Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035400 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Duboc(m): 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Thanks a bunch champ.
Champneys:

This is fine to the best of my knowledge.

Establishing a relationship that is subsisting is key for them and as long as you can prove that, then her not taking your surname is not an issue.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Siberry: 11:42am On Feb 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

If you thoroughly read through this thread, a solicitor is never required......

Just ensure all documentations are in date, you obey the 28 day rule, enough proof towards subsisting relationship etc etc.....

Your rejection history, is not relevant........ Letters from friends, irrelevant.....

Your bank statement, totally irrelevant (unless you have about £70,000), in cleared savings.....

Please what is 28 day rule?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2020
Siberry:

Please what is 28 day rule?

Last month's financial documents (pay slip, bank statements) etc etc

Must be issued within 28 days of application submission......

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:22am On Feb 28, 2020
Duboc:
Thanks so much.

My name for instance is Sule and my surname is Chidi. Her own name is Bola and her surname is Bisi. So on the certifiacet it was only stated that she got married to Sule Chidi. So all other of her documents still bears Bola Bisi.

This is not a problem, your marriage certificate takes care of that as this is common .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:24am On Feb 28, 2020
nonso10:

Ok. Sorry for my plenty questions. Please who should I email or call.... home Office or the ihs people

Did they get back to you and able to sort it out?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 11:03am On Feb 28, 2020
justwise:

Did they get back to you and able to sort it out?

Yeah.. they said once am sure of all the details entered that I should continue and if they require me to pay that they will email me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2020
nonso10:

Yeah.. they said once am sure of all the details entered that I should continue and if they require me to pay that they will email me

Ok cool, that's exactly how it's done. All the best with your application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nonso10: 11:12am On Feb 28, 2020
justwise:

Ok cool, that's exactly how it's done. All the best with your application

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good Afternoon House, I wish hubby and I read this thread before I applied for my Spouse Visa. Anyways, I submitted my online Application on the 22nd of December 2019 and I sent my document the same day. I did my Biometric on the 24th of December 2019. I got a mail on the the 24th of January to come pick my passport, decision was made on the 22nd of January and I was denied.

On my Application, my husband stated that he is a Police officer with the British force and self employed as a Business consultant, we only added his statement of account from the Police force but we didn't add his Evidence of Tax and other related document from his self employment. Hence the refusal.

Today makes it 2weeks that he Appealed for me and he got acknowledgement mail the same day, we choose No Hearing. They have also refunded our Ihs fees.

My question is this, how long does it take to get a feedback from BHC and what is the next step if any?

We will appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
Legalkhaddie:
Good Afternoon House, I wish hubby and I read this thread before I applied for my Spouse Visa. Anyways, I submitted my online Application on the 22nd of December 2019 and I sent my document the same day. I did my Biometric on the 24th of December 2019. I got a mail on the the 24th of January to come pick my passport, decision was made on the 22nd of January and I was denied.

On my Application, my husband stated that he is a Police officer with the British force and self employed as a Business consultant, we only added his statement of account from the Police force but we didn't add his Evidence of Tax and other related document from his self employment. Hence the refusal.

Today makes it 2weeks that he Appealed for me and he got acknowledgement mail the same day, we choose No Hearing. They have also refunded our Ihs fees.

My question is this, how long does it take to get a feedback from BHC and what is the next step if any?

Let me share my 2cent. D next step is u get a letter after 4-5 weeks 4rm d date a pt in ur appeal, d court has 15 weeks 2 gt bck 2u 4ur result cinx u wnt 4 written appeal...
Bt u might hear 4rm dm earlier dan d said dat(15weeks)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
MamaEEE:
Thank you dear, I really appreciate.

Let me share my 2cent. D next step is u get a letter after 4-5 weeks 4rm d date a pt in ur appeal, d court has 15 weeks 2 gt bck 2u 4ur result cinx u wnt 4 written appeal...
Bt u might hear 4rm dm earlier dan d said dat(15weeks)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2020
Thank you dear, I really appreciate.[quote author=Legalkhaddie post=87036943][/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2020
Legalkhaddie:

Why would you choose no hearing?......

Self employment route, requires a barrage of documentations.......

Does he have those documents and are they in date?....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2020
Legalkhaddie:

If you go through the whole appeal process, allow up to 24 months.... Yes 24 months....... wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
Yes he does, he has everything, we just somehow forgot to add the document.
Lexusgs430:

Why would you choose no hearing?......

Self employment route, requires a barrage of documentations.......

Does he have those documents and are they in date?....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 11:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
Lol....24months bawo? Well fortunately for us, my husband got a mail today. Hopefully within 15weeks.�
Lexusgs430:

If you go through the whole appeal process, allow up to 24 months.... Yes 24 months....... wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2020
Legalkhaddie:
Lol....24months bawo? Well fortunately for us, my husband got a mail today. Hopefully within 15weeks.�

Within 15 weeks, for appeal to be heard?....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
Legalkhaddie:
Yes he does, he has everything, we just somehow forgot to add the document.

