Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

*~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (22966 Views)

Poll: Who is your Poster of the year 2011 in this section?

Gbawe: 45% (107 votes)
Onlytruth: 42% (101 votes)
Katsumoto: 12% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / *~ Katsumoto Voted The Politics Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by realchange: 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
short, concise and apt posters should win, not long incoherent posters like gbawe.
katsumoto is not versatile, he focuses on about 2 or 3 areas, but disappears on all others
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by mukina2: 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2011
realchange:

the best posts are not the long posts, because this is a web forum not a place to post articles as personal posts
over 95% of readers here don't read very long posts, people have short attention span here because they have other things to do

short, concise and apt posters should win, not long incoherent posters like gbawe.
katsumoto is not versatile, he focuses on about 2 or 3 areas, but disappears on all others

It is not about the length but about the content of the post and one doesn't have to speak in areas he/she has no idea or has no interest.

Rad1cal:

The moment Beaf was disqualified , sentimentalism was adopted . so deal with it .

One of the qualities of a good model should be an ability to be keep to the rules.

If this will make beaf and others post within rules, then it's worth it.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Olaone1: 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2011
I can bet my NL wife on Onlytruth.

Imagine all the Igbos on NL.

And all Beafites (supporters of Beaf).

No contest!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by mykali(m): 9:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
§o how do we vote?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by realchange: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2011
mukina2:

It is not about the length but about the content of the post and one doesn't have to speak in areas he/she has no idea or has no interest.

but what if there are 100 types of political posts eg presidency, states, militancy, election, infrastructure, finance, investments, military, terrorism, secession, war, economy, party politics, zoning, and all other many political topic here which can add up to be 100, then a poster on posts on only 3 topics
how does that make that poster any versatile enough to even make the polling 

this poll is already rigged
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by PointB: 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2011
Ola one:

I can bet my NL wife on Onlytruth.

Imagine all the Igbos on NL.

And all Beafites (supporters of Beaf).

No contest!

It is only disgruntled people and those who are too full of themselves that will believe that support for OnlyTruth is ethnically biased.
What exactly does Gbawe do here, if not to rave and rant against anything  GEJ and PDP and hail and sell anything Tinubu, Aregbe and the ACN goons? How can such one way person be the best - well perhaps in the kingdom of the blind.

As for Kats, if the topic is not about (actually against Biafra) you hardly notice him, so the less said of him the better.

OnlyTruth stands for justice, a deviation from the past, and a new direction.

If he wins, he won simply because people believe he is the best; all this attempt (including by the mods) to undermine his credibility and immense contribution actually strengthens it.  

I am actually disappointed with the Mods - Jarus and OAM4J, for their insinuations that the vote is trending towards ethnic bias. How exactly did you determine that? Or do you prefer few voters to decide the outcome like previous, when 38 people decided the winner, or a more robust and informed voters creating the necessary awareness and making the vote more competitive? I just dont understand while you both will make comments that undermine your own poll. It is quite unfortunate to put it mildly!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Olaone1: 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2011
PointB:

It is only disgruntled people and those who are too full of themselves that will believe that support for OnlyTruth is ethnically biased.
What exactly does Gbawe do here, if not to rave and rant against anything  GEJ and PDP and hail and sell anything Tinubu, Aregbe and the ACN goons? How can such one way person be the best - well perhaps in the kingdom of the blind.

As for Kats, if the topic is not about (actually against Biafra) you hardly notice him, so the less said of him the better.

If he wins, he won simply because people believe he is the best; all this attempt (including by the mods) to undermine his credibility and immense contribution actually strengthens it.  

I am actually disappointed with the Mods - Jarus and OAM4J, for their insinuations that the vote is trending towards ethnic bias. How exactly did you determine that? Or do you prefer few voters to decide the outcome like previous, when 38 people decided the winner, or a more robust and informed voters creating the necessary awareness and making the vote more competitive? I just dont understand while you both will make comments that undermine your own poll. It is quite unfortunate to put it mildly!

. . . . .Says a bigot!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 9:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
PointB:

What exactly does Gbawe do here, if not to rave and rant against anything  GEJ and PDP and hail and sell anything Tinubu, Aregbe and the ACN goons? How can such one way person be the best - well perhaps in the kingdom of the blind.

My brother I tire for this n l. Untill the breeze blows.-----
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by muyoto: 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
get a life you peeps angry
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by PointB: 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
houvest:

My brother I tire for this n l. Untill the breeze blows.-----

I tire too my brother. All this I too know people!

GEJ won election and they accuse Igbos of ethnicism as if GEJ is ethnically Igbo, and as if other ethnic group did not vote for him. Now OnlyTruth is nominated to feature in a poll, we are hearing the same rubbish.

Please they should pull down the poll if they don't want 'some people' to participate; hatred for Igbo on NL is becoming a dangerous past-time that might end-up undermining this site, the same way it has undermined Nigeria!

What a shame!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by OAM4J: 10:46pm On Dec 16, 2011
PointB:

The mods are not against any of the candidate or blaming one particular ethnic group. We are only against the calls from some posters here asking for people to vote on ethnics line. Some are even asking for a merger. This is against our aim. We want any of the candidate to be elected not base on his ethnicity but simply because he is found to be the most objective, matured, intelligent and articulate poster.

Now, don't pretend you didn't see some of those calls and campaigns to vote on ethnic line. We mods are only doing our duty calling people to order and stopping a wrong trend.

So how have we gone wrong or disappointed you doing this?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Sagamite(m): 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2011
OAM4J:

The mods are not against any of the candidate or blaming one particular ethnic group. We are only against the calls from some posters here asking for people to vote on ethnics line. Some are even asking for a merger. This is against our aim. We want any of the candidate to be elected not base on his ethnicity but simply because he is found to be the most objective, matured, intelligent and articulate poster.

Now, don't pretend you didn't see some of those calls and campaigns to vote on ethnic line. We mods are only doing our duty calling people to order and stopping a wrong trend.

Una see?

Una all see am?

Bloody Africans! They will always supppress the opposition in elections. They are making the most intelligent human being on Earth not qualified for elections particapation. grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Dec 16, 2011
PointB:

I tire too my brother. All this I too know people!

GEJ won election and they accuse Igbos of ethnicism as if GEJ is ethnically Igbo, and as if other ethnic group did not vote for him. Now OnlyTruth is nominated to feature in a poll, we are hearing the same rubbish.

Please they should pull down the poll if they don't want 'some people' to participate; hatred for Igbo on NL is becoming a dangerous past-time that might end-up undermining this site, the same way it has undermined Nigeria!

What a shame!

Everyone hates them Yorubas hate them , hausas are jealous, Calabars are Envious, Middle belters are trying to undermine them. America doesnt like them, Britain hates their guts

The sun, the moon, the stars the water everything gangs up against them.

I have never seen a more insecure people in my life. You enter a room or any place and start looking for the number of people who DONT like you?

Y'all are really twisted

Doesnt it suck to be Igbos?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Sagamite(m): 11:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
With such persistent moaning, based on fictional or real claims of "victimisation", it can be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Stop whining ffs!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by PointB: 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2011
OAM4J:

I have seen call for merger between Gbawe and Kats, but I am yet to see any specific call for votes on ethnic line. What Houvest did was an innocuous appeal to me to help rally support for his candidate OnlyTruth for nomination. The appeal was not made on this thread, and if you noticed, I tactically ignored it. Nevertheless, there is nothing to suggest that OnlyTruth would not have emerged whether Beaf was banned or not, banning Beaf (rightly or wrongly) may or may not have helped the emergency of  OnlyTruth.

But in tacitly admitting without solid evidence (note that Jarus claimed you both  currently don't know the direction of the voting since it's secret) that this election is trending ethnically rather suggesting otherwise, you have helped whipped up the ethnic sentiment. Therein lie my disappointment.

To be fair, I don't agree with bigoted view of Gbawe on many issues; I don't read the long articles of Kats, nor I am impressed with the pretense of ekt_bear, how can I nominate or vote for them.

Wouldn't it have been better if you and Jarus had suggested that people are not supporting them because they don't agree with them on issues, rather than the simplistic and over-flogged ethnic reasons? If that suggestion does  not hold for you, then perhaps the idea of protest vote due to banning of Beaf is tenable. But simply buying into the idea that every unusual and 'inexplicable' event can be excused as ethnicism is a defeatist and escapist approach to dealing with reality.

Gbawe, Ekt_bear and Kats are popular among some people, just as Beaf, OnlyTruth and some other are popular in their own sphere. None of these people are better than the other - they are just different in their approach to issues. That is my opinion.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Sagamite(m): 12:13am On Dec 17, 2011
PointB:

Gbawe, Ekt_bear and Kats are popular among some people, just as Beaf, OnlyTruth and some other are popular in their own sphere. None of these people are better than the other - they are just different in their approach to issues. That is my opinion.

Absolute tosh!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 12:17am On Dec 17, 2011
Sagamite:

Absolute tosh!

Of course it is tosh because the great sagamite says so. Next.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by ektbear: 12:18am On Dec 17, 2011
PointB:

Lmao.

Unfortunately I have something due in a few hours so don't have the time. But can someone else debunk these two points? They are both flat out lies.

realchange:

And what of a poster who focuses on only one area, and in fact does poorly in that (Onlytruth)?

You guys simply are not being objective. Ethnic sentiment has clouded your judgements.

realchange:

ekt_bear is one of the worst ethnic bigots on this forum, so his views of anybody should be discounted completely
he is also openly campaigning for his Yoruba brothers and nutures deep hatred for onlytruth because onlytruth trumps him most times
i dey laff dis kain elekshion

Several points:

1. I may or may not be an "ethnic bigot", but you'll be hard-pressed to find hard evidence of it. I invite you to search through my posts and find any post that show ethnic bigotry w/o any provocation. I issued this challenge in the past, and no one took it up.
2. I don't care about Yoruba ethnic sentiment. If I did, believe you me I'd be a lot nicer to certain posters I've been a bit of an @ss too. However, what is more relevant here is that one unqualified individual is cashing in on ethnic sentiment, while neither of the other two (at least from what I've seen) have benefited from this.
3. I repeat, there has never been a single thread on this entire forum in which Onlytruth has bested me. My posting history is open, as is Onlytruth's. You can spend the next several hours looking for one if you like. And if you find such a thread, feel free to link to it. Or even better, bump it!
4. I don't have any hatred. . . there is simply nothing worth hating. I don't hate on someone for saying Derek Fisher is better than Kobe, I call such a person an id1ot, or believe that they are Derek Fisher's pikin.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by OAM4J: 12:23am On Dec 17, 2011
Sagamite:

Una see?

Una all see am?

Bloody Africans! They will always supppress the opposition in elections. They are making the most intelligent human being on Earth not qualified for elections particapation.  grin grin grin grin tongue

Wetin to see? Why you quote me or na mistake  

PointB:

I have seen call for merger between Gbawe and Kats, but I am yet to see any specific call for votes on ethnic line. What Houvest did was an innocuous appeal to me to help rally support for his candidate OnlyTruth for nomination. The appeal was not made on this thread, and if you noticed, I tactically ignored it. Nevertheless, there is nothing to suggest that OnlyTruth would not have emerged whether Beaf was banned or not, banning Beaf (rightly or wrongly) may or may not have helped the emergency of  OnlyTruth.

But in tacitly admitting without solid evidence (note that Jarus claimed you both  currently don't know the direction of the voting since it's secret) that this election is trending ethnically rather suggesting otherwise, you have helped whipped up the ethnic sentiment. Therein lie my disappointment.

To be fair, I don't agree with bigoted view of Gbawe on many issues; I don't read the long articles of Kats, nor I am impressed with the pretense of ekt_bear, how can I nominate or vote for them.

Wouldn't it have been better if you and Jarus had suggested that people are not supporting them because they don't agree with them on issues, rather than the simplistic and over-flogged ethnic reasons? If that suggestion does  not hold for you, then perhaps the idea of protest vote due to banning of Beaf is tenable. But simply buying into the idea that every unusual and 'inexplicable' event can be excused as ethnicism is a defeatist and escapist approach to dealing with reality.

OK. No problem. But believe what Jarus said and you can ask other moderators too, none of us can see the result till it is over. So we don't know the direction of the voting or who is voting for who, our reaction are only based on what we read on this thread.

Have Fun guys! May the best man win.  cool
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 12:29am On Dec 17, 2011
PointB:

My brother. NL is becoming  akin to a cult where there are those of the inner circle. NL is actually helping me understand the psyche of people from every part of the country. For some there are times to be rational, and times not to. There  are those who are guilty till proven innocent, for some others , they are innocent till proven guilty. Objectivity becomes subjective to whom you are dealing with. We must continue exposing such here untill things change and there are no more us and them . This polling is helping expose the hipocrisies.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by reporter1: 12:36am On Dec 17, 2011
The whole exercise has lost its allure. You have two objective people and one supremacist vying for POY 2011.
In a saner forum, one name would definitely not be up there. But then, it's a free world.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by isalegan2: 12:37am On Dec 17, 2011
. . . that oversabi Katsumoto only rears his big coconut head in . . . 

A picture may have to be a part of next year's campaign.   lipsrsealed  cheesy

P.S.:  How dare you sir?  That's my candidate.  My nominee, even.  It's not about mis-shapen heads anyway.  wink
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 12:45am On Dec 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lmao.

Unfortunately I have something due in a few hours so don't have the time. But can someone else debunk these two points? They are both flat out lies.

And what of a poster who focuses on only one area, and in fact does poorly in that (Onlytruth)?

You guys simply are not being objective. Ethnic sentiment has clouded your judgements.

Several points:

1. I may or may not be an "ethnic bigot", but you'll be hard-pressed to find hard evidence of it. I invite you to search through my posts and find any post that show ethnic bigotry w/o any provocation. I issued this challenge in the past, and no one took it up.
2. I don't care about Yoruba ethnic sentiment. If I did, believe you me I'd be a lot nicer to certain posters I've been a bit of an @ss too. However, what is more relevant here is that one unqualified individual is cashing in on ethnic sentiment, while neither of the other two (at least from what I've seen) have benefited from this.
3. I repeat, there has never been a single thread on this entire forum in which Onlytruth has bested me. My posting history is open, as is Onlytruth's. You can spend the next several hours looking for one if you like. And if you find such a thread, feel free to link to it. Or even better, bump it!
4. I don't have any hatred. . . there is simply nothing worth hating. I don't hate on someone for saying Derek Fisher is better than Kobe, I call such a person an id1ot, or believe that they are Derek Fisher's pikin.

For goodness sake who do you really think you are? Besting everybody? I have told you that whatever opinion you hold about yourself  or others is your opinion.  You can only cram it down the throats of some  lilly- livered folks. Opinion is an a- hole. Everybody has one. You do not have more rights to your opinion than the next person so please stop annoying us with these condescending posts. Just climb down from that high horse and put on some robe of humility. What ever you think you are, you do not know what the next person is. We do not all come here waving our certificates or iq test results or other accomplishments so please stop this. Ok you are better than onlythruth. Kats and Gbawe are better than him. Infact he is a dullard . Happy now? You are asking folks to cite posts but you keep on putting down only truth without citing one post to back yourself up. Just what I posted before :Different rules for different folks.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

It looks like there is a decent chance that this politics section poster of the year will become a bit of a joke.

I wouldn't ordinarily comment on stuff like this while it is in progress, but before you vote you must ask yourself, is this person truly amongst the best posters on this particular forum of NL?

Does this person represent the best reasoning, the best arguments, and the sharpest ideas in this forum? If you were to compile a list of the "best posts/threads of NL", is this person's name going to show up heavily?

Ah well. Nigeria in general has difficulty recognizing quality and talent, so perhaps not too surprising that Nairalanders would struggle with the same.

If you decide to vote a monkey or a piece of toilet paper as your best poster of the year, that too is your prerogative. It won't make the monkey/toilet paper look bad of course, but it sure as hell will make you look bad.

democracy is a popularity contest, not necessarily a selection of best of breed.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Katsumoto: 1:17am On Dec 17, 2011
Areosapien:

Besides, that oversabi Katsumoto only rears his big coconut head in Biafra issues, yarning opata most of the time grin
Woops! My bad. Gotta go now! grin

isale_gan2:

A picture may have to be a part of next year's campaign.   lipsrsealed  cheesy

P.S.:  How dare you sir?  That's my candidate.  My nominee, even.  It's not about mis-shapen heads anyway.  wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin

That's funny; I got to say.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Kilode1: 1:27am On Dec 17, 2011
OK. If someone can post a picture of Katsumoto's Coconut head, I'll vote for dia candidate.

As a matter of fact, I'll mobilize my massive political machine right away and deliver this election to that lucky candidate.

Incase I'm not clear enough: I'm ready and willing to be bought. I have a price --> Katsumoto's Coconut head.

Isale, thank you for bringing this treasure to my attention. Post it people.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Katsumoto: 1:33am On Dec 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

OK. If someone can post a picture of Katsumoto's Coconut head, I'll vote for dia candidate.

As a matter of fact, I'll mobilize my massive political machine right away and deliver this election to that lucky candidate.

Incase I'm not clear enough: I'm ready and willing to be bought. I have a price --> Katsumoto's Coconut head.

Isale, thank you for bringing this treasure to my attention. Post it people.

What if I supply the picture of the said coconut head myself? Whats my incentive? grin grin grin grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Kilode1: 1:45am On Dec 17, 2011
Katsumoto:

What if I supply the picture of the said coconut head myself? Whats my incentive? grin grin grin grin

Mba. No.

That will be ojoro. Not allowed. I'm sure it will be embellished or photoshopped. grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by isalegan2: 1:53am On Dec 17, 2011
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Katsumoto: 1:56am On Dec 17, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kilode,

We have a winner, the coconut head with the dark shades is me. Now you have to support Isale's candidate. tongue
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by jmaine: 2:06am On Dec 17, 2011
Noise level too high . .tone it down guyz cheesy
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Kilode1: 2:38am On Dec 17, 2011
Katsumoto, I'll wait for better pictures. I expect your political enemies to dig up juicier dirt than your supporters grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Ebonyi Ring Road Project, A Dream Come True / Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? / Lawan, Ndume, Goje Shift Battleground To PDP Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.