Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters (20008 Views)

Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Dec 13, 2011
You have been told that roads are LUXURIES to tax-payers and that Facts mean SHYTE . . . . what sense do you expect to come out of the same portal after that ??
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by nkilirox(f): 12:10am On Dec 13, 2011
The sad thing is that people whose roads aren't improved at all will have to still pay for all the toll gates, like those in Sangotedo and beyond. They're not getting additional lanes or the fancy water fountain, nor are they getting everything in their communities that will decrease their need to go into the rest of Lagos. I mean why not put in all the alternatives into place first before charging?  Unfortunately the "alternate routes" do not really count, that short cut through Oniru can barely withstand the traffic from the residents, by the time it sees its traffic triple or quadruple over night, you're going to have bigger potholes, an increase in crime and unbelievable traffic.  The actual alternate route for the first roundabout is the Lekki - Ikoyi  bridge, that is not yet completed.  Lets be honest, most Lagosians know that this toll is actually just going to line the pockets of BAT and his well placed people. This is not about loans or financing, its about greed. Based on the numbers already given by LCC, we already know that a concession (if needed) is not needed for more than 10years to adequately cover the cost of the loan, which taxpayers have already paid for,
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 12:22am On Dec 13, 2011
alj_harem:

do you get 3 toll gates within a space of 20 kilometre abroad on a popular district ?

i don't. . . . .but at the same time every working citizen pays taxes. no ghost worker scheme to short-change the government.
on top of that, motorists pay road-tax and they sometimes pay @ toll-plazas if they use their roads.

Why should lagos motorist pay tax when they are already taxed at work ? You care to answer

the tax you pay at work is quite different from road tax.
you pay road tax for using good roads devoid of pot-holes, poor visibility, hoodlums and lighting.

what greater good ?

no more death-traps.
less visits to your mechanic.
reduced crime rate on our roads
proper lighting for good visibility at nights
proper maintenance of that road by lcc.
less traffic &less time of travel.

what of the state generating more money from toll gates at the broader of the state rather than in the state ?

at the border, you mean?
of what good is that one? the lagos toll-gate was eventually removed after it failed to serve it's purpose.
lekki/eti-osa environs represent the elite in lagos. it's probably the most congested strip in the whole of west africa.

let it serve as the 1st experiment, if it works there then toll plazas would spread across the state.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by POTUT(m): 12:27am On Dec 13, 2011
@coogar,

Okay, you are not in touch with reality. I clearly understand.

You are used to getting taxed and enjoying all those amenities you mentioned. Have you asked if Nigerians and Lagosians in particular who are also taxed (Lagos rakes in the highest PAYE in Nigeria) are enjoying those same amenities? They answer is 'no', they aren't enjoying those amenities. You see how out of touch you are? We all want to enjoy amenities here in Nigeria and get taxed, not get taxed and enjoy nothing.

they have to start somewhere. . . . . . .
in no time, 3 toll plazas would reduce to 2 and eventually, 2 would reduce to one.
it's for the greater good. endure the pain now so your children would enjoy the benefits later.

There has never been a plan to reduce the number of toll plazas. Where are you conjuring that from? You are clearly not being real.

toll the new lane? who would use a tolled lane when there's a free lane?
what a spastic idea!!!    

How is this spastic? What was the purpose of repaving 2 lanes and adding a third? Was it not to ease congestion? So why do you think some citizens wouldn't want to avoid congestion by getting on the tolled lane?

all these points are barking without biting.
your state government has asked you to pay. pay up or shut up.
lagos motorists don't pay road-tax, do they? and you are complaining?

So anything government asks us to do is right and we must do it? Even when it can't stand reason?

Are you really in control of yourself? Or your runaway asylum mentality is?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 12:33am On Dec 13, 2011
Iragbiji-Ile, I see you've created the "coogar" handle for the purpose of this thread.

You, your bosses, your miserable multiple identities and your fellow minions of the bourdillon god will weep come sunday, if you lot go ahead and try to collect tolls on that road. You want to really test the will of the people? You sure about it?

You've been rigging elections since 1999, and nobody has contested them with you lot, but the end of apathy is what will come on Sunday.

Lagosians will want to know who Bola Ahmed Tinubu really is. Is he really Bola Ahmed Tinubu, or the bastard son of a housemaid, who stole the name of a prominent family in Lagos, after living off the streets of Ibadan for years, cutting a career for himself as a master forger of documents and an indian hemp dealer?

Is his name really Bola Ahmed Tinubu, or Yekini Amoda Ogunlere? Is he really a CPA, or did he just forge that certificate too, using the only special skill he really has?

Where was he between 1982 and 1989? Was he really studying as he claims, or was he in jail for dealing in narcotics in the United States?

Who really is the owner of ARM? Who funded the management buy-out (MBO) of that firm from its parent company, Guaranty Trust Bank?

Who is the real owner of Hitech Construction? Is it really only the Chaghoury brothers or do they have a partner in the entity known as Bola Ahmed Tinubu/Yekini Amoda Ogunlere?

Does Eko Hotel belong only to the Chaghourys only or is Bola Tinubu now a partner in that business too? What happened to the shares of Lagos State left in that hotel after Abacha sold some equity in it to the Chaghourys?

