Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868037 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sullu:

Thanks a lot for advice

All the best

Good luck with your application. You will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
@Justwise,Goodafternoon.I wasn't asked if I have been refused before during my interview and I didn't wanna be too forward by telling the interviewer.But I stated it in my form.Hope no issue wif dat?
Also,the guy asked where i would stay in uk for the 1st few days n I gave him name and address of the person.Although,the address is real and likewise the person.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

Private colleges are no no no unless if you can do without working, many of them are just 'visa center'. cheap and cheerful but comes with baggage. When you visit their website please move down to: 'About Us', if the directors/management teams are Asians or Africans then..... again have a look at their branches outside the UK, the schools they are affiliated to etc.

Doing ND or HND is a longer route that will cost you almost the same as degree.

The short cut to this is...do your HND in Nigeria or 1st and 2nd year degree in Nigeria then come to the UK for final year top-up.

Yes ooo, I thought as much too when I saw a college with £4,000 tuition for International student, I know something is not right about it. I'm thinking of going through that route because of the situation on ground; thinking that if I was able to get tution and maintenance fee for a year, then I should be able to aurgment the rest over there without having a single knowledge of what is going on over there. Meanwhile as it is, as a brother to you, what other option do you think will be the best for my situation? Even the money I'm planning of using is from "enjoyment"(don't want to use negative word on myself) here and there.Thanks for your time sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
jubel: @Justwise,Goodafternoon.I wasn't asked if I have been refused before during my interview and I didn't wanna be too forward by telling the interviewer.But I stated it in my form.Hope no issue wif dat?
Also,the guy asked where i would stay in uk for the 1st few days n I gave him name and address of the person.Although,the address is real and likewise the person.

That is the right thing to do. Since you were not asked during the interview there is no need to telling them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
honourableseyi:

Yes ooo, I thought as much too when I saw a college with £4,000 tuition for International student, I know something is not right about it. I'm thinking of going through that route because of the situation on ground; thinking that if I was able to get tution and maintenance fee for a year, then I should be able to aurgment the rest over there without having a single knowledge of what is going on over there. Meanwhile as it is, as a brother to you, what other option do you think will be the best for my situation? Even the money I'm planning of using is from "enjoyment"(don't want to use negative word on myself) here and there.Thanks for your time sir

To avoid giving you any false hope...if you don't have the money for at least 2yrs then please don't risk it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

To avoid giving you any false hope...if you don't have the money for at least 2yrs then please don't risk it.

Thank you sir, I'm very grateful. may you be favoured in everything you do in Jesus name. Once again thank you. I will begin to work on that and also keep up with the happening on this thread, it's highly informative indeed. Shalom
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
Anybody going to Cardiff.?university of South Wales ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
btween british airways and arik which is better in terms of services
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sullu: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

Good luck with your application. You will be fine.

Just to double check

My 28-day period ended on Aug 2. Is it ok to submit the application on Aug 27 and print out the bank statement on AUG 26
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sullu:

Just to double check

My 28-day period ended on Aug 2. Is it ok to submit the application on Aug 27 and print out the bank statement on AUG 26

You can print and submit your application any day from that Aug 2 till Sept 29 or 30th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

That is the right thing to do. Since you were not asked during the interview there is no need to telling them.

Okay thanks a lot Justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sullu: 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

You can print and submit your application any day from that Aug 2 till Sept 29 or 30th.

why till Sept 29 or 30?

I read "the end date must be no earlier than 31 days before the date of application"

in my case which means by 2 Sept?

If the application date 27 Aug, is it ok to get the BANK STATEMENT ON AUG "26"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sullu:

why till Sept 29 or 30?

I read "the end date must be no earlier than 31 days before the date of application"

in my case which means by 2 Sept?

If the application date 27 Aug, is it ok to get the BANK STATEMENT ON AUG "26"

29 or 30th because Sept is 30days, 2 of August to 2 of Sept is a month and a day, if you want to look at it that way then in your case its 1st of Sept.

Sure..26th is ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sullu: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

29 or 30th because Sept is 30days, 2 of August to 2 of Sept is a month and a day, if you want to look at it that way then in your case its 1st of Sept.

