Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Who's The World's Best Football Coach? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (43507 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2007
Sorry 2 spoil your show,but there is no such thing as 'worlds best coach'.There are good coaches,very good coaches,and great coaches.saf,aw,mourinho,anceloti,etc all fal within d 'great coaches',u can't jus single 1 out and cal him d 'worlds best'
Times and times again, people win awards at the end of the season as the best coach in leagues and all over the world. We have had awards as coach of the century before, so Richboi, what are you talking about?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by TawaTemi1(f): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2007
Morinho anyday, anytime,
He no fear anybody.
Thats my guy ooooooooo
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboi: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2007
Tkb
ur getin it al wrong.Those awards u talked about r given 2 d best manager in a PARTICULAR season.d topic is askin 4 d best manager in d world,how do u calculate dat acurately?d coach of d century u talked about is oviously inacurate,n there wil b a lot of politics involved in it.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Chuckdee(m): 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2007
Looking at current standings, I do pick Arsen Wenger.

Though he is my coach any time any day!!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by bash673(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2007
These gunners are always making noise but the moment they Meet with Man U they will play like they are afraid. How many champions league title has he won in his capacity as a coach. You talk of being the best. GERRRRRROUT
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2007
are you guys talking about EPL best coach or World best?
analytically, besides JM and Benitez no other coach in EPL should realy e mentioned. Why?
Sir ferguson is spending his 20something season in Man u just one CL to show for is to be honest that is not a good record for a world class coach, Wenger is in 11 season just two lousy final in Euro CL and Uefa cup (not to forget that they were beaten by galatasaray form Turkey and you call him a great coach?) and for the beautyful futbal arsenal plays what good is a beautyful Limo car if it can not get to ur destination? arsenal are like that they good and loose good. let both coach proove themselves and perform in another club.

So taken record and trophies in consideration this are the best coaches in the WORLD (in no particular order)
Ancelloti (took juve to the final of Cl and own it in his 2nd season with milan and currently)

Ottma HItz, (won with different clubs dotmund and munich with lost of budensliga)

capello (you dont have to like him but he does the job won the CL with Milan and wins the leauge in every club he goes
to irrespective of the country and he hardly spend more than 3 seasons in each club he either leaves or get sacked LOL)

Lippi ( whao CL, seria a, WC the only coach in the world to do that.)

JM (Porto couldn't have wont it with out him and he keeps winning trophies, also he has the mentallity of other great coach; he desided to leave and find another hunting ground bravo i realy dont like him though.)

Benithez( won it in his first season with liverpool with a more limited resources than wenger's arsenal and still got there again i mean CL.)

All this coaches have one thing in common, the all coach more than one club or country won CL and their respective home leauge and none of them ever stayed up to 10 years in a club.

If you dont agree with me then post and proove me wrong.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboi: 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2007
Gabriel
wenger is not a great coach?And benitez is?Aparently ur knowledge of football is abysmal.since wen did winin cl bcom d primary criteria 4 judging a great coach.
And benitez is a beta coach dan saf?GOD!Ur enourmous ignorance is evident in overwhelming proportions.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2007
Gabriel
wenger is not a great coach?And benitez is?Aparently your knowledge of football is abysmal.since when did winin cl bcom d primary criteria 4 judging a great coach.
And benitez is a beta coach dan saf?GOD!your enourmous ignorance is evident in overwhelming proportions.

Dude the man got to 1 CL final in 23 years to me he is a lousy coach benitez is better no question about that just look at the teams he won trophies with and compare SAF's team.
Well me way of knowing great coaches are coaches who dont spend decades in a single club let him proove himself in another club i guess i cant do that no. I insist you cant realy measure Wenger and SAF with what they have achieved now.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Rockie: 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2007
best coach ? of course its stephen keshi, he qualified lowly togo for the w/cup. jose, saf, wenger, benitez, capello, heizfield cannot try it.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by chidnosky: 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2007
No such Thing as the worlds best coach. If you say Wenger is the prudent coach coach then that's fine . But think of achievements he has achieved less compared to coaches like Ancelloti, Hitzfeld, Fegurson, Mourinho, Del Bosque and so on.
Wenger is not an achiever outside the shores of England, he's not evn the best in England. Mourinho has achieved more in a shor time.

PORTO:

SuperLiga: 2002/03, 2003/04

Portuguese Cup: 2002/03

UEFA Cup: 2002/03

Champions League: 2003/04

CHELSEA:

Premier League: 2004/05, 2005/06

FA Cup: 2006/07

League Cup: 2004/05, 2006/07

Community Shield: 2005

Premier League Manager of the Year: 2004/05, 2005/06

LIFETIME BLUE!!!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:35am On Oct 05, 2007
are you guys talking about EPL best coach or World best?
analytically, besides JM and Benitez no other coach in EPL should realy e mentioned. Why?
Sir ferguson is spending his 20something season in Man u just one CL to show for is to be honest that is not a good record for a world class coach, Wenger is in 11 season just two lousy final in Euro CL and Uefa cup (not to forget that they were beaten by galatasaray form Turkey and you call him a great coach?) and for the beautyful futbal arsenal plays what good is a beautyful Limo car if it can not get to your destination? arsenal are like that they good and loose good. let both coach proove themselves and perform in another club.

