Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters (20007 Views)

Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by humblebee: 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2011
WOW . . . . I am gonna guess you were either too young to have known of the Lekki area back 20-30 years ago or you were not probably not in Lagos State at that time, because Lekki was mostly swamp area during the Jakande era, and the population of the zone was in the low hundreds. Apart from the beach(swampy, dirty beach) and the groves, and maybe the animals to see, there was not much in lekki to do or see back in those days.  grin grin grin grin What would have been the sense in investing millions of limited state resources in building extra lanes on a highway like that in hopes that 20 to 30 years later, it would be used?  
[quote][/quote]

You're wrong on this one again as usual , you should ask questions about that area. the whole of lekki was just palm/rubber tree plantation. farmers lived there and the road has been existing for more than 30years, the jakande estate there is a good example of how long people have settled there and it was the 3rd of jakande estate to be built by lateef jakande himself even before the one at Iba on your way to badagary. This is the reason Jakande is still the best till date, he was like a prophet then, you can imagine this man building estates as far as these places and made it low cost as far back as 1982. and these estates are still very relevant now. we dont see these things anymore, everybody is expected to buy a land and start building which might take 10 or 15years, i wonder how long such person will live in such houses
so the lekki road has been there for long, not worked on though and its a pity Lagos state government wants to toll it without providing an alternative but all the same, if its necessary, then they should go on but a concession with a hidden plan is just bad for the pace setter
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2011
eros:

I am a man who hates to dwell on problems. I did rather work on the solution and Nigeria needs alot of solution minded people and not people who always delight in discussing the problems and then cursing and swearing at each other at the end of the day without any solutions proffered.

Has anybody proffered any other better solution? I don't think so.

So why not burn the damn tolls, that seems like a reasonable thing to do and this problem will be solved once and for all

Isn't the obvious solution, which really could have solved this since 2009, be that the Government hold off on tolling the expressway, until it is sure it has adequately created alternative routes in the area. I mean that has been the suggestion from the beginning . . . a common sense solution if you ask me. But Somehow the administration continues to resist this, it seems.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by karlmax2: 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2011
So mr coogar so fashola adding one lane of road from lekki phase 1 to chevron is enough to mount 3 toll gate on a road without viable alternative road. a road jakande's government built from V.I to epe for 30 years is that ur idea of development they would have built a new road linking in and out of like and mount there toll no one would have complained if dat had been done but the theives want to rip where they didnt sow very funny
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by eros(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Isn't the obvious solution, which really could have solved this since 2009, be that the Government hold off on tolling the expressway, until it is sure it has adequately created alternative routes in the area. I mean that has been the suggestion from the beginning . . . a common sense solution if you ask me. But Somehow the administration continues to resist this, it seems.

They continue to resist that solution because of what they stand to gain. These people make their money by the numbers. Can you imagine how many motorists ply that road on a daily basis? Then calculate how much will be made per day, then per month and per year. It definitely will run into billions of naira.

So tell me, why would the State Government create alternative routes when they know Lagosians will rather ply such routes than pay 360 Naira everyday on the damn road.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

People here are requesting what makes sense, but some thugs feel it makes sense to shoot governors from 30 years ago,

you have made several senseless remarks heavy enough to sink the titanic. the lekki tolling is a very correct decision.
the problem with you and most nigerians is the fact that everyone wants to live in lagos by force even when their income does not fit in. if you want to use the lekki road, pay for the lekki road and the state government shall maintain that road until they can think about building an alternative route.

that to me is logical. for the ones whose finances would collapse because of the tolling. they should move out of lekki to go n stay in the suburbs.
with that, the pressure on the road would lessen and the government would have much less to do maintaining the road.
everyone cannot stay in lekki.

and the people, because they demand their tax money [/b]entitle them to alternative routes before the one route that has been available for them for 30 years be tolled.
Now that I think of your suggestion, would probably happen if the Government did such here.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

what useless tax do lagosians pay? abeg. . . . .don't even go down that route. nigerians don't pay any tax at all with their devious schemes and tricks they use to defraud their own government. [b]i make 100,000 naira a month and my tax is 20,000
. this looks pretty on the eye and the general idea is that the state government keeps the 20,000 but the reality in nigeria is i have created 5 ghost workers to recoup that tax in four folds back from the state government.