Who is the owner of the Golf Resort at Lekki Village in Ibeju-Lekki LGA? Is it Lagos State Government, or Bola Ahmed Tinubu, either directly or through proxies?

Who is the owner of Lekki-Epe Expressway Concession? Is it Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the same governor who signed an agreement with LCC, or is LCC not affiliated to Bola Ahmed Tinubu?

Why are there no alternative routes provided? Is it true that the Concession Agreement expressly forbids the provision of any alternative routes except by air into Lekki Peninsula for the next 30 years?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by POTUT(m): 12:35am On Dec 13, 2011
@coogar,

at the border, you mean?
of what good is that one? the lagos toll-gate was eventually removed after it failed to serve it's purpose.
lekki/eti-osa environs represent the elite in lagos. it's probably the most congested strip in the whole of west africa.

let it serve as the 1st experiment, if it works there then toll plazas would spread across the state.

Again, how removed you are from reality? How does Lekki/Eti-Osa represent the elite in Lagos? You can only handpick Ikoyi, VGC, NICON/Chevron Employees Estate and Northern Foreshore (in which for every occupied property, there are at least 2 empty ones) as the residents of the elite. Contrast that with the hundreds of smaller estates populated by everyday lagosians in Ajah and beyond. I live in Ajah and I pay 500k p/a for a normal 3 bedroom apartment. I am not elite by those standards and you will find thousands of households like mine all over this place. We come out for monthly estate meetings so we know ourselves.

Update yourself, it will only cost you regular communication with anyone you left back here.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 12:41am On Dec 13, 2011
POTUT:

@coogar,

Okay, you are not in touch with reality. I clearly understand.

You are used to getting taxed and enjoying all those amenities you mentioned. Have you asked if Nigerians and Lagosians in particular who are also taxed (Lagos rakes in the highest PAYE in Nigeria) are enjoying those same amenities? They answer is 'no', they aren't enjoying those amenities. You see how out of touch you are? We all want to enjoy amenities here in Nigeria and get taxed, not get taxed and enjoy nothing.

lagos rakes in the highest PAYE in nigeria and they are also the most populated(always remember the population in your assessment). it's the single most important factor in lagos as the amenities and resources cannot cope with the 15 million population. the number of heads in lagos alone is more than the population of 3 west african countries put together. if you want improvement in the basic amenities - taxes have to be introduced.

back to the PAYE issue you mentioned. i don't see how the government can provide the amenities you so crave when the workers fleece the government with "ghost workers". in my opinion, it's the government paying taxes to these unscrupulous people who milk the government dry. who are the people creating ghost workers? every year, the government finds out there thousands of ghost workers collecting salaries for x number of years. do you know the implication of that?

There has never been a plan to reduce the number of toll plazas. Where are you conjuring that from? You are clearly not being real.

between lagos and ibadan back in the days, there were 3 toll plazas. later it was reduced to 2.
is that reduction or increase?

How is this spastic? What was the purpose of repaving 2 lanes and adding a third? Was it not to ease congestion? So why do you think some citizens wouldn't want to avoid congestion by getting on the tolled lane?

they wouldn't want to avoid the congestion now because they would pay for it. nigerians don't like paying any extra especially when they know there's an alternative route free of charge. it won't worth their while to pay.
besides what happens on the day there's no congestion on the repaved 2 lanes? the tolled lane then becomes useless, won't it? then the purpose of setting a toll plaza would have been defeated.

can you now see how spastic the idea is?

So anything government asks us to do is right and we must do it? Even when it can't stand reason?

you have not been doing it for 51 good years - see how the rebellion has turned nigeria to abu dhabi
nigeria: the best country to live on the whole planet. grin

Are you really in control of yourself? Or your runaway asylum mentality is?

irrelevant questions to the topic of discussion.

you have a duty to be responsible and forge a better future for the coming generation.
this is your chance to contribute your quota otherwise posterity would judge you.
you are where you are presently because the previous generation did nothing. don't follow suit!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 12:42am On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

all these points are barking without biting.
your state government has asked you to pay. pay up or shut up.
lagos motorists don't pay road-tax, do they? and you are complaining?

What kind of a half-wit is this one? Were so pa e ri ni? Do you not realise that the annual "vehicle licence fees" we pay in Nigeria amounts to a road tax? How many brain cells do you have left, having lost the rest to the Fashola and Tinubu fecal matter you keep sucking into that vacant skull of yours?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by haven2010: 12:44am On Dec 13, 2011
I live in Lekki Phase 1. i had to do the maths to fully get the picture
i drive a toyota corrola. this entitles me to the cheapest toll by ecard of 108/trip
1day= 108*2
1week=1,512.00
1month=6,048.12
12months=72,576.00
360months=2,177,289.00
this is assuming i ply the rolad twice daily for 7days, there is no inflation, the price is not increased and the world remains the same. unless of course the accountants in the forum can start discounting

so lets multiply this by the number of residents in Lekki Phase 1 alone. Can you imagine what this cost will be for those who live three toll gates away?

what are the alternative roads? is there any functional and motorable road after Oniru estate?  How many BRT buses ply the road?

even though i believe we may need to pay tolls, this cost is way too high for the thirty year period. from where i sit, traffic will still be pretty bad around the toll areas abi where am i gonna get change of N8.00 from every morning and evening i pass by the toll gate? three tolls is even an extreme!

