Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law (15822 Views)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Politicisation Of Boko Haram Insurgency, Bane Of Nigeria’s Anti-terror Fight / Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Chiori(m): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
sara j:

I don't understand the question. What are you getting at?
If homosexualism were more accepted in Nigeria, then
there would be a lot less closet Same-sex men in
heterosexual marriages living a lie. It is unfair to the
woman who is unknowingly in a sham marriage and
unfair to the man for having to keep up the pretence
to please x y and z and more importantly unfair to
the offspring.

Certainly we have heard stories of men who suddenly made volte face, claiming they were man-lover, and they have had wife and children already, in Europe and the Americas. Michael Jordan and Eddie Murphy are examples of this. So answer my question.

And why change g-a-y to gay in Nairaland.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
vascey:

@Occam, there is nothing wrong with your standpoint.
As an African and a Christian, I abhor any and every act/form of homosexuality.
But as a government, the NASS should be more concerned with upholding human rights which this homosexuality bill seems to threaten. Granted!
However, everyone should understand that this is a democracy in a sovereign state- Government of the people for the people and by the people.
There is a process of law making and this has been duly followed.
From the sentiments of everyone (majority- me included) here, it is obvious that the stance of our NASS reflects the opinion of the people.
If we were to have a national referendum, you would see that majority of us would vote in favour of a law making homosexuality illegal.

That is the beauty of democracy- WE MAKE THE LAWS WE LIKE AS A PEOPLE WITHOUT UNDUE INTERFERENCE FROM ANY BLOO.DY COUNTRY OR NGO

Now, if you want to influence the law making process, there is adequate provision for lobbyists, hearings and all what not. Anyone with dissenting views should channel their complaints through those means.

There's a rather faulty premise for this debate considering our culture cultivates a brood of bigotted, indoctrinated religious fanatics who are simply in no position to actually think for themselves and advocate genuine liberty and civic rights. The civil rights movement and desegregation in America and a lot of the West were also widely opposed, particularly in the more rightist, conservative, southern hot-beds. You might as well say racism and segregation should have been condoned because a lot of people were willing to vote for it.

The more learned elements in our society should be the leaders of any emancipatory movements but their minds are clouded by religious bigotry and intolerance. We have a very long way to go. sad
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

There's a rather faulty premise for this debate considering our culture cultivates a brood of bigotted, indoctrinated religious fanatics who are simply in no position to actually think for themselves and advocate genuine liberty and civic rights. The civil rights movement and desegregation in America and a lot of the West were also widely opposed, particularly in the more rightist, conservative, southern hot-beds. You might as well say racism and segregation should have been condoned because a lot of people were willing to vote for it.

The more learned elements in our society should be the leaders of any emancipatory movements but their minds are clouded by religious bigotry and intolerance. We have a very long way to go. sad

You are a cretin!

Never compare racism to anti-poof!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

Never compare racism to anti-poof!

And here comes the reprobate incapable of engaging in a logical debate without throwing around juvenile, playground abuse. Is it supposed to make you feel clever? You're sadly mistaken if you do: just makes you look petty and pathetic.

Racism is very comparable with homophobia. Homophobia discriminates against what is often more an innate compulsion rather than a casual life choice for no other reason other than bigotry borne of religious fanaticism and intolerance. Racists once defended their creed by christian belief and saw other races as lesser creatures rather than fellow humans. The very same rights racist trample on with their irrational hatred is the very same rights homophobic people trample on with their irrational hatred. It's that simple.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

And here comes the reprobate incapable of engaging in a logical debate without throwing around juvenile, playground abuse. Is it supposed to make you feel clever? You're sadly mistaken if you do: just makes you look petty and pathetic.

Racism is very comparable with homophobia. Homophobia discriminates against what is often more an innate compulsion rather than a casual life choice for no other reason other than bigotry borne of religious fanaticism and intolerance. Racists once defended their creed by christian belief and saw other races as lesser creatures rather than fellow humans. The very same rights racist trample on with their irrational hatred is the very same rights homophobic people trample on with their irrational hatred. It's that simple.

When people are as dumb as you or open different accounts to hide their inclination, I don't see the point in debating.

Poofterism is unnatural. Evident in its lack of existence in nature. In nature, you can see evidence of "race".