So taken record and trophies in consideration this are the best coaches in the WORLD (in no particular order)
Ancelloti (took juve to the final of Cl and own it in his 2nd season with milan and currently)

Ottma HItz, (won with different clubs dotmund and munich with lost of budensliga)

capello (you don't have to like him but he does the job won the CL with Milan and wins the leauge in every club he goes
to irrespective of the country and he hardly spend more than 3 seasons in each club he either leaves or get sacked LOL)

Lippi ( whao CL, seria a, WC the only coach in the world to do that.)

JM (Porto couldn't have wont it with out him and he keeps winning trophies, also he has the mentallity of other great coach; he desided to leave and find another hunting ground bravo i realy don't like him though.)

Benithez( won it in his first season with liverpool with a more limited resources than wenger's arsenal and still got there again i mean CL.)

All this coaches have one thing in common, the all coach more than one club or country won CL and their respective home leauge and none of them ever stayed up to 10 years in a club.

If you don't agree with me then post and proove me wrong

Gabriel, May God Bless you with this analysis. infact I need your email address. A coach plays Champions league year in year out and he does not win any yet he is the best coach in the world? Hear yourself.
Then they say he plays beautiful football, what is the meaning of that!! Football is about winning. This is analogous to a child that fails an exam every time yet you console yourself that he has a fine handwriting. what balderdash!!

Then for Ferguson, 1 champions league in 21 years or better still in 16 years (after the ban) is not good enough a record, Infact he got to the final only that time. Just once in 16 years oh gosh I am sure Yemi Tella would have done better. I think he is going for Guy Roux record in Auxerre- coached a team for about 50 years
I personally dont regard local titles or Celtic should be one of European best. what of Juventus loads of local titles but under performing in Europe. Real Madrid and AC Milan are the best teams in Europe because of the number of European titles they have won.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:36am On Oct 05, 2007
@Gabriel
Yep ure right with those comments. Lippi,Hitzfield Ancellotti ranks top.
@Dayokanu
You are just a hater. Winning Local titles isnt a feat to be celebrated accoding to you. Your certificate will be withdrawn from you soon
@Ritchboi
You need a pschiatrist if you persists with your claptrap on this your arsenal jargon. You are almost as lame as your tots anytime you spew footie .You need a check up.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2007
@Dayokanu
You are just a hater. Winning Local titles isn't a feat to be celebrated according to you. Your certificate will be withdrawn from you soon

So if somebody triumph at home and does not do well in the continent. Do you think that person should be heralded as one of the best?
WHy are we not talking about Paul le Guen? Paul le Guen should be a celebrated coach for winning many French titles with Lyon- 3 in a row. I bet if he had won 2 champions league with Lyon in that period he would be rated as a top coach.
Juve has won more local titles than Milan but in europe Milan is more respected. I wont rate Hitzfeld by the number of local titles he has won rather I would rate him based on Champions league title[b]s[/b] (with a bold S) he has won.

You mentioned Ancellotti, why? how many local titles has he won? but he has won titles (with a capital S meaning more than one) grin grin in Europe
So tell Baba to up his game and win a second one. a club cant be getting to the Champions league final once in 31 years and they would be rated tops UP your game Devils!! so you have to wait till 2030 for Man U's next final appearance 1968, 1999,, complete the sequence grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2007
i hate to argue with you. i wish i had a gun or some WMDs. send it to Ojin Jolayemi or where in hell are you?
Ok. Fergie has admitted a UCL title isnt a good feat for him so sharrap. We just saw the list together that put Fergie in the top 5 best coaches grin grin grin
So go to hell and hate the more.

if not for the plane crash(Busby babes, United would have won more titles than Bayern). We will win the UCL this year tongue tongue
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by kalipso(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2007
Ancelloti, Hitzfeld, Fegurson have made their marks respectively. I strongly feel A. Wenger is the best now. He is transformed kids to accomplished World class Players. He's invented a brand of football in Arsenal. U cant ask for more, woud U?, Wenger is unaguably the best.

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2007
Wenger is a very good coach. whoever says he's not must be a joker.
He can beat any team in the world and he's done that in the past with relative ease.
Ask Madrid,Juve,Inter et al.
He needs to cap it with a UCL title so he can enjoy that title.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2007
if not for the plane crash(Busby babes, United would have won more titles than Bayern)

The Munich air disaster took place on February 6, 1958, when British European Airways Flight 609 crashed on its third attempt to takeoff from a slush-covered runway at the Munich-Riem airport in Munich, Germany. On board the plane was the Manchester United football team, nicknamed the Busby Babes, along with a number of supporters and journalists. Twenty-three of the 44 passengers on board the aircraft died in the disaster.

The Champions cup was still in its infancy then I am sure all those Busby boys cant play Jack cos at that time I dont think English football being on top in Europe they didnt win anything at any level just like saying if Zambia had not crashed in 1993 they would have won world cup. grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by toba1909(m): 12:46am On Oct 06, 2007
Still on my words, AW is da best.

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:32am On Oct 08, 2007
really wenger has to win at least 1 CL to be in my kitty has one of the best. But for Ferguson he had sixeent years of CL to do that but he fcked up. those tow are not one of the best. The problem on this post is that 99% of Nigerians watch EPL and obiviously Man u and Asernal has larger portion of the fans. Tha is why you guys cant see beyond these guys underachievement. Am a Milan Fan though

yea yea Hate it or Love
we are CL MVP
We aint goin no where until u get to respect us.
forza AC forza Kaka, forza Pirlo.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by bdude: 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2007
[color=#000099][/color] the truth is i'm a gunner but in terms of club football i think SIR ferguson is the best and the records speak for itself.
Fellow gunners trust me i'm a die hard gunner but the truth is plain n clear.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:42am On Oct 10, 2007
Win what great coaches win to be a great coach.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:50am On Oct 10, 2007
I am sure all those fabled Busby boys can't play Jack because at that time I don't think English football being on top in Europe. they didn't win anything at any level just like saying if Zambia had not crashed in 1993 they would have won world cup grin grin grin. Utter Balderdash
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:52am On Oct 10, 2007
Maradona was only trying to be modest. pele won the world cup with an all star team, Gerson, Jairzinho, Tostao, Carlos Alberto, Zagallo and half of the Brazilian team then were superstars but Maradona made that team that won the world cup in 1986.

According to football pundits just 2 players have won the world cup Single handedly Diego Maradona and Garrincha 1962
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by sage(m): 8:26am On Oct 10, 2007
gabrielgb

Thanks man

i laugh so hard whenever people say

who is the best coach in the world Wenger or Fergie grin cheesy

Hitzfield, Lippi, Capello, Sacchi, Ancelotti and Del Bosque have trophy laden careers

Even newbies JM, Benitez, Rijkard have as much success in europe as the almighty SAF and more than Wenger shocked grin cheesy
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by sage(m): 8:29am On Oct 10, 2007
besides gabrielgb

Forza Milan, Forza Carlo, Forza Pirlo and Forza Kaka cheesy

ive been a milan fan for over 10 years now

Are you registered in any Milan forums? They are fun. Holla if you need links to them

Milan da greatest
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2007
This is analogous to a child that fails an exam every time yet you console yourself that he has a fine handwriting so he is the best student.

If you dont win trophies( Wenger) then you don't deserve a mention and meanwhile one trophy in 16 years (Fergie) is not good enough.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:27am On Oct 10, 2007
Win what great coaches win to be a great coach.
ure lame arguing soccer. Fergie has won it. SAF has one trophy, the highest peole have won is 2. so what are you blabbing about. the difference between SAF and Hitzfield is just four coaching years and a UCL title.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2007
@ tkb417,

Stop wasting ur time arguing with the likes of Dayokanu and his horde of soccer semi-illiterates.
Only an IDIOT would not recognise the potentials of the Busby Babes before the plane crash in Munich.
Just before the crash in 1958, they won the league here in England and were finalists in the FA cup losing to Aston Villa in the final.

The Busby Babes became the FIRST ENGLISH TEAM to compete in the EUROPEAN CUP and reached the S/final only to be ousted by REAL MADRID.
As a matter of fact . . .Busby Babes recorded a win that still stands as the biggest win in all competitons in Europe.
They defeated BELGIAN CHAMPIONS, Anderlecht 10-0 at Maine Road.

So why would anyone say this team had no potential to win in Europe before the Air crash that killed 9 first team members?
There's no doubt about this . . . .United would have had the same success Liverpool had in Europe if this tragedy never occurred.
Matt Busby was the 1st to adopt the youth policy system in England which has now become the norm in modern day football.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2007
@Jackal
he knows very well the impact of that crash on the fortunes of United in europe. Hes just being silly
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2007
thx sage,
you can halla at me at heavensentangel2g@gmail.com
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 2:59am On Oct 11, 2007
The fabled Busby babes what did they achieve anywhere in Europe? They won the league in England but you know England was never a power house in European football then and now. Maybe if not for the crash they would have won more league titles but Champions cup is very unlikely.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by DrAwo(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2007
The best coach in the whole wide world is simple none other than ,

CHRISTIAN CHUCKWU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi Ranked 13th Best Player In The World / Ifeanyi Ubah And His Crew Fly Private Jet To Kaduna To Support Super Eagles.PICS / Asisat Oshoala Shows Her Shoe Closet And Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.