I also hope there would be tolls imposed on the Orile/Badagry stretch they are working on? how about extending the apapa oshodi road and adding tolls as well?

BRF fall my hand on this one sha,
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 12:46am On Dec 13, 2011
djustice:

What kind of a half-wit is this one? Were so pa e ri ni? Do you not realise that the annual "vehicle licence fees" we pay in Nigeria amounts to a road tax? How many brain cells do you have left, having lost the rest to the Fashola and Tinubu fecal matter you keep sucking into that vacant skull of yours?

you are a disgrace to the recipient of your y-chromosomes.
annual vehicle license fees is not road tax, you slowpoke! i see you need exposure, you homoerotic nuisance!
don't pay and get cuffed - you spastic donkey!

POTUT:

@coogar,

Again, how removed you are from reality? How does Lekki/Eti-Osa represent the elite in Lagos? You can only handpick Ikoyi, VGC, NICON/Chevron Employees Estate and Northern Foreshore (in which for every occupied property, there are at least 2 empty ones) as the residents of the elite. Contrast that with the hundreds of smaller estates populated by everyday lagosians in Ajah and beyond. I live in Ajah and I pay 500k p/a for a normal 3 bedroom apartment. I am not elite by those standards and you will find thousands of households like mine all over this place. We come out for monthly estate meetings so we know ourselves.

Update yourself, it will only cost you regular communication with anyone you left back here.

the residents of this area is where you would find 90% of the richest people in lagos.
of course, you guys should be paying more taxes!

get on with it and stop complaining.
if you cannot cope, relocate to another part in lagos.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 12:47am On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

lagos rakes in the highest PAYE in nigeria and they are also the most populated(always remember the population in your assessment). it's the single most important factor in lagos as the amenities and resources cannot cope with the 15 million population. the number of heads in lagos alone is more than the population of 3 west african countries put together. if you want improvement in the basic amenities - taxes have to be introduced.

back to the PAYE issue you mentioned. i don't see how the government can provide the amenities you so crave when the workers fleece the government with "ghost workers". in my opinion, it's the government paying taxes to these unscrupulous people who milk the government dry. who are the people creating ghost workers? every year, the government finds out there thousands of ghost workers collecting salaries for x number of years. do you know the implication of that?

between lagos and ibadan back in the days, there were 3 toll plazas. later it was reduced to 2.
is that reduction or increase?

they wouldn't want to avoid the congestion now because they would pay for it. nigerians don't like paying any extra especially when they know there's an alternative route free of charge. it won't worth their while to pay.
besides what happens on the day there's no congestion on the repaved 2 lanes? the tolled lane then becomes useless, won't it? then the purpose of setting a toll plaza would have been defeated.

can you now see how spastic the idea is?

you have not been doing it for 51 good years - see how the rebellion has turned nigeria to abu dhabi
nigeria: the best country to live on the whole planet. grin

irrelevant questions to the topic of discussion.

you have a duty to be responsible and forge a better future for the coming generation.
this is your chance to contribute your quota hence posterity would judge you.
you are where you are presently because the previous generation did nothing. don't follow suit!

Won pe l'ole, oun gbe omo eran jo!

He who said you're not in touch with reality was spot-on. You're living in cloud-cuckoo land, and your logic is just, well, spastic, since you first used the word.

You really are a buffoon for defining our "contributing our quota" as paying our hard-earned money to your drug-addled, frog-eyed god. Instead of sitting in the negative equity heaven you're in now, why don't you come to Lekki and come and spew this rubbish to our faces. Oloriburuku.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 12:49am On Dec 13, 2011
djustice:

Won pe l'ole, oun gbe omo eran jo!

He who said you're not in touch with reality was spot-on. You're living in cloud-cuckoo land, and your logic is just, well, spastic, since you first used the word.

You really are a buffoon for defining our "contributing our quota" as paying our hard-earned money to your drug-addled, frog-eyed god. Instead of sitting in the negative equity heaven you're in now, why don't you come to Lekki and come and spew this rubbish to our faces. Oloriburuku.

since i dunno what that means. . . . . .i'll simply redirect it back to the all the folks older than you in your family tree.
let each member get 3 folds of those words, you obnoxious swine!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by EkoIle1: 12:52am On Dec 13, 2011
djustice:

Oponu aiyerada, vehicle license is a form of tax?,

How d.umb can you be ?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by karlmax2: 12:53am On Dec 13, 2011

Djustice don't waste ur Time on foolga sorry cooga, Come 18 he should come and test the will of the people if he won't loose that empty skull of his
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 12:55am On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

you are a disgrace to the recipient of your y-chromosomes.
annual vehicle license fees is not road tax, you slowpoke! i see you need exposure, you homoerotic nuisance!
don't pay and get cuffed - you spastic donkey!

the residents of this area is where you would find 90% of the richest people in lagos.
of course, you guys should be paying more taxes!

get on with it and stop complaining.
if you cannot cope, relocate to another part in lagos.

