Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035427 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zicobaba2012(m): 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hello house , I received this respond after i send a paid email yesterday can anyone tell me what this mean pls . Thanks

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zicobaba2012(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hello house can anyone tell me what this email mean and what should I do I received this after I send a paid email yesterday .thanks

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
zicobaba2012:
Hello house can anyone tell me what this email mean and what should I do I received this after I send a paid email yesterday .thanks

It means no decision has been made on your visa application. When did you go for your biometrics?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexyp(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2022
Good day house ,pls want to ask a quick question, a decision on my application was overturned and was asked to return my passport which i did going to a week now, my question is does anyone know the time frame i will be asked to come pick it up? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2022
Lexyp:
Good day house ,pls want to ask a quick question, a decision on my application was overturned and was asked to return my passport which i did going to a week now, my question is does anyone know the time frame i will be asked to come pick it up? Thanks in advance.

Boss the whole appeal process is a long one, this is just going by what I have been reading on this forum. You just have to be very patient. So from when your appeal was granted until when you eventually get your visa it’s a long wait.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zicobaba2012(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
I did my biometric on april 8
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Philawole(m): 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2022
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 12:22am On Jul 31, 2022
Good evening house. Please who did their biometrics in june? I got a mail stating that my application is being prepared to be considered by an Entry clearance officer on the 28th of july. Who else got this?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 12:25am On Jul 31, 2022
vikaosi:
The month of June started with UK Visa for me.

Submission of Application: May 8
Biometrics at TLS VI. : May 11
Application Transferred to VAC: May 31
Passport with Visa Collected: June 1

Note: Some people raised concerns that I didn't do any test of English and that the test is compulsory. I didn't take the test. I guess it's not required.

I wish those expecting theirs success.

Wat type of visa? Congratulations ??

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 12:27am On Jul 31, 2022
JoyfulA:
God be praised

Application done 23/11/2021
It’s to a whole 130 working days
Pickup email 31/5/2022
Visa was finally approved

No English test
No IHS fee

I pray Coolmeenah get hers soon too
Cos I can totally relate how it feels to wait this long
And to everyone I pray you get your own testimony soon

Congratulations!! Was it a spousal visa? And how come u didnt do ielts and didnt pay ihs surcharge fee?wow
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 12:53am On Jul 31, 2022
coolMeenah:
After 130 Working days, 26 weeks and 7 months
Alhamdulilahi Visa granted ������
Self upload
Category A (Standard)
Country of Application: Nigeria (Abuja)
Online Application: 18/11/2021
Bio date: 26/11/2021
ECO email: 8/01/2022
Non-Straight forward email: Feb 21 (58th WD)
Several paid enquiries after 60 WD
UKVI answered : awaiting decision
Delayed notification due to Ukraine situation: may 11 2022
Final paid enquiry: June 1st 2022 (127 WD) A decision has been made
Tls text : 07/06/2022
Passeport collection : 08/06/2022
Visa valid from 07 /06/2022 ��‍♀️
Total waiting time till visas at hand: 130 working days.

It was really a stressful waiting period� I dislike bank holidays and weekends so much and I might probably need a therapy to fall in love with it agian� Gooluck to everyone still waiting for their passport. I hope you get your Visas soon.

Congratulations �
God give me strength to wait ��
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 12:55am On Jul 31, 2022
coolMeenah:

Thank you....As in, the wait was really draining, Glad it's over.

Please can i private chat u somehow? � @coolmeenah
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ladynonsoo:
Good evening house. Please who did their biometrics in june? I got a mail stating that my application is being prepared to be considered by an Entry clearance officer on the 28th of july. Who else got this?
I did mine in June & also received a similar mail on the same date. It’s for spousal visa…It appears the others who receive theirs early are, as dependents for study or work visa. They won’t need to write IELTS as dependents, I suppose.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by vikaosi: 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ladynonsoo:

Wat type of visa? Congratulations ??

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2022
Eastner:

I did mine in June & also received a similar mail on the same date. It’s for spousal visa…It appears the others who receive theirs early are, as dependents for study or work visa. They won’t need to write IELTS as dependents, I suppose.

