): 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2011
ortopazz:

this has finally sealed closed the dreams of sir elton john from coming to naija thatz if he ever nursed such hopes

I think that can be easily worked out. I am a fan of Elton John. My advice to the UK ambassador, keep off. I must say though I find the term harsh, just like the ones against polyandry and other marital misdemeanors.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by izunned: 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
Most of these foreign guys that support these rubbish are occult men. Do they mean any rubbish anyone chose, the person should be allowed to carry on with that? Then why do we prosecute rubbers and kidnappers? Is that not what they have chosen? according to these stupid foreigners we should also allow them to carry on.God forbid evil. Homosexuality and lesbianism are terrible evil.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by izunned: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
cheesy Cudooos to our dear David Mark and co. This is how u guys should handle other evil practices in this Naija.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
There are two likely similar things which are common among unreasonable Nigerians, arrogance and ignorance. It is a shame they cannot be bought, they are so free in the Nigerian society that 80 percent of the population possess them!Those are big problems Nigerians need to find solutions to.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by TBADMUS1: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2011
D Guy na real Mad Man wating b own problem wit our Country. If he like make hin go dey fulk him Father for UK now.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by bamosagie(m): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2011
Homosexuality is actually a crime in Nigeria, it is in the constitution. let's see the window of opportunity opening those seeking asylum, British government should grant asylum on humanitarian ground to all liable to be persecuted as a result of this law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Buhari's ADC Was Selected / Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Igbos And Who Is The Ruler..? / Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.