I apologise to all half-wits everywhere. You're way worse than a half-wit. If the exposure you refer to is the type that makes you type the asinine crap you're posting up here as reasoned opinion, then you can keep it, thanks. Homo-erotic is another word you've just learnt, abi? You keep that sh1t in your equity dead-end, and if your bastard boss doesn't cuff me when I don't pay, you come and do it yourself, you sodding special needs person.

We know your type. That envy with which you're looking at those of us living in Lekki is what will eventually kill you. We didn't get rich by being lazy spongers like you, looking to sponge off our wealth with the prison gates you've built. This rubbish you're typing here is just making matters worse. You're simply pissing us off, and you and your bosses don't want us properly pissed off, trust me.

When the wahala starts, we will not stop until we've kicked you all out of Lagos and recovered ALL the money and resources you've stolen from us. I used to pity Fashola. No more. He's now the enemy, and it's a fight to the finish. Awon were akotileta omo.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 12:58am On Dec 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

Oponu aiyerada, vehicle license is a form of tax?,

How d.umb can you be ?

It's really not possible for any human being to be this vacant in the head, is it? The money is collected annually. Reviewed every now and again, on vehicles for which we've already paid. What might it be, pray, if not a form of tax?

Oriburuku ti ba iwo ati gbogbo iran e lati eni lo. Oo ni se orire. O ma taraka danu ni, ati iwo, ati gbogbo iran e, ni Oruko Nlaa Jesu! Amin!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 1:03am On Dec 13, 2011
djustice:

I apologise to all half-wits everywhere. You're way worse than a half-wit. If the exposure you refer to is the type that makes you type the asinine crap you're posting up here as reasoned opinion, then you can keep it, thanks. Homo-Intimate is another word you've just learnt, abi? You keep that sh1t in your equity dead-end, and if your bastard boss doesn't cuff me when I don't pay, you come and do it yourself, you sodding special needs person.

i am sure i have seen more intelligent silverback apes @ chester zoo. any tool that can open his mouth and say road-tax is the same as vehicle license should be put against the wall and shot dead. i really don't blame you - i blame the recipient of your y-chromosomes for not using it as listerine. you indolent twit.

We know your type. That envy with which you're looking at those of us living in Lekki is what will eventually kill you. We didn't get rich by being lazy spongers like you, looking to sponge off our wealth with the prison gates you've built. This rubbish you're typing here is just making matters worse. You're simply pissing us off, and you and your bosses don't want us properly pissed off, trust me.

you and lekki can go f@ck yourselves.  who gives a damn about what you do @ flood-ridden lekki?
may amadioha kindly impregnate you with a dozen albino midgets.
stark illiterate! road tax = vehicle license. grin grin grin

When the wahala starts, we will not stop until we've kicked you all out of Lagos and recovered ALL the money and resources you've stolen from us. I used to pity Fashola. No more. He's now the enemy, and it's a fight to the finish. Awon were akotileta omo.

you are barking on the internet. go to alausa and protest. obnoxious coward!
if there's anything resembling hell in the after life, i have no doubt you'd be sucking satan's scrotum while being fisted by goblins.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by djustice: 1:23am On Dec 13, 2011
Let me ask you this, you blithering eediort: Do you pay vehicle license fees annually in the UK, or Road Tax? Just because the nomenclature is different over here, you cannot wrap your mono-cellular brain around the fact that they are one and the same, just differently named?

Your ability to insult is quite quaint, actually. I've met tramps who can do better than you. From your language, you've really taken well to English climes. Don't worry, they'll soon wake up to the kind of beast of no nation you really are and kick you out of their country.

If you weren't so envious of Lekki residents, why would you want us to pay tolls and no other residents of Lagos, and come out with unintelligent statements, all drooling with saliva, like "Lekki is where 90% of the wealthiest Lagosians live, so they must pay tolls". The ones that live in VI and Ikoyi nko? They have two heads, abi?

Look, you this fuc-k-faced baboon, get on with your slave life, and leave us who you come and pick up at Heathrow in your illegal taxi to deal with matters above your station.

You think everyone here is like you, going to queue quietly for your salary at the end of the month? We're high rollers around here, and we pay our taxes. Big time. We just don't think it's fair that we should get nothing for our huge taxes and still get asked to pay for driving on a road that we already paid for. If you're that stupid, we're not.

Your stupidity is sometimes amusing. The toll plaza is here in Lekki, you're telling us to go and do aluta at Alausa. What kind of people do you take us for? Let those who want to collect the tolls protest here in Lekki when we don't pay, because that's the worst they can do. They can't arrest anyone, or assault anyone, for asserting their right to freedom of movement, especially when such person is a taxpayer.