Oh wow ok!! I have so many questions dunno where to start. What does the uk consider “suitable accomodation” in the uk? @Eastner
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ladynonsoo:

Oh wow ok!! I have so many questions dunno where to start. What does the uk consider “suitable accomodation” in the uk? @Eastner
From my own understanding, it means the sponsor is able to provide accommodation without access to public funds, with evidence such as tenancy agreement if rented or mortgage papers if owned. And if sharing accommodation with other people, that there is adequate space exclusive to both husband and wife.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 7:48am On Aug 01, 2022
[quote author=Eastner post=115262872]
From my own understanding, it means the sponsor is able to provide accommodation without access to public funds, with evidence such as tenancy agreement if rented or mortgage papers if owned. And if sharing accommodation with other people, that there is adequate space exclusive to both husband and wife.
[/quote

Thank you so much for the response. It helped clarify some things. Ive been looking at it wrong the whole time ��‍♀️. Please can i mail u?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2022
[quote author=Ladynonsoo post=115268924][/quote]
Glad to have given some clarification.
Yes, you can.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ray7878: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
Ladynonsoo:

Congratulations!! Was it a spousal visa? And how come u didnt do ielts and didnt pay ihs surcharge fee?wow

Because they are dependent visas via work. With spouse/settlement you do have to pay IHS and do IELTS.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ray7878:

Because they are dependent visas via work. With spouse/settlement you do have to pay IHS and do IELTS.
// oh thanks for the clarification
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexyp(m): 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
stanaik2000:
Hello everyone, please Is there anyone that applied for spouse visa and re-appealed, and the appealed was allowed, the UKVI contacted me to submit my passport and also do another Tuberculosis test, that the decision was overturn. So I submitted both passport and Tb test on the 31st of May,2022. But up till now, I am yet to get feedback from them. Do anyone have an idea how long it takes for them to respond? I was at Tls contact some days ago and I was told to keep checking my email… but it’s frustrating… will be glad if anyone can assist. Thanks.

Hi,please any news yet about return of your passport?cos am in same position now so need to know how many weeksots takes in total ,thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by eziezi90(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
FIANCÉ VISA APPROVED

Visa type - UK Fiance Visa (No dependant)

VAC - TLScontact @ Victoria Island

Official timeline - Standard (40WD to 60WD)

Online application - 02 February 2022 ($2,127 / £1,560)

TLScontact portal fees - £55 (₦35,800)

Additional portal services - £57 (Prime Time Appointment ₦37,000 & SMS ₦350)

07 Feb 2022 (1WD) - Submitted biometrics | Application transferred to DMC | Application received by DMC

06 Apr 2022 (42WD) - Email about case assigned to ECO

27 Apr 2022 (56WD) - Paid enquiry to UKVI | Same day reply of “your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision…”

3 May 2022 (59WD) - Local MP contacts UKVI via email | No response

11 May 2022 (65WD) - Email from UKVI about timeline increased from 60 to 120 WD

13 Jun 2022 (86WD) - Local MP sends a reminder email to UKVI | No response

13 Jun 2022 (86WD) - Paid enquiry to UKVI | Response on the following day stating that “your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision…”

25 Jul 2022 (116WD) - Paid enquiry to UKVI | Response on the following day stating that “your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision…”

28 July 2022 (119WD) - Email from UKVI saying “your application has not been straightforward…”

02 August 2022 (122WD) - Email from UKVI inviting me for an interview at the VAC. Fiance to be interviewed at the same time in the UK (separately)

04 August 2022 (124WD) - Attended interview at TLS Ikeja (Video call) | Questions were surrounding the authenticity of the relationship, as we haven’t physically seen each other in 10 years

08 August 2022 (126WD) - Email enquiry to UKVI, and response saying “a decision has been made on your application…”

15 August 2022 (131WD) - Application transferred to VAC & Application received by VAC update on TLS app | Email from TLS saying “passport is ready for collection…”

16 August 2022 - Passport picked up.

APPROVED!!

God be praised !!

