Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,246 members, 7,860,561 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868850 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
mac@coretech:
@Justwise. A friend in London called me today advising me to obtain one YELLOW CARD( For Yellow Fever immunization) from the Ministry of Health. According to him, the UK border agency will request for the card at the point of entry at the port. I now have the Yellow Card and will go for the immunization on Friday, please fellow students make sure you have your Yellow Fever Immunization and the Card to show. Please Justice your advise on other things and/or documents the UK immigration will request at the port will be appreciated, you will save people from being refused entry. God will bless you.
Sorry that doesn't apply to nigerians just a few countries in EU like romania and bulgaria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
mac@coretech:
At my state Ministry of Health. Locate the Ministry of Health of the state you are residing. They will provide you with every information you need.

The yellow card is important one can also get it from WHO centre in each state
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
735 i:
Hi Justwise; If Naira equivalent for the balance of my tuition and living expenses is; N 3.6m (which is already in my account) and i withdraw N 500k after my after my Visa application. Will it in anyway affect my chances in getting a visa? i am at crossroads to either sell pounds which i bought for N 254 and buy later at a much more expensive rate or; withdraw the money from my account.
Your opinion please?

its 50/50 situation, if you are unlucky the embassy call your bank to verify then you will be refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
mac@coretech:
@Justwise. A friend in London called me today advising me to obtain one YELLOW CARD( For Yellow Fever immunization) from the Ministry of Health. According to him, the UK border agency will request for the card at the point of entry at the port. I now have the Yellow Card and will go for the immunization on Friday, please fellow students make sure you have your Yellow Fever Immunization and the Card to show. Please Justice your advise on other things and/or documents the UK immigration will request at the port will be appreciated, you will save people from being refused entry. God will bless you.

that is news to me, i doubt yellow card is needed, never heard of anybody questioned about that at point of entry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
735 i:
Hi Justwise; If Naira equivalent for the balance of my tuition and living expenses is; N 3.6m (which is already in my account) and i withdraw N 500k after my after my Visa application. Will it in anyway affect my chances in getting a visa? i am at crossroads to either sell pounds which i bought for N 254 and buy later at a much more expensive rate or; withdraw the money from my account.
Your opinion please?
Please, wait till after you receive your visa before you withdraw.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hi guys, I hope to receive my CAS by Friday this week, I'm printing my account statement today, made a little payment into the account to be used as closing balance. since the account is in my name, will I have to submit any of my sponsors docs? And apart from what will be listed in my CAS letter, is there any other thing I need to submit with my application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hi Justwise and other nairalanders. Please, can one withdraw some money from one's account after visa has been granted? I need to book my flight, but i'm confused as to whether i can withdraw from that account to book my flight even after obtaining one's visa. Somebody told me that the UKBA continues to monitor the account till you get to the uk. How true is this? Justwise, please your advice?

In addition, wjhat are the documents that would be asked for at the point of entry? Is it true that a yellow fever immunization is a requirement for entry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennyfar: Hi guys, I hope to receive my CAS by Friday this week, I'm printing my account statement today, made a little payment into the account to be used as closing balance. since the account is in my name, will I have to submit any of my sponsors docs? And apart from what will be listed in my CAS letter, is there any other thing I need to submit with my application?
To the best of my knowledge, I do not think they care about the source of the fund, all they care about is the fact that it has been kept for the minimum 28 consecutive days, that way they'd be sure the fund would be available for your use. You should include all the documents you used in securing your admission. The most important are those listed on your CAS, however.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
wolske: Hi Justwise and other nairalanders. Please, can one withdraw some money from one's account after visa has been granted? I need to book my flight, but i'm confused as to whether i can withdraw from that account to book my flight even after obtaining one's visa. Somebody told me that the UKBA continues to monitor the account till you get to the uk. How true is this? Justwise, please your advice?