Nobody has bought their stupid tags yet, and nobody will. No one, I repeat, no one, will pay any tolls on that road. Let them come and arrest every Lekki resident if they can. If they touch just one person, they will know that khaki and leather are not the same material. Tolls ko, kpos ni!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by aribisala0(m): 1:36am On Dec 13, 2011
In the United Kingdom owners are required to pay Vehicle Excise Duty, commonly known as "car tax", "vehicle tax" or "road tax", which is paid to the government for a vehicle licence, which must be displayed on most motor vehicles used on public roads.[7] Since 1937 there has been no direct relationship between the tax and government expenditure on public roads. The registered keeper of a vehicle that is not used or kept on public roads must complete a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_licence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_tax
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 1:38am On Dec 13, 2011
djustice:

Let me ask you this, you blithering eediort: Do you pay vehicle license fees annually in the UK, or Road Tax? Just because the nomenclature is different over here, you cannot wrap your mono-cellular brain around the fact that they are one and the same, just differently named?

i can see you are intellectually sterile. and yet the social reprobate argues further that vehicle license is the same as road tax!
i would let you stew in your ignorance before i tell you difference.

Your ability to insult is quite quaint, actually. I've met tramps who can do better than you. From your language, you've really taken well to English climes. Don't worry, they'll soon wake up to the kind of beast of no nation you really are and kick you out of their country.

this vagrant is intellectually-challenged.
so this is what you can come up with? you meet tramps?
you are a boil on the arse of humanity.

If you weren't so envious of Lekki residents, why would you want us to pay tolls and no other residents of Lagos, and come out with unintelligent statements, all drooling with saliva, like "Lekki is where 90% of the wealthiest Lagosians live, so they must pay tolls". The ones that live in VI and Ikoyi nko? They have two heads, abi?

your attention span is shorter than a congolese midget.
read clearly with your blood-shot eyes now and check if ikoyi wasn't mentioned as the area affected.
do you even read before you post or you are just too eager to exude your brain-farts.
what a simpleton!

Look, you this fuc-k-faced baboon, get on with your slave life, and leave us who you come and pick up at Heathrow in your illegal taxi to deal with matters above your station.

matters above my station and yet you have not contributed any meaningful contribution on this topic apart from rabid barks and hollow soundbite.

You think everyone here is like you, going to queue quietly for your salary at the end of the month? We're high rollers around here, and we pay our taxes. Big time. We just don't think it's fair that we should get nothing for our huge taxes and still get asked to pay for driving on a road that we already paid for. If you're that silly, we're not.

high-rollers don't complain when taxed. this proves you are probably a worker of menial jobs in lekki environs.
probably a security guard or a washman trying to prove unfounded wealth.

in that vein, you have absolutely nothing of value to add to the discussion except ad hominem sniping.

Your stupidity is sometimes amusing. The toll plaza is here in Lekki, you're telling us to go and do aluta at Alausa. What kind of people do you take us for? Let those who want to collect the tolls protest here in Lekki when we don't pay, because that's the worst they can do. They can't arrest anyone, or assault anyone, for asserting their right to freedom of movement, especially when such person is a taxpayer.

go and protest to the state governor - the commander of the state government. the local government did not make this decision. the state governor did. go and protest where you would be heard and seen. that's not too much to ask from a coward like you. look at him talking as if he's relevant in lagos state. a simple investigation would soon reveal him as a common houseboy using the computer of his master.

Nobody has bought their silly tags yet, and nobody will. No one, I repeat, no one, will pay any tolls on that road. Let them come and arrest every Lekki resident if they can. If they touch just one person, they will know that khaki and leather are not the same material. Tolls ko, kpos ni!

hypocritical fuckwit!
all you can do is bark without biting. you would pay at the poll and there's nothing you or any of your ancestors can do about it.
if lekki is too hot for you to stay, go back to your village. lagos state in it's entirety would be very happy to lose you and your deranged ideas.
we actually need citizens who contribute their quota to beautify lagos state not tight-fisted bastardos like yourself who would not recognize state governance if pasted on your face!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by coogar: 1:52am On Dec 13, 2011
aribisala0:

In the United Kingdom owners are required to pay Vehicle Excise Duty, commonly known as "car tax", "vehicle tax" or "road tax", which is paid to the government for a vehicle licence, which must be displayed on most motor vehicles used on public roads.[7] Since 1937 there has been no direct relationship between the tax and government expenditure on public roads. The registered keeper of a vehicle that is not used or kept on public roads must complete a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_licence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_tax

i hate you so much right now.

you should be getting paid for educating stark illiterates like djustice!
i really wanted him to dig himself a grave before burying him forever.

these half-baked graduates are the worst to deal with. they know nothing and yet they claim they know all.
he's just added to the growing number of the intellectually-challenged herbivores of this forum!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by aribisala0(m): 1:54am On Dec 13, 2011
i don't know book
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by peckhamboi: 2:47am On Dec 13, 2011
djustice:

Iragbiji-Ile, I see you've created the "coogar" handle for the purpose of this thread.

You, your bosses, your miserable multiple identities and your fellow minions of the bourdillon god will weep come sunday, if you lot go ahead and try to collect tolls on that road. You want to really test the will of the people? You sure about it?

You've been rigging elections since 1999, and nobody has contested them with you lot, but the end of apathy is what will come on Sunday.

Lagosians will want to know who Bola Ahmed Tinubu really is. Is he really Bola Ahmed Tinubu, or the bastard son of a housemaid, who stole the name of a prominent family in Lagos, after living off the streets of Ibadan for years, cutting a career for himself as a master forger of documents and an indian hemp dealer?

Is his name really Bola Ahmed Tinubu, or Yekini Amoda Ogunlere? Is he really a CPA, or did he just forge that certificate too, using the only special skill he really has?