Praying for everyone else waiting. God bless smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
eziezi90:
FIANCÉ VISA APPROVED

Visa type - UK Fiance Visa (No dependant)

VAC - TLScontact @ Victoria Island

Official timeline - Standard (40WD to 60WD)

Online application - 02 February 2022 ($2,127 / £1,560)

TLScontact portal fees - £55 (₦35,800)

Additional portal services - £57 (Prime Time Appointment ₦37,000 & SMS ₦350)

07 Feb 2022 (1WD) - Submitted biometrics | Application transferred to DMC | Application received by DMC

06 Apr 2022 (42WD) - Email about case assigned to ECO

27 Apr 2022 (56WD) - Paid enquiry to UKVI | Same day reply of “your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision…”

3 May 2022 (59WD) - Local MP contacts UKVI via email | No response

11 May 2022 (65WD) - Email from UKVI about timeline increased from 60 to 120 WD

13 Jun 2022 (86WD) - Local MP sends a reminder email to UKVI | No response

13 Jun 2022 (86WD) - Paid enquiry to UKVI | Response on the following day stating that “your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision…”

25 Jul 2022 (116WD) - Paid enquiry to UKVI | Response on the following day stating that “your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision…”

28 July 2022 (119WD) - Email from UKVI saying “your application has not been straightforward…”

02 August 2022 (122WD) - Email from UKVI inviting me for an interview at the VAC. Fiance to be interviewed at the same time in the UK (separately)

04 August 2022 (124WD) - Attended interview at TLS Ikeja (Video call) | Questions were surrounding the authenticity of the relationship, as we haven’t physically seen each other in 10 years

08 August 2022 (126WD) - Email enquiry to UKVI, and response saying “a decision has been made on your application…”

15 August 2022 (131WD) - Application transferred to VAC & Application received by VAC update on TLS app | Email from TLS saying “passport is ready for collection…”

16 August 2022 - Passport picked up.

APPROVED!!

God be praised !!

Praying for everyone else waiting. God bless smiley

Congratulations!!! A hefty Amen to your prayers!
Could you please provide the questions that were asked at your interview? Thank you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by eziezi90(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2022
Thanks so much.

Started with normal confirmation of bio questions

- When did you meet?

- What was your first date like?

- Where does your partner work? Job title? When was she employed? How much does she earn?

- Why have you not met all these years?

- Do you want to continue your Nigerian career path here in UK?

I said I was more interested in settling with my family as the distance is hurting our son and our ability to grow the family, and I know the fiancé visa doesn't allow me work.

- Do you have any other child? Does she have any other child? (No responses)

- have you ever been married? (No responses)

They asked my fiancé very similar questions.

Hope this helps ��

Eastner:

Congratulations!!! A hefty Amen to your prayers!
Could you please provide the questions that were asked at your interview? Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 5:06am On Aug 17, 2022
eziezi90:
Thanks so much.

Started with normal confirmation of bio questions

- When did you meet?

- What was your first date like?

- Where does your partner work? Job title? When was she employed? How much does she earn?
Oh, yes it does… very much, thank you.
- Why have you not met all these years?

- Do you want to continue your Nigerian career path here in UK?

I said I was more interested in settling with my family as the distance is hurting our son and our ability to grow the family, and I know the fiancé visa doesn't allow me work.

- Do you have any other child? Does she have any other child? (No responses)

- have you ever been married? (No responses)

They asked my fiancé very similar questions.

Hope this helps ��

Yes, it does. Thank you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by YankeeJJC(m): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lexyp:

Any update concerning the return of your passport? Has it gotten to you back?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexyp(m): 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
YankeeJJC:

Any update concerning the return of your passport? Has it gotten to you back?

Not yet o
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexyp(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hallelujah

Spouse visa,9th of June 2021
Denied February 2022
Appled March 2022
Court 9th of May 2022
Appeal allowed 23rd of May 2022
Passport Returned July 13th 2022
Delivered to me this evening by DHL 22nd August 2022
BTW i was at tls in the morning and was told its wasn't available yet and d call came in this evening around 4pm that have got a delivery by dhl.
Valid from 25/08/2022
Just want to say thanks to those that reply my questions even when i hardly see anyone to reply me lol,I did this so anyone in my shoes can easily have hope and not worry much.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by smokey12345: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2022
Pls i need your Urgent response on this and what to do, My sister went to pick up her Passport today and there was no refusal or rejection on it and the visa is not also there..

