Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Who's The World's Best Football Coach? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (43513 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by toba1909(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2007
Lol,
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by hustler(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2007
Gabrielgb has already wrapped up d discussion on this thread as far as i'm concerned.

Forza Milan

Fellow Rossonnero y'all might need to join this lil revolution http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5376628451
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by olawale03(m): 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2007
de best coach in d world is no other person other than coach yemi tella
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by olanajim(m): 10:15am On Oct 13, 2007
Lol!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Iman3(m): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2007
Its between Fergie,Capello and Hitzfeld.

Ancelotti has had few years in management in which he has concentrated most of his efforts on winning the Champions League.Just this season,they have only won 2 games in Serie A. I believe if many other managers operated in that manner,they will be stacking up on titles in Europe as well.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2007
@I-man '
Why Fergie on the list? and not Ancelloti, Ariggo Sacchi, One UCL in 16 years and counting
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2007
sum arsenal fans eailed 2 understand that arsen wenger has only perfrm wel domestically.his record in europe is nthing t write home about. his yet to be seen in the ship of great european coaches like the special one[jose morinho],benitez,anceloti,ferguson etc. these are men who have proof their worth,not only domestically,but in europe at large
as far as the past three is concern,jose morinho remains d best,closely followed by benitez.

for further comment,get me on connectshearer4real2000@yahoo.com
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2007
[i] Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach?
« #71 on: Today at 01:14:50 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[s][b]sum arsenal fans eailed 2 understand that arsen wenger has only perfrm wel domestically.his record in europe is nthing t write home about. his yet to be seen in the ship of great european coaches like the special one[jose morinho],benitez,anceloti,ferguson etc. these are men who have proof their worth,not only domestically,but in europe at large
as far as the past three is concern,jose morinho remains d best,closely followed by benitez.

The problem in this trend is that mos of you guys watch olny EPL. Why would you say JM is the best Coach for the past 3 season? where is anceloti.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by folahann(m): 12:29am On Oct 17, 2007
Hahaha! this dayokanu really makes me laugh
dayokanu:

This is analogous to a child that fails an exam every time yet you console yourself that he has a fine handwriting so he is the best student.

If you don't win trophies( Wenger) then you don't deserve a mention and meanwhile one trophy in 16 years (Fergie) is not good enough.
I mean who the f**k, is Hizfield, not even well known. When we talk about good coach it doesn't really means the record trophies. Winnig matches sometimes depends on the coach,the players,opposition team and psychology. I mean psychologically who has the brain in bringing up a good team,pulling out impossible scroline and compete against really strong teams. That manager is the Almighty Arsene Wenger. Did i hear you clap
Excuse me to say, Bayern Munich is the whole Bundesliga why won't they win.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2007
@Folahan,
The UEFA Champions league is where all the big teams from the different leagues meet. So winning the Champions league is the greatest achievement for any European coach.

You cant expect Arsene Wenger or Fergie to win The La Liga Likewise you can't expect Ancelloti to win EPL. We can argue that some leagues are easier to win than others So that is why winning the Champions league (where all the great coaches meet) is the hallmark of a great coach.

If you say Hitzfeld is not well known, then your knowledge of European football is questionable because a coach that has won 2 champions league is not well known and those that haven't won any are well known to you. Before you make a European wide judgement, take a look at all the leagues don't just sit in England and make your judgement.

Hitzfeld brought Dortmund from nowhere to win the Champions league beating Manchester United and Juventus en route to winning the club.

A pity your coach did not measure up but its not my fault grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2007
Hahaha! this dayokanu really makes me laugh
Quote from: dayokanu on October 10, 2007, 08:33 AM
This is analogous to a child that fails an exam every time yet you console yourself that he has a fine handwriting so he is the best student.

If you don't win trophies( Wenger) then you don't deserve a mention and meanwhile one trophy in 16 years (Fergie) is not good enough.