Racism is about discrimination based on superiority, akin to sexism, ageism, ethnicism or even fatism.

Anti-Poof is about disapproval based on morality, akin to paedophilia, necrophilia, [i]i[/i]ncest, beastility or at best polygamy.

Stop giving moronic arguments.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by scopusng(m): 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
I dey come first
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Chiori(m): 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
Wow. Keep the cussing and abuse coming. I am learning new words to use on my subordinates when they get out of line. Cretins, poofterism (that will be poofter) hmmm, send in more.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by efe22(m): 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
aribisala0:

sadly almost ALL posters here are devoid of reason.
already homosexuality was criminal in our laws
in the sharia states it carries a death penalty
in most of the south it carries a prison sentence
we inherited the penal code in the souther states from the BRITISH
so far who has been sent to jail or imprisoned for this

the issue here is not whether one agrees with or detests homosexuality
whether it is good or bad in the eyes of God(presumablyadultery,violation and sex with children, i hear one of the Senators has a child bride are lower cadres of SIN)
the issue is this; for every hour that the national assembly sits it costs Nigerians nearly 100 million naira. i reckon this law has cost well over 1 billion Naira
what will it change. before the law came in were men marrying each other  .
is this what people queued up in the sun to vote for
even more ridiculous is the fact that this law covers an area which is clearly within the purview of state houses of assembly

so how does this new law change the status quo
one would imagine that education equips people to think NOT react
at any rate does 14 years seem reasonable for homosexuality.
when Lucky Igbinedion Alamiesigha and Bode George are all free men?

this is the same country where women are violated wantonly
men sleep with their daughters and even impregnate them
you can now be jailed if you know people are man-lover and do NOT report
we really are a funny people
i predict this law will be used to rubbish public figures /politicians in the same way as Baba Suwe.
we have seen this in Malaysia and Zimbabwe.
people wey no know dey happy people wey know dey look
I rarely login to NL to post though I don't miss out my regular visits but your point prompted me to. Very well said of you.
I keep asking when Nigerians will stop blaming others (west) for their dooms and failures. Remember if the edge is not broken, the sapent would come in bite.
Secondly we should't do things because others does it, what does God says about homosexuality?
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death, their blood shall be upon them Lev 20:13
Also read Romans 1:26-28 Paul condems homosexuals (including lesbians)
This is the only clear reference to lesbians in the bible.
Homosexuality has been in existence thousands of years before Christ but it was't spoken or openly declared as in now being legalize in this present world.
Homosexualixm is one of the signs of times and a very strong tool of the Anti Christ. Remember the future coming Anti Christ is an Homosexual. Go read the book of Daniel in your Bible. If not that I am on cell phone I would of drop more 25 verses of Scriptures. Whether you like it or not, God prophecies are being fulfilled non a little will fail until all are complete. If you don't believe, leave it God nor dey beg anybody. Thanks

1 Like

Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by WinkWrld: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
Funny, we're all too fast to criticize. Who are we to judge? The Brit guy might just be right, or He might be wrong. But in all sincerity, if Nigeria must develop, we need to check ourselves properly. What 2Adults decide to do with their lives should not be an economy issue. Hommosexuality cannot be stopped but managed and it can only be managed when sociecity accepts them. The US, a far advanced nation than Nigeria understands the consequencies and prefered to remain silent on the issue. U guys should understand that these senators are mere hypocrits. they have never passed a bill that will be beneficial to people on the streets. This sexuality issue has been there since ADAM. These F, king guys are deceiving US with one so called MAN=Man bill. Nigeria is Sick and We all know it, just like a sick child living next to a chemist. We are so confused and dont know our ailment. Religion and Sexuality are individual rights,, lets Senate leave such matter and debate on issues like fuel subsidy, tow-gates, market monopolization, corruption, going-green, Generators importation, PHCN, failed contracts, substandard good, NAFDAC, NHS, Security, Education development. I trust that GEJ will be silent on the matter because it makes no-sense at all only if we look deep. On the contrary, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but i think, the running or ban on gay marriages will not give me a credit alert on my blackberry, or reduce our everyday Nigeria stress, So let it be. smiley
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
Sagamite:

When people are as dumb as you or open different accounts to hide their inclination, I don't see the point in debating.