in other words, it's now the government paying me tax, not the other way round.
if i were fashola, i would put a toll-plaza on every road in the lagos island environ.
lagosians want to enjoy good roads like the other developed cities in the world - then let them pay through their noses for such luxury!

karl max:

So mr coogar so fashola adding one lane of road from lekki phase 1 to chevron is enough to mount 3 toll gate on a road without viable alternative road. a road jakande's government built from V.I to epe for 30 years is that your idea of development they would have built a new road linking in and out of like and mount there toll no one would have complained if dat had been done but the theives want to rip where they didnt sow very funny

it is enough. . . . . .he should mount 5.
3 won't produce the cash to construct another alternative route in time.
do nigerians pay "road tax"? are there congested charge area on some lagos roads?

fashola is too nice for lagosians.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2011
eros:

They continue to resist that solution because of what they stand to gain. These people make their money by the numbers. Can you imagine how many motorists ply that road on a daily basis? Then calculate how much will be made per day, then per month and per year. It definitely will run into billions of naira.

So tell me, why would the State Government create alternative routes when they know Lagosians will rather ply such routes than pay 360 Naira everyday on the damn road.

But, if the State has started implementing this back in 2009, it would have long completed the route. I really do not see how the state would assume that ALL people will choose the alternative route really.

The Lagos/Ibadan road had a toll station as well . . . . but there was an alternative route to Ibadan, and out of Lagos, but motorists still chose to pay the tolls on that expressway, even as many opted for the alternative routes. It works that way here too. I don't see why it should not work in Lagos.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by eros(m): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2011
coogar:

you have made several senseless remarks heavy enough to sink the titanic. the lekki tolling is a very correct decision.
the problem with you and most nigerians is the fact that everyone wants to live in lagos by force even when their income does not fit in. if you want to use the lekki road, pay for the lekki road and the state government shall maintain that road until they can think about building an alternative route.

that to me is logical. for the ones whose finances would collapse because of the tolling. they should move out of lekki to go n stay in the suburbs.
with that, the pressure on the road would lessen and the government would have much less to do maintaining the road.
everyone cannot stay in lekki.

what useless tax do lagosians pay? abeg. . . . .don't even go down that route. nigerians don't pay any tax at all with their devious schemes and tricks they use to defraud their own government. i make 100,000 naira a month and my tax is 20,000. this looks pretty on the eye and the general idea is that the state government keeps the 20,000 but the reality in nigeria is i have created 5 ghost workers to recoup that tax in four folds back from the state government.

in other words, it's now the government paying me tax, not the other way round.
if i were fashola, i would put a toll-plaza on every road in the lagos island environ.
lagosians want to enjoy good roads like the other developed cities in the world - then let them pay through their noses for such luxury!

it is enough. . . . . .he should mount 5.
3 won't produce the cash to construct another alternative route in time.
do nigerians pay "road tax"? are there congested charge area on some lagos roads?

fashola is too nice for lagosians.

Oh boy!!! You have completely lost it. So a mere road is a luxury   It is my right and every Nigerians right to ply on good roads without paying toll for it.

Men, some Nigerians really need psychological help. I can't even argue with you because you just fall my hand by that statement.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2011
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2011
eros:

Oh boy!!! You have completely lost it. So a mere road is a luxury   It is my right and every Nigerians right to ply on good roads without paying toll for it.

yes - using a mere road in that part of town is a luxury. seeing that most roads in the country are death-traps, haven of daredevil robbers, poor lighting, etc. of course, you need to pay for the services of that road. nigerians want their government to model the government of developed countries and yet the citizens of nigeria don't want to model the citizens of developed countries. how does that work?

Men, some Nigerians really need psychological help. I can't even argue with you because you just fall my hand by that statement.

if you don't think using good roads is luxury then you should sue your teachers. with a good road, you don't have to wake up that early, your car gets less visits to your mechanic and the time of travel generally becomes shorter. all these things are luxury fashola's government is asking you to pay for.

pay up or shut up!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ coger,

You are lecturing these losers for real.