Sure..26th is ok

Many thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jantil: 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
I want to disagree wt pple who say there are no jobs in London. If u move wt the right click,u talk to pple, even ur mate in d Uni, u'l surely get a job. It may b casual i.e security, cleaning, sales assistant, steward, waiter, home tutor, etc. I have done all those, since I can here last Sept.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
jantil: I want to disagree wt pple who say there are no jobs in London. If u move wt the right click,u talk to pple, even ur mate in d Uni, u'l surely get a job. It may b casual i.e security, cleaning, sales assistant, steward, waiter, home tutor, etc. I have done all those, since I can here last Sept.

Can you pay your rent and fees doing that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

That money is just to pay rent,feed and do normal things.. You will be comfortable but forget say you wan go work raise school fees.. It will affect your studies... So always prepare well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
lamie505:

That money is just to pay rent,feed and do normal things.. You will be comfortable but forget say you wan go work raise school fees.. It will affect your studies... So always prepare well

Apart from affecting your studies..is it doable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

Apart from affecting your studies..is it doable?

Abi oo.. If person no prepare na strong suffering oo.. No one will borrow you money talkless of borrowing you money for schooll fees so don't start what you can't finish..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by veyo56: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
I wrote oron as my local goverment area, but my birth certificate says udingi mbo local govermen,tI did not think about it as my dad has udingi oron as is own local goverment and my mum has mbo as her local government.Feeling like it will affect the outcome of application, pls need to know if it something I should worry about because since I submitted on the 8th I have been dying of anxiey picking flaws in my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jantil: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

I paid half of my fees b4 leaving Naija, and I paid the balance from what I was able to save here.
However, its good to have your full fees, including some cash for upkeep pending d time u r able to get a job.

My case seems different because I stayed with a friend for 6months. After which I got my own room.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
jantil:
I paid half of my fees b4 leaving Naija, and I paid the balance from what I was able to save here.
However, its good to have your full fees, including some cash for upkeep pending d time u r able to get a job.

My case seems different because I stayed with a friend for 6months. After which I got my own room.

How much was your monthly rent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
veyo56: I wrote oron as my local goverment area, but my birth certificate says udingi mbo local govermen,tI did not think about it as my dad has udingi oron as is own local goverment and my mum has mbo as her local government.Feeling like it will affect the outcome of application, pls need to know if it something I should worry about because since I submitted on the 8th I have been dying of anxiey picking flaws in my application.

No its not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kayode85: 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hello forummates!
Please can anyone tell me how best to travel with your money when going to UK?do naira mastercards work on their ATMs?Do I go with cash or deposit it an account I can access from UK like a domicilliary account?Also,has anyone used Firstbank VISA card out there before?does it work well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by walako: 12:26am On Aug 25, 2013
Just Wise! God bless you for all the works you doing here.
I want to find out this from you.I work for my own up and coming sports marketing company in Ghana and in March,I applied for a business visit visa to aid me attend a day sports conference in UK,but at that time both me and my company was cash strapped so i sought sponsorship from a construction company of my colleague and hence used his company statement but the bottom line is i was refused because, i should have disclose my personal financial standing of which i intentionally did not do because, i had nothing in my account.so the sponsor for my trip was this construction company and hence VO's found it hard to understand why a company unconnected to the world of sports is sponsoring me and why not my sports marketing company.I agree with them to a large extent because of insufficient documents and evidence.in the nutshell, i was refused based on " 46G(ii) of the UK immigration Rule HC395(as amended)
I now want to do further studies in the UK and come back to take my company to the next level.My issue is this,i am planning to do my Msc in Marketing at University of South Wales in UK and the school is saying i will need a student visitor visa to study,but not a TIER 4 visa.Now my aunty in the states is footing my tuition fee for the whole programme but my uncle will also be sponsoring for my accommodation and all that and so will be using his bank statements.i plan not to submit my bank statement again cuz i dont really have sums in there and is not a running one.classes starts in october and will be applying soon,should things being equal.

