Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,414 members, 7,853,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868461 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
i applied on the 2nd of september, i am waiting for it on the 23rd, but 23rd is the start of enrolment COVENTRY UNIVERSITY=MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, MSC, i need to know my people going to COVENTRY UNIVERSITY
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
Donsly1: wow! Thank God. I was issued my visa after 10 working days. I thank justwise and everyone that asked and answered questions on this forum. You guys are really doing a nice job. For someone like me, though, I didn't ask questions, but I read through all the questions asked and answers given. This forum doesn't only provide answers to questions, but also serve as a source of encouragement. You get to know when u're likely going to get a decision, based on comments of those that applied at the same time with you. Once again, I thank justwise, and everyone that contributed on this thread. For those of you still expecting u're Visa, I wish you all good luck and God bless us all. Amen. See ya all in Uk.

Congratulations! When did you get your text and your visa also where did you submit please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ksolo2013: 12:27am On Sep 16, 2013
mz-enna how u doing now in bristol and have u got a place yet i hope ?whats ur bb pin if u got one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mj87: 9:08am On Sep 16, 2013
hi could anyone tell me about fixed deposit , as i have shown my fixed deposit statement for my visa process and i ask to come down for a personal interview at bhc & yet i hvn't got the schedule for my interview. does anyone know how much they take for scheduling an interview ? i sent them a mail regarding scheduling of interview and telling them tht my course commencement is 23rd of sep..what to do guys? anyone plz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 9:41am On Sep 16, 2013
seeugabson: i applied on the 2nd of september, i am waiting for it on the 23rd, but 23rd is the start of enrolment COVENTRY UNIVERSITY=MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, MSC, i need to know my people going to COVENTRY UNIVERSITY

Am also going to COVENTRY. Msc Information Technology for Management. i applied on the 3rd of Sept in Abuja. yea enrollment is 23rd sept but my CAS stated a late enrollment for 7 October. its a nervous waiting period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2013
mj87: hi could anyone tell me about fixed deposit , as i have shown my fixed deposit statement for my visa process and i ask to come down for a personal interview at bhc & yet i hvn't got the schedule for my interview. does anyone know how much they take for scheduling an interview ? i sent them a mail regarding scheduling of interview and telling them tht my course commencement is 23rd of sep..what to do guys? anyone plz
Based on the above and what I have read on this informative thread, it will be a first if you get your visa using fixed deposit funds undecided undecided cry cry
Do let us know if you do cool cool
For the other answers you seek, do read this thread especially the previous 10 pages before this page wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by marcdeco: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2013
Hi all

I want to know what i have to do as there are more boxes for the sponsor license number than the license number of my sponsor?
Should i begin by some "0" or should i let some boxes empty at the end?

And at the beginning of page 5 of the appendix 8 do we have to fill questions 5.12 if we didn't school in UK as undergraduate (i schooled in my home country). i am intending to take a postgraduaten there...

Thanks for your prompt and clear answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 10:49am On Sep 16, 2013
For those of us who have taken fight already, which airline offers the best baggage allowance vis a vis comfort
Emirates quotes 30kg while Airfrance, Lufthansa and KLM quote 23kg*2 [all for Economy class]
Did any one make excess baggage allowance payment [I really see some crazy prices per excess kilogram]
?

marcdeco: Hi all

I want to know what i have to do as there are more boxes for the sponsor license number than the license number of my sponsor?
Should i begin by some "0" or should i let some boxes empty at the end?

And at the beginning of page 5 of the appendix 8 do we have to fill questions 5.12 if we didn't school in UK as undergraduate (i schooled in my home country). i am intending to take a postgraduaten there...

Thanks for your prompt and clear answer

Seems you are numb to the fact that your sponsor's license number is unique?
Why do you want to add a zero therein? undecided undecided
A zero your sponsor didn't include

N/A= Not Applicable should do for your answer/response cool cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zobalaw: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2013
GirlieNtosh:
Wow good to know. I ll be leaving Nigeria next week Sunday to arrive aberdeen on Monday though my school is the university of Aberdeen. So how are you finding aberdeen so far
i am also looking foward to studying at the university of aberdeen..i applied for my visa on the 26th august...today makes it 15 working days and am rilly not at ease,..my status hasn't changed yet but my fingers are crossed. you guys are doing a great job here..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
zobalaw:
i am also looking foward to studying at the university of aberdeen..i applied for my visa on the 26th august...today makes it 15 working days and am rilly not at ease,..my status hasn't changed yet but my fingers are crossed. you guys are doing a great job here..

