Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039199 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 12:16am On Oct 08, 2022
zicobaba2012:
After advising to go to TLS to check if my passport is there I went yesterday 05/10/22 ,I was told my passport is not ready I left the place before I got home I received mail from TLS that my passport is ready after few hours I receive mail that my brp is ready too..thanks to ev@youniq
Glory be to God!
Spouse visa
Self upload
Category A (Standard)
Country of Application - Nigeria (Lagos)
Bio date - 08/04/2022
Notification of delay due to Ukraine crisis -11 /05/2022
BRP approval email from home office - 05/10/2022
Tls collection email - 05/10/2022
Passport collection - 06/10/2022
Visa validity - 3 months
Total waiting time - 120 working days.

More success stories for those still waiting for a decision.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by cliffjohnson: 8:54am On Oct 08, 2022
Good morning, house. Please help, I am currently in the UK on a tier 4 visa, I met a lady who is a British citizen, and we are thinking of getting married in the UK, but my concern is how long the notice of marriage will take before I get approval from the home office... Kindly help, anyone who has been through this process. Thank you!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2022
At least 29 days notice but the longer, the better incase UKVI needs to investigate before approving. Link for more details: https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/give-notice
cliffjohnson:
Good morning, house. Please help, I am currently in the UK on a tier 4 visa, I met a lady who is a British citizen, and we are thinking of getting married in the UK, but my concern is how long the notice of marriage will take before I get approval from the home office... Kindly help, anyone who has been through this process. Thank you!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tayo4567: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good afternoon guys. After when appeal is lodge do they tell someone to come and collect his/her passport?.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mranova(m): 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
Greenm5:

1. Marriage registered with any government agent - LGA, any court etc is acceptable.

2. It is highly advisable to include any further information to proof that the relationship is genuine and subsisting. Example pictures of the couple, messages, any document that shows the couple have lived together such as bills. Note that it is not a requirement that you guys must have lived together.

3. As above, LGAs are the most popular agency that conduct marriages.

4. General - once you start the online application you find out other supporting documents for the application.

5. Good luck!

Just curious did visa get approved with lga marriage certificate?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mhizdaniella96: 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2022
Does anyone rely on you for financial
support?
Include both those travelling with you
and those who are not when filling Uk visa form.
Please is this suppose to be yes or no if the husband is the main applicant and the wife is traveling along with him
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by businessnow: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
mimilyrics:
At least 29 days notice but the longer, the better incase UKVI needs to investigate before approving. Link for more details: https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/give-notice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by divinegrace4me: 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hi mimilyrics, Please kindly check your email, Thanks

mimilyrics:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by omo4me(f): 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Tayo4567:
Good afternoon guys. After when appeal is lodge do they tell someone to come and collect his/her passport?.
did you win your appeal?did you get a mail to resubmit your passport?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
Has any june applicant gotten an email yet? On other platforms ive been seeing alot of june. Nobody really updates here

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunletiwo(m): 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ladynonsoo:
Has any june applicant gotten an email yet? On other platforms ive been seeing alot of june. Nobody really updates here

My Bio was in June, got decision made, but yet to receive an approval mail.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
kunletiwo:

My Bio was in June, got decision made, but yet to receive an approval mail.

June what please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunletiwo(m): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ladynonsoo:

June what please?
8th of June. When was you bio date?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ladynonsoo(f): 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
kunletiwo:
8th of June. When was you bio date?

I’m sure u will get a mail by next week, if not u can try paid enquiry.

I’m 22nd june so hopefully soon too, the wait is crazy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunletiwo(m): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ladynonsoo:

I’m sure u will get a mail by next week, if not u can try paid enquiry.

I’m 22nd june so hopefully soon too, the wait is crazy

Hopefully!! Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Techangels: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2022
For those who have successfully applied for spousal visa need you input.

I am a British citizen in the uk. I will be sponsoring my wife’s visa shortly.

I have accommodation,
marriage certificate from ikoyI registry,
pictures of visit to Nigeria before marriage,
pictures of visit to Dubai after marriage after she was refused visit visa to uk due to financial reasons( she wanted to surprise me so applied for visit visa)
WhatsApp chat and WhatsApp call records.
I also have a job and meet the income threshold as I earn £27k annually (6months payslip)

She currently has no university degree yet and also I can’t afford a lawyer in the uk due to the cost . Costing about £3000 just the application and his feee. So looking to do it myself.

Will I be the one using my email to do the application from the UK ?
Or will I be the one doing the application but with her email as if she is the one applying herself due to the internet issues in Nigeria ?
If I am the one doing it I will be uploading all my documents and our marriage certificate online. So when she goes for biometric will they ask her for the documents again ? This is because I have them all with me in the uk.

In light of above a any other documents needed from me or her ? Apart from the TB test and the English test she has to do in Nigeria ?

I would appreciate input from those who have done it themselves without lawyers and how they went about it.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
1. Use her email but you can complete the application for her from the UK - Please make sure that all is filled correctly, she should also look it over before submitting.
2. Once documents are uploaded online, she doesn't need to take them for biometrics.
3. If there's anything that isn't clear on the application, explain with a cover letter.
Techangels:
For those who have successfully applied for spousal visa need you input.