1)I want fo find out whether my first refusal will have a bearing on my new application

2)Is it possible for my uncle to sponsor me and even use this bank statement as such??

3)Implications of not submitting my bank statement with this new application again,because it is not a running one and moreover,i said in my initial business visit visa application that i earn 300 pounds which i cant proof that as at now with my statement

4)Whether im good to go and if yes,what are the the requirements and how do i go about it??

Urgent response is required

Thank you
Rashid,Ghana
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jantil: 12:55am On Aug 25, 2013
justwise: [/b]

How much was your monthly rent?

£350 is my monthly rent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ttsource: 4:56am On Aug 25, 2013
Sullu:

Thanks

There is another issue.

In the online applicatio form that asks to state the countries visited in the last 10 years (date, period, purpose).
In 2010 I travelled to France. When returning to the UK on a coach, a French offer put an exit stamp in my passport with a wrong date "25/05/2010 COQUELLES LFT". On the other page of passport there is a stamp by UK officer " 13 Apr 2010 COQUELLES". I have returnted to England on Apr 13 2010. How do I go about this?

I had this same issue when I applied wrong stamp date when visiting another country (on exit)... I explained it under the "other information" section and I got my visa... Don't worry about it. Just explain under the "others" section, you will be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by walako: 7:06am On Aug 25, 2013
Just Wise! God bless you for all the works you doing here.
I want to find out this from you.I work for my own up and coming sports marketing company in Ghana and in March,I applied for a business visit visa to aid me attend a day sports conference in UK,but at that time both me and my company was cash strapped so i sought sponsorship from a construction company of my colleague and hence used his company statement but the bottom line is i was refused because, i should have disclose my personal financial standing of which i intentionally did not do because, i had nothing in my account.so the sponsor for my trip was this construction company and hence VO's found it hard to understand why a company unconnected to the world of sports is sponsoring me and why not my sports marketing company.I agree with them to a large extent because of insufficient documents and evidence.in the nutshell, i was refused based on " 46G(ii) of the UK immigration Rule HC395(as amended)
I now want to do further studies in the UK and come back to take my company to the next level.My issue is this,i am planning to do my Msc in Marketing at University of South Wales in UK and the school is saying i will need a student visitor visa to study,but not a TIER 4 visa.Now my aunty in the states is footing my tuition fee for the whole programme but my uncle will also be sponsoring for my accommodation and all that and so will be using his bank statements.i plan not to submit my bank statement again cuz i dont really have sums in there and is not a running one.classes starts in october and will be applying soon,should things being equal.

1)I want fo find out whether my first refusal will have a bearing on my new application

2)Is it possible for my uncle to sponsor me and even use this bank statement as such??

3)Implications of not submitting my bank statement with this new application again,because it is not a running one and moreover,i said in my initial business visit visa application that i earn 300 pounds which i cant proof that as at now with my statement

4)Whether im good to go and if yes,what are the the requirements and how do i go about it??

Thank you
Rashid,Ghana
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2013
walako: Just Wise! God bless you for all the works you doing here.

Thank you
Rashid,Ghana

If you are going for a Msc course lasting more than 6months then you need Tier 4 student visa and not student visitor's visa.

1. Your first refusal will only have a bearing if you failed to disclose it.

2. Your uncle can not sponsor you and you can't use his bank statement, if he really want to sponsor you then let him pay the money into your bank account.

3. You have to submit your bank account with the required amount of money ( school fees + maintenance money) on it for 28days, the source of the money does not matter in this case, you will not be asked to prove how you earned the money.

4. If you read this thread from page one or couple of pages back you will get all the requirements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:38am On Aug 25, 2013
jantil:

£350 is my monthly rent

If you were living on your own paying that amount for 6months you wouldn't have been able to save for school fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by walako: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2013
@ JUSTWISE

tHANKS FOR THE URGENT RESPOSNE.

I CHECKED FROM THE WEBSITE AND IT WILL LAST LESS THAN 6 MONTHS CUZ MOST OF THE CLASSES ARE WEEKENDS AND SOME SPECIFIC DAYS

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (503)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.