Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037161 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 12:43am On Jun 04, 2016
@justwise

Just to thank you that I finally contacted my MP who wrote a letter to the Home office and they responded to him requesting that I resend my financial requirement for them to reconsider their decision so I hope something good comes out of it. I did also appeal and I am waiting as the documents have also been forwarded to the Home office for a review.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:52am On Jun 04, 2016
sister2007:
@Justwise

please just a point of correction that you still get housing and council tax benefit up to a salary of £20000 a year. its not the number of hours you work but the amount of salary you get. I am on a salary of £20000 a year but still get housing benefit because I have two kids and also get working and child tax credits.

secondly I applied for my husband's visa and honestly told them that I receive all of the following benefits and it does not affect your application as long as you earn the income required by law.

Thirdly[b] a lot of people on here seem to believe that when you receive the processed email with a reference number it means you have a visa, and I will say it is not true because my husband had the reference number and his visa was rejected and it took a month before we had the Health Surcharge refunded.[/b]

I am really sorry about your husband....application, stay positive and everything will come as u wish... I really do not believe in the subject email with VAF....too but for the IHS refund i think i do, applicant do get refunded before decision email... there is always an exception in every rule...so yours might be the exception whereby the bank did not process your refunded early into your account.. I have seen about 4 to 5 cases of visa rejected and they were refunded before decision email... even on some other forums... involving other countries.

Most times when IHS refunds money ... it then balls down to the bank to accept and drop the money into your account... again sorry about your application...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 4:36am On Jun 04, 2016
dday101:

You don't need to fill any form again please just take your passport and the letter you received from the home office to the UK embassy and your visa will be issued . You don't need to wait for your partner's passport, just go and subnit your passport and the letter at UK embassy

Yes I need to complete a new form in order for a new GWF number to be generated that will enable them to print my visa

I am required to make a payment for the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS).

But the problem is my husband's passport informations are required to fill in this form. And his passport was expired, so I have to wait an other week, maybe more to get those informations.

Please, what is the limit time between successful appeal and resubmit passport for visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:36am On Jun 04, 2016
sister2007:
@Justwise

please just a point of correction that you still get housing and council tax benefit up to a salary of £20000 a year. its not the number of hours you work but the amount of salary you get. I am on a salary of £20000 a year but still get housing benefit because I have two kids and also get working and child tax credits.

secondly I applied for my husband's visa and honestly told them that I receive all of the following benefits and it does not affect your application as long as you earn the income required by law.

Thirdly a lot of people on here seem to believe that when you receive the processed email with a reference number it means you have a visa, and I will say it is not true because my husband had the reference number and his visa was rejected and it took a month before we had the Health Surcharge refunded.

That few lines I wrote there is just general overview of housing benefit claiming but by no means the whole story.

A lot of things comes into play here...whether you are married and living with partner, number of kids you have, how much you earn, number hours you work(yes it counts), your savings etc.

So you can be working and still claim certain benefits after putting into consideration some disregards

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:38am On Jun 04, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

Just to thank you that I finally contacted my MP who wrote a letter to the Home office and they responded to him requesting that I resend my financial requirement for them to reconsider their decision so I hope something good comes out of it. I did also appeal and I am waiting as the documents have also been forwarded to the Home office for a review.

Why was refused? Asking you to resend your financial requirement for reconsideration is a good development though.

MPs intervention do help in some cases
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:44am On Jun 04, 2016
Fifi123:
Does waiting for partner's passport's renewal affect visa decision? 
And what is the time limit between (successful appeal letter/ withdrawal of refusing visa) and submitting new visa application? 
My partner's passport was expired. He did renew it and now he just waiting to collect it, but we don't know how long thas it will take! Maybe 2 weeks!
Hence why I have to wait one or two weeks more before submitting my application as I need his passport to be in date to be able to fill in the new application from. 

NB: I did successfully receive a letter from the home office stating and confirming the refusal decision against my visa has been withdrawn and I do no longer need to appeal.

Wait for him to get the new passport because it's needed but it does not affect your visa decision

The time it takes between successful appeal and submitting of passport for visa has not been documented. Some people waiting for a month, some less than that. You probably need to email them for reminder.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ajirapsy(m): 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hi sister2007,

I'm sorry to hear about the refusal of your husband's visa application.

Please do you mind sharing why his application was refused?

sister2007:
@Justwise

Thirdly a lot of people on here seem to believe that when you receive the processed email with a reference number it means you have a visa, and I will say it is not true because my husband had the reference number and his visa was rejected and it took a month before we had the Health Surcharge refunded.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
@justwise

Please just to ask your advice as I have been asked to send my financial requirement. should I send copies or both copies and originals of bank statement and payslips.

