Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,399 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868829 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 6:40am On Aug 27, 2013
ochukoccna:
I made two transactions today
The BDC eventually gave me a N256 per pound quote while my Aboki did it for for N257 [Note this Aboki did my 1st transaction at N253 before the scarcity set in]
I would have waited for the rate to drop more but hey I don't want to resume in the dead of winter i.e. January
Also I'm aiming to wire my remaining school fees before putting in my application
I heard doing such helps speed one's application up up
Yeah officially its 245 but do banks even sell it to you at N249? angry angry
Rather they link you with the black market or tell you to fund it yourself embarassed embarassed embarassed
Our banks are a little better than the Mafia in that they have legal licences but do the same things
Rackets and Extortion

That's cool...banks in Nigeria don't give good price for foreign currency they sell high to you.. And they will even tell you they don't have so you have to use the black market.. I think I will change at muritala airport.. I can't risk buying fake pounds from Aboki oo... That's why am gonna use a BDC at Muritala.. But visa has to come out first oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 7:28am On Aug 27, 2013
@Lamie505. Please, where is the Bureau de change at Murtala Mohammed airport located?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:57am On Aug 27, 2013
JideVince:
4th October but 14th is the final arrival day.*between 19thSept. And 14th Oct there are 17 working days, excluding Oct. 1st.

You shouldn't have gone through legal guardian route, if you are under 18yrs of age...maybe just maybe it will work.

Have you paid your fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:14am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise:

You shouldn't have gone through legal guardian route, if you are under 18yrs of age...maybe just maybe it will work.

Have you paid your fees?
That was my mistake,only if I had joined this forum earlier. My tuition has been paid in full(£16000) I secured a full-tuition scholarship from Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust(ANFCT)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2013
emmy78: @Lamie505. Please, where is the Bureau de change at Murtala Mohammed airport located?

It is inside the airport.. It a small room you just ask the security in the departure and they will show you where it is.. They change money reasonably...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:20am On Aug 27, 2013
JideVince:
That was my mistake,only if I had joined this forum earlier. My tuition has been paid in full(£16000) I secured a full-tuition scholarship from Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust(ANFCT)

Was this after the refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 8:29am On Aug 27, 2013
hey justwise, 
I have been going through this thread and can see you've been of so much help to a lot of people here. Keep up the good work. 

pls I'm having an issue I will like your input on,I deposited the required maintenance funds in my account on the 12th of August(the reason behind this is a long story, so I dont want to go into that). The problem now is that the 28 days will be complete on the 9th of September. My course start date is on the 16th, but it is written on my CAS that the last date of acceptance into the course is 30th of September. I'm really worried about this, I'm just endlessly waiting for the 9th, which seems to be so far, and i'm not even sure how possible it will be for me to get an interview date for that 9th.i feel like its going to be extremely late for me.any advice would be highly appreciated. I have paid my full tuition by the way, and it has been updated on my CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Was this after the refusal?
No, before.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:36am On Aug 27, 2013
mubby08: hey justwise, 
I have been going through this thread and can see you've been of so much help to a lot of people here. Keep up the good work. 

pls I'm having an issue I will like your input on,I deposited the required maintenance funds in my account on the 12th of August(the reason behind this is a long story, so I dont want to go into that). The problem now is that the 28 days will be complete on the 9th of September. My course start date is on the 16th, but it is written on my CAS that the last date of acceptance into the course is 30th of September. I'm really worried about this, I'm just endlessly waiting for the 9th, which seems to be so far, and i'm not even sure how possible it will be for me to get an interview date for that 9th.i feel like its going to be extremely late for me.any advice would be highly appreciated. I have paid my full tuition by the way, and it has been updated on my CAS. 

Its really close one, but you can do what others did.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Aug 27, 2013
Don Oms:
Hello I need your advice. I paid my
tuition on wed and thurday the school said cas
take 3 to 4 days. Thus I can get my cas on 22 or
23. So can i book appointment then but my maint
money will reach 28 days by 26 or I should wait
still 26 to book the appointment.