Where did you apply? abuja, ikeja or lekki?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
justwise:

If you can visit the embassy, 23rd is just here though you will likely hear from them next week.

Thanks justwise.

I finally got through to them today (though after spending transport to Abuja). They said they called me to schedule an interview which would have held today in Lagos. they said i should expect another call this week against next week Monday's interview.

please what are the possible questions? are they gonna be same as I was asked at the vfs?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
justwise:

If you can visit the embassy, 23rd is just here though you will likely hear from them next week.

Thanks justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
moufpeas: hello peeps , i arrived in uk yesterday...so excited...any Robert gordon uni peeps in the aus or aberdeen?

congratulations moufpeas! happy for you jare! i pray mine would come soon o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
sollie001:

Thanks justwise.

I finally got through to them today (though after spending transport to Abuja). They said they called me to schedule an interview which would have held today in Lagos. they said i should expect another call this week against next week Monday's interview. My school has extended my resumption date till 4th Oct.

please what are the possible questions? are they gonna be same as I was asked at the vfs?

@sollie001 when did you submit your application? And where did you submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
Alhamdulillahi exactly 1 month I just checked my tracking has changed pickin up tomorrow In Shaa Allah I will share positive news! For others waiting God would do your own too o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
abnot: Hello people, which of the oanda conversions do ukba use? Naira to pounds or Pounds to naira?
Naira to pounds(if your money is in Naira). If your money is in pounds, no worries! You don't have to covert it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
sollie001:

Thanks justwise.

I finally got through to them today (though after spending transport to Abuja). They said they called me to schedule an interview which would have held today in Lagos. they said i should expect another call this week against next week Monday's interview. My school has extended my resumption date till 4th Oct.

I posted some before but here you go:

1. Name of your school
2. Course you're offering
3. Why you picked the school
4. Why you want to school in the Uk
5. If you have ever visited the Uk. why?
6. If you have family in the Uk. where?
7. If you are under 18 they are likely to ask you whare you would be staying
8. If you considered any other school. Why you picked the school you did.
9. If you considered any other country. Why you picked the uk
10. What you plan to do on completion of your course
11. Where your school is
12. why you picked that location
13. how long your course would be for

just be brief with your answers speak loudly and not too fast too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
anonymous26: Alhamdulillahi exactly 1 month I just checked my tracking has changed pickin up tomorrow In Shaa Allah I will share positive news! For others waiting God would do your own too o!
Looks like you got it bro, keep us posted. And don't forget to pray for me as well.
Congratulation,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
anonymous26: Alhamdulillahi exactly 1 month I just checked my tracking has changed pickin up tomorrow In Shaa Allah I will share positive news! For others waiting God would do your own too o!
What was yours saying? And what time did it exactly change? And after how many working days? 22?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
onerno@yahoo.co:

Am also going to COVENTRY. Msc Information Technology for Management. i applied on the 3rd of Sept in Abuja. yea enrollment is 23rd sept but my CAS stated a late enrollment for 7 October. its a nervous waiting period.
Am also going 2 Coventry by dis weekend, just keep in touch. Best of luck guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
elyasnawabi:
What was yours saying? And what time did it exactly change? And after how many working days? 22?

Around 12pm i checked it. It was still saying it was forwarded to BHC. Around 3 i checked it, it said "Your processed passport is in transit to your visa application centre" or something close. I just checked again and it says "your application is ready for collection: please visit the UK visa application centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same". Sheffield replied my mail to say my visa was issued on friday tho. Thank God.

