Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Who's The World's Best Football Coach? - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (43591 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by somze(f): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2007
I believe Valencia lost 3-0 to Real.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2007
@ somze,
Yes!! anything to the contrary?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by somze(f): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2007
nope
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2007
i think inter are cursed. that year 2001/2002, i thought they will win the scudetto but alas juve took it. my best scudetto moment had to be when roma won it against parma. italian futball is just crazy. how i wish the final game was against lazio then and roma won.

italy still has the players to light up the world. ibra, pirlo, kaka, de rossi, mancini, pandev, totti, aquilliani, etc these players are highly technical.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2007
somze:

I could go crazy for that guy. Then there was Zinedine Zidane for Torino plus Edgar freaking Davidz.

What about Drogba playing for Fullham?You no remember that one? grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by hustler(m): 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2007
I really feel the Dutch Master Van Basten could have been one of the best strikers ever if not for that injury.

One player that can be easily compared to him now is Zlatan Ibracadabra. Do u know that Fabio Capello used to show Ibra, Van basten clips just so he could model his game like his. And i must say they play alike but Ibra still has a lot to prove.

What about the great Fiorentina squad that had Batigol, Rui Costa,Toricelli (before he moved Juve) Abel balbo. Was it Marchegianni in Fiorentina or at Lazio. I think it was Lazio anyway. Fio had Giovanni the Trap at the helm then and he did well for them.

Amoruso and Bierhoff was a deadly one. But who remembers Vialli and Ravanelli for Juventus Even Del Piero and Pippo was a prolific partnership. Then u had Crespo and Lopez for Lazio. Can we rewind the hands of time somebody?? The football played in those days use to be out of this world. Even Montella and Mancini at Sampdoria.

When i look at some young players in the serie a now.i feel those days of fantastic strong clubs and players could come back. Check out these young and hot players, I pray premiership clubs dont woo them away with big money offers

Lavezzi of Napoli. This guy is just 22 and just arrived from San Lorenzo in Argentina and has been playing wonderful football. Napoli fans think he is the next maradona. He is too much. Who saw the recent Napoli Juve game??

Hamsik of Napoli again. This smallie is just 20 and from Slovakia. The first time i saw him was in Serie b last season when i was following Juve. He was in Brescia under the volatile Serse Cosmi and this lad caught my eye with excellent displays in serie b. i thot he would struggle to adapt to serie a but look at what he has done for Napoli already.

Walter Gargano of Napoli again 23 yrs. Napoli try for dem transfer campaign o. Who saw Gargano's goals against Roma and against Juve. i dont know which one to pick for current goal of the season. He will go places

Alberto Aquilani. All the talk here has been about Iniesta and Fabregas. But Aquilani is just right up there just that he has been affected by a hash of injuries lately and seems injury prone. has made the senior team and is a wonderful player. Arsenal desperate need him but dont think they will he wants to be a romanista for life

Others are Ricardo Montolivo of Fiorentina and his friend Giampaolo Pazzini, Rosina of Torino, Antonio Nocerino of Juve, matteo Paro of Genoa, and lets not forget the little Giovinco of Juve but has been loaned to Empoli. This guy is about barely 5ft tall but makes up for it in skill,trickery,speed and football sense.

Not Surprising no smallie to talk about in Milan cuz we know d problem with them.

I can smell the glory days coming back again if these premiership clubs steer clear. Guys your other suggestions for young players who might bring back these moments.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by hustler(m): 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2007
I-man:

What about Drogba playing for Fullham?You no remember that one? grin grin

LOL @ I-Man .

The guy prolly thinks we are discussing ESPN Fantasy Football here. Pls forgive him.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by somze(f): 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2007
I-man
Immaturity

Why don't you paste it all over, better still follow me around the place and paste it right after my past, that should win you an award abi?

Just noticed you have a companion now . . . you guys can join up forces, then go around nairaland pasting it, show that you are professors of sports and you started watching football before anyone else. Since you got nothing else to do.