I am a British citizen in the uk. I will be sponsoring my wife’s visa shortly.

I have accommodation,
marriage certificate from ikoyI registry,
pictures of visit to Nigeria before marriage,
pictures of visit to Dubai after marriage after she was refused visit visa to uk due to financial reasons( she wanted to surprise me so applied for visit visa)
WhatsApp chat and WhatsApp call records.
I also have a job and meet the income threshold as I earn £27k annually (6months payslip)

She currently has no university degree yet and also I can’t afford a lawyer in the uk due to the cost . Costing about £3000 just the application and his feee. So looking to do it myself.

Will I be the one using my email to do the application from the UK ?
Or will I be the one doing the application but with her email as if she is the one applying herself due to the internet issues in Nigeria ?
If I am the one doing it I will be uploading all my documents and our marriage certificate online. So when she goes for biometric will they ask her for the documents again ? This is because I have them all with me in the uk.

In light of above a any other documents needed from me or her ? Apart from the TB test and the English test she has to do in Nigeria ?

I would appreciate input from those who have done it themselves without lawyers and how they went about it.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Techangels: 10:05am On Nov 09, 2022
mimilyrics:
1. Use her email but you can complete the application for her from the UK - Please make sure that all is filled correctly, she should also look it over before submitting.
2. Once documents are uploaded online, she doesn't need to take them for biometrics.
3. If there's anything that isn't clear on the application, explain with a cover letter.

Thank you very much.

Oh yes I will be triple checking it all.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Zeinymira(f): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
mimilyrics:

Hi,

What documents will one submit for shared responsibility when applying for Dependent visa? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Xtardom(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2022
Please what’s the difference between this spouse setttlement visa and a dependent visa
I’m quite confused going through this trend
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2022
Spouse settlement visa - for those whose spouses have ILR/British passports.
Dependant visa - Spouses/children of those with time-limited visas.
Xtardom:
Please what’s the difference between this spouse setttlement visa and a dependent visa
I’m quite confused going through this trend
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 10:27am On Nov 15, 2022
Household bills, children's upkeep: tuition, holidays, maintenance.
Zeinymira:

Hi,

What documents will one submit for shared responsibility when applying for Dependent visa? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2022
Thank You Jesus! At long last! Approval mail received!
Spouse Visa
Category A( Standard)
Application date: 15th June
Biometrics: 21st June
Generic Eco Mail: 28th July
Approval Mail: 15th November, although dated 11th November.
104WD in total.
Awaiting mail to go collect my passport.
Wishing everyone all the best!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
Eastner:
Thank You Jesus! At long last! Approval mail received!
Spouse Visa
Category A( Standard)
Application date: 15th June
Biometrics: 21st June
Generic Eco Mail: 28th July
Approval Mail: 15th November, although dated 11th November.
104WD in total.
Awaiting mail to go collect my passport.
Wishing everyone all the best!

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2022
youniq:

Congratulations!
Thank you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yomisley: 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My wife was ban 4yrs ago at the UK embassy due to some fake document an agent use in her application and we just got married few months ago and i want to apply for a work visa and i want my wife to accompany. I am the main applicant, not my wife. Please, what are our chances.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by temmyblaze001: 5:47am On Nov 24, 2022
Good day all, pls I have few questions to ask so that I can prepare for dependant visa application by January.

1. Is #5million enough for prove of funds

2. I will be getting married early January and I intend to start the application process by mid January, pls I hope there won't be a problem because of the closeness.

3. Aside marriage certificate, what other things are necessarily required to show proof.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Only the ECO can say what your chances are. It is usually dicey on a points-based visa and easier to tackle on a non-point based visa. Worst case scenario, you two might need to leave apart till you get your ILR and are able to apply for a non-PBS route.
yomisley:
Hi Everyone,

My wife was ban 4yrs ago at the UK embassy due to some fake document an agent use in her application and we just got married few months ago and i want to apply for a work visa and i want my wife to accompany. I am the main applicant, not my wife. Please, what are our chances.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AHUPEACE: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2022
Hello everyone
Does spouse visa have priority service ? How long does it take to process spouse visa,have been to the Uk twice though��
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2022
temmyblaze001:
Good day all, pls I have few questions to ask so that I can prepare for dependant visa application by January.

1. Is #5million enough for prove of funds

2. I will be getting married early January and I intend to start the application process by mid January, pls I hope there won't be a problem because of the closeness.

3. Aside marriage certificate, what other things are necessarily required to show proof.
I don’t know about question 1, but I’ve seen people apply immediately after marriage. It’s all about proving the genuineness of your relationship.
Asides the marriage certificate, you need to upload copies of your pre-marriage pics, wedding pics, post wedding(if you have), stamps &/or visas, audio calls, video calls, Skype or WhatsApp chats etcera. Anything that proves your relationship is subsisting and genuine
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
AHUPEACE:
Hello everyone
Does spouse visa have priority service ? How long does it take to process spouse visa,have been to the Uk twice though��
At the moment, there’s no priority service. It used to take 120working days or 24weeks. But lately , it’s been taking about 5months. Mine took 104working days. Hopefully, the number of days will reduce drastically and they resume priority service

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.