Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866846 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MicSmith: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello house. Please does the statement below mean i have to include my waec cert in my visa application ?

"As a HEI, we have assessed the applicants English language ability to be proficient at CEFR level B2 in each of the required four components of language learning, evident by qualification of The West African Examinations Council grade C4 achieved (deemed CEFR level B2)."

Secondly, pls can someone tell me the exact amount i will need for visa application.

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
MicSmith: Hello house. Please does the statement below mean i have to include my waec cert in my visa application ?

"As a HEI, we have assessed the applicants English language ability to be proficient at CEFR level B2 in each of the required four components of language learning, evident by qualification of The West African Examinations Council grade C4 achieved (deemed CEFR level B2)."

Secondly, pls can someone tell me the exact amount i will need for visa application.

Thanks in advance
Include your WAEC certificate. Visa fee-77480, charges-500, sms(optional)-400.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MicSmith: 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
JideVince:
Include your WAEC certificate. Visa fee-77480, charges-500, sms(optional)-400.

Thanks chief
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
MicSmith:

Thanks chief
You are welcome Sir! smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
The bank printed a six month statement from February to date. The transaction did today showed as closing balance. Can the statement be used? Will it be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=MicSmith]Hello house. Please does the statement below mean i have to include my waec cert in my visa application ?

Thanks in advance[/quot

Thesame thing was written on my CAS I didn't include my waec cos it wasn't stated in my CAS.. I just added the letter from my school that shows I can speak english cos the university am going didn't accept waec as proof of english
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
princessmoi: The bank printed a six month statement from February to date. The transaction did today showed as closing balance. Can the statement be used? Will it be a problem?

There will be no problem all they wanna see is the required funds and that the closing balance is within the month of your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
lamie505:

There will be no problem all they wanna see is the required funds and that the closing balance is within the month of your application

A big relief. From the 31st of July to the 26th no transaction was made and it didn't show on the statement, the transaction of yesterdays salary 27th paid into the account showed and then the closing balance of today 28th. Is it okay?

Also is it compulsory to make copies of the print out forms? Submitting tomorrow by God's grace wanna make sure nothing is missing. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
princessmoi:

A big relief. From the 31st of July to the 26th no transaction was made and it didn't show on the statement, the transaction of yesterdays salary 27th paid into the account showed and then the closing balance of today 28th. Is it okay?

Also is it compulsory to make copies of the print out forms? Submitting tomorrow by God's grace wanna make sure nothing is missing. Thanks
The statement is okay. You can make photocopies of the forms for record purpose, nothing else.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
JideVince:
The statement is okay. You can make photocopies of the forms for record purpose, nothing else.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joel911: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
@Lamie, I think you should desist from misleading applicants and focus on your own application that is still pending with The BHC.
You are giving people the impression that a transaction MUST be made on the 28th day. This is untrue and very misleading.
As long as a bank statement shows a date of between dd/mm/yy - dd/mm/yy and has a closing balance that shows the required funds have been held for 28 consecutive days, and not more than one month from date of application, an applicant is sure of scoring 10pts for maintenance in the PBS tier 4 visa system.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
joel911: @Lamie, I think you should desist from misleading applicants and focus on your own application that is still pending with The BHC.
You are giving people the impression that a transaction MUST be made on the 28th day. This is untrue and very misleading.
As long as a bank statement shows a date of between dd/mm/yy - dd/mm/yy and has a closing balance that shows the required funds have been held for 28 consecutive days, and not more than one month from date of application, an applicant is sure of scoring 10pts for maintenance in the PBS tier 4 visa system.

The fact that am an applicant doesn't mean I don't know the right thing I used PFL education and travelling experts they told me all the informations am giving and I paid them money cos they arranged all my documents for me.. Little things count if you like don't do any transaction on the 28th day no problem.. But the last transaction can just be a little amount cos BHC will count from the last day upward so bro no one is giving wrong info...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
lamie505:

The fact that am an applicant doesn't mean I don't know the right thing I used PFL education and travelling experts they told me all the informations am giving and I paid them money cos they arranged all my documents for me.. Little things count if you like don't do any transaction on the 28th day no problem.. But the last transaction can just be a little amount cos BHC will count from the last day upward so bro no one is giving wrong info...
I agree with him but still doesnt mean u arE wrong, its probably jes anoda method but its nt a must 2 pay in amount into ur account on the 28th day. @ least hv applied for a tier 4 twice so speaking from experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
mayo47:
I agree with him but still doesnt mean u arE wrong, its probably jes anoda method but its nt a must 2 pay in amount into ur account on the 28th day. @ least hv applied for a tier 4 twice so speaking from experience.

It not a must bro I understand what am saying and there is no way I can explain better.. Cos wen I was first told by PFL education I was confused untill I got to their office and they explained well.. So you can decide to do that or not but I gives me more confidence cos it just a little amount I added and its no crime... Thanks.. We may all get good news soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
lamie505:

It not a must bro I understand what am saying and there is no way I can explain better.. Cos wen I was first told by PFL education I was confused untill I got to their office and they explained well.. So you can decide to do that or not but I gives me more confidence cos it just a little amount I added and its no crime... Thanks.. We may all get good news soon
You have a point Lamie505 but you're missing the question "why?" You see, some bank statements don't categorically show "opening balance with date" and "closing balance with date" so you need to make a transaction in such a case. But if your bank statements clearly shows the information, it won't be important to make any transaction on the 28th day except you so desire. Also, the BHC DOESN'T count 28 days from date of last transaction UNLESS the quoted conditions above are not satisfied (they use print date to count 28 days backwards). This is just so everyone gets this right. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:16am On Aug 29, 2013
joel911: @Lamie, I think you should desist from misleading applicants and focus on your own application that is still pending with The BHC.

