Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

"What Should My Daughter Call Him?" - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" (10014 Views)

Aigbe:I Started Talking More With My Daughter The Day She Spoke About ‘Mouth Action' / Me, My Daughter And My Son-inlaw. How It All Began. / "My Boyfriend Impregnanted My Daughter" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

'

To deceive their partner(s) and the people around them. To appear "holier-than-everyone else"; like you've been trying to appear on this thread.
Lol
Not everyone come here to impress ppl like u do. Live a responsible life, ur daughter is lookin up to u
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Goldieluks: 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2011
Babe has a daughter? Lol.

Well as for your question,since the guy is Nigerian,I don't think it would be a bad idea if your daugther calls him 'uncle' before his name,for example 'uncle mark' or something.  Cause obviously calling him 'sir,mr, or dad, gives it a different meaning entirely. But had it been he's not Nigerian,'mr' would have been appropriate.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by kelz88(f): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunni you should learn not to judge others. No one is perfect!! (Besides, this topic is hypothetical for all I know!)
Just cos you're managing to keep your virginity doesn't mean you should make so much noise about it.

Being a virgin doesn't make you better than the next chick who prolly lost it when she was 14.

Your personality on here stinks, if anything. And like someone implied, you might be sexually frustrated. Check yourself.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

Lol
Not everyone come here to impress ppl like u do. Live a responsible life, your daughter is lookin up to u

Hm. I'm here to impress? Aren't you the one trying to impress? Am I not the "irresponsible" one? Why are you lying? What happened to the spirit speaking through you a while ago?  shocked It fled? It directed you to lie?

Discombobulated human.  grin
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2011
coogar:

so as to claim you are "holier than thou"
it's easier than admitting you have made massive mistakes in the past.

believe it or not - 90% of naija girls do it.
to be fair, i don't blame them though cos some men deliberately ask for it and women who don't want to lose a man they really love would lie to keep him. "ask no questions - i shall tell no lies".
It doesnt make sense, does it?? Sínce d guy wíll fíñd out
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
kimberluge:

your not a spirit your jst a sexually frustrated gal  so stop deceiving urself! Am a virgin too so I shuld know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

haha - it's the clash of the virgin titans. grin

sexkillz:

No! I dont agree! If you get excited about the challenges you face and how  you go about solving them, why dont you take up Marriage on that challenge, make it your goal to solve any problems that may arise? Are you honestly going into marriage, expecting your marriage to have problems, so you can divorce? Cohabiting relationships has  a low weighted risk? Really? Do you know that some people feel used when cohabitation doesnt work in their favour? How many people do you meet out there that are ready to welcome the idea of marrying a lady/guy that has cohabited prior to meeting them? Now, if my cohabitation experiment does not work out, do you think i'll be ever willing to cohabit with another again? Instead of cohabiting, is it not wiser to get married, take up the challenge and be determined to make your marriage work?

wiser to get married with your eyes closed and then discover you have married a demon? how would that marriage work.
people who feel used when cohabitation doesn't work in their favour still have the chance to marry. compare her to the people who feel used when marriage doesn't work. . . .she's now a divorcee(something most naija young men would run away from).

who are you more likely to marry - a cohabitant or a divorcee(provided all other qualities about them are equal)?

It's not a Nigerian mentality as Nigeria is not the only Religious country nor is nigeria the only country where cohabitation occurs! Those problems you mentioned about Nigeria, how many of them are a direct result of Religion? The law of the land where you currently reside, does it recognize cohabiting couples or married couples?

it's a nigerian mentality and probably majority of the 3rd world countries. young women don't leave their parents house until they are ready to marry and we are talking about mid-20s to early 30s. but in a world where 16 year old women have left home and they have partners. does it make economic sense for them to be living separately and paying bills?

sexkillz, i put it to you that if you are staying alone and paying your bills by yourself when you were a student, you would cohabit!