Im enjoying your posts.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by tosanj: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
If the issue with the road is the traffic, the best solution for now is flyovers, which every engineer knows. If people watch local TVs,like AIT, to know things happening in other states, they will know that in Akwa ibom and Rivers states the goverments are building flyovers to easy traffic not roundabout. I go pay toll still enter traffic, it is just not fair. And the cos of Flyovers no cheap becos na for PH or Akwa ibom.

How can LCC just add a lane and re construct roundabout and expect to remove traffic. Every where in lagos that has a flyover it is to remove traffic. roundabout no dey remove traffic

30years is a long time to pay for the construction of a road within a state!!!!!. I think lagosian need to know the amount spent on the road and what LCC bugeted income is? LCC should have a budgeted figure of the cars that plys the road now to know how much to calculate for each vehicle's payment.

Before you start such project you should send people out to count cars that ply the road for a given period and take the average. Then the average figure is used to calculate the tool fee.

But Tinubu said sometime back that we will have route that will not pay toll, or is it the alternate route, Thought it will be like service lanes, in other words, we will have like 8 lanes each

Come to think of it, if toll should be paid why only Lekki and not every other part of lagos, like oshodi, under bridge, Western Ave, Surulere etc, or even to go Ibafor and mowe.

Becos we want make lagos be mega city those when come from that area we drive them out

God Help Fashola
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

@ coger,

You are lecturing these losers for real.

Im enjoying your posts.

it peeves me when some nigerians cannot think out of the box and you would find out the people complaining the most are not even yorubas.
the non-yorubas migrate to lagos for better lives and they demand what they dare not say in their states of origin.

people should realize lagos is over-populated. how that state works baffles me. the amenities are seriously overloaded because people won't stop trooping in. ask these people to pay to enjoy better services and they complain - because nobody has asked them to pay in enugu, ebonyi and bayelsa.

if those places are that better, why not relocate back and leave lagos alone?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by eros(m): 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2011
coogar:

it peeves me when some nigerians cannot think out of the box and you would find out the people complaining the most are not even yorubas.
the non-yorubas migrate to lagos for better lives and they demand what they dare not say in their states of origin.

people should realize lagos is over-populated. how that state works baffles me. the amenities are seriously overloaded because people won't stop trooping in. ask these people to pay to enjoy better services and they complain - because nobody has asked them to pay in enugu, ebonyi and bayelsa.

if those places are that better, why not relocate back and leave lagos alone?

No need to get worked up, trust me you will wake up one beautiful morning and find your beloved toll gate burnt to ashes. Then all these ranting and shouting will be over.

Problem solved.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2011
eros:

No need to get worked up, trust me you will wake up one beautiful morning and find your beloved toll gate burnt to ashes. Then all these ranting and shouting will be over.

Problem solved.

and the government would simply build another one and double the toll-fare. how is this a problem?

the picture above is the toll @ dartford tunnel in the uk. for a period of 2 yrs, i used that road every working day and paid for the luxury.
and what i paid excluded road tax and the normal tax from my wages. up till today, motorists are still paying to use that road.
the governments of developed countries are not magicians. all the money they spend to put the place together are taxed from their citizens.

if nigerians adopt this method gradually(instead of always expecting the government to serve them a plate of rice on their dining table), the country would be a much better place to live in. as a lagos resident, i would trust fashola's government enough to put my token in any of his toll plazas.
his excellent record speaks for itself.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by nku5: 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ coogar - I'm browsing with my phone so there's a limit to what I can post. You say you live in that axis and I can assume you're very well off and don't mind paying average of 250 naira to go in and out of your house (if you don't live too far from lekki phase 1). You must understand that its not about people moving to lagos, there are lots of indigenes of eti-osa area who are against it for two reasons , one they can't afford it and secondly the principle is on its head. How can an elected official sign an agreement of that magnitude in secret.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2011
nku5:

@ coogar - I'm browsing with my phone so there's a limit to what I can post. You say you live in that axis and I can assume you're very well off and don't mind paying average of 250 naira to go in and out of your house (if you don't live too far from lekki phase 1). You must understand that its not about people moving to lagos, there are lots of indigenes of eti-osa area who are against it for two reasons , one they can't afford it and secondly the principle is on its head. How can an elected official sign an agreement of that magnitude in secret.

