Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035190 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 10:40am On Feb 21, 2020
justwise:

What visa route did you select?

For myself when I got to the ihs page it brought out my visa route as settlement and visa type husband

Then it asked if am going to join someone else there
I said yes
Then it asked for my wife details Nationality and visa route- I put settlement for her because it’s on her brp... even tho she has ILR
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2020
nonso10:

For myself when I got to the ihs page it brought out my visa route as settlement and visa type husband

Then it asked if am going to join someone else there
I said yes
Then it asked for my wife details Nationality and visa route- I put settlement for her because it’s on her brp... even tho she has ILR

I guess there is a mistake somewhere but continue with the application then email or call them later with your application reference number to ask what the problem is.

Your wife can also call them to find out, they will send you a direct link to make the payment
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 11:13am On Feb 21, 2020
justwise:

I guess there is a mistake somewhere but continue with the application then email or call them later with your application reference number to ask what the problem is.

Your wife can also call them to find out, they will send you a direct link to make the payment
Ok. Sorry for my plenty questions. Please who should I email or call.... home Office or the ihs people
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:36am On Feb 21, 2020
nonso10:

Ok. Sorry for my plenty questions. Please who should I email or call.... home Office or the ihs people

Their contact will be on that application website
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 11:41am On Feb 21, 2020
justwise:

Their contact will be on that application website

I just got the ihs reference number and I have sent them a message. It cost around 6 quid ..what do you advice ... should I continue the visa process with the ref number given or wait for them to reply and tell me why the issue
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
nonso10:

I just got the ihs reference number and I have sent them a message. It cost around 6 quid ..what do you advice ... should I continue the visa process with the ref number given or wait for them to reply and tell me why the issue

Yes that is the cost and you can send as many messages as you want until your visa processing ends. You can continue with the application , when they reply you follow up their explanation. It will not affect the application. Worst case you will be asked to make payment before they go on with the process
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hello Good people of Nairaland, I’ve gone through this thread as much as I can and I’ve also gathered documents based on everything I’ve seen others do, my only question here is;

I’ve been denied a visit to my girlfriend (wife now/British citizen) when we were still dating in 2018 January, we’ve known each other since 2017, Denied the application on the ground that :

“I didn’t show my bank statement/proof that I can sustain myself when I visit her and I likely will not return to my home country when my stay expires. ( I left the application process for an agent without any clue and stupidly didn’t make my own inquiries) “

Secondly, on the refusal she said we were friends and I said she was my girlfriend without any proof, It was a mistake from her part as well that we didn’t notice on time.

Fast forward to 2020, we’re legally married at ikoyi registry, we have a solicitor in the UK following up the application we’re about to make. All documents are in place, screenshots of call logs from whatsapp for 6months+ chats, video calls and emails are available, also over 42+ pages of collage pictures taken in different places during all her visits (3 times since. 2019-2020)

We didn’t do any traditional marriage just a little family introduction.

-Any need to add my bank statement now? We used a checklist to ready every basic requirements and I added more from this thread too.

I still can’t help it but I feel like something is missing out, I posted this to know if the previous denial will affect us, anything to boost the decision making this time and if only proof of civil marriage is enough.

Also, the letter from friends and family are they really necessary with copies of their intl. passports? Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
boywonder225:
Hello Good people of Nairaland, I’ve gone through this thread as much as I can and I’ve also gathered documents based on everything I’ve seen others do, my only question here is;

I’ve been denied a visit to my girlfriend (wife now/British citizen) when we were still dating in 2018 January, we’ve known each other since 2017, Denied the application on the ground that :

“I didn’t show my bank statement/proof that I can sustain myself when I visit her and I likely will not return to my home country when my stay expires. ( I left the application process for an agent without any clue and stupidly didn’t make my own inquiries) “

Secondly, on the refusal she said we were friends and I said she was my girlfriend without any proof, It was a mistake from her part as well that we didn’t notice on time.

Fast forward to 2020, we’re legally married at ikoyi registry, we have a solicitor in the UK following up the application we’re about to make. All documents are in place, screenshots of call logs from whatsapp for 6months+ chats, video calls and emails are available, also over 42+ pages of collage pictures taken in different places during all her visits (3 times since. 2019-2020)

We didn’t do any traditional marriage just a little family introduction.

-Any need to add my bank statement now? We used a checklist to ready every basic requirements and I added more from this thread too.