Poofterism is unnatural. Evident in its lack of existence in nature. In nature, you can see evidence of "race".

Racism is about discrimination based on superiority, akin to sexism, ageism, ethnicism or even fatism.

Anti-Poof is about disapproval based on morality, akin to paedophilia, necrophilia, [i]i[/i]ncest, beastility or at best polygamy.

Stop giving moronic arguments.

You may wish to desist from commenting on what you don't have a clue about and exposing your ignorance. There are several documented cases of homosexuality among animals. Even if we wrongly assumed there wasn't, I don't understand how the behaviour of animals should form acceptable standards for human behaviour. There are counless things humans do which animals don't do starting from religion and belief in a deity.

Comparing homosexuality to paedophilia and bestiality is idiotic, vacuous reasoning deserving mockery. Those are perversions of sex that violate consent in one of the sexual parties. Paedophilia is no different from a man molesting a female toddler sexually. I'm defending the right of 2 adults to engage in a consensual relationship irrespective of sexual preference with the key word being consensual.

No law should ever be passed based on subjective notions of what constitutes morality. You've proven yourself to be an ignorant slowpoke.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Chiori(m): 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
WinkWrld:

Funny, we're all too fast to criticize. Who are we to judge? The Brit guy might just be right, or He might be wrong. But in all sincerity, if Nigeria must develop, we need to check ourselves properly. What 2Adults decide to do with their lives should not be an economy issue. Hommosexuality cannot be stopped but managed and it can only be managed when sociecity accepts them.
That would also be your take if your wife and I were making out. Remember, she is an adult and decided to go ahead and do the whole nine yards with me.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

You may wish to desist from commenting on what you don't have a clue about and exposing your ignorance. There are several documented cases of homosexuality among animals. Even if we wrongly assumed there wasn't, I don't understand how the behaviour of animals should form acceptable standards for human behaviour. There are counless things humans do which animals don't do starting from religion and belief in a deity.

Comparing homosexuality to paedophilia and bestiality is idiotic, vacuous reasoning deserving mockery. Those are perversions of sex that violate consent in one of the intimate parties. Paedophilia is no different from a man molesting a female toddler sexually. I'm defending the right of 2 adults to engage in a consensual relationship irrespective of intimate preference with the key word being consensual.

No law should ever be passed based on subjective notions of what constitutes morality. You've proven yourself to be an ignorant slowpoke.

When I call you a cretin, you will whine I am insulting you.

No 1. since when did religion and belief become a natural thing?

No 2. how do you know if animals believe in a God or not? You are an animal mind reader?

Foool!

Now tell me the "numerous" natural things human do that does not exist in the animal world.

I wait. After I humiliate you on that, I would address that your cretinous point on not comparing peadophiles to poofs.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
efe22:

I rarely login to NL to post though I don't miss out my regular visits but your point prompted me to. Very well said of you.
I keep asking when Nigerians will stop blaming others (west) for their dooms and failures. Remember if the edge is not broken, the sapent would come in bite.
Secondly we should't do things because others does it, what does God says about homosexuality?
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death, their blood shall be upon them Lev 20:13
Also read Romans 1:26-28 Paul condems homosexuals (including lady-loving-ladies)
This is the only clear reference to lady-loving-ladies in the bible.
Homosexuality has been in existence thousands of years before Christ but it was't spoken or openly declared as in now being legalize in this present world.
Homosexualixm is one of the signs of times and a very strong tool of the Anti Christ. Remember the future coming Anti Christ is an Same-sex. Go read the book of Daniel in your Bible. If not that I am on cell phone I would of drop more 25 verses of Scriptures. Whether you like it or not, God prophecies are being fulfilled non a little will fail until all are complete. If you don't believe, leave it God nor dey beg anybody. Thanks

No wise society makes laws adopted from a religious creed. Religion should always be seperate from state, else it violates the rights of non-believers. What the bible says about homosexuality is completely irrelevant. All that matters is one's inalienable civic rights which our inhuman homophobic laws violate. Your opposition to homosexuality should be personal, not  institutionalized in persecuting innocent citizens who haven't wronged you in any way.