What causes unhappiness in marriages? Can they be avoided? No one should continue in an abusive relationship yes, but is that the way forward? Do you actually know what people go thru, to keep their marriages alive and strong? Is "Loveless marriage" Restricted to Nigeria alone?

various factors cause unhappiness in marriages. people can be happy/unhappy in marriages/cohabitating.
you are hardly making a point here.

If religion is good, why not mix it with a little common sense? Marriage is not for everyone, is cohabiting for everyone then? What is the difference between living as cohabiting couples, and living as married couples?

living as cohabiting couples - neither of the parties is trapped.
living as married couples - they are both trapped(should there be a deception from any of the parties).

that is the difference!

Hardunnii:

It doesnt make sense, does it?? Sínce d guy wíll fíñd out

he will find out of course but after he's married the virgin!
they are married already - he's not going to walk out of the marriage because of a piece of hymen!

so the girl wins!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
@kelz and co are u guys mad at me being a virgin or d declaratn Well few of us still av morals, if u do, u are supposed to know ur body is a temple of God, so u should nt defile it.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by DaDoctor: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2011
THE QUESTION ISNT WHAT YOUR DOTA WOULD CALL HIM, BUT HOW BOTH WOULD RECEIVE EACH OTHER NOW AND IN THE FUTURE. SINCE U ARE INTO IT. LET UR EXPERIENCES TEACH U TO REMAIN IN UR MARRIAGE. AFTERALL IT WAS FOR BETTER FOR WORSE OR DID HE GET U PREGNANT UNKNOWINGLY AND NOW U WANA MARRY UR LEGAL HUBBY?

WHEN WE SAY AVOID ISSUES. NL'ers WOULD CALL US NAMES.

NOW WHY ASK THAT TRASH OF A QUESTION.

AND HOPE THIS ONE WONT GIVE U 2 CHILDREN AND DIVORCE U. NASTY FOOL!!! WHOEVER IT WAS. U OR YOUR REP COS I CANT BELIEVE ITS U. U ARE TOO KINNY TO STAND SUCH.
cool cool
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2011
Goldieluks:

Babe has a daughter? Lol.

Well as for your question,since the guy is Nigerian,I don't think it would be a bad idea if your daugther calls him 'uncle' before his name,for example 'uncle mark' or something.  Cause obviously calling him 'sir,mr, or dad, gives it a different meaning entirely. But had it been he's not Nigerian,'mr' would have been appropriate.

but this child goes to school and one day she would tell her mates/teachers she found her "uncle" and her mum in bed.
do you know of any uncle in intimate congress with a mother? is uncle really appropriate?

it would have been perfect solution if this "uncle" and the original poster are living separately.

Hardunnii:

@kelz and co are u guys mad at me being a virgin or d declaratn Well few of us still av morals, if u do, u are supposed to know your body is a temple of God, so u should nt defile it.

hardunni, don't mind the jealous haters.
they are envious because you are the last nigerian virgin left.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
coogar:

marriages fail, cohabitation can also fail - all i am saying is cohabitation eliminates the illusion that comes with living separately before getting married.

everyone wears a certain mask in a relationship(initially), we all put up our best attitude at first and by the time our partners discover the real us in marriage - then they are bitter cos they have married the person they did not think they were marrying in the first place.
Is it applicable in all cases? Are you saying you dont get to know people during dating and courtship?

you ask - what is the joy in marrying someone i have been cohabiting all my life? i am sure you are claiming you have never seen couples who cohabited and are enjoying their marriages far better than the other divide("holier than thou"wink. the hypocrisy even gets disgusting when it was found out that nigeria has the most unfaithful women on the planet despite the fact that cohabiting is a taboo in the country. grin grin
Cohabitation remains a personal decision! But should i cohabit without knowing all the facts? Should i cohabit because you do? What is the % of happier couples from cohabitation, as against happier married couples from scratch? Let's say i am not a Nigerian, can you make better points than these? All i see is you bringing up Nigeria! Do you know if i grew up here or not?