What you should have done after rejection, was repackaged the missing documents and resent directly....

Used to work in the past, Tried, Tested and Trusted..... wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 9:18am On Feb 29, 2020
My husband wasn't sure if that still works so we followed what was in the refusal letter, since we had right of appeal. We decided to take that route. We have now submitted all the document they requested for.
Meanwhile in the mail we were told that they will request the other document we earlier sent(the document I sent through dhl to their hub in uk. We don't know if this is also the new thing.
Lexusgs430:

What you should have done after rejection, was repackaged the missing documents and resent directly....

Used to work in the past, Tried, Tested and Trusted..... wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 9:19am On Feb 29, 2020
Na wetin dem write be that oh. I hope it wont reach that level sha.
Lexusgs430:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:43am On Feb 29, 2020
Legalkhaddie:
Na wetin dem write be that oh. I hope it wont reach that level sha.

I won't hold my breath.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 10:29am On Feb 29, 2020
Fingers crossed.
Lexusgs430:

I won't hold my breath.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 10:32am On Feb 29, 2020
Remember I said we chose No Hearing, so we are hopeful that the time frame will be different.
Lexusgs430:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:56am On Feb 29, 2020
Legalkhaddie:
Remember I said we chose No Hearing, so we are hopeful that the time frame will be different.

Very risky to have a non hearing appeal......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 11:22am On Feb 29, 2020
Legalkhaddie:

Plz if u need 2 advice sum1 4 appeal dnt encourage d no hearing biko. Nt 2mk u scared dou bt e better mk u present use ur mouth talk dan person go sit down dey drink coffee on ur hehalf dey jugde ur case.
Sum1 got hers over turned after 10days another after 10weeks, another over 22weeks... Al d best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Legalkhaddie(f): 9:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
I am not even scared, we choose what we felt was best for us. At the end of the day we are hoping for the best.
MamaEEE:

Plz if u need 2 advice sum1 4 appeal dnt encourage d no hearing biko. Nt 2mk u scared dou bt e better mk u present use ur mouth talk dan person go sit down dey drink coffee on ur hehalf dey jugde ur case.
Sum1 got hers over turned after 10days another after 10weeks, another over 22weeks... Al d best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good day house, please I have a question that has been bothering my wife even though I’ve clarified it several times from what I read here, she’s doing zero hour contract as a support worker with 2 jobs and earns above £25,000PA

She’s still worried if the application will work out since the first advice she got from someone was that it wouldn’t. Same person advised her to start her nursing job and work for another 6months before she can apply :/

Secondly, on our marriage certificate, it stated that she’s a nurse, she’s yet to start practicing for personal reasons, but we’re making this application with her agency Job since we have all pay slips from those jobs, my question to this is, would it interfere in this application? We don’t mind submitting her nursing degree cert as proof too. We want to make this application tomorrow, the pressure is too much since we can’t afford to make any mistakes.

Please your responses are highly needed since she’d be reading this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2020
boywonder225:
Good day house, please I have a question that has been bothering my wife even though I’ve clarified it several times from what I read here, she’s doing zero hour contract as a support worker with 2 jobs and earns above £25,000PA

She’s still worried if the application will work out since the first advice she got from someone was that it wouldn’t. Same person advised her to start her nursing job and work for another 6months before she can apply :/

Secondly, on our marriage certificate, it stated that she’s a nurse, she’s yet to start practicing for personal reasons, but we’re making this application with her agency Job since we have all pay slips from those jobs, my question to this is, would it interfere in this application? We don’t mind submitting her nursing degree cert as proof too. We want to make this application tomorrow, the pressure is too much since we can’t afford to make any mistakes.

Please your responses are highly needed since she’d be reading this.

What are you worried about?.....?

What sort of visa/passport does she have?....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

What are you worried about?.....?

What sort of visa/passport does she have?....

She’s British/Nigerian.

She’s only worried that since we added “Nurse” on our marriage certificate as her occupation that it may affect it because she’s yet to start practicing. But then she got a degree as a Nurse.

Her 6 months pay-slips are all from the support work she’s been doing.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
boywonder225:

She’s British/Nigerian.

She’s only worried that since we added “Nurse” on our marriage certificate as her occupation that it may affect it because she’s yet to start practicing. But then she got a degree as a Nurse.

Because she is not practicing, does not mean she is not a nurse............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by boywonder225: 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
I no just understand sad sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
boywonder225:

She’s British/Nigerian.

If she has 100% of documents required and all in date....... Fire down........

Remember the ' 28 day rule'........

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.