Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034975 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 10:50am On Dec 19, 2016
Ok, thanks.

Foreveryours201:

You will be hearing from them soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
Jennyze:
Hello All,

My husband received his documents on Saturday from UKVI, but I am yet to get any email on decision made or passport collection.

Any similar experience in the house?

You will hear from them very soon. Same thing happened to me. My wife got the documents first then few days later the email dropped on my box.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ok, thanks!.. I'm so eager now.. grin
anyichi16:

You will hear from them very soon. Same thing happened to me. My wife got the documents first then few days later the email dropped on my box.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hi guys.. @justwise @foreveryours201 and all Nairalnders, just a little tip from my experience.
I have been invited to the uk for 3yrs now by my partners mum, and i always get the visa, and remember i said i will be applying for settlement visa in February.
So 2weeks ago i made a visit visa application to visit my partner (now wife) in the uk for 11days. But i was refused cos of a flimsy excuse.
The visa officer said my bank statement wasn't translated to english from german hence he cannot determine my financial position, for that he is refusing me visiting visa.

This sounds ludicrous cos it's thesame bank statement i have been using to apply for visa all these while and never been refused, until i said i was being invited by my partner and submitted proof of our relationship. I have never heard before that a bank statement should be translated. Lol

But i guess they looking for excuse cos it's my partner inviting me, hence they feel i will not leave the uk. Despite submitting all required docs that shie my ties to germany. But i feel it's a stupid excuse.

Thinking of sending them an email about this... Then chill and apply for settlement visa in February cos i only did this visit visa because i wanted to celebrate christmas with the family.

Also note all my applications to uk, i always say i will be in the uk for 2weeks, but i never stayed more than 1week, cos i ve got a lot to do (biz n study), so my immigration history is perfect.
What do you guys think was the real reason ?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
Passport ready for pickup mail received at 3.52pm today. *wicked*...I can only pick up between 10am - 4pm.

I hope I can sleep tonight

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
Abbylove:
Passport ready for pickup mail received at 3.52pm today. *wicked*...I can only pick up between 10am - 4pm.

You berra sleep. Don't give yourself hypertension o abeg. It shall be great news!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
Lol I can picture you camping out there. 10am you'll run in.

Don't worry, it's already done

Abbylove:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2016
If you cant sleep.. spend time packing.. wink

Abbylove:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
Don't jinx it.

But do fly early. I heard that Heathrow staff will be on strike this weekend.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
Amen oh.

Hubby just picked up my documents.

Everything I submitted is in it.
All my originals documents...

Is this a sign?

Hypertension is my new name oh.
Amma bundle of nerves!

Foreveryours201:

You berra sleep. Don't give yourself hypertension o abeg. It shall be great news!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
Lol

Thanks jare.

Jennyze:
If you cant sleep.. spend time packing.. wink

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Please can who can help me confirm whether medview is a good airline to travel to London. They seem to be the cheapest.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
It is.
Lands at Gatwick airport though

anyichi16:
Please can who can help me confirm whether medview is a good airline to travel to London. They seem to be the cheapest.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
anyichi16:

Some reviews of medview airlines have already been posted on nairaland. Do some digging...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
anyichi16:

It gets you from A to B. Hubby used it and said it's OK. He preferred it to Arik. They apparently left on time and they feed you.

However, they land in Gatwick which I hate driving to.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2016
Fifi123:
Hi everyone
I have a little question or we can say problem
I'm now in uk with a spouse visa, my husband is getting benefits from government cause of his disability.
I found a job here which I'll start working soon
But the point is the government will cut off all or part of his benefits.
Plus I'm still looking forward the next visa, if they stop his benefits, how can he support and sponsor me in my next stage of visa!
How and what can you advise me please.

Hello,

They look at household income so as long as the income from your own job meets the income threshold, then you guys are fine as it doesn't matter who earns the income once you're here in the UK. What matters is there's an income that meets the threshold.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2016
Was it decision made or passport collection mail you got?