residents that are motorists should simply ask for tags or tabs on their windshield
obviously, the residents should get a subsidy!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by nku5: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ coogar - subsidy ke? That's not happening and you know it.chei na God save u I am using my phone. Wetin concern lcc and resident? The problem is that nigerians have been so deprived that some things excite them when they should not. A governor who cannot allow a road to be built without "leasing" it for 30yrs needs to be asked serious questions.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2011

I am with you ooo . . . subsidy ke!!!!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2011
nku5:

@ coogar - subsidy ke? That's not happening and you know it.chei na God save u I am using my phone. Wetin concern lcc and resident? The problem is that nigerians have been so deprived that some things excite them when they should not. A governor who cannot allow a road to be built without "leasing" it for 30yrs needs to be asked serious questions.

why can't it happen?
lekki residents belong to one housing estate or the other. have the cars registered with lcc. get a special tag to be displayed on the wind-shield of the registered vehicles so if others are paying say 100 naira, residents would be paying 50 naira or thereabout.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2011
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by phantom(m): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2011
So, roads have now become luxury and should be paid for Abi? Na wa o! I know we have been left holding the short end of the stick by our leaders but it does not mean we should accept what we rightly deserve as a people as if its a favour or handout handed to us.i dont live in lekki or lagos for that matter but the manner in which the residents of lekki are complaining show they are seriously being shortchanged, one issue that bothers me is why there arent any flyovers on a six lane highway, it makes no sense especially when it appears to be the solution to the traffick bottlenecks on that road.the whole thing seriously appears fraudulent.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2011
coogar:

why can't it happen?
lekki residents belong to one housing estate or the other. have the cars registered with lcc. get a special tag to be displayed on the wind-shield of the registered vehicles so if others are paying say 100 naira, residents would be paying 50 naira or thereabout.

It's already been established that nigerias are only interested in awoof.

We hear the same crying and yelling about paying too taxes, where they expect the state.too get money for roads and other services from I don't know.

The way I see it, the Lgs should be taxing their own locals too raise money for local schools, roads, clinics and other services while the state tax everybody for state roads, universities , bridges and other state projects.

We should also have funds created with taxes of maybe 1 or 2 kobo on everything we buy, maybe even on petrol like they do in the US and other countries. They build and support their highways with taxes from petrol.

Bottom line, somebodys got to pay someway somehow. Nigerians just need to get real and forget about awoof, it's time to start paying for what we crave and use.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by hercules07: 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2011
LCC already asked those who live in the areas to get special tags, they will not have to pay more than once even if they use the road ten times in a day, try doing that with the FG on that Airport road that is tolled, you will pay every time you pass through that and I do not see anybody complaining. People need to pay the toll so that the roads can be done better, a guy called in saying how the LCC guys towed his vehicle for free on that road, do you guys know how much towing vehicles charge in Lagos?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2011
phantom:

So, roads have now become luxury and should be paid for Abi? Na wa o! I know we have been left holding the short end of the stick by our leaders but it does not mean we should accept what we rightly deserve as a people as if its a favour or handout handed to us.i dont live in lekki or lagos for that matter but the manner in which the residents of lekki are complaining show they are seriously being shortchanged, one issue that bothers me is why there arent any flyovers on a six lane highway, it makes no sense especially when it appears to be the solution to the traffick bottlenecks on that road.the whole thing seriously appears fraudulent.

lol @ this olodo, Shey na free den build the road?

Btw, didn't I tell this clown to go worry about his village with his useless Isi ewu  big bele governors?.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 11:40pm On Dec 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

It's already been established that nigerias are only interested in awoof.
We hear the same crying and yelling about paying too taxes, where they expect the state.too get money for roads and other services from I don't know.

that bushman's mentality has to change. a lot of nigerians need to go back to school and learn that state governments are not magicians.
the money they spend are taxed from the people. in a sane world, the rich even get taxed the more to cater for the poor.

The way I see it, the Lgs should be taxing their own locals too raise money for local schools, roads, clinics and other services while the state tax everybody for state roads, universities , bridges and other state projects.

exactly!
a situation where chief okoro owns 20 jeeps and he would not bother about the several pot-holes on his street is irresponsible.
they should introduce road tax in that part of lagos. owners of suvs should pay more.