who is fooling who? tongue

that's the essence of dating! try as many outcomes as possible to improve your chances of meeting the right woman!
i would never know a better woman if i have been stuck with one all my life.
people date to seek the best before they are ready to marry. and if there's one thing you should be prepared for in life - there's no absolute guarantee to anything.
Is dating = Cohabitation? If you have dated 10 ladies, and finally one seems to be the right one, what is the point of cohabiting with the right one?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by MrsChima1(f): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2011
LMAO@cohabitation is a "westerner" thing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't believe in cohabitation and I am in the "West". wink
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by kelz88(f): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

@kelz and co are u guys mad at me being a virgin or d declaratn Well few of us still av morals, if u do, u are supposed to know your body is a temple of God, so u should nt defile it.

It's the way you went about judging the next person, and not cos of what you are, or not.

Na morals I go chop? Abeg, lemme enjoying the good sex I'm getting.
Keep up the holier than thou attitude. Hope you're looking forward to the painful [b]s[/b]hag on your wedding night. wink
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

Speak for your self on that regards boo! If you dont listen to everything, what's the point of listening to some in the first place?

Really killz? You listen to everything the bable says? Aight, lemme test the authenticity of your assertion.

The bable says "Slavery is appropraite and neccesary". Killz, do you support slavery?

The bable says "Respect and obey every form of political leader ruling over you." Killz, what do you think about Hitler?

sexkillz:

Not when the 1st century solutions work better then 21st century ones!

Smh.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by obowunmi(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2011
She cals him by first name. Frank! Abel! straight up, undecided undecided undecided
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

Is it applicable in all cases? Are you saying you dont get to know people during dating and courtship?

yes - it's applicable in all cases.
even the officiating ministers of wedding ceremonies bark it loud that what the newly-weds must have been through until the wedding is pure fantasy and the real knowing starts from that day henceforth.
so i can say with 100% certainty that you don't know what your girlfriend is until you start staying together.

Cohabitation remains a personal decision! But should i cohabit without knowing all the facts? Should i cohabit because you do? What is the % of happier couples from cohabitation, as against happier married couples from scratch? Let's say i am not a Nigerian, can you make better points than these? All i see is you bringing up Nigeria! Do you know if i grew up here or not?

there's no statistics backing cohabitation/marriage but then common sense prevails.
who would know his partner more? the man living with his partner or the one who sees his partner twice a week?
answers on a postcard, please!

Is dating = Cohabitation? If you have dated 10 ladies, and finally one seems to be the right one, what is the point of cohabiting with the right one?

duh! to know her better.
imagine if this was a job interview. after reading the thousands of cvs you have been flooded with, you choose some and they write a test.
after the test, you still choose like the best 10 for oral interview before deciding who's the best candidate.

same ish applies when you are looking for a partner.
this is marriage we are talking about - not nollywood audition.

one moment of foolishness and one is stuck with a jezebel for the rest of one's life. for someone like you who is religious - divorcing her is not even in your dictionary - then you either kill yourself for a f@cked up situation you have found yourself or join[b] boko haram[/b] willingly. grin
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2011
kelz88:

It's the way you went about judging the next person, and not cos of what you are, or not.

Na morals I go chop? Abeg, lemme enjoying the good sex I'm getting.
Keep up the holier than thou attitude. Hope you're looking forward to the painful [b]s[/b]hag on your wedding night. wink
Ofcourse, lookín foward to that night
Btw, i dnt judge, i only adviced nt to move in uñtil she's married to d guy
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by DaDoctor: 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
kelz88:

Na morals I go chop? Abeg, lemme enjoying the good sex I'm getting.Keep up the holier than thou attitude. Hope you're looking forward to the painful s[/b]hag on your wedding night. wink
[b]
And moro u marry anoda 'spoilt gurl' and she doesnt bear a child? wud u go probing to see if her womb has been off in one or 2 medical bruhaha?

Being a virgin isnt a crime Mr, most of u unmarried ones would like them for a relationship and subsequently marriage. compared to a gurl who cant even count the number of men she has sucked there dikkk before driving it into her punny.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by kelz88(f): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

Ye cos you were "advising" when you said this:

She can call him whatever she likes, what you should be concerned abt is teaching your daughter moral principles which will be a diff task, since you dont have one urself, poor girl goodluck.