I hope I just get passport collection.. gotta make it for xmas..

anyichi16:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2016
Visa GRANTED!!!

Yippee!!!

My timeline coming up shortly!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 11:34am On Dec 20, 2016
Abbylove:
Visa GRANTED!!!

Yippee!!!

Congratulations dear, we are all happy for you, guess you should have packed your bags when you could not sleep yesterday. lol.

Good luck to the rest of us too, mine is 6 weeks today, nothing yet. my heart keeps pumping anytime i get a mail. It is well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:38am On Dec 20, 2016
I packed nothing oh. Maybe when I post my timeline you would understand why I was super worried!

Lol

Thank you so much. I pray you get yours too.

oladunni4real:

Congratulations dear, we are all happy for you, guess you should have packed your bags when you could not sleep yesterday. lol.

Good luck to the rest of us too, mine is 6 weeks today, nothing yet. my heart keeps pumping anytime i get a mail. It is well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 11:43am On Dec 20, 2016
Congratulations dear!!!

Hope you took my advice & packed..

Still waiting to for emails from them oo

Abbylove:
Visa GRANTED!!!

Yippee!!!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
I wish I did oh!!!

Hubby wants me on the next available flight to London & me I never pack nothing! Lol

Thanks Jennyze...I pray u get it by God's grace

Jennyze:
Congratulations dear!!!

Hope you took my advice & packed..

Still waiting to for emails from them oo

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
Congratulation. I pray my story will be like yours. I am on the 11th week now. Nothing yet.

Abbylove:
Visa GRANTED!!!

Yippee!!!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yay. Nice one Abbylove.

So happy for you ehn! It felt like it was ours, I was updating all morning waiting for your good news.

It kind of shows that not getting called for an interview can be a good sign.

Abbylove:
Visa GRANTED!!!

Yippee!!!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
By God's grace! You will be next to rejoice! Amen!

Mrsbebe:
Congratulation. I pray my story will be like yours. I am on the 11th week now. Nothing yet.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
Thank you so much!

Fingers crossed for you Hun.

Good Luck!

Darcy16:
Yay. Nice one Abbylove.

So happy for you ehn! It felt like it was ours, I was updating all morning waiting for your good news.

It kind of shows that not getting called for an interview can be a good sign.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
Thank you. I can't wait. Can only just imagine your excitement.

Don't forget the impending strike so fly as soon as you can.

Abbylove:
Thank you so much!

Fingers crossed for you Hun.

Good Luck!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
My Timeline as promised:

Country applying from: Nigeria 

Visa Processing Office Location: Sheffield, London

Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Wife(non priority)

VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE:

19th Sept. 2016 - Online Application Submitted

22nd Sept. 2016 - Biometrics Taken

22nd Sept. 2016 - Sponsor's Documents couriered to UKVI, Sheffield

23rd Sept. 2016 - Sponsor's Documents signed for at Sheffield (we tracked it)

27th Sept. 2016 - Email from TLScontact - Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration

29th Sept. 2016 - Email from UKVI advising application received in Sheffield and being prepared for consideration by an ECO

1st Dec. 2016 - Response from an inquiry saying no update yet.

15th of Dec - Response from an inquiry saying decision has been made

16th Dec. 2016 - Decision Email from TLScontact & UKVI Sheffield

19th Dec. 2016 - Collection Email received from TLScontact

7th Dec. 2016 - Date Visa was Issued

20th Dec.2016 - Passport & Visa Collected

Thank God
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 1:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
YES YES. Leaving ASAP.

Lol.

Darcy16:
Thank you. I can't wait. Can only just imagine your excitement.

Don't forget the impending strike so fly as soon as you can.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
Abbylove:
Visa GRANTED!!!

Yippee!!!

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
Abbylove:
Visa GRANTED!!!

Yippee!!!

Congratulations!!!

Christmas came early for you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.