If you believe your religious conviction opposes it, then it should suffice that perpetrators are condemned to hell forever. Their earthly life should concern no one. Like I said before, I thought christians should be the persecuted ones?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
WinkWrld:

Funny, we're all too fast to criticize. Who are we to judge? The Brit guy might just be right, or He might be wrong. But in all sincerity, if Nigeria must develop, we need to check ourselves properly. What 2Adults decide to do with their lives should not be an economy issue. Hommosexuality cannot be stopped but managed and it can only be managed when sociecity accepts them. The US, a far advanced nation than Nigeria understands the consequencies and prefered to remain silent on the issue. U guys should understand that these senators are mere hypocrits. they have never passed a bill that will be beneficial to people on the streets. This sexuality issue has been there since ADAM. These F, king guys are deceiving US with one so called MAN=Man bill. Nigeria is Sick and We all know it, just like a sick child living next to a chemist. We are so confused and dont know our ailment. Religion and Sexuality are individual rights,, lets Senate leave such matter and debate on issues like fuel subsidy, tow-gates, market monopolization, corruption, going-green, Generators importation, PHCN, failed contracts, substandard good, NAFDAC, NHS, Security, Education development. I trust that GEJ will be silent on the matter because it makes no-sense at all only if we look deep. On the contrary, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but i think, the running or ban on man-lover marriages will not give me a credit alert on my blackberry, or reduce our everyday Nigeria stress, So let it be. smiley

Foool! Homosexuality is "development" to you!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
Sagamite:

When I call you a cretin, you will whine I am insulting you.

No 1. since when did religion and belief become a natural thing?

No 2. how do you know if animals believe in a God or not? You are an animal mind reader?

Foool!

Now tell me the "numerous" natural things human do that does not exist in the animal world.

I wait. After I humiliate you on that, I would address that your cretinous point on not comparing peadophiles to poofs.

Still exposing you buffoonery and ignorance, I see. Every single function performed by any living organism is "natural". I couldn't care less what your ignorant ass considers religion to be. Animals are incapable of several cognitive functions of human beings. I couldn't bother wasting my time to discuss it with an slowpoke lost in his delusion of wisdom. Google is your friend.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Chiori(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
Sagamite:

Foool! Homosexuality is "development" to you!
Man, you have made me uncontrollably laughin'.

Obi1kenobi:

Still exposing you buffoonery and ignorance, I see. Every single function performed by any living organism is "natural". I couldn't care less what your ignorant Bottom considers religion to be. Animals are incapable of several cognitive functions of human beings. I couldn't bother wasting my time to discuss it with an slowpoke lost in his delusion of wisdom. Google is your friend.
That also means a leader giving the order for millions of tribesmen to be decimated is natural, because he is a living organism, and must be granted freedom of expression of his hate.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by WinkWrld: 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2011
@sagamite :Wise man, keep fighting a lost battle. Countries are advancing into other planets, u are here kicked back, talking of man-loving. It is obvious that you wont be any different from those senators. No-brains. I pray we never have u in any key position because u are a disgrace. I can be sure ú;re not even in the country. u prob feeding on your lady or guy,. or even your dad. , non sense
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by rhymz(m): 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
I can't believe anyone can be comparing black and Pan African struggles with pro-gay lobby for equal rights. Equal rights to do what exactly? Legally accept a few people's excessive and deviant indulgence? Let's make thesame argument for people that practice bestiality, paedophilia and so on, how are they or their arguments different from homosexuals'?
How dare anyone insinuate that Nigerians are ignorant of the issues surrounding samesex cohabitation all because we have wholeheartly rejected such practice in our country. Accepting same-sex cohabitation and acceding to their demands for equal rights is not in anyway an indication of intelligence or a developed society; it only shows how subversive and manipulative samesex lobbyists can be and the general moral decadence of western society.
Is it not hypocritical and selective amnesia that thesame West and her governments that criminalize polygamy(which is very well between two consenting adults and does not hurt anyone-references pro-gay lobbyists used to make in their effort to make their case) can arrogantly sit on the judgemental thrown and parrot their nonsense about fundamental human rights? Is polygamy in anyway dangerous than the despicable practice of homosexuality in the full glare of the public and with full legal backing to support such a dirty lifestyle.
I am not a fan of the Nigerian legislature myself but let no one try to make it look like they should turn a blind eye to the issue, and pass it as a diversion or a way for the legislators to garner integrity and support from the "gullible Nigerian public". Such argument is lazy in its analysis of the issues and overlooks the fact that the issue homosexuality and gay-rights, lately, has been a burning issue in not just Nigeria but many African countries. Is it not obvious that these gay-right activists and their lobbyists have penetrated a lot of countries and subdue their government with the help of the hypocritical and docile western governments? Little wonder they say these days that homosexuals are made and not born, all you need to do is look at the society and take your count- many of these deviants are impressionable and indulgent people who have been nurtured by their environment and decadent society at large. There is no such thing as gay gene or anyone being born with homosexual gene, nature has not gone that bad on anyone, it is just what we want to allow. Every one at some point struggle with different desires-some good and some bad-it does not mean those of us that choose to conform to the norms are any greater humans or those that willingly choose to succumb to the desires are born gay.
I, personally do not have problems with homosexuals as long as they keep their very weird lifestyle in the closet of their private life, fine by me but to push the boundaries and start asking for some recognitions and right to openly assault other people's sense of decency and morals by advocating we recognize their right to live the way they want in our society is tantamout to asking for the KKK treatment cos we are "gon' give it to em the way they wont like it up their ass".
As for the Britons talking like Nigeria is an annex of the british colony, let them parrot their nonsense to china, iran, russia, the saudis and co. . The worst they can do is talk the talk, they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them, infact, the relationship has been one-sided-with overbloated loans, loan clones given to us to keep us locked up in a web of debt who wants that kind of aids. Scheeew, let them go to hell, Nigeria is a sovereign state.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
Chiori:

Wow. Keep the cussing and abuse coming. I am learning new words to use on my subordinates when they get out of line. Cretins, poofterism (that will be poofter) hmmm, send in more.

You don craze finish. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

Still exposing you buffoonery and ignorance, I see. Every single function performed by any living organism is "natural". I couldn't care less what your ignorant Bottom considers religion to be. Animals are incapable of several cognitive functions of human beings. I couldn't bother wasting my time to discuss it with an slowpoke lost in his delusion of wisdom. Google is your friend.

You are a cretin!

This is the same cement brain that said religion is a natural trait. Foool does not know the difference between intellectual choices and natural urges.

Moooron!

WinkWrld:

@sagamite :Wise man, keep fighting a lost battle. Countries are advancing into other planets, u are here kicked back, talking of man-loving. It is obvious that you wont be any different from those senators. No-brains. I pray we never have u in any key position because u are a disgrace. I can be sure ú;re not even in the country. u prob feeding on your lady or guy,. or even your dad. , non sense

Foolish man, we are developing a sane and moral society and our economy is still growing.  cheesy

If they want to take you moorons to another planet, we are in support.  grin

Asinwin faggs! grin
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2011
Chiori:

That also means a leader giving the order for millions of tribesmen to be decimated is natural, because he is a living organism, and must be granted freedom of expression of his hate.

All this analogies are are extremely amusing really. Some people are just incapable of getting it. So genocide is comparable to homosexuality apparently apart from the fact one violates the rights of thousands or millions while the other is a personal choice that affects only the perpetrator. Very wise analogy, that. I really despair for this country.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

All this analogies are are extremely amusing really. Some people are just incapable of getting it. So genocide is comparable to homosexuality apparently apart from the fact one violates the rights of thousands or millions while the other is a personal choice that affects only the perpetrator. Very wise analogy, that. I really despair for this country.

Cretin, he is giving you an examle of the moronic rubbish your wee brain can term as "natural".

Now this foooooooooooool is saying homosexuality is a choice.

Confused mooron!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by UyiIredia(m): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

All this analogies are are extremely amusing really. Some people are just incapable of getting it. So genocide is comparable to homosexuality apparently apart from the fact one violates the rights of thousands or millions [b]while the other is a personal choice that affects only the perpetrator. [/b]Very wise analogy, that. I really despair for this country.