In addition, wjhat are the documents that would be asked for at the point of entry? Is it true that a yellow fever immunization is a requirement for entry?
You can definitely withdraw after your visa has been granted,I believe. At least you'd convert the fund to GBP before you can spend it over there. I doubt they'll have enough time on their hands to be checking individual accounts even after visa has been granted! That.is.not.true! To be on safe side, you can obtain the yellow card, think its just N500. I learnt new cards would be introduced as from Oct 1st, though. That means the old one will become invalid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
I just got my account statement, it's just one page, being dat it was opened last month and the funds transferred immediately it was opened. Didn't touch the account till date, I hope I can use it. It seems very scanty
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
@jidevince & co pls i dont know where u guys heard dis ur yellow card news, am in the uk presently & hv asked a few others
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennyfar: I just got my account statement, it's just one page, being dat it was opened last month and the funds transferred immediately it was opened. Didn't touch the account till date, I hope I can use it. It seems very scanty
is ok because i used one page statement of acct and i gt my visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
bbash1045:
is ok because i used one page statement of acct and i gt my visa

Thanks a bunch
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
also I made part payment of my tuition, i spoke to the admissions officer and she said the amount won't be stated in the CAS, is the receipt of payment sufficient evidence of payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
Yes sure
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2013
jennyfar: Hi guys, I hope to receive my CAS by Friday this week, I'm printing my account statement today, made a little payment into the account to be used as closing balance. since the account is in my name, will I have to submit any of my sponsors docs? And a[b]part from what will be listed in my CAS letter, is there any other thing I need to submit with my application?[/b]

If you are using your own account, no need for any sponsor documentation.
And its only the things listed in your CAS that you should take along.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
kem000: this waiting game is serious ooooo, am having sleepless nights. God help us all. Amen

Relax. Be hopeful, all the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
blesseddude: Pls I applied on the 31st at lekki centre and still no reply from BHC ..please how can i contact them ...its bn 18working days..I know God will give me the entry clearance

I am sure you will get their reply soon. Have you checked online to track your application?
VFS call centre: 0704 284 8040 or email: info.ukng@vfshelpline.com

All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blesseddude: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thank you very much I just sent them an email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
Aristoqrat:

I am sure you will get their reply soon. Have you checked online to track your application?

All the best!

Please whenever I track mine online it says page not found.. What can I do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
mayo47: @jidevince & co pls i dont know where u guys heard dis ur yellow card news, am in the uk presently & hv asked a few others
Well that was raised by mac@coretech, I have no idea if its required or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Aristoqrat:

All the best!
the best thing is to call the BHC customer service because VFC will keep telling u visa is in verification section, there u will gt full information abt ur visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
lamie505:

Please whenever I track mine online it says page not found.. What can I do

You can call their customer care to find out more.
All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Aristoqrat:

You can call their customer care to find out more.
All the best!

Thanks boss.. But will my not able to track it affect my application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blesseddude: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
bbash1045:
the best thing is to call the BHC customer service because VFC will keep telling u visa is in verification section, there u will gt full information abt ur visa

Please do u have the contact for the BHC customer service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
blesseddude:

Please do u have the contact for the BHC customer service
call this number +23494622200 from 9am to 3pm, and follow the instruction. cnt remember the first instruction but press 1 then the second instruction is, if u wana talk to our customer service press 1, then u press. complain to him and he will ask ur passport number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blesseddude: 11:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
bbash1045:
call this number +23494622200 from 9am to 3pm, and follow the instruction. cnt remember the first instruction but press 1 then the second instruction is, if u wana talk to our customer service press 1, then u press. complain to him and he will ask ur passport number.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BBASH1045
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 28, 2013
blesseddude:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BBASH1045
my guy, my visa stayed for 24working days, so jst relax
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 6:21am On Aug 28, 2013
Big thanks to justwise for his contribution. Got my visa yesterday after 11 working days only dat my dependent was denied. Can i appeal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:38am On Aug 28, 2013
damsey: Big thanks to justwise for his contribution. Got my visa yesterday after 11 working days only dat my dependent was denied. Can i appeal?

What was the reason for the refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2013
Dat i did'nt submit enough evidence of her relationship with me which he specifically quote marriage certificate or photograph. I include d original marriage certificate & photocopy of change of name in application wit her birth certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 7:12am On Aug 28, 2013
Please when i submitted my application i did not pay for DHL posting of package. Can i make the payment now. How possible can this be. Expecting news by friday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.