Interesting!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
Da Doctor:

THE QUESTION ISNT WHAT YOUR DOTA WOULD CALL HIM, BUT HOW BOTH WOULD RECEIVE EACH OTHER NOW AND IN THE FUTURE. SINCE U ARE INTO IT. LET your EXPERIENCES TEACH U TO REMAIN IN your MARRIAGE. AFTERALL IT WAS FOR BETTER FOR WORSE OR DID HE GET U PREGNANT UNKNOWINGLY AND NOW U WANA MARRY your LEGAL HUBBY?
cool cool

Da Doctor:

AND HOPE THIS ONE WONT GIVE U 2 CHILDREN AND DIVORCE U. NASTY FOOL!!! WHOEVER IT WAS. U OR YOUR REP COS I CANT BELIEVE ITS U. U ARE TOO KINNY TO STAND SUCH.
cool cool

I'm too kinny? What's kinny?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

Who told you I'm not married to the guy? The spirit?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by pendo89(f): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2011
lots of confusion,judgement,unfair critism,lies and heresy in one bowl.
very interesting read though.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2011
coogar:

haha - it's the clash of the virgin titans. grin

wiser to get married with your eyes closed and then discover you have married a demon? how would that marriage work.
people who feel used when cohabitation doesn't work in their favour still have the chance to marry. compare her to the people who feel used when marriage doesn't work. . . .she's now a divorcee(something most naija young men would run away from).
Which of the above does dating and courtship not solve?

who are you more likely to marry - a cohabitant or a divorcee(provided all other qualities about them are equal)?
NONE!

it's a nigerian mentality and probably majority of the 3rd world countries. young women don't leave their parents house until they are ready to marry and we are talking about mid-20s to early 30s. but in a world where 16 year old women have left home and they have partners. does it make economic sense for them to be living separately and paying bills?
It's not a Nigerian mentality! You are using Nigeria to make your point! Did Nigeria ask me to cohabit? And if you want to start comparing economies, you'll also tell me it's my fault that the economy is this way! Can you really compare economies?
sexkillz, i put it to you that if you are staying alone and paying your bills by yourself when you were a student, you would cohabit!
I did not! And would not! Makes no sense to me still!
various factors cause unhappiness in marriages. people can be happy/unhappy in marriages/cohabitating.
you are hardly making a point here.

living as cohabiting couples - neither of the parties is trapped.
living as married couples - they are both trapped(should there be a deception from any of the parties).

that is the difference!
Yeah! That's fear of commitment! I understand!

If you respect the institution called marriage and all it stands for, you WONT cohabit!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
@kelz, moral principles should tell her she shouldnt move in wit a guy she's dating, if that one leaves her, she moves in with anoda again, and again. The little girl needs stability
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
pendo89:

lots of confusion,judgement,unfair critism,lies and heresy in one bowl.
very interesting read though.

fixed!

lots of confusion - sexkillz
judgement - hardunni
unfair criticism - da doctor
lies - hardunni
hersey - pendo.

sexkillz:

Which of the above does dating and courtship not solve?

if dating and courtship solve it. . . .why do we still have so much problems in marriage?
men lying about their smoking habits, alcoholism, religion, career, financial status, etc and trapping an innocent woman into marriage.
women lying about their sexual history, their previous abortions, hygiene, pitiful kitchen skills to trap oblivious men into marriage.

there's no way a man would be blind to some of these issues if he had stayed like a year with his woman.

NONE!

"more likely" is the operative word.
i guess you missed that and you failed to answer the question.