H0m0sexuality affects both the perpetrators, members of their immediate family and the environment at large. There is an issue in h0m0sexuality which bugs me: Why do people tolerate (or get excited) by the act of le$biani$m ?  To me that's a double-standard (one which sorta favours women)
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by WinkWrld: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
@sagamite : i can now conclude u think just like a juvenile and should not be in this forum. For obvious reasons, u have shown no sign of intelligence. So u are contented with Nigeria's development? shocked Guy forget all this Asylum Seeking and Come back home Jare. I will probably assign one of my taxis for u to do daily delivery. But u will however not hold any position because u may be discussing 'trade by Bata'' as Nigerian development.  u are a Stupid man who supports our senators to waste our resouces discussin man=man.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
rhymz:

I can't believe anyone can be comparing black and Pan African struggles with pro-man-lover lobby for equal rights. Equal rights to do what exactly? Legally accept a few people's excessive and deviant indulgence? Let's make thesame argument for people that practice bestiality, paedophilia and so on, how are they or their arguments different from homosexuals'?
How dare anyone insinuate that Nigerians are ignorant of the issues surrounding samesex cohabitation all because we have wholeheartly rejected such practice in our country. Accepting same-sex cohabitation and acceding to their demands for equal rights is not in anyway an indication of intelligence or a developed society; it only shows how subversive and manipulative samesex lobbyists can be and the general moral decadence of western society.
Is it not hypocritical and selective amnesia that thesame West and her governments that criminalize polygamy(which is very well between two consenting adults and does not hurt anyone-references pro-man-lover lobbyists used to make in their effort to make their case) can arrogantly sit on the judgemental thrown and parrot their nonsense about fundamental human rights? Is polygamy in anyway dangerous than the despicable practice of homosexuality in the full glare of the public and with full legal backing to support such a dirty lifestyle.
I am not a fan of the Nigerian legislature myself but let no one try to make it look like they should turn a blind eye to the issue, and pass it as a diversion or a way for the legislators to garner integrity and support from the "gullible Nigerian public". Such argument is lazy in its analysis of the issues and overlooks the fact that the issue homosexuality and man-lover-rights, lately, has been a burning issue in not just Nigeria but many African countries. Is it not obvious that these man-lover-right activists and their lobbyists have penetrated a lot of countries and subdue their government with the help of the hypocritical and docile western governments? Little wonder they say these days that homosexuals are made and not born, all you need to do is look at the society and take your count- many of these deviants are impressionable and indulgent people who have been nurtured by their environment and decadent society at large. There is no such thing as man-lover gene or anyone being born with Same-sex gene, nature has not gone that bad on anyone, it is just what we want to allow. Every one at some point struggle with different desires-some good and some bad-it does not mean those of us that choose to conform to the norms are any greater humans or those that willingly choose to succumb to the desires are born man-lover.
I, personally do not have problems with homosexuals as long as they keep their very weird lifestyle in the closet of their private life, fine by me but to push the boundaries and start asking for some recognitions and right to openly assault other people's sense of decency and morals by advocating we recognize their right to live the way they want in our society is tantamout to asking for the KKK treatment cos we are "gon' give it to em the way they wont like it up their Bottom".
As for the Britons talking like Nigeria is an annex of the british colony, let them parrot their nonsense to china, iran, russia, the saudis and co. . The worst they can do is talk the talk, they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them, infact, the relationship has been one-sided-with overbloated loans, loan clones given to us to keep us locked up in a web of debt who wants that kind of aids. Scheeew, let them go to hell, Nigeria is a sovereign state.

Another person who just doesn't get it. I didn't bother reading the entire epistle written there but I'll like to re-iterate that the actions of these deviants (as you so sweetly put it) doesn't affect your lfe in any way. Your comparisons and analogies are wide off the mark because most of what you've compared with homosexuality violates the rights of a party while homosexuality is a private indulgence of the "deviants" which affect no one. It simply isn't anyone's f%#king business. Why not live your life, chart your own path to salvation and live others to chart their own courses. Why is that so difficult for some people to comprehend: the right to free will?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by UyiIredia(m): 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

Another person who just doesn't get it. I didn't bother reading the entire epistle written there but I'll like to re-iterate that the actions of these deviants (as you so sweetly put it) doesn't affect your lfe in any way. Your comparisons and analogies are wide off the mark because most of what you've compared with homosexuality violates the rights of a party while homosexuality is a private indulgence of the "deviants" which affect no one. It simply isn't anyone's f%#king business. Why not live your life, chart your own path to salvation and live others to chart their own courses. Why is that so difficult for some people to comprehend: the right to free will?