Don Oms:
You have a point Lamie505 but you're missing the question "why?" You see, some bank statements don't categorically show "opening balance with date" and "closing balance with date" so you need to make a transaction in such a case. But if your bank statements clearly shows the information, it won't be important to make any transaction on the 28th day except you so desire. Also, the BHC DOESN'T count 28 days from date of last transaction UNLESS the quoted conditions above are not satisfied (they use print date to count 28 days backwards). This is just so everyone gets this right. Thanks.

True that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 12:54am On Aug 29, 2013
Uk is easy to enter once you follow the guidelines and provide neccessary informations.. It not compulsory you follow what others do.. I only shared what I did so am not forcing anyone to follow suit... Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 12:59am On Aug 29, 2013
Don Oms:

Yeah they count backwards that's what I meant to say not upwards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 29, 2013
Good Morning,
I just got my uk student visa yesterday after only 10 working days and after being rejected last year...Allahu akbar....Thanks to justwise and everyother person who helped with my questions and goodluck to all the other people applying for theirs...i will also be available for any questions too..

WHOOOP!!!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 6:32am On Aug 29, 2013
workinprogress: Good Morning,
I just got my uk student visa yesterday after only 10 working days and after being rejected last year...Allahu akbar....Thanks to justwise and everyother person who helped with my questions and goodluck to all the other people applying for theirs...i will also be available for any questions too..

WHOOOP!!!

Congratulations. We're still waiting for ours oooooo. Lopax, kemoooo any news?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2013
Congrats @workinprogress . .Have a good year .Also!ANyone on here going to Manchester ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2013
Happy for you@workinprogress. Still waiting for mine. Anyone going to bristol?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 7:28am On Aug 29, 2013
mubby08: and what is that?
Hi mubby08. Are you going to Manchester? My sibling is in the same fix but the pfl agent told him there is no need to fret.As long as everything. Is in order.Just be ready to drop everything the minute your passport comes back and catch a flight.All will be well Inshaa Allah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2013
Bibrahim: Congrats @workinprogress . .Have a good year .Also!ANyone on here going to Manchester ?

Hey.....am going to University of Manchester. Still waiting for my visa...6days and counting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2013
Bibrahim:
Hi mubby08. Are you going to Manchester? My sibling is in the same fix but the pfl agent told him there is no need to fret.As long as everything. Is in order.Just be ready to drop everything the minute your passport comes back and catch a flight.All will be well Inshaa Allah

@Bibrahim, as a matter of fact, I'm actually going to Manchester. How did you figure? lol. U going there as well or your sibling? Thanks for the encouragement, i really need that. I'm hopeful that everything will work out fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Aug 29, 2013
workinprogress: Good Morning,

WHOOOP!!!

Congratulations! All the very best with your studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 8:26am On Aug 29, 2013
lamie505:

IF u believe so much in PFL that u r now shooting advice even though ur visa aint out, What are u now fretting about on Nairaland. That u paid money for an application u could hv done on ur own doeant make ur agent an expert. Last year I used agents for my Canada Study and I didn't get it after expending abt 200K. So don't be quoting ur agent here until he has proven over And over again.
About Bank reference its not necceassary, cos BHC would still check with ur bank!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:43am On Aug 29, 2013
Be+2012:

IF u believe so much in PFL that u r now shooting advice even though ur visa aint out, What are u now fretting about on Nairaland. That u paid money for an application u could hv done on ur own doeant make ur agent an expert. Last year I used agents for my Canada Study and I didn't get it after expending abt 200K. So don't be quoting ur agent here until he has proven over And over again.
About Bank reference its not necceassary, cos BHC would still check with ur bank!

Thanks for pointing that out, there is no need adding bank reference, not needed and not part of requirements.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2013
lamie505: Uk is easy to enter once you follow the guidelines and provide neccessary informations.. It not compulsory you follow what others do.. I only shared what I did so am not forcing anyone to follow suit... Thanks

Yes i agree with you but why did you use an agent since you knew all these?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 29, 2013
The thing is not all banks statement show a closing balance. For example I used gtb, and I had to make a transaction on the 28th, and that was my closing balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

Hey.....am going to University of Manchester. Still waiting for my visa...6days and counting.
Yay!im going as well.todaay is day 9. I'm just like .my last day to resume is 30th.classes start 16th. Hoping for the best .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 8:58am On Aug 29, 2013
mubby08:

@Bibrahim, as a matter of fact, I'm actually going to Manchester. How did you figure? lol. U going there as well or your sibling? Thanks for the encouragement, i really need that. I'm hopeful that everything will work out fine.

I'm going as well. Innovations management and entrepreneurship. I figured we'd have the same resumption dates. My brother's going as well. By Gods grace,we'll all have a laugh about this in some pub on Oxford road soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.