Please read this carefully. If you're to resume on the 23rd Sept, and your money will be ready on the 26th Aug; Once you get your CAS, I advise you go over to the online application page & start your visa application. Once you get to the third or fourth page, click the "save application" button. They will send you a GWF number into your email (copy this number in a safe place) and they'll warn you that the "unsubmitted" application will be deleted in 7 days. Now, go to the VFS visa appointment booking site and book the earliest date with your GWF number and your CAS reference number. You must submit that application before the 7-day expiry or if your 28-day period will run beyond the 7-day expiry, just "login to complete existing application" after 5 days and add some more data and re-save to begin counting another 7 days. As soon as your 28 days is up, submit your application & print out.
The reason I'm giving you this option is so as to get an early date for appointment. However, U'll likely get a day less than 15-working days to 23rd Sept, so quickly mail your School and request for an extension. PLEASE!!! If you don't understand my advise, just ask me further questions or don't follow it at all; I don't want you doing something that will cost you eventually. I'm only trying to help.

@mubby08 this post^^^ will help you get around the appointment issues, if you don't understand after going through it carefully please ask for more clarification
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 8:39am On Aug 27, 2013
and what is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2013
JideVince:
No, before.

If you are been sponsored why then were you going through legal guardian?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2013
@justwise
Okay. I just got your second reply. Thanks. I will try and do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise:

If you are been sponsored why then were you going through legal guardian?
Its just my tuition that has been taken care of,no funds towards maintenance. Meaning I had to prove funds would be available for maintenance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2013
JideVince:
Its just my tuition that has been taken care of,no funds towards maintenance. Meaning I had to prove funds would be available for maintenance.

Ok..i get that. Is your sponsorship status stated in your CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 9:13am On Aug 27, 2013
lamie505:

That's cool...banks in Nigeria don't give good price for foreign currency they sell high to you.. And they will even tell you they don't have so you have to use the black market.. I think I will change at muritala airport.. I can't risk buying fake pounds from Aboki oo... That's why am gonna use a BDC at Muritala.. But visa has to come out first oo
Ha ha ha, Lamie dey fear O! grin grin
I've been dealing with my Aboki for upward of 2 years now for many dollar transactions only now na pounds, so there's a relationship already going
Even at that I told him to his face during one of our transactions last week that I don't trust him nor do I anybody
One thing I've quickly learnt is to look out for security features e.g. holding the money against the light helps
I did that last week when buying to which he replied 'Tola, you no trust me?' to which I replied yes O! grin grin
Twenty and ten pounds have a security silver strip on the note unlike the fifty pound note which have mainly internal features
Also buying in smaller quantities help a lot as buying large amounts help fraudsters better
That apart Abokis that have a shop/office are less likely to scam you
Also the real dudes tend to mark their notes with a small unique sign to that dealer
I learnt the easiest way to spot fakes is be exposed to genuine currency over time repeatedly such that immediately you touch a fake, a red flag goes off
Bottom line is do what works best for you

BTW, how much do you want to take along when leaving?
Your total maintenance money?
Is that safe?
I'm looking at cash of 2000-2500 max when leaving along with my bank card cool
I read Nigerian Bank issued Mastercards and VisaCards work great in the UK [but do make sure its the top banks here] kiss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:23am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise:

Ok..i get that. Is your sponsorship status stated in your CAS?
Yes! It was on the old one with the statements "tuition fee to be paid £0" "student not liable to pay any fee personally" I assume it would be stated on the new one I requested for. I also have the original letter of confirmation of award.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 9:53am On Aug 27, 2013
ochukoccna:
Ha ha ha, Lamie dey fear O! grin grin
I've been dealing with my Aboki for upward of 2 years now for many dollar transactions only now na pounds, so there's a relationship already going
Even at that I told him to his face during one of our transactions last week that I don't trust him nor do I anybody
One thing I've quickly learnt is to look out for security features e.g. holding the money against the light helps
I did that last week when buying to which he replied 'Tola, you no trust me?' to which I replied yes O! grin grin
Twenty and ten pounds have a security silver strip on the note unlike the fifty pound note which have mainly internal features
Also buying in smaller quantities help a lot as buying large amounts help fraudsters better
That apart Abokis that have a shop/office are less likely to scam you
Also the real dudes tend to mark their notes with a small unique sign to that dealer
I learnt the easiest way to spot fakes is be exposed to genuine currency over time repeatedly such that immediately you touch a fake, a red flag goes off
Bottom line is do what works best for you