Hence you missed a solid point forwarded by rhymz: that polygamy (which is legally discriminated against in the West) also involves relationship between consenting adults. A clear case of double-standards. Of course, free-will without (the concept of) limits isn't truly free. It would lead to a disordered society.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
WinkWrld:

@sagamite : i can now conclude u think just like a juvenile and should not be in this forum. For obvious reasons, u have shown no sign of intelligence. So u are contented with Nigeria's development? shocked Guy forget all this Asylum Seeking and Come back home Jare. I will probably assign one of my taxis for u to do daily delivery. But u will however not hold any position because u may be discussing 'trade by Bata'' as Nigerian development.  u are a silly man who supports our senators to waste our resouces discussin man=man.

You are a faggoted cretin that can never have the brains to operate at my level. A foool that is stating homosexuality is development and key to development.

Dunce! No wonder you drive taxi. grin
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
To the reprobate called sagamite, if you're incapable of the maturity to actually debate a post like an adult, I'd appreciate you quit replying my posts. I have no endurance keeping up with your playground abuse. My teenage sister might but I like to think I've outgrown throwing juvenile abuse on an internet forum feeling like a keyboard warrior. I joined Nairaland recently to discuss topical issues that afflict this nascent democracy still groping around in the dark trying to find it's way, not for  one-upmanship with insecure people looking to mask their insecurities by projecting a most obnoxious image. Pls, act with some dignity like a mature human being.

The world is filled with opinions and different ways of thinking and you show a great short-coming when you can't interact without bitter conflict.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

Hence you missed a solid point forwarded by rhymz: that polygamy (which is legally discriminated against in the West) also involves relationship between consenting adults. A clear case of double-standards. Of course, free-will without (the concept of) limits isn't truly free. It would lead to a disordered society.

I actually don't believe polygamy (or polyandry for that matter) should be discriminated against. If a girl thinks she's cheap enough to be one of multiple wives, it should be her business.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

To the reprobate called sagamite, if you're incapable of the maturity to actually debate a post like an adult, I'd appreciate you quit replying my posts. I have no endurance keeping up with your playground abuse. My teenage sister might but I like to think I've outgrown throwing juvenile abuse on an internet forum feeling like a keyboard warrior. I joined Nairaland recently to discuss topical issues that afflict this nascent democracy still groping around in the dark trying to find it's way, not for  one-upmanship with insecure people looking to mask their insecurities by projecting a most obnoxious image. Pls, act with some dignity like a mature human being.

The world is filled with opinions and different ways of thinking and you show a great short-coming when you can't interact without bitter conflict.

I have no interest in having mature debates with closet poof cretins like you that is chatting shyt.

Stop giving moronic assertions. You did not read the message on the location section of my profile?

Your opinion and way of thinking is of someone whose brain needs to be watered everyday to stay alive. Like a veg! I don't tolerate vegatable brains and that kind of brain is not maturity, it is stupidity.

Same as the mooron that said accepting homosexuality is development!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
I also need to make it clear that there's a difference between advocating homosexuality and defending homosexual rights. I'm not defending the morality of homosexuality in any way but the right to homosexuality if preferred. Just like I consider prostitution reprehensible but couldn't (and shouldn't) care less what a girl does with her body.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

I also need to make it clear that there's a difference between advocating homosexuality and defending Same-sex rights. I'm not defending the morality of homosexuality in any way but the right to homosexuality if preferred. Just like I consider prostitution reprehensible but couldn't (and shouldn't) care less what a girl does with her body.

Well the majority agree with you on the immorality but disagree with you about not banning it. So they banned it.

You have the right to be an homo[i]s[/i]exual, but you don't have the right to practice homosexuality (especially in public).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Survived Attacks From Biafrans Over Grazing Bill — Uju Onwudiwe / Abia North: Bourdex Okays Election Result, Closes Rank With Orji Kalu / Service Chiefs Decorated With Their New Ranks Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.