I still can’t help it but I feel like something is missing out, I posted this to know if the previous denial will affect us, anything to boost the decision making this time and if only proof of civil marriage is enough.

Also, the letter from friends and family are they really necessary with copies of their intl. passports? Thank you.

What are you paying a solicitor for, if you still require inputs from us?........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lexusgs430:

What are you paying a solicitor for, if you still require inputs from us?........

you don’t think some solicitors make mistakes? I only asked because I wouldn’t want any ‘had I known’ and to be sure I was on the right part. Anyway thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
boywonder225:

you don’t think some solicitors make mistakes? I only asked because I wouldn’t want any ‘had I known’ and to be sure I was on the right part. Anyway thanks.

Are you saying, you have no trust in his/her professionalism?....... cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 9:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Are you saying, you have no trust in his/her professionalism?....... cheesy

Not really, I feel like I can help/make it a whole lot easier for him and myself.

And a straightforward application will bang right now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:51am On Feb 22, 2020
boywonder225:

Not really, I feel like I can help/make it a whole lot easier for him and myself.

And a straightforward application will bang right now.

If you thoroughly read through this thread, a solicitor is never required......

Just ensure all documentations are in date, you obey the 28 day rule, enough proof towards subsisting relationship etc etc.....

Your rejection history, is not relevant........ Letters from friends, irrelevant.....

Your bank statement, totally irrelevant (unless you have about £70,000), in cleared savings.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 2:33pm On Feb 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Just ensure all documentations are in date, you obey the 28 day rule, enough proof towards subsisting relationship etc etc.....

Your rejection history, is not relevant........ Letters from friends, irrelevant.....

Your bank statement, totally irrelevant (unless you have about £70,000), in cleared savings.....

“ Your rejection history, is not relevant........ Letters from friends, irrelevant... “

Aha. Pretty much what’s been giving me sleepless nights.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
boywonder225:

“ Your rejection history, is not relevant........ Letters from friends, irrelevant... “

Aha. Pretty much what’s been giving me sleepless nights.

Just be honest in filling your form............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Just be honest in filling your form............

Sure. Thanks chief
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2020
Siberry:

Thanks for your response.
Does the applicant need to submit his statement of account too?

Not required for the applicant unless the applicant is relying on the cash savings route and if the money in the applicants account makes up or is part of the minimum savings threshold.

If the applicant is relying on employment, then the sponsor's bank statement is the only requirement.

It is always important not to send (documents) what is not required as it makes it easier for processing.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Spot on.

to add to the above, if anyone knows a solicitor they can consult or that is prepared answer queries for free then by all means take advantage

A complex immigration history may necessitate the engagement of a solicitor otherwise it is quite straightforward, just read the guidelines, ask questions from people who have enjoyed success or are very familiar with the process and provide the information required.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2020
Champneys:

Spot on.

to add to the above, if anyone knows a solicitor they can consult or that is prepared answer queries for free then by all means take advantage

A complex immigration history may necessitate the engagement of a solicitor otherwise it is quite straightforward, just read the guidelines, ask questions from people who have enjoyed success or are very familiar with the process and provide the information required.

A lawyer would advice you and facilitate application, for free?

Have you ever seen a flying pig, a pink elephant or a chicken with front teeth?..... grin

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Siberry: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2020
Champneys:

Not required for the applicant unless the applicant is relying on the cash savings route and if the money in the applicants account makes up or is part of the minimum savings threshold.

If the applicant is relying on employment, then the sponsor's bank statement is the only requirement.

It is always important not to send (documents) what is not required as it makes it easier for processing.

Thank you very much, you are a star!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Duboc(m): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
Champneys:

Spot on.

Good day Champ,

Did my court marriage in Nigeria.

My wife has not done change of name and the only document she has showing we are married legally in Nigeria is our court certificate.

Currently she got a job as a RN in UK.

Now my question is, trust there would not be challenge when I want to join her.

Also i wish to know the necessary documents i may need.

Please I need help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
Duboc:
Good day Champ,
Did my court marriage in Nigeria.
My wife has not done change of name and the only document she has showing we are married legally in Nigeria is our court certificate.
Currently she got a job as a RN in UK.
Now my question is, trust there would not be challenge when I want to join her.
Also i wish to know the necessary documents i may need.
Please I need help.