We should also have funds created with taxes of maybe 1 or 2 kobo on everything we buy, maybe even on petrol like they do in the US and other countries. They build and support their highways with taxes from petrol.

absolutely! this is why i think fashola is too nice. in his shoes, there would be a public purse
motorists would be taxed on petrol. i would put cameras on the some major roads on the island to hook over-speeding drivers. i would also introduce road tax.

Bottom line, somebodys got to pay someway somehow. Nigerians just need to get real and forget about awoof, it's time to start paying for what we crave and use.

excellent point!

hercules07:

LCC already asked those who live in the areas to get special tags, they will not have to pay more than once even if they use the road ten times in a day, try doing that with the FG on that Airport road that is tolled, you will pay every time you pass through that and I do not see anybody complaining. People need to pay the toll so that the roads can be done better, a guy called in saying how the LCC guys towed his vehicle for free on that road, do you guys know how much towing vehicles charge in Lagos?

they have done that and people are still complaining?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by POTUT(m): 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2011
It is VERY UNFORTUNATE that some Nigerians will sit in the US and anywhere else they have been lucky to get asylum to make comments from a pathetic perspective.

Here are the FACTS for you diasporans to digest before running off your mouths,
[list]
[li]That two-lane 80 plus kilometre stretch from Mobil Building to Epe existed as at the time of Jakande in the early 80s.[/li]
[li]As the decades came, population grew and that whole stretch grew into a dense residential area with estates sprouting on both sides of the stretch and a few businesses (relative to residences).[/li]
[list]
[li]Congestion on the two-lane road became the order of the day everyday. Danfo drivers and huge construction trucks attending to the Lekki Free Trade Zone made it worse.[/li]
[li]Tinubu borrowed money and awarded the contract to expand the road to LCC (a company many still believe he has stakes in.)[/li]
[li]LCC added only one more lane to the existing road, repaved the existing two lanes and built horrendous death traps in the name of roundabouts.[/li]
[li]Over a 20 kilometer stretch of the road, which is still unfinished as we speak, LCC has mounted THREE toll plazas. Only one of the plazas is functional at the moment, the other two should be functional within 2012.[/li]
[li]One directional trip for a sedan car will cost N120 (one hundred and twenty naira). Twenty bucks more than the traditional National toll of N100. When the three tolls start working, a family sedan will pay N360 to go to work, and same to return, for those who start from the end of this 20 km stretch[/li]
[li]The quality of this road is questionable, given the many uneven surfaces and acute approach angles to the roundabouts (I still wonder where Tinubu and Fashola's sense of planning where applied in approving roundabouts instead of overpasses. The 3rd roundabout at Mobil Station has already relapsed to congestion because of its strategic location[/li]
[/list]

Now, where in the world is a 20 kilometer stretch tolled 3 times?
Why didn't Lagos Govt. ask LCC to toll only the new lane and leave those who don't want to pay to suffer the congestion?
Why are there no alternative roads all the way?

Please consider these sincerely. I support the notion of tolling in a private-public partnership if this will only involve one toll plaza, but not 3 over a 20 kilometer stretch.

Who is really behind this evil?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by aljharem3: 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
POTUT:

It is VERY UNFORTUNATE that some Nigerians will sit in the US and anywhere else they have been lucky to get asylum to make comments from a pathetic perspective.