Imagine in another thread where I'm talking about shady penalty decisions you bring this in to discredit me, even after I explain what I meant. Dude you are immature, simple and plain, got nothing else to say to you.

When I go to sleep please continue with your sheninigans.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by folahann(m): 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2007
Infact do you know what
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:18am On Nov 01, 2007
guys lets stop hating, one thing i noticed now is that all EPL lovers hardly post reply here. Now that we are talking of real futbal, italian and german futbal, they have nothing to say. could this be because they have nothing to say or they just started watching futball?

hey
TKB417
and
RICHBOY
reply.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:28am On Nov 01, 2007
one thing i noticed now is that all EPL lovers hardly post reply here. Now that we are talking of real futbal, italian and german futbal, they have nothing to say. could this be because they have nothing to say or they just started watching futball?

Good question
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by somze(f): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2007
Dayo, gabriel and other self proclaimed . . . i started watching football from birth people

If one does not choose to concentrate on a certain league it means he does not watch football abi?

OK when you are ready I have a few questions about the Nigerian, South African and the MLS leagues.

If you claim to know so much about football, please just reply to this so I can direct my questions to you.

Italian and German football is now real football meaning EPL, la liga and co is fake abi . . . what wont I see on nairaland
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 7:45am On Nov 01, 2007
@gabrielgb
 grin grin grin
May i ask you what gives you impressions that both of us can argue SERIE A?
Let me give you a sensible answer. Im a Manchester United fan and i support AC partially cos i grew up hearing the greatests in the game play for AC and a sensible person will always love AC.

The days are getting short by the day, Arsenal vs United is drawing near and i have a host of Ass-anal fans to contend with and besides i cant see any issue being dragged here, instead you guys are re-living past memoirs.

I dont think we started watching soccer the same time, with the way you lay emphasis on " you must comment on serie A or else you dont know soceer" Thats loads of twaddle bros.

EPL,Serie A,La Liga,Bundesliga et al are all leagues i can discuss. Not only Serie A. So tape it shut if you do not have issues to drag. If you do, direct it to me and ill kindly school you soccer grin grin

And check it for the records, apart from I-man and Somze, the protagonists in this thread are those whose teams are not in the EPL, so whats all the noise of comment or you dont know soccer?
Like i said earlier on, throw Serie A issues at me, past or present and ill gladly be of help.
I hope, that solves the probs
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 7:48am On Nov 01, 2007
@Dayokanu
I hope too much beer has not been affecting your sanity? i don't know when supporting the Manchester United has equalled 'No knowledge of soccer'.  ive said it times without number, apply reason, wisdom and sence when posting
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 8:11am On Nov 01, 2007
In the early/mid 90's the Serie A was it. If you were watching football as at that time most of your attention would be on the Serie A The EPL was not up to grade then. It was even in the late 90's that the La Liga bounced back.

So most discussion of European football in the early to mid 90's would be about the Serie A.

TKB,

I know you inside out, so I don't have to yab you in public. What do you know apart from Man Utd? The only thing you know about other leagues

you hear it from me. FACT!! What do you know about Bundesliga and Serie A nowadays? So coming here to challenge me would be very embarrassing for you

Its like bringing a knife to a gunfight Bro!! grin grin cos like I told you earlier, When I am giving you all those info I still manage to withold some because

of times like this when you would come to challenge me. Don't even dare!! tongue tongue

Reason, wisdom and sense does not come with watching Man Utd alone nor does it come from watching soccer from 1998 downwards.

@ Somze,

If you don't know about the major top leagues in Europe then you can't claim to have a deep knowledge of European football. Try and be a bit more rounded on all

leagues though you might have a bias for some leagues like I do for the Bundesliga.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 8:27am On Nov 01, 2007
In the early/mid 90's the Serie A was it. If you were watching football as at that time most of your attention would be on the Serie A The EPL was not up to grade then. It was even in the late 90's that the La Liga bounced back.