Where was he between 1982 and 1989? Was he really studying as he claims, or was he in jail for dealing in narcotics in the United States?

Who really is the owner of ARM? Who funded the management buy-out (MBO) of that firm from its parent company, Guaranty Trust Bank?

Who is the real owner of Hitech Construction? Is it really only the Chaghoury brothers or do they have a partner in the entity known as Bola Ahmed Tinubu/Yekini Amoda Ogunlere?

Does Eko Hotel belong only to the Chaghourys only or is Bola Tinubu now a partner in that business too? What happened to the shares of Lagos State left in that hotel after Abacha sold some equity in it to the Chaghourys?

Who is the owner of the Golf Resort at Lekki Village in Ibeju-Lekki LGA? Is it Lagos State Government, or Bola Ahmed Tinubu, either directly or through proxies?

Who is the owner of Lekki-Epe Expressway Concession? Is it Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the same governor who signed an agreement with LCC, or is LCC not affiliated to Bola Ahmed Tinubu?

Why are there no alternative routes provided? Is it true that the Concession Agreement expressly forbids the provision of any alternative routes except by air into Lekki Peninsula for the next 30 years?

So you have all these FACTS on Tinubu, what kind of citizen are you? Please inform EFCC as soon as possible. info@efcc.com. grin grin grin grin grin

@OP The tolls are here to stay, governments are not magicians, the money has to come from somewhere.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by babestella: 3:04am On Dec 13, 2011
It baffles me every time our leaders come out with phony projects in the name of improving our lives, I really wonder what kind of brains they have and where exactly the brains are located in their physiology. Does Lagos state govt think we can be fooled all the time,? does it think that Nigerians have not evolved? for Christ sake, enough is enough in the country. Our leaders have so messed up this country just because of greed. How can Lagos state govt build a road on lekki axis and toll it? What is the justification behind the dumb thinking? are there no good roads in VI, Ikoyi etc? Why Lekki. The problems of this our dear country are quite enormous and our leaders don't care, never. They get there and they think we are all fools. Imagine our dear president on one side, Fashola on one side, Peter Obi is doing his own on one side in Anambra, T. A. Orji has turned Abia state to a family bakery/winery, the list is endless, and here we are in Lagos, with all the double taxation. This state generated more income that any state in Nigeria most of which are illegal. They employ all manner of tact and tugs/hoodlums in suit to extort money from residents. Alh. Lateef Jakande did that road without asking for a dime, at his time, how many lagosians/Nigerians were paying their taxes? Yet he did it. Can you imagine how much Lagos generates every month from multinationals, banks, industries, poor market women, transports, okada riders etc plus federal allocation?

I see a lot of government house boys coming to NL to respond to comments; I sense that they are just want to show their oga that they are working, pls NL is not a place for you to do that. Let me tell all those who think that Lagos is doing the resident of lekki a favour, they are actually pulling a long string and without knowing what is actually attached to the end of the string. This is big fraud. Nigeria is not a country where debts are fully serviced, if we allow them, our children and their future generation will never finish paying. The Lekki Toll gates should be burnt down in this next protest, what are we waiting for, it is time we take action, if they want to kill us all, let them go ahead, it is because it is still there, that is why someone could sit in the comfort of his home to think that he has done lagosians a favor by building roads and tolling it. When Lasu/Iba road was completed, any toll there? NO, why, are we not all paying our taxes, as a matter of fact how many people who live on that axis pay their taxes, why toll on Lekki roads.

Lagos state does not belong to one man, no matter who you are or your status, you cannot be bigger than the people, we have seen live instances from Egypt, Libya, and currently Syria, Yemen, Pakistan. Our leaders need to have a rethink, if they cannot run this nation, let them resign. The worst is that when it is very glaring that our leaders have failed in their responsibility, that is when they sit tight, when they should have resigned honorably. But here, they develop "agidi spirit" I must rule by force, it must be by force. na me sabi pass all of una. It is such a shame, FYI (@ Coogar, I see you are a big disgrace to the generation of people who want changes in the way things are done in this nation. I sense you are just a dumb house boy to either Tinubu or Fashola, keep it up, your meal ticket will soon be doubled OK) Your thinking is myopic and laughable. I imagine if you ever know what it takes to pay tax and not get value.

See, this is why we cannot move forward, when 99% of intellectually sound citizens are saying something is wrong, then just one mad man who feeds of the crumbs that falls of his masters table says it is right, then there is problem. If you put him in government tomorrow, he will do worst than his master, probably put a stopper to the air we breath and ask all to pay tolls. The roads built with our taxes, we are again asked to pay for using it, no good water, no electricity. no security, no education for the poor, no job for our graduates because industries are not there to employ, few spaces are reserved for those who have connection. If our leaders are myopic in their sense of leadership and lack the will and capacity to take us to the next level, why can’t they leave us alone?. Is it by force? You don’t come on TV to show us that you are building roads for us, if you are not building roads, hospitals, schools, etc, then what are you doing in government, why are you there. It is the responsibility of government to provide infrastructure as far as taxes are being paid. Haba, please if we don’t know where we are going, we should know where we are or where we are coming from. Why is it that everyone wants to rule in Nigeria like it is his private or family property?