[list]
[li]That two-lane 80 plus kilometre stretch from Mobil Building to Epe existed as at the time of Jakande in the early 80s.[/li]
[li]As the decades came, population grew and that whole stretch grew into a dense residential area with estates sprouting on both sides of the stretch and a few businesses (relative to residences).[/li]
[list]
[li]Congestion on the two-lane road became the order of the day everyday. Danfo drivers and huge construction trucks attending to the Lekki Free Trade Zone made it worse.[/li]
[li]Tinubu borrowed money and awarded the contract to expand the road to LCC (a company many still believe he has stakes in.)[/li]
[li]LCC added only one more lane to the existing road, repaved the existing two lanes and built horrendous death traps in the name of roundabouts.[/li]
[li]Over a 20 kilometer stretch of the road, which is still unfinished as we speak, LCC has mounted THREE toll plazas. Only one of the plazas is functional at the moment, the other two should be functional within 2012.[/li]
[li]One directional trip for a sedan car will cost N120 (one hundred and twenty naira). Twenty bucks more than the traditional National toll of N100. When the three tolls start working, a family sedan will pay N360 to go to work, and same to return, for those who start from the end of this 20 km stretch[/li]
[li]The quality of this road is questionable, given the many uneven surfaces and acute approach angles to the roundabouts (I still wonder where Tinubu and Fashola's sense of planning where applied in approving roundabouts instead of overpasses. The 3rd roundabout at Mobil Station has already relapsed to congestion because of its strategic location[/li]
[/list]

Why didn't Lagos Govt. ask LCC to toll only the new lane and leave those who don't want to pay to suffer the congestion?

Please consider these sincerely. I support the notion of tolling in a private-public partnership if this will only involve one toll plaza, but not 3 over a 20 kilometer stretch.

+10
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 11:57pm On Dec 12, 2011
POTUT:

[list]
[list]
[/list]

Why bore us with the same irrelevant rubbish?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by phantom(m): 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2011
@potut, my brother this is daylight robbery and they re to blind to see it,
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by aljharem3: 12:00am On Dec 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ this olodo,  Shey na free den build the road?

Btw, didn't I tell this clown to go worry about his village with his useless Isi ewu  big bele governors?.

dudeee haba !!!!!!

the people of lagos pay taxes

companies pay tax

imported good state tax is taken

the FG gives Lagos state money

Lagos state generates it's own money from state university (which is going to be increased btw), etc

What other money does Lagos state want ?

The roads he is building are not for free but Lagosian money also is not for free, so what are your on about

3 toll gates shocked with 20 kilometers shocked why ? unless he wants to pocket some.

I hope you can beg fashola for us to pls rethink that toll gate issue.

thanks
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 12:00am On Dec 13, 2011
POTUT:

It is VERY UNFORTUNATE that some Nigerians will sit in the US and anywhere else they have been lucky to get asylum to make comments from a pathetic perspective.Here are the FACTS for you diasporans to digest before running off your mouths,

the facts mean shyte to me as far as i am concerned. one of the reasons nigeria is so shyte is the irresponsibility of the citizens.
i am used to getting taxed and enjoying the benefits on the roads, electricity, hospitals and other basic amenities. i see no reason why the same methods cannot apply back home.

[list]
[list]
[/list]

all these points are barking without biting.
your state government has asked you to pay. pay up or shut up.
lagos motorists don't pay road-tax, do they? and you are complaining?

toll the new lane? who would use a tolled lane when there's a free lane?
what a spastic idea!!! grin grin grin grin grin

they have to start somewhere. . . . . . .
in no time, 3 toll plazas would reduce to 2 and eventually, 2 would reduce to one.
it's for the greater good. endure the pain now so your children would enjoy the benefits later.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by aljharem3: 12:07am On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

the facts mean shyte to me as far as i am concerned. one of the reasons nigeria is so shyte is the irresponsibility of the citizens.
i am used to getting taxed and enjoying the benefits on the roads, electricity, hospitals and other basic amenities. i see no reason why the same methods cannot apply back home.

do you get 3 toll gates within a space of 20 kilometre abroad on a popular district ?

coogar:

all these points are barking without biting.
your state government has asked you to pay. pay up or shut up.
lagos motorists don't pay road-tax, do they? and you are complaining?

Why should lagos motorist pay tax when they are already taxed at work ? You care to answer

coogar:

toll the new lane? who would use a tolled lane when there's a free lane?
what a spastic idea!!! grin grin grin grin grin

they have to start somewhere. . . . . . .
in no time, 3 toll plazas would reduce to 2 and eventually, 2 would reduce to one.
it's for the greater good. endure the pain now so your children would enjoy the benefits later.

what greater good ?

what of the state generating more money from toll gates at the broader of the state rather than in the state ?

angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down / Court Blasts EFCC, Orders Immediate Release Of Dasuki’s Ex-aide / Musiliu Obanikoro Officially Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.