I mean who the f**k, is Hizfield, not even well known. When we talk about good coach it doesn't really means the record trophies. Winnig matches sometimes depends on the coach,the players,opposition team and psychology. I mean psychologically who has the brain in bringing up a good team,pulling out impossible scroline and compete against really strong teams. That manager is the Almighty Arsene Wenger. Did i hear you clap
Excuse me to say, Bayern Munich is the whole Bundesliga why won't they win.

folahann,
you are a big big big , fool. even if you call your self a stupid gunner have you forgotten that this same Beryern sent you packing out of europe.
Mumu all you sit down and watch is EPL then you come here talk trash. All Man u and Arsenal fans face the truth your coaches aint good enough for what we want in this tren (Who's The World's Best Football Coach?) may Who's The World's Best Football Coach in EPL then you guys can start fighting eachother on that.
F**k u coaches spending more than a decade in a single club with one and no CL to show and you say they are good?
even SAF did not with European super cup intercontinental cup or World club cup ( tht was when he luckly won the CL) They are not good for the topic in this trend.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2007
folahann,
you are a big big big , fool. even if you call your self a stupid gunner have you forgotten that this same Beryern sent you packing out of europe.
Mumu all you sit down and watch is EPL then you come here talk trash. All Man u and Arsenal fans face the truth your coaches aint good enough for what we want in this tren (Who's The World's Best Football Coach?) may Who's The World's Best Football Coach in EPL then you guys can start fighting eachother on that.
F**k u coaches spending more than a decade in a single club with one and no CL to show and you say they are good?
even SAF did not with European super cup intercontinental cup or World club cup ( that was when he luckly won the CL) They are not good for the topic in this trend.

are you alright by any standards. The rave reviews you got has spilled into ur medulla if i may say. Must you say stuffs like dat to people? is that what makes you HIP?

And to think you know soccer SAF didnt win Intercontinental cup im b ashamed of people like you that wont know JACK and will come on the internet to spew claptrap. what about the UEFA super cup he won

Hmmm, i think you are not what i think you are. You dont know shits about footie.
Think well before you come here 'cos your mates are in your neighbourhood. Not this Blog tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2007
UEFA Super cup(92), Intercontinental Cup(99).
These are because he won the Winners and the UCL champions league.(SAF)

The World Club cup where all clubs from all the continents play hasnt started when United won the UCL. The first of it featured United and Real in 2000 in Brazil.
Shine your skull very well before you say what you dont know. cool

Anyways, No one said SAF ranks top. Hes one of the best sha. He too knows one UCL title in donkey years isnt good enough and he said that just before the Sportin game.
Dont mind Dayokanu, he just likes to wind United people up because we took the trophy from them the last miliseconds in 99 grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:42am On Oct 18, 2007
tkb417

now i can see that you are a man u fan. but why are you so angry cos i said the truth? when i said wenger wasn't good enough you seem to be indifferent but it, guess you cant just face the truth. SAF can never be compared to Ottma hitz,
infact Ottma can only be compared to the liokes of Arigo Sacchi, Capello, Trapattoni, Van Gall, Hiddink etc. funny enough SAF is an Old generation coach like these coaches but he can rank with them never.

And you also seems to have some annoying and crazy ideas about futball or where you not the guy posting about Busby Babes or wat are there names LOL. never heard of them and i also asked some Man u fans about them or him, they seem to be oblivious about them. God Forbid if something happens to Ronaldinho Messi etc Baca can look back and say they could have won lots of CL if not for the demise of these players but Busby babes or whatever they are no good players.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 8:20am On Oct 18, 2007
tkb417

now i can see that you are a man u fan. but why are you so angry because i said the truth? when i said wenger wasn't good enough you seem to be indifferent but it, guess you can't just face the truth. SAF can never be compared to Ottma hitz,
infact Ottma can only be compared to the liokes of Arigo Sacchi, Capello, Trapattoni, Van Gall, Hiddink etc. funny enough SAF is an Old generation coach like these coaches but he can rank with them never.