BTW, how much do you want to take along when leaving?
Your total maintenance money?
Is that safe?
I'm looking at cash of 2000-2500 max when leaving along with my bank card cool
I read Nigerian Bank issued Mastercards and VisaCards work great in the UK [but do make sure its the top banks here] kiss

I have an Aboki too and have been dealing with him for long.. But it also dollars I haven't bought pounds from him before.. Am going with like 3500 pounds.. The rest will be transfered to me wen I open a bank account.. I have a visa gold card.. Which uni are you going?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 9:57am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise:

not necessary at all.

Thank you Justwise smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:00am On Aug 27, 2013
Don Oms:
Justwise has replied you. I want to believe the application is for a Tier-4 Student Visa...except the employer is a sponsor, there's no need for any attestation letter.

Yea its for Tier-4 student visa,thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2013
This waiting period can increase blood pressure ooo... My God... I think Justwise need to organise prayer section for us.. Still waiting... God help me so i can give my testimony 2 and appreciation to d most High.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 10:23am On Aug 27, 2013
holyboy.com:
This waiting period can increase blood pressure ooo... My God... I think Justwise need to organise prayer section for us.. Still waiting... God help me so i can give my testimony 2 and appreciation to d most High.

Temperature keep on increasing... May God help us all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
holyboy.com:

Same here Bro, it shall be well wit us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thought this info might help as regards online form validity
"Your online form will be valid:
until your appointment date, if you have
booked an appointment through Visa4UK and
you have a visa appointment reference (VAR)
number; or
for 90 days from the date when you submit it, in
other circumstances. We cannot accept your
form after this 90-day period, as the data will
have been deleted. You will need to complete a
new application if you bring an expired
application form to a visa application centre."
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
this waiting game is serious ooooo, am having sleepless nights. God help us all. Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by 735i(m): 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hi Justwise; If Naira equivalent for the balance of my tuition and living expenses is; N 3.6m (which is already in my account) and i withdraw N 500k after my after my Visa application. Will it in anyway affect my chances in getting a visa? i am at crossroads to either sell pounds which i bought for N 254 and buy later at a much more expensive rate or; withdraw the money from my account.
Your opinion please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maccoretech: 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
@Justwise. A friend in London called me today advising me to obtain one YELLOW CARD( For Yellow Fever immunization) from the Ministry of Health. According to him, the UK border agency will request for the card at the point of entry at the port. I now have the Yellow Card and will go for the immunization on Friday, please fellow students make sure you have your Yellow Fever Immunization and the Card to show. Please Justice your advise on other things and/or documents the UK immigration will request at the port will be appreciated, you will save people from being refused entry. God will bless you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
grin
kem000: this waiting game is serious ooooo, am having sleepless nights. God help us all. Amen

It shall be well wit Us by next week na Gud news go dey follow grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
mac@coretech:
@Justwise. A friend in London called me today advising me to obtain one YELLOW CARD( For Yellow Fever immunization) from the Ministry of Health. According to him, the UK border agency will request for the card at the point of entry at the port. I now have the Yellow Card and will go for the immunization on Friday, please fellow students make sure you have your Yellow Fever Immunization and the Card to show. Please Justice your advise on other things and/or documents the UK immigration will request at the port will be appreciated, you will save people from being refused entry. God will bless you.
where did u obtain ur yellow card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blesseddude: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pls I applied on the 31st at lekki centre and still no reply from BHC ..please how can i contact them ...its bn 18working days..I know God will give me the entry clearance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
lamie505:

It is inside the airport.. It a small room you just ask the security in the departure and they will show you where it is.. They change money reasonably...

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maccoretech: 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
masperano:
where did u obtain ur yellow card?
At my state Ministry of Health. Locate the Ministry of Health of the state you are residing. They will provide you with every information you need.

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.