So most discussion of European football in the early to mid 90's would be about the Serie A.

TKB,

I know you inside out, so I don't have to yab you in public. What do you know apart from Man Utd? The only thing you know about other leagues

you hear it from me. FACT!! What do you know about Bundesliga and Serie A nowadays? So coming here to challenge me would be very embarrassing for you

Its like bringing a knife to a gunfight Bro!! because like I told you earlier, When I am giving you all those info I still manage to withold some because

of times like this when you would come to challenge me. Don't even dare!!

Reason, wisdom and sense does not come with watching Man Utd alone nor does it come from watching soccer from 1998 downwards.

If its jokes, or any other thing, Let this be the last time in your LIFE, i mean in your LIFE you say that.
YOU tell me soccer? how where and what will be the ocassion?
I cant remember arguing soccer with you if not Manchester United issues, 1998 downwards is meant for someone like you. AC before the treble has always been my team, serie A used to be my focus also.

See, using the internet to say rubbish is not only childsplay but smacks immmaturity to a level i cant comprehend. Me and you? now i know youre an embodiment of bollocks.

Let me tell you something, supporting Manchester United doesnt mean i woke up yesterday to start watching soccer.

Talk is cheap as they say, empty barrels make noise, that i know. But please, dont u say you tell me soccer again, not only on this blog, anywhere else. abeggi. who dash monkey banana. you of all people
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2007
im waiting for a duel with you, past and present soccer minus Bundesliga.

And dont come with your FOUR teams have won all european cups.
At least, i can attest to the fact that i TKB schooled you on that.

Waiting, will soon visit my clients. Any more shits from you?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2007
And don't come with your FOUR teams have won all european cups.
At least, i can attest to the fact that i TKB schooled you on that.

Yeah Bayern Munich, Juventus, Ajax have won all 3 but regarding the one I withheld back, I did not tell you that Barcelona won the UEFA cup Winners Cup in 1989 and The

Fairs cup that Metamorphosed into the UEFA cup in 1966. Key learning point for you. You see the effect of half education? grin tongue
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2007
@ All
i think this thread is about the world's best coach anyway since its all about past Serie A and gabrielgb wants my head cos im not saying anything. yeah right.

We all have been talking about the serie A and nobody has said anything about NAPOLI. i think Napoli deserves a place in the history books of serie A. Although, they have also gone by the way side just like most of the old serie A clubs, Napoli to me has  a rich vein of history considering what Maradona, careca, Fonseca etc did. Im sure they were italian champions at some points and also players that later lit of the premierships like Zola were very active at some points in Napoli.

@gabrielgb
at what point did you start supporting AC? my love for AC started when the famous Barcelona team that had players like Koeman, Stoichkov,Romario,Hagi, Bakero and Laudrup were beaten at the 93-94 UCL finals. that to me remains the best UCL final that i have seen till date and im hoping to see a repeat of that in the nearest future. Although ill wish Manchester United to be the team winning grin grin

And can you tell me why all Arsenal fans like talking about unbeaten runs? what will AC supporters say about being that went 58 games unbeaten in the past? im sure Arsenal wasnt up to 50. Thanks to my boi. RRROOOOOONNEEY.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2007
Yeah Bayern Munich, Juventus, Ajax have won all 3 but regarding the one I withheld back, I did not tell you that Barcelona won the UEFA cup Winners Cup in 1989 and The

Fairs cup that Metamorphosed into the UEFA cup in 1966. Key learning point for you. You see the effect of half education
you see your life outside? wo aye e nita?

Barcelona has won just two european trophies.
UCL twice, and the winners cup 4 times

The trophy was called the fairs cup in 1966 not UEFA cup. You don't know anything. Na you get half education
Ask anybody, they will tell you Bayern, Ajax and Juve are the only teams that have won the trophies called
UCL
Winners cup
UEFA cup    not inter-cities fair cup. olodo rabata
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:19am On Nov 01, 2007
@dayokanu
i cant remember or seeing anywhere, bayern , Juventus,AC, Manchester United ,Real Madrid, etc playing in the inter-cities fair cup so whats your problem?