I tire, but I know that the end is in sight, we are not losing hope, when the time comes, we shall all rise and defend our rights legally or otherwise. As for GEJ, we are waiting for January. He came and told Nigerians I quote “I didn’t have shoes when he want to school” Right now, how many students has he provided with shoes and books, how many? Directly or indirectly, rather he is formulating more hardship on the parents so that by the time they buy fuel, pay tolls on highways, eat cassava bread, etc with their meager miserable 18K minimum wage, they all go home with polythene bags with which to pack their ragged clothing.

May God help us, give is the courage, strength and the will to fight this evil menace that has overtaken this Nation, that has driven this great nation into the dark hole.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by jason123: 3:11am On Dec 13, 2011
babestella:

It baffles me every time our leaders come out with phony projects in the name of improving our lives, I really wonder what kind of brains they have and where exactly the brains are located in their physiology. Does Lagos state govt think we can be fooled all the time,? does it think that Nigerians have not evolved? for Christ sake, enough is enough in the country. Our leaders have so messed up this country just because of greed. How can Lagos state govt build a road on lekki axis and toll it? What is the justification behind the dumb thinking? are there no good roads in VI, Ikoyi etc? Why Lekki. The problems of this our dear country are quite enormous and our leaders don't care, never. They get there and they think we are all fools. Imagine our dear president on one side, Fashola on one side, Peter Obi is doing his own on one side in Anambra, T. A. Orji has turned Abia state to a family bakery/winery, the list is endless, and here we are in Lagos, with all the double taxation. This state generated more income that any state in Nigeria most of which are illegal. They employ all manner of tact and tugs/hoodlums in suit to extort money from residents. Alh. Lateef Jakande did that road without asking for a dime, at his time, how many lagosians/Nigerians were paying their taxes? Yet he did it. Can you imagine how much Lagos generates every month from multinationals, banks, industries, poor market women, transports, okada riders etc plus federal allocation?

I see a lot of government house boys coming to NL to respond to comments; I sense that they are just want to show their oga that they are working, pls NL is not a place for you to do that. Let me tell all those who think that Lagos is doing the resident of lekki a favour, they are actually pulling a long string and without knowing what is actually attached to the end of the string. This is big fraud. Nigeria is not a country where debts are fully serviced, if we allow them, our children and their future generation will never finish paying. The Lekki Toll gates should be burnt down in this next protest, what are we waiting for, it is time we take action, if they want to kill us all, let them go ahead, it is because it is still there, that is why someone could sit in the comfort of his home to think that he has done lagosians a favor by building roads and tolling it. When Lasu/Iba road was completed, any toll there? NO, why, are we not all paying our taxes, as a matter of fact how many people who live on that axis pay their taxes, why toll on Lekki roads.

Lagos state does not belong to one man, no matter who you are or your status, you cannot be bigger than the people, we have seen live instances from Egypt, Libya, and currently Syria, Yemen, Pakistan. Our leaders need to have a rethink, if they cannot run this nation, let them resign. The worst is that when it is very glaring that our leaders have failed in their responsibility, that is when they sit tight, when they should have resigned honorably. But here, they develop "agidi spirit" I must rule by force, it must be by force. na me sabi pass all of una. It is such a shame, FYI (@ Coogar, I see you are a big disgrace to the generation of people who want changes in the way things are done in this nation. I sense you are just a dumb house boy to either Tinubu or Fashola, keep it up, your meal ticket will soon be doubled OK) Your thinking is myopic and laughable. I imagine if you ever know what it takes to pay tax and not get value.

See, this is why we cannot move forward, when 99% of intellectually sound citizens are saying something is wrong, then just one mad man who feeds of the crumbs that falls of his masters table says it is right, then there is problem. If you put him in government tomorrow, he will do worst than his master, probably put a stopper to the air we breath and ask all to pay tolls. The roads built with our taxes, we are again asked to pay for using it, no good water, no electricity. no security, no education for the poor, no job for our graduates because industries are not there to employ, few spaces are reserved for those who have connection. If our leaders are myopic in their sense of leadership and lack the will and capacity to take us to the next level, why can’t they leave us alone?. Is it by force? You don’t come on TV to show us that you are building roads for us, if you are not building roads, hospitals, schools, etc, then what are you doing in government, why are you there. It is the responsibility of government to provide infrastructure as far as taxes are being paid. Haba, please if we don’t know where we are going, we should know where we are or where we are coming from. Why is it that everyone wants to rule in Nigeria like it is his private or family property?

I tire, but I know that the end is in sight, we are not losing hope, when the time comes, we shall all rise and defend our rights legally or otherwise. As for GEJ, we are waiting for January. He came and told Nigerians I quote “I didn’t have shoes when he want to school” Right now, how many students has he provided with shoes and books, how many? Directly or indirectly, rather he is formulating more hardship on the parents so that by the time they buy fuel, pay tolls on highways, eat cassava bread, etc with their meager miserable 18K minimum wage, they all go home with polythene bags with which to pack their ragged clothing.

May God help us, give is the courage, strength and the will to fight this evil menace that has overtaken this Nation, that has driven this great nation into the dark hole.