Sir good day, have you read the guidelines? Please do and be specific if you have any further questions, quite a number of amazing people here who have helped others in the past and will be able you going forward.

Change of name shouldn't be an issue as long as the name is consistent with the rest of the supporting documents.
What name is on your wedding certificate sir? If it is the same name your wife currently uses at work and is on all of the necessary documents for the purpose of the settlement visa, then there wont be any problem ( to the best of my knowledge and from experience of others )
If the marriage certificate has your surname for her, then she will need to make sure other documents are consistent with that.

Do you understand me?

In quick summary, (happy to elaborate if you are specific) If she has a job, has been working for her employer for a minimum of six months, can provide 6 months of payslips showing a gross earning of or in excess of £9300 (for the six month period), can get a letter confirming her employment from her employer, bank statement showing the six months wages were paid into the account, adequate accommodation documents (tenancy agreement, an utility bill with your partners name on it, if available and a letter from the landlord confirming you can live with her) proof of English Language (English Test Certificate or NARIC certificate confirming your degree was taught in English and it is equivalent to the minimum English Language requirement), TB Certificate to confirm that you are free of the disease and evidence of your relationship (marriage certificate if married, regular communications, photographs at different intervals of your relationship and other anything else to confirm that the relationship is still subsisting) then you are good to go

Best wishes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Duboc(m): 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
Thanks so much.

My name for instance is Sule and my surname is Chidi. Her own name is Bola and her surname is Bisi. So on the certifiacet it was only stated that she got married to Sule Chidi. So all other of her documents still bears Bola Bisi.
Champneys:

Sir good day, have you read the guidelines? Please do and be specific if you have any further questions, quite a number of amazing people here who have helped others in the past and will be able you going forward.

Change of name shouldn't be an issue as long as the name is consistent with the rest of the supporting documents.
What name is on your wedding certificate sir? If it is the same name your wife currently uses at work and is on all of the necessary documents for the purpose of the settlement visa, then there wont be any problem ( to the best of my knowledge and from experience of others )
If the marriage certificate has your surname for her, then she will need to make sure other documents are consistent with that.

Do you understand me?

In quick summary, (happy to elaborate if you are specific) If she has a job, has been working for her employer for a minimum of six months, can provide 6 months of payslips showing a gross earning of or in excess of £9300 (for the six month period), can get a letter confirming her employment from her employer, bank statement showing the six months wages were paid into the account, adequate accommodation documents (tenancy agreement, an utility bill with your partners name on it, if available and a letter from the landlord confirming you can live with her) proof of English Language (English Test Certificate or NARIC certificate confirming your degree was taught in English and it is equivalent to the minimum English Language requirement), TB Certificate to confirm that you are free of the disease and evidence of your relationship (marriage certificate if married, regular communications, photographs at different intervals of your relationship and other anything else to confirm that the relationship is still subsisting) then you are good to go

Best wishes.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
Good evening all. which bank account will I pay TLS Assisted Scanning fee to? I've read about various disappointment with self-upload so I want to play safe by paying for the services to be rendered when I go for biometrics. All documents are with me in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 11:43am On Feb 25, 2020
omojoyeyomi:
Good evening all. which bank account will I pay TLS Assisted Scanning fee to? I've read about various disappointment with self-upload so I want to play safe by paying for the services to be rendered when I go for biometrics. All documents are with me in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Please what kind of disappointments as I uploaded mine myself

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Duboc:
Thanks so much.

My name for instance is Sule and my surname is Chidi. Her own name is Bola and her surname is Bisi. So on the certifiacet it was only stated that she got married to Sule Chidi. So all other of her documents still bears Bola Bisi.

This is fine to the best of my knowledge.

Establishing a relationship that is subsisting is key for them and as long as you can prove that, then her not taking your surname is not an issue.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Champneys: 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
omojoyeyomi:

Thanks.

There is nothing wrong with the self-upload platform called e-dossier.

When you upload each document, it gives you an opportunity to see and confirm what is uploaded.

However if you wish to pay for assisted scanning, you will have to do this on the day of biometrics and I believe you can pay with your debit/credit card.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2020
nonso10:

Please what kind of disappointments as I uploaded mine myself

Thanks

How did you do it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Duboc(m): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2020
please Kindly assist me on the below

Duboc:
Thanks so much.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 12:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
omojoyeyomi:

How did you do it?
Scanned all my documents, converted to pdf then uploaded

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.