Yes 22 working days. exactly one month 16/08 to 16/09. Thank God!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
elyasnawabi:
Looks like you got it bro, keep us posted. And don't forget to pray for me as well.
Congratulation,

haha im a girl. But yh In shaa Allah by this week you will get your response. I will put you in my prayers and i will keep you posted for sure. when does your school resume?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
anonymous26:

haha im a girl. But yh In shaa Allah by this week you will get your response. I will put you in my prayers and i will keep you posted for sure. when does your school resume?
Ooops...sorry haha...my school resumes on the 23rd. Thanks a lot. Inshallah I will.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
Alhamdulillah, i left naija on saturday night and i reach sunday monday. thanke everyone and one love. a
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
justwise:

Bus pass cost defer from city to city, wait until you get to Liverpool, register and get your student ID and student union card, with those two you will get loads of discounts from all sorts of travel tickets

Thanks bro.. Will do that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 11:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hey guys i just wanted to clarify somn. so basically the part of the vaf 9 personal details form that asks you if you have travelled in the last 10yrs, what if you were given a 2yr visa and have travelled for holz in between, do you put the date( you were given the visa) and then 2yrs in the duration section or do you put the individual dates of all the times you travlled in btw plus their duration. eg say you travel in december for 3weeks and for summer (2months) do you make mention of these in the travel history. Btw does it make a diff if you make your visa app in abuja vs lagos. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 11:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
Deolu_1993:
Hey guys i just wanted to clarify somn. so basically the part of the vaf 9 personal details form that asks you if you have travelled in the last 10yrs, what if you were given a 2yr visa and have travelled for holz in between, do you put the date( you were given the visa) and then 2yrs in the duration section or do you put the individual dates of all the times you travlled in btw plus their duration. eg say you travel in december for 3weeks and for summer (2months) do you make mention of these in the travel history. Btw does it make a diff if you make your visa app in abuja vs lagos. Thanks

Yes you make mention of all of it. Make mention of all the times your visa was stamped let me put it like that regardless of it you were using the same visa or not! Because of the rush hour it is faster to make your application in Abuja for quicker result. If you have the opportunity make it in Abuja. If not do ikeja in Lagos. Lekki applications are sent to sheffield which takes longer time. But Abuja is your best bet!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 12:06am On Sep 17, 2013
anonymous26:

Yes you make mention of all of it. Make mention of all the times your visa was stamped let me put it like that regardless of it you were using the same visa or not! Because of the rush hour it is faster to make your application in Abuja for quicker result. If you have the opportunity make it in Abuja. If not do ikeja in Lagos. Lekki applications are sent to sheffield which takes longer time. But Abuja is your best bet!
Thanks, really appreciate your advice..would definetely take note smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pantex: 12:44am On Sep 17, 2013
Mine is more of a M I R A C L E.
My visa ws processd in just 5 working days or so. I applied in abuja on the 4th sep and ws sent an sms on 12th. Though my interview was a mess cos i answerd som questions wrongly but all my documents are intact. NA JUST GOD OH...
Heading 2 coventry, biotechnology by weekend.
Thanx Justwise.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 2:20am On Sep 17, 2013
anonymous26:

Around 12pm i checked it. It was still saying it was forwarded to BHC. Around 3 i checked it, it said "Your processed passport is in transit to your visa application centre" or something close. I just checked again and it says "your application is ready for collection: please visit the UK visa application centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same". Sheffield replied my mail to say my visa was issued on friday tho. Thank God.

Yes 22 working days. exactly one month 16/08 to 16/09. Thank God!

Thank God for you o! happy for you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 2:22am On Sep 17, 2013
anonymous26:

I posted some before but here you go:

1. Name of your school
2. Course you're offering
3. Why you picked the school
4. Why you want to school in the Uk
5. If you have ever visited the Uk. why?
6. If you have family in the Uk. where?
7. If you are under 18 they are likely to ask you whare you would be staying
8. If you considered any other school. Why you picked the school you did.
9. If you considered any other country. Why you picked the uk
10. What you plan to do on completion of your course
11. Where your school is
12. why you picked that location
13. how long your course would be for

just be brief with your answers speak loudly and not too fast too

thanks sis! grateful! congratulations for yours! wish you well!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 2:23am On Sep 17, 2013
abnot:

@sollie001 when did you submit your application? And where did you submit?

s

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.