The last time i checked, Barcelona played some combined shits to win the thingy. Does that equal UEFA cup? olodo oshi
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2007
@ All
i think this thread is about the world's best coach

We had already concluded that one.

Hitzfeld is the best coach based on Champions league trophies, Fergies is king when it comes to local laurels. Sound like a local Champion. grin grin

Wenger is it when talking about creche or Shell cup football that hardly win trophies. grin grin Capello is the best Journeyman coach. winning leagues at every stop.

Guy Roux is the best coach based on (loyalty) the lenght of time spent with a club.

SO choose your basis that you think is reasonable; if its playing school boy football that hardly wins, or being a local Champ, or staying at one club for life

as for me and my camp, we would choose the Champions league which is the gathering of great coaches. OTTMAR HITZFELD !!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:31am On Nov 01, 2007
ure not serious
i told you before Hitzfield is my choice and ill choose Ancellotti too cos 2 titles and with the way the guy gets to semi and finals just like the thing is being played at his backyard makes me wonder.

So change the title of this thread to Serie A old memories or come and battle me(dayokanu) tongue idiot
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2007
@dayokanu
i can't remember or seeing anywhere, bayern , Juventus,AC, Manchester United ,Real Madrid, etc playing in the inter-cities fair cup so whats your problem?

They might be busy with the UEFA champions league those years so what is your problem with that?

The last time i checked, Barcelona played some combined shits to win the thingy. Does that equal UEFA cup? olodo oshi

Barcelona has won just two european trophies.
UCL twice, and the winners cup 4 times

The trophy was called the fairs cup in 1966 not UEFA cup. You don't know anything. Na you get half education
Ask anybody, they will tell you Bayern, Ajax and Juve are the only teams that have won the trophies called
UCL
Winners cup
UEFA cup not inter-cities fair cup. olodo rabata

So because Champions league was erstwhile called Champions cup so those clubs that have won Champions cup can't be said to have won Champions league?

That means Celtic, Notthingham Forest, Aston Villa, Benfica and the winners of Old have not won UCL before and that Man Utd and bayern Munich are equal on

number of trophies won? 10 yrs old Just continue with your premiership argument and don't let people know you are this uninformed and empty grin grin Awwh

I am not sure but I think the world cup was formerly called the Jules Rimet trophy in honor of the FIFA president then. SO we can say that countries who won the

Jules Rimet cup have never won the World Cup? I thought you mentioned something about 10 year old thinking earlier??
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:58am On Nov 01, 2007
So because Champions league was erstwhile called Champions cup so those clubs that have won Champions cup can't be said to have won Champions league?

That means Celtic, Notthingham Forest, Aston Villa, Benfica and the winners of Old have not won UCL before and that Man Utd and bayern Munich are equal on

number of trophies won? 10 years old Just continue with your premiership argument and don't let people know you are this uninformed and empty     Awwh

I am not sure but I think the world cup was formerly called the Jules Rimet trophy in honor of the FIFA president then. SO we can say that countries who won the

Jules Rimet cup have never won the World Cup? I thought you mentioned something about 10 year old thinking earlier??