Lovely!
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by phuckNL: 3:27am On Dec 13, 2011
@ Cougar and EKO ILE.

Thunder fire you and your bosses.

The toll is unacceptable. Period.
If they want to alleviate traffic, Build A FRIGGIN new road and TOLL THAT ONE.
If people realise that the new TOLLED road is faster and better for them, they will use it and pay tolls.
You cant force someone to pay tolls. You have to create an alternative. The current alternative that LCC is claiming is a JOKE.
If you want to see what tolling looks like check out the SAM HOUSTON TOLLWAY IN HOUSTON on Youtube. Nobody if forced to use that MAGNIFICENT PIECE OF ARCHITECTURE but people ply it daily. There are alternatives. Thats what you call tolling.
Because say COOGAR don manage collect visa enter Lagos Extension (london) , we no go hear word again. If you want to compare anything come to the UNITED STATES OF MURRRDAFUKN AMERICA and see how they toll. They don't force people to pay tolls except on roads in areas like the penny/New jersey turnpike where the road cuts from state to another.
THE LCC TOLL IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH AND SHOULD BE RESISteD.

iMAGINE IF THEY had built flyovers, completed the entire stretch of the road, maybe, just maybe people woulda bn more sympathetic. They simply DECORATED THE ROAD AND WANT TO COLLECT TOLL FOR THAT.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by SEGAD: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2011
@Coogar I hope all is well, at least we all know that Eko-Ile is Fashola-Tinubu representative on nairaland.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by brainpulse: 9:09am On Dec 13, 2011
You should all know that coogar, eko-ile are one of the touts we have on this electronic media and they will display their myth anytime anyday. They are members of the families in lagos state that tinubu and fashola gives pocket money everymonth ending and you know they dont work, they only smoke and sleep with theirselves.
IF N70,000 is deducted from your salary everymonth as tax from a government that receives billions from federal government as monthly allocaton and generates other revenue from bill boards, market etc. then every man in his right senses and using them right will know that the government is cheating his people in all ways.
If the road was only rehabilitated and tows will be collected for 30 years then the goverment is an armed robber and needs to face firing squad.
We pay for vitually everything and we dont see them at all. My tax ensures that i see good roads, social infastructures, good water, light, security etc, they are not luxuries but part of life just like the air we breathe. It becomes a failure in the part of the government not to provide anything to the people paying tax and not seeing anything after you receive federal allocations.

The federal allocation and tax is then for what if i might ask this question?
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 13, 2011
I think it is wrong to toll a residential especially if there are no alternative routes to their homes,

Seriously people need to stop blindly following government. You can not toll that road unless you provide residential motorists with a free pass membership if they are proven members in that area,

That is, get them to get plate numbers that shows they are residents of the area With a swipe card they use at the toll gates, All these pending the time they provide the alternative route but the tolling will be useless if there are alternative routes so the best thing they do is give the residents the option to get license plate or even a swipe card pass at the toll gate,

I honestly THINK the swipe card pass is best option for the residents. You can even make them pay N1000/month for it (For residents only) That's 12k/year which the Landlords can add to the yearly bill for tenants with cars and if a tenant has more than 1 car, he should simply get to pay 12k for all and not for each.

Seriously if it's hard for the Lagos government to do such, then they aren't doing well at all,
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by emmatok(m): 9:59am On Dec 13, 2011
LOL,

Hear Coogar and EKO ILE saying Lagosians don't pay tax.

In The-same Lagos where you pay for everything and enjoy noting.

What part of the world do you collect TOLLS on uncompleted road.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by Akanbiedu(m): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2011
What El-rufai did in Abuja is what Lagos needs now. But unlike Abuja, Lagos governors are elected. This is why its going to be a bit difficult for Fashola and ACN to go all out on implementing some of these things. A lot of our people are used to the government providing everything for them. Trying to change this mentality abruptly may cost the ACN elections so the approach has to be gradual.

Imagine if Fashola had cleared Oshodi when elections were around the corner? Oshodi looks better today and everybody can see it. In the same manner, people need to use the Lekki road, pay for services rendered and see a proper maintenance culture. Then they would be able to appreciate the idea. In the nearest future, I guess it won't be so difficult to convince them.

Coogar, I think Fashola knows what to do but just being gradual in the process. It takes a lot to change peoples' mentality, that should be obvious by even the comments from so called university graduates on this website. Some of then even live where they pay for almost every public service they get.
Re: Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters by chuksikem(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2011
The tax rate in lagos is stupidly outrageous. angry angry, you see local govt officials billing and harassing danfo and okada drivers every now and then, but no one knows what they do with the huge sum they collect.

from lekki phase one to lakwoe reeks of squalor and poverty, no good govt hospital/school??yet they want to collect toll on the only visible govt amenity on that axis , its really annoying that some people support the govt agenda to enslave us for 30years,

btwn,all those saying eko-ile and coogar are close to fashola and tinubu are so gullible, those guys have never seen or interacted with mere special assistants , they are just making noise on nl, i can bet my last blood on that.

18-12-2011 is the day, lets make it happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed / Peter Obi Left PDP To Avoid "Disgrace" At The PDP Primary Election – Reno Omokri / Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.