Thisis the message that was recieved on monday last week....

Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre, Lagos, Ikeja. Please carefully read the below instructions to retrieve your documents.

If you have made more than one application at the same time using the same email address, please wait until you have received email confirmations for each application before visiting this Visa Application Centre to collect your documents.
Collection in person

Please come with all of the following:

Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child) *
Collecting using a representative

It is not possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:

A parent collecting for a dependent child (where child is below 18);
Applicants 65 years and above (with already issued proxy form obtained during submission);
One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family, if applied together;
Government Ministry representatives and Business Network company representative, prior approved by the British High Commission and the company’s authorized signatories with a letter of introduction and a company ID card.
Please note that all third party collections above will require a means of national identification e.g. International Passport, National ID Card, Driver’s License.

IMPORTANT: If any of the above documents are missing, your representative will not be allowed to retrieve your travel document.

*In compliance with the Children Protection Act

You can check collection times and the centre address on the address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for a limited time. If you fail to collect your documents, they will be passed to UK Visas and Immigration, who will return them to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If you have already purchased the Courier service, your documents will be dispatched within 24 business hours from their receipt to be sent back to you by courier. You will receive a further email explaining the tracking process.

You can track the progress of your visa application by connecting to your account via GOV.UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
Lexyp:
Hallelujah

Spouse visa,9th of June 2021
Denied February 2022
Appled March 2022
Court 9th of May 2022
Appeal allowed 23rd of May 2022
Passport Returned July 13th 2022
Delivered to me this evening by DHL 22nd August 2022
BTW i was at tls in the morning and was told its wasn't available yet and d call came in this evening around 4pm that have got a delivery by dhl.
Valid from 25/08/2022
Just want to say thanks to those that reply my questions even when i hardly see anyone to reply me lol,I did this so anyone in my shoes can easily have hope and not worry much.

Congratulations!!! You must be so relieved and thrilled…I do think that you hardly got responses to your questions probably because , no one has had the experience of what you’re asking. I for one, only just applied in June.
So, please do not think anyone was deliberately neglecting you.
Once again, congratulations.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2022
smokey12345:
Pls i need your Urgent response on this and what to do, My sister went to pick up her Passport today and there was no refusal or rejection on it and the visa is not also there..

Thisis the message that was recieved on monday last week....

Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre, Lagos, Ikeja. Please carefully read the below instructions to retrieve your documents.

If you have made more than one application at the same time using the same email address, please wait until you have received email confirmations for each application before visiting this Visa Application Centre to collect your documents.
Collection in person

Please come with all of the following:

Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child) *
Collecting using a representative

It is not possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:

A parent collecting for a dependent child (where child is below 18);
Applicants 65 years and above (with already issued proxy form obtained during submission);
One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family, if applied together;
Government Ministry representatives and Business Network company representative, prior approved by the British High Commission and the company’s authorized signatories with a letter of introduction and a company ID card.
Please note that all third party collections above will require a means of national identification e.g. International Passport, National ID Card, Driver’s License.

IMPORTANT: If any of the above documents are missing, your representative will not be allowed to retrieve your travel document.

*In compliance with the Children Protection Act

You can check collection times and the centre address on the address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for a limited time. If you fail to collect your documents, they will be passed to UK Visas and Immigration, who will return them to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If you have already purchased the Courier service, your documents will be dispatched within 24 business hours from their receipt to be sent back to you by courier. You will receive a further email explaining the tracking process.

You can track the progress of your visa application by connecting to your account via GOV.UK.

I don’t have any experience in this. Your sister could go back to the TLS office to inform them and also call ukva office or use the paid Enquiry option online. She can check the gov.uk website for how to contact them. Others on this platform with more experience and knowledge can also advise you on what to do.
Mr Ray on page 501 gave a link for making complaint
https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration
She can try that as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.