God dammit!!!!
Oh my dayzzzzz!!!!!!
you are the most empty person ive seen in my life

Let me school you again. dayokanu, you are empty for real

The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup was a European football competition played between 1955 and 1971. As the name suggests, the competition was set up to promote international trade fairs.   Friendly games were regularly held between teams from cities holding trade fairs and it was from these games that the competition evolved. The competition was initially only open to teams from cities that hosted trade fairs and where these teams finished in their national league had no relevance. Early competitions also featured a one city, one team rule. After 1968 it was sometimes referred to as the Runners Up Cup, with teams now qualifying based on league position. In 1971 it was replaced by the UEFA Cup. The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup is not regarded as a UEFA competition by UEFA

FACTS
League standing wasnt a criteria for playing it. Real Madrid, AC Milan, Manchester United, et al didnt play not because they were busy with champions league as you wrongly stated but because only teams whose cities are holding trade fairs play it.
It was later called Runners up Cup grin grin grin( you can add that to european trophies also)
UEFA not TKB 417 will not regard it as a UEFA competition

See, this guy, when you talk too much and you think supporting Bayern is what makes you know soccer, HELL NO.
youre a cry baby and a little boi that doesnt know anything.
Sulk and cry and admit you know ZILCH and you just goofed. i know how to put peeps like you in your category.

You and my 10 year old cousin argue like they gave birth to you on the same day grin grin grin.

PS: champions league is regarded by UEFA as UCL
Inter cities fairs cup is not regarded by UEFA as a UEFA competition.

KING FAHD CUP is world cup according to dayokanu tongue tongue tongue
Go back to school meeeen.

does it have annything to do with beer consumption?
or why will you call Arsenal a mid-table team?
see argue footie like you know, ok? i no be your mate laiai. not in this life, maybe the next one grin grin grin
Again apply wisdom, reason and sence to whatever you say in public. Thats what i do always, it will help you
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2007
God dammit!!!!
Oh my dayzzzzz!!!!!!
you are the most empty person ive seen in my life

Let me school you again. dayokanu, you are empty for real

The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup was a European football competition played between 1955 and 1971. As the name suggests, the competition was set up to promote international trade fairs. Friendly games were regularly held between teams from cities holding trade fairs and it was from these games that the competition evolved. The competition was initially only open to teams from cities that hosted trade fairs and where these teams finished in their national league had no relevance. Early competitions also featured a one city, one team rule. After 1968 it was sometimes referred to as the Runners Up Cup, with teams now qualifying based on league position. In 1971 it was replaced by the UEFA Cup. The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup is not regarded as a UEFA competition by UEFA

FACTS
League standing wasnt a criteria for playing it. Real Madrid, AC Milan, Manchester United, et al didnt play not because they were busy with champions league as you wrongly stated but because only teams whose cities are holding trade fairs play it.
It was later called Runners up Cup ( you can add that to european trophies also)
UEFA not TKB 417 will not regard it as a UEFA competition

See, this guy, when you talk too much and you think supporting Bayern is what makes you know soccer, HELL NO.
youre a cry baby and a little boi that doesnt know anything.
Sul and cry and admit you know ZILCH because i know how to put peeps like you in your category.

You and my 10 year old argue like they gave birth to you on the same day.

PS: champions league is regarded by UEFA as UCL
Inter cities fairs cup is not regarded by UEFA as a UEFA competition.

KING FAHD CUP is world cup according to dayokanu
Go back to school meeeen.

does it have anything to do with beer consumption?
or why will you call Arsenal a mid-table team?
see argue footie like you know, ok? i no be your mate laiai. not in this life, maybe the next one

After 1968 it was sometimes referred to as the Runners Up Cup, with teams now qualifying based on league position

League standing wasnt a criteria for playing it

Can you agree those 2 statements you made in your earlier post

King Fahd is not Analogous to world cup It is to the Confederations cup played between Champions of each continent. Nigeria played in 1995 as African Champs

This guy why you keep embarrassing yourself From UEFAwebsite we have this "The UEFA Cup is the successor of the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, which was founded on 18 April 1955."
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2007
@Dayokanu
i have work to do and i hope you will get this the last time

FACTS
Inter cities fair cup- League standing wasnt a criteria. Teams that cities orgainze fairs play it
RUnners up Cup- League standing mattered (after 1968)
1971- Runners cup was replaced by UEFA cup

when it was inter cities fair cup, Barcelona won it and UEFA has nothing to do with that. BARCELONA never won the Runners Up cup DAYOKANU.
is it simple now for you.