I am sending bank statement, payslips, contract of employment and letters from employer, letters from doctor and sick notes that I sent when we applied for the visa

The eco refused the visa unjustly as they did not consider that I was off sick when my husband made his application and sent the last six payslips before I was off sick

we relied on paragraph( 6) of the financial requirement and I am sure the ECO was not aware of that paragraph and rejected the application

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

Please just to ask your advice as I have been asked to send my financial requirement. should I send copies or both copies and originals of bank statement and payslips.

I am sending bank statement, payslips, contract of employment and letters from employer, letters from doctor and sick notes that I sent when we applied for the visa

The eco refused the visa unjustly as they did not consider that I was off sick when my husband made his application and sent the last six payslips before I was off sick

we relied on paragraph( 6) of the financial requirement and I am sure the ECO was not aware of that paragraph and rejected the application

Yes send all originals they will return some if not all.

I don't think it will go to tribunal looking to documents you are about to submit to proof that you were offsick then.

Good luck it will end well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by feedthenation(m): 10:55am On Jun 06, 2016
dday101:

As from 6months to when it will expire.

@dday101, thanks for the information.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by feedthenation(m): 10:57am On Jun 06, 2016
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
Justwise,Tunderule 2016. Plz wat documents do my husband need to collect his passport.

Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK
Visa Application Centre.
Collection in Person
To retrieve your documents, you will need to provide the following:
If collecting yourself:
Your Application Checklist
Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
nky2015:
Justwise,Tunderule 2016. Plz wat documents do my husband need to collect his passport.

Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK
Visa Application Centre.
Collection in Person
If collecting yourself:
Original Photographic ID

The checklist and any other ID should be enough

Congratulations in advance!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
nky2015:

Visa Application Centre.
Collection in Person
If collecting yourself:
Original Photographic ID

Any ID will do.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:43am On Jun 07, 2016
I have been worried about u ....
Tell your husband to take a photocopy print out of is passport or any other form of ID...
when i collected mine... i had no id with me... so he tore my package and took out my passport , asked me to go downstairs to go print out ... and i did and they accept cards or cash.

Tell your husband not to be surprise if he did not see any documents in the parcel... as mine has no document except my PASSPORT, TB CERTIFICATE and Letter confirming BRP and success. All the documents was sent to my wife in UK...

Cant wait to hear your great news...

nky2015:

Visa Application Centre.
Collection in Person
If collecting yourself:
Original Photographic ID

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 11:00am On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks Tunderule 2016 for ur great support.justwise thank u.
Visa granted and collected.thank God.
To all my fellows sisters and bros hang in there ,relax cos God is in control

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:21am On Jun 07, 2016
OMG ... am so happy for you nice one.... You are so welcome....
make sure u go post your timeline on this link...

https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here

Good luck and enjoy .. God bless!!!!

nky2015:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2016
nky2015:

Congratulations once again!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 11:36am On Jun 07, 2016
nky2015:

Congratulations Nky2015...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 11:44am On Jun 07, 2016
tunderule2016:
OMG ... am so happy for you nice one.... You are so welcome....
make sure u go post your timeline on this link...

https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here

Good luck and enjoy .. God bless!!!!

Hi Tunderule....hope you are having a smooth prep for safe trip?
Want to ask if there is other forum for timeline to be posted?
Still on 11th week...this waiting is draining me apart cry
Have a blisful day
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
Yes i am ... thank you .
dont worry .... 12 weeks will come in no time....
check here https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here

i am certain u will hear from them soon.. God is your strength.

egal22:

Hi Tunderule....hope you are having a smooth prep for safe trip?
Want to ask if there is other forum for timeline to be posted?
Still on 11th week...this waiting is draining me apart cry
Have a blisful day
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
nky2015:

Congratulations Nky2015 very pleased for you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
nky2015:

Congratulations Nky2015 !! very pleased for you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
I have being dancing.even went to work late due to over excitement. Thanks u'all

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
nky2015:

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bbken: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
@justwise thank you for the response,
it's a federal government establishment and even when the approve for you to go, you'll have to sponsor your self and after Ward's get back your money due the one account stuff President Buhari introduced, my HOD said he is recommending me for it if I can foot the bill for now. He will give a covering letter to that effect.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bbken: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
@justwise thank you for the response,
it's a federal government establishment and even when the approve for you to go, you'll have to sponsor your self and after Ward's get back your money due the one account stuff President Buhari introduced, my HOD said he is recommending me for it if I can foot the bill for now. He will give a covering letter to that effect.

Please what do you think?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bbken: 8:53am On Jun 08, 2016
@fifi123 congratulations,
How long did your appeal stay before the overturn. I connect to this testimony oooo
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by iamifyrose: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2016
Thank You House, I got my visa just within 3 days. Collect yesterday at ikeja Visa stamp. God will grant you Yours IJN.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
iamifyrose:
Thank You House, I got my visa just within 3 days. Collect yesterday at ikeja Visa stamp. God will grant you Yours IJN.

Congratulations!!! So happy for you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
iamifyrose:

Congrats Jamifyrose...thats priority smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
Congrats.
iamifyrose:

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.