It's not a Nigerian mentality! You are using Nigeria to make your point! Did Nigeria ask me to cohabit? And if you want to start comparing economies, you'll also tell me it's my fault that the economy is this way! Can you really compare economies?

it is a nigerian mentality.
hypocrisy and the pathetic culture we tend to adopt actually give room for us to lie without remorse.
if a young woman stays alone by herself - the society sees her as a LovePeddler. too many quack beliefs and religious myths have f@cked up the minds of young nigerians. using the laws of 1st century and applying it in the 21st century. no wonder the country is running backwards instead of forward.

i am not comparing economies and i don't understand the question: "did nigeria ask you to cohabit?"

I did not! And would not! Makes no sense to me still!

haha - why don't i believe this?
you remind me of theseeker!

Yeah! That's fear of commitment! I understand!
If you respect the institution called marriage and all it stands for, you WONT cohabit!

cohabiting is a respect of the marriage institution.
taking my time to get it right so i wouldn't need a divorce unlike you who rush in and rush out of marriages.
check out the divorce rate in nigeria in the last few years - fools keep rushing it and rushing out after belatedly realising they made a wrong choice.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Eiregirl(f): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
I didn't realise that this thread was about cohabiting & marriage. I cohabited with my husband before I married him & I'm glad I did. At least we went into marriage with our eyes open & knew what we were getting!!!

@ Ujujoan - No I'm NOT Nigerian as you were so kind to point out to me. As I said, my husband is Nigerian and my daughter calls him by his name. She NEVER called him or any of his friends "Uncle", they are not her UNCLE!!!

@ Babe - I hope my response helped somewhat. Maybe if you were residing in Nigeria it might be different, but as you reside in England, I think your daugher should call your partner by his name, especially if her dad is in her life.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by kelz88(f): 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2011
Da Doctor:

And moro u marry anoda 'spoilt gurl' and she doesnt bear a child? wud u go probing to see if her womb has been off in one or 2 medical bruhaha?

Being a virgin isnt a crime Mr, most of u unmarried ones would like them for a relationship and subsequently marriage. compared to a gurl who cant even count the number of men she has sucked there dikkk before driving it into her punny.

Are you blind? I'm female!!
So every non-virgin is spoilt, and has aborted, and will have problem getting pregnant. Your mentality stinks and you are a typical backward Nigerian. How people like you can even have friends, girlfriends or wives is beyond me. Wouldn't even associate myself with people like you in real life. God help you people.

Who said being a virgin is a crime? You should be modest but not rub it in other people's faces, or condemn the next person cos in your opinion he's not as morally upright as you. To me it's as bad as fasting or making donations and making so much noise about it. What do you want? A cookie?  I don't need anyone to tell me that I am a much better person than you, and will deffo make a much better wife than yours-if and when you do have.

If the man I'm dating hasn't got a problem with the number of men I've shagged, why should you?

There's more to a person than the status of their [b]v[/b]agina, how many men they have shagged, if they are cohabiting or not, etc.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

Who told you I'm not married to the guy? The spirit?
Yeah, d spirit showed me, lay good examples for ur daughter, give her a stable home
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by kelz88(f): 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2011
Cos life is that easy and straightforward?! You sound like someone that lives in a cave.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

Really killz? You listen to everything the bable says? Aight, lemme test the authenticity of your assertion.

The bable says "Slavery is appropraite and neccesary". Killz, do you support slavery?

Where?

The bable says "Respect and obey every form of political leader ruling over you."
Killz, what do you think about Hitler?[/color]
Where?

Smh. [quote][/quote]
And at you too! If the 1st century Bible tells you thou shall not murder, should you believe it? Smh!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

Yeah, d spirit showed me, lay good examples for your daughter, give her a stable home

You're a mess. A big ol' mess. A stable home = marraige? Olodo.  grin
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by kelz88(f): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2011
Killz, aren't you familiar with the O.T?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by jaybee3(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

You're a mess. A big ol' mess. A stable home = marraige? Olodo.  grin
You are wicked oh . . .Just put her outta her misery that the thread is technically not about you  but just hypothetical scenario or what not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Steamy Photos Of Flight Attendants That Would Make You Want To Board An Airplane / Sex In The City!! Encounter With American Stripper (+18 Live) / Girls,own Up To The Number Of Guys U Have Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.