The trophies that barcelona has won are
UCL
Winners
Inter-cities fair cup ( wasnt a UEFA competition)

Are we clear now, and can we go back to work pleaseeee. haba
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2007
Inter cities fair cup- League standing wasnt a criteria. Teams that cities orgainze fairs play it
RUnners up Cup- League standing mattered (after 1968)
1971- Runners cup was replaced by UEFA cup

when it was inter cities fair cup, Barcelona won it and UEFA has nothing to do with that. BARCELONA never won the Runners Up cup DAYOKANU.
is it simple now for you.

The trophies that barcelona has won are
UCL
Winners
Inter-cities fair cup ( wasnt a UEFA competition)

Are we clear now, and can we go back to work pleaseeee. haba

based on the logic or analogy, we can also say that the initial edition of the WORLD cup did not include all the countries of the world. and even

participating countries was based on invitation and not qualifiers so that means all the countries that won then would not be categorised as

WORLD Cup winners following your logic.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

Lets us stay on the topic and letz forget the chronicles of Serie A and Bundesliga.

I still believe Alex Ferguson is the best football manager in the entire world.
There is no manager in the world(living or dead) that can match the number of titles Fergie has under his belt.
He is the manager of managers . . . .

Dont get me wrong . . . . .
Ottmar Hitzfeld, Marcello Lippi and Fabio Capello are close but they are not by any means greater than SAF.
Sir Alex Ferguson is a living LEGEND.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2007
We had already concluded that one.

Hitzfeld is the best coach based on Champions league trophies, Fergies is king when it comes to local laurels

Wenger is it when talking about creche or Shell cup football that hardly win trophies. grin grin Capello is the best Journeyman coach. winning leagues at every stop.

Guy Roux is the best coach based on (loyalty) the lenght of time spent with a club.

SO choose your basis that you think is reasonable; if its playing school boy football that hardly wins, or by the number of local trophies, or staying at one club for life

as for me and my camp, we would choose the Champions league which is the gathering of great coaches. OTTMAR HITZFELD !!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2007
@Dayokanu
The difference is this. the competition ure talking about was organized by FIFA
the Inter city fairs cup wasnt organized by UEFA.

Thats the simplest answer i can give

@Jackal
For me, Hitzfield,Ancellotti, SAF are top dawgs.
SAF has a plethora of local titles, UCL,winners cup, and some intercontinental trophies so give it to him man.
But, Jackal, Hitzfield has 2 UCL titles which is awesome with 2 different clubs!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
@ tkb417,

Dont be fooled by Dayokanu's antics.
Lets sum up the overall achievements in terms of titles won, man-management, player development and continuity.
You are making it sound as if Ferguson never won anything in Europe . . . . .He won with Aberdeen and Man Utd.

Now lets look at the areas where Hitzfeld does not measure up.
Hitzfeld has not won 1/3 of the titles Ferguson has won as a manager.
Ferguson has been managing Man Utd now for over 2 decades(continuity). If he's not good . . . . he would have been kicked out.

Alex Ferguson's man management skills cannot be quantified . . . . .he is simply a GENIUS.
The Knight not only unearth global brands like Beckham and Scholes . . .he made football managers out of the players that played under him.
Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Bryan Robson and Keano(Premiership) and the managers of Scotland and Celtic were all Fergie's students.

Where are the former students of Hitzfeld.
The last time i checked, i heard Effenberg and Carsten Jancker are into porn industry.
Being a great manager is NOT ONLY about winning titles in Europe . . .
It is about ruthlessness, leadership, bravery, knowledge of the game, a willingness to trust one's instincts and to be decisive.

Now tell me . . . . .Do u really think Capello and Hitzfeld come close to Alex Ferguson?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

AFCON: Huges Ngouelondele, DR Congo Sports Minister Beaten On Arrival / Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President / Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M To ASJ Of Eziobodo, First Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.