And you also seems to have some annoying and crazy ideas about futball or where you not the guy posting about Busby Babes or what are there names LOL. never heard of them and i also asked some Man u fans about them or him, they seem to be oblivious about them.  God Forbid if something happens to Ronaldinho Messi etc Baca can look back and say they could have won lots of CL if not for the demise of these players but Busby babes or whatever they are no good players.

Lets take it one after the other. yes, im a United fan and i like objective arguments. Read my comments after your first post and you will know, objectivity is my watchword.

SAF will not rank like Hitzfield. YES, because Hitzfield has won twice and SAF once grin grin. If SAF wints the UCL today, then your theory of not ranking like them will fade abi? I wonder if you guys think well . Ancelloti is ranked with Hitzfield because he just won his second title. I dey laff you grin

Busby babes Your Man United friends wont know about them because them be glory hunters. Even Dayokanu a Bayern fan knows about them lipsrsealed. United's history includes the Busby babes. Tell your friends to come for tutorials. No be today we just dey watch ball. I hope they saw Solkjaer scored against Bayern grin grin grin

Something happening to Messi and Dinho what has that got to do with the analogy i gave. A whole plane carrying a team crashed and youre telling me fido dido.

And one more thing, you didnt admit you erred not knowing SAF won all the trophies you said he didnt win. My guy, leave all these stories, no be today futbol analysis start,  Your points are valid, read my posts to know what i was driving at.

About Wenger, check his stats and see. he's billions of miles away from SAF grin grin grin
Enjoy my guy
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2007
tkb417
well trully you are an objective poster that fact cant be denied. But really it pisses me of seeing SAF spending so many years in Man u with us much money at his disposal yet just one CL? Ancelloti is a new generation coach but look at his record he almos won the CL for Juve and the milan team of 2003 was just an average team but he turned the team around remember there was no kaka then pirlo was still very young and inexperience, seedorff had lost the midas touchinfact the whole team could never be compare to a world class team then. getting to 5 semis of the CL winning the scudetto twice with all the competion from Lazio, Roma, Inter, Juve is no mean feet.

Not that i hate Man u but I just hate the EPL its the most overhyped league in the world. If there is any Club i hate in EPL it has to be Arsenal not for their lousy beautyful futbal but for thier unrealistic fan with big mouth.

still i respect ur kandid opinion though? but realy SAF could have gone to another club and proove Himself.
Forza Milan.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by sage(m): 3:19am On Oct 19, 2007
Forza Milan

Forza Carlo

Meanwhile any Milan fan could join any of these forums especially the top 2

1 Milan Mania

2 The Red and Black Forum

3 Milan Fan

You can search on google for the websites full links.
They are fun if you have time

Rossonneri 4 life
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2007
@Sage and Gagrielgb
Now we have something in common. My second team is AC MILAN. Although i hate the way they beat United everytime.
AC gives me something to watch anytime United has been sent packing from europe grin grin grin

SAF obviously hasnt done well for himself with just one title in donkey years. Im sure he knows.
Anyways, who do you guys think will win this year UCL

i think one of the EPL clubs will win grin grin
AC cant win back to back in this era
Barcelona will be pushed away in Jesus name grin grin
Real wont win
Chelsea can win
Arsenal can win
Liverpool cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot win
United can win grin grin cheesy
Bayern is in UEFA grin

Chao
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2007
tkb417

to be sincere i hate EPL not because of the teams (cos you cant just hate Man u or Arsenal at least) I just hate the league because of the British press.
Well I hope AC wins the CL if not for anything but for the GRATE Maldini so that he can retire on high. But realy my bet on the CL is Barca ( guy i respect that team) but i think barca;s achillies heel will be thier midfield yaya toure cant just hold the midfield against milan liverpool or even chelsea.
Not because of you but i used to love chelsea during the days of Desail decharms (milan connections) and Man u during the days of Nisteroy but i just hate what SAF did to him. I have always hated the gunners (even my brother will hate me for this) and most especially Liverpool.

But if any English team is going to win the CL it can only be either Arsenal or Man U.
But if it should be that then i would want Man u (not because i like Man u but because i hate Arsenal)
But you have to watch out for ROMA that team is like barca they are realy good this season.
Man u wacth ya back.
Forza Milan.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2007
tkb417

Why did you say liverpool can not win it? Dont write them off because of two bad games liverpool is like Milan the have the DNA of CL in them the will bounce back.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2007
I would rather Milan, Barca or Real win it. Inter is known to be consistently inconsistent so don't even mention them, Lazio and Roma? gabriel don't deceive yourself stage

fright would kill them If any EPL team should win it should be Liverpool. Man Utd? God forbid!! No one should worry about Man Utd, They do it once every

30 years so expect the great all conquering Man Utd in 2030 to win the UCL grin tongue grin if Jesus delays his coming. Amen.

I want teams like Man City, Portsmouth and Everton to be in top 4 this year so that they can come and represent EPL in the UCL next season tongue tongue
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2007
The World's Best Football Manager is SIR ALEX FERGUSON.

The man has never failed at anything he's put his hand at. He was successful as a striker for Rangers, won the European Cup with Aberdeen and has been the most successful United manager in history. He's assembled 3 Championship winning teams and convinced the best players in the world to come and play for us.

He had an eye for talent that told him Giggs would be a 'legend' and decided that a punt on Eric Cantona was definitely worth the risk.
Ferguson took risks on the likes of Beckham, Scholes and Gary Neville as well.
If players like Pele and Maradona can be identified as the best players the world has ever seen, surely Sir Alex is the greatest football manager in living history.

Lemme add this . . . . .Name me any manager that has won MORE titles than Ferguson and i will give anyone $1000.
HE IS A LIVING LEGEND.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2007
jackal

try and see beyond your nose the guy won many EPL basically because there was no real opposition in the likes of Arsenal Liverpool and chelsea then he cant do an hattrick of EPL in this decade no coach can do tht in major league there is ot to be slip ups here and there.

About his eye for talent ? LOL tell that to Wenger or arsenal fans even Van Gall of Ajax is better wen it comes to eye for talent.

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL HAVE TO SAY THIS. SAF REALY GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST IN EUROPE
so many coaches to choose from b4 him.
Forza Milan.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2007
Lemme add this . . . . .Name me any manager that has won MORE titles than Ferguson and i will give anyone $1000.
HE IS A LIVING LEGEND.

Sure no coach has won more LOCAL titles like SAF. No coach has stayed that long in any club too.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2007
@gabrielgb
i hate Liverpool.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2007
@ Dayokanu & gabrielgb,

Lemme break y'all something proper . . . .

SAF is the best manager in the world without a doubt.
He has won more trophies than any living manager in the world and that is what gives him the cutting edge over all others.
I have heard people say there was no competition in the EPL back in the days . . .thats a load of stinking balderdash.
There was nothing like BIG 4 in em days so i would say it was more competitive then than even these days when only few clubs can throw money around.

YES he has WON the most trophies, but i've heard people say he had longer time to do it than others. Poor argument - he still had to win them!
What counts here is WHAT You HAVE DONE rather than what You MIGHT HAVE DONE.
Its like saying: If i live another 5 years . . . I would be richer than Bill Gates . . . How sick is this statement? grin grin grin grin grin grin
For Instance, what guarantees Wenger would win 21 titles in the next 40 years? The answer is NOTHING.
I'm tired of people saying IF MOURINHO had stayed 5 years or if HITZFELD had stayed 10 years he would have won more . . . .
The bottom line is these managers have to be JUDGED on what they have achieved not what they MIGHT have achieved.

Think about it, If Ferguson had left in 1992 . . . No one would have ever thunk he would go on to win 9 EPL in the coming 15 years.
Imagine if he left in 2001, considering his record then, people would have argued that if he had stayed till 2007 United would have won another 4-5 titles but he has only WON 2 titles between 2002-2007.
If Mourinho had left just after 2005/06. . . .Chelsea fans would have argued that Jose would have won quadruple last season but did he?
People have said Fergie doesnt rank higher than Hitzfeld because the German has won 2 UCL titles . . .what a buncha twaddle!!!!!!!!!
Is UCL the only yard-stick of judging a good manager? What about other competitions? What about man-management?
David Beckham? Eric Cantona? Cristiano Ronaldo? Who made these players?
Hitzfeld is a midget to Ferguson overall . . . .Bleep his achievements in the UCL . . .Letz see his overall title haul.

What I am trying to say is that behind other great managers there is a questionmark because people ask themselves, WHAT . . . IF . .WHY.
BUT, Fergie HAS won these titles and that's the difference and the cutting edge he has over others.
Yes, he had a lot of time but also due to his ability and personality, otherwise he would have been sacked by United in his early years!!!!!!
Its not impossible for Jose to have spent 30 years @ Chelsea or for Hitzfeld to spend 32 years at Bayern Munich. 
The number of years he has spent is not a factor because he still has to win these titles. Anyways, bottom line is that he has the most trophies!
He has them and they can all be counted, there's no . . .what. . .if . . so . . .wherefore . . . .
This is REALITY . . .No Imaginations.

Sir Alex Ferguson is the best manager in the world.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 10:03am On Oct 22, 2007
These achievements should convince all the doubting THOMASES . . . .

Aberdeen 1978–1986

Domestic competition

Scottish League: (3) 1979-80, 1983-84, 1984-85

Scottish Cup: (4) 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1985-86

Scottish League Cup: (1) 1985-86

European competition

European Cup Winners Cup: (1) 1982-83

UEFA Super Cup: (1) 1983

Manchester United 1986- TILL DATE

Domestic competition

FA Premiership: (9) 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07
FA Cup: (5) 1989-90, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1998-99, 2003-04
League Cup: (2) 1991-92, 2005-06
FA Charity/Community Shield: (7) 1990, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007

European competition

UEFA Champions League: (1) 1998-1999

European Cup Winners Cup: (1) 1990-91

Intercontinental Cup: (1) 1999

UEFA Supercup: (1) 1991-92

Ferguson's passion, knowledge, drive, determination, and his unparalleled discipline regardless of superstar big name players is what sets him apart from the rest.
He is a winner, a champion, HE IS THE GREATEST EVER without a doubt!!!
If there is another manager in football history with more silverware than SAF, let his critics submit his name HERE or TAPE IT SHUT FOREVER!!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2007
Hitzfeld is a midget to Ferguson overall . . . .Bleep his achievements in the UCL . . .Letz see his overall title haul.

I think the best way to compare 2 people is when they meet on the same playing field. I am a champion in my house and you are a champion in your house;

I might be the champion in my house because the opposition in my house is weaker than yours. This is always subjective. Because If I had been competing in your house

I might have been the winner This is always open to argument.

How do we know the champion in the whole city? This is when we have an inter-house competition!! Fault the logic.

The UEFA champions league is where all the champions in the various countries of the various leagues meet else Celtic would be the best club in Europe because they

have won more local laurels(47) than most clubs in Europe but we all rate many clubs higher than Celtic.

A club coaches credentials is weighed by the number of Continental trophies he has won.

In the continent Hitzfeld has been more succesfull than Fergie FACT!!, Head to head Hitzfeld is ahead of Fergie 4-1 Borroussia Dortmund Home and Away, Bayern Munich

Home and away!!! tongue tongue

conclusion: Ottmar Hitzfeld is the best coach in the world
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 10:43am On Oct 22, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

With all humility, i have to say the logic behind your reasoning is tremendously flawed.
Inter-house competition has no grounds because we also have intra-house competition.

Take Liverpool for instance . . . .They have defeated Chelsea in the UCL times without number under Jose Mourinho.
However, they finished a staggering 37 points below Chelsea when they won the UCL in 2005.
Liverpool also finished 17 points below Chelsea last season and they knocked Chelsea out in the UCL.
Bearing this in mind . . . . who is the best between Jose Mourinho and Rafa Benitez.
99.9% of soccer pundits will tell u its Mourinho so where does your inter-house sports logic holds water?

Blimey!!!!!!!!! West Ham did a double on Arsenal and Man Utd last season . . . .FACT
Is it fair to say Curbishley/Pardew is a better manager than Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson?
The only way we can rate them is the TOTAL number of titles they have in their kitty as a manager.
If u are a champion of your house ,  . . . . . .Bring all the overall titles u have won both home and away and lets count.
You also have to take English league's tedious schedule into consideration . . .  . .Major European leagues go on WINTER-BREAKS.
Premiership teams play 38 GAMES every season without BREAKS while BUNDESLIGA teams play just 34 GAMES with 6 weeks break in Dec/Jan.
Are u telling me this little incentive does not put other European teams at a vantage position over Premiership sides?

Mate, u have to come up with a better theory that Hitzfeld is better than Ferguson.
The last comment holds no water at all.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2007
Then since Celtic has more title than other clubs, going by your argument they should be the best club in Europe.

If you agree that Celtic based on the number of local titles they have won, are the best in Europe, then we can agree that Fergie is the best coach in Europe based on his

local titles But I personally don't dig local Champions and so do many people. it is a fact that the inability of AW to win in Europe has greatly reduced the respect he would

have commanded in the comity of coaches. And I am sure he would be gunning for it like crazy this season.

The only thing that keeps Benitez is the UCL he has won. He hasn't won the title in 3 years not even top 2 despite buying about 30 players in 3 seasons that is a disgrace.

But given the fact that he has played 2 UCL finals and won one, he is regarded and pardoned by people.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 11:35am On Oct 22, 2007
Did u say Benitez is pardoned by people?
Lemme tell u this . . . . His arse is on the line if he does not DELIVER this season.
He is not under too much pressure because Liverpool are now used to failing to clinch the domestic league.
The last time they won it is 1990 so do the math.

If Benitez was the manager of a team like Arsenal or Man United who has tasted and enjoyed the title before. . . .he would have been sacked.
Every fan in this country wants the Premiership before any other title even if UCL is more glamorous.
This is Rafa's last chance to take a shot at the Premiership . . . . .The patience of the Scousers is running thin so don't be deceived.
Benitez's head is on the line . . . .

Celtic cannot be considered the best team in Europe because they don't have a strong league.
This is why we have UEFA coefficients that places top leagues above the weaker leagues.
For instance,a 25-goal player from Serie A would have more points on European golden boot charts than a 25-goal player from the League of Wales.
Scottish league is GRADE B in Europe just like the Portugese league and the Bundesliga.
If Celtic were to be in the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A then they would have been the best with their number of titles.
Ask yourself . . . .why do we have 4 teams representing England in UEFA and just 2 in Bundesliga and the Scottish league?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2007
Scottish league is GRADE B in Europe just like the Portugese league and the Bundesliga.
If Celtic were to be in the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A then they would have been the best with their number of titles.
Ask yourself . . . .why do we have 4 teams representing England in UEFA and just 2 in Bundesliga and the Scottish league?

@jackal
Where do you get your footballing information from? The Bundesliga is not a grade B league in Europe and the Bundesliga goals are not divided. They count as much as

the league from Spain Italy and England.

@ teams representing the Bundesliga 2?? I tot we had 3 cos Schalke, Stuttgart and Bremen are from the Bundesliga. I am not aware that any of them defected to

another country . Until like 5 years ago when a lot of money came into the English game, Germany was producing 4 and England 3. Check the records tongue

Benitez is considered one of the best coaches in England and Europe why? I think this is because of his UCL triumph. Why is Carlo Ancelotti regarded as a top coach Is it

because of the number of Serie A titles he won? Obviously not!! but because of his UCL medal s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi Ranked 13th Best Player In The World / Ifeanyi Ubah And His Crew Fly Private Jet To Kaduna To Support Super Eagles.PICS / Asisat Oshoala Shows Her Shoe Closet And Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.