Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words (1754 Views)

20 Body Language Women Exhibit When They're Inlove With You. / Male Body Language Flirting Signs To Watch Out For / 10 Common Ladies Body Language That Guys Should Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by efuah(f): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2007
Has it ever occurred to you how much you are saying to people even when you are not speaking? Unless you are a master of disguise, you are constantly sending messages about your true thoughts and feelings whether you are using words or not.

Studies show that your words account for only 7% of the messages you convey.  The remaining 93% is non-verbal.  55% of communication is based on what people see and 38% is transmitted through tone of voice.  So think about it.  In the business setting, people can see what you're not saying.  If your body language does not match your words, you're wasting your time.

Eye contact is the most obvious way u communicates.  When you're looking at the other person, u show interest. When u fail to make eye contact, u give the impression that the other person is of no importance. Maintain eye contact about 60% of the time in order to look interested, but not aggressive.

Facial expression is another form of non-verbal communication. A smile sends a positive message and is appropriate. Smiling adds warmth and an aura of confidence. Others will be more receptive if u remember to check your expression.

Your mouth give clues too, and not just when u are speaking. Mouth movements, such as pursing your lips or twisting them to one side, can indicate that you're thinking about what u hear or that you're holding something back.

How receptive you're is suggested by where u place your arms. Arms crossed or folded over your chest say that u have shut other people out n have no interest in them or wht they r saying. This position can also say “I don’t agree with u.”  u might be cold, but unless u shiver at the same time, the person in front of u may get the wrong message.

However, using your arms can help or hurt your image as well. Waving them about may show enthusiasm to some, but others see this gesture as one of uncertainty and immaturity. Posture is also very important, if u want to be seen as alert or enthusiastic. When u slump in your chair or lean on the wall, u look tired, no one wants to do business with someone who has no energy.

Control your hands by paying attention to where they are. In the business world, particularly when u deal with people from other cultures, your hands need to be seen. That would mean u should keep them out of your pockets and u should resist the urge to put them under the table or behind your back. Having your hands anywhere above your neck, fidgeting with your hair or rubbing your face is unprofessional.

Legs talk too; a lot of movement indicates nervousness. How and where u cross them tell others how u feel. The preferred positions for the polished professionals are feet flat on the floor or legs crossed at the ankle; the least professional and most offensive position is resting one leg or ankle on top of your other knee. Some people call it ht “Figure Four” it can make u look arrogant.

The distance u keep from others is crucial if u want to establish good rapport. Standing too close or “in someone’s face” will mark u as pushy. Positioning yourself too far away will make u seem standoffish. Neither is what u want so find the happy medium. Most important, do what make the other person feel comfortable, if the person with whom you're speaking keeps backing away from u, stop. Either that person needs space or u need a breath mint. lol

You may not be aware of what u are saying with your body, but other will get the message.

BE WARE.
CHEERS kiss kiss kiss
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by Joey82(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2007
efuah, thats why most people are misunderstood, there's always a tendency of people wrongly interpreting ur body language since it speaks in silence.
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by efuah(f): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2007
awwwww so nobody appreciated this piece of note cry
well i tot it was good for sharing wink

thanks joey82
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by Joey82(m): 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2007
ure welcome efuah
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by CuteAngel(f): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2007
You are absolutely right, body language counts a lot in our day to day communication. Nice piece cool kiss
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by zignorr(m): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2007
@efuah . . .this your research na die grin grin
Anyway, you really tried . . .I will follow it up wink cheesy grin
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by Easybaby(f): 1:17pm On Sep 27, 2007
peeps in lipsrsealed
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by iice(f): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2007
Yeah. . .just like today when someone made me mad, i didnt talk though i wanted to curse him, but he got the gist. . .said i was hot-headed grin grin
Ke? Irritated is more like it tongue
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by whatnext: 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2007
Nice write-up! But I think it would make more sense in the Career/Jobs section.
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by efuah(f): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2007
whatnext:

Nice write-up! But I think it would make more sense in the Career/Jobs section.
thanks dearie smiley
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by ufobabe(f): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2007
that is a good write up. u are so intelegent yet wants 2 take another man's wife. why did u past such bad signal about urself?

the disease that would kill a dog will first takes its sense of smell away.

d option of the intelligent is better than the certainty of the ignorant.

character is like pregnancy, u cannot hide it.

d tongues weighs practically nothing nut so few pple can hold it

2 handle urself use your head, to handle others use ur heart

ur article make sense shaaaaaaaaa, but don't try 2 thief what is not ur own
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by efuah(f): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2007
ufobabe:

that is a good write up. u are so intelegent yet wants 2 take another man's wife. why did u past such bad signal about yourself?
i dnt get u here what does that mean? me? another man's wife? how undecided
can u pls explain this? am a lady, married with a son, so wht ya talking abt?
darlingD i guess undecided pls explain
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by sallysexy(f): 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2007
ufobabe:

your article make sense shaaaaaaaaa, but don't try 2 thief what is not your own
did she tell u it's her own? i haven't seen that here undecided

efuah:

awwwww so nobody appreciated this piece of note cry
well i tot it was good for sharing wink
did u read this ufobabe? it means she might have gotten it somewhere. dnt judge
or conclude wrongly. ask, whn u are answered, u can then judge from there. wink
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by ufobabe(f): 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2007
@ efuah,

am sorry, i thot u are the guy that is trying 2 take another man's wife.

don't worry ok, u got the best article here.

make sure u don't give that guy a chance ok
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by darlingD(m): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2007
awwwwww, so efuah u r here posting? how come u dnt want to reply to my thread my love?
plsssssssssssssssssssssssss cry reply plssssss cry

ufobabe, so u r here insulting me right?
Re: Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words by havanah: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2007
u r so right about body language, ive been into that for sometime and it has kept me out of trouble (and into it sometimes tongue), people get so impressed with u when u understand them but the most important is that when u know how to use it in the right way u go through life with more confidance, wink

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Nicest Thing Your Lover Has Done For You? / In Love With Ma Colleague But I Think She's Playing Me / How